Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Why is Ronaldo taking penalties and most of our good freekick oportunities when he clearly is not best at them ? This just highlights that United is more about individualism to me

Gavinb33

He has scored one open play goal in god knows how long for us.

His lack of mobility and engagement in the build up means if he doesn't score there isn't much else he does and that's a big issue, strikers in modern football need to be more than just goalscorers.

United in sin

You should look at the goal records of our strikers this season.

And I could pull up examples of basically every striker that's ever played for us going 2 months without a goal. It happens to all strikers.
Ronaldo is on the verge of going on his longest dry spell since the 2009/10 season at Real. It's not just about his goalless spell, his overall performances during this time have been poor and have done little to help the team.

Ronaldo has scored in only 6 of 18 PL games (he scored doubles against Arsenal and Newcastle) and 2 of his 8 goals have been penalties. That's a poor return for one of the highest paid players on the planet

Last edited:

Irwin99

We need him to get a goal and hopefully the floodgates will open again. Given what's happened to certain players in our squad recently we need him to step up if we're going to have any chance of 4th place or getting past Atletico.

Hope the fans get behind him and he goes on a good run. Viva Ronaldo! :D

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I hope he goes back to Sporting. Then, he must be the best player there. Right?
He’s the best player we United so for sure he would be the best player not only at Sporting but in the league.

Rojow

Helping the team? Even Fred at this point. And Bruno is way more useful. But hey, it's all about stadictics, goals and that.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He’s the best player we United so for sure he would be the best player not only at Sporting but in the league.
I doubt that

He is 37, a 37 yo player being the best ahead of everybody at their peak in a certain league, speaks bad about the league itself.

He wouldn't be the best player of the league at 37 if he moves to Bundesliga,Spain, Italy or even France ( he isn't better than current Di Maria,Mbappe,Tchouameni, and Ben Yedder).

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
He is 37, a 37 yo player being the best ahead of everybody at their peak talks in a certain league talks bad about the league

He wouldn't be the best player of the league at 37 if he moves to Bundesliga,Spain, Italy or even France ( he isn't better than current Di Maria,Mbappe,Tchouameni, and Ben Yedder).
Or he’s just that good especially for the reality of the Portuguese league. You think I’m going to say Pote or Sarabia or Luis Diaz (I know he left) are better then Ronaldo when they clearly are not ? He would score for fun in Portugal.

United’s problems run way deeper then Ronaldo even Ibra said this about United in a interview. Put Lewa in United right now and they would still be trash and that’s testament to the many problems thst the club has that instead of the club pointing out they blame a period.

Ronaldo and City would be scoring for fun. Heck even Liverpool.

United in sin

Whose better.
Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood, Fred, Cavani, Bruno, De Gea, Varane. Sancho is still yet to show his best but id pick him everytime over Ronaldo, same with Elanga or Amad. Any player not holding this squad back and can contribute going forward is better than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has completely unbalanced our attack to the point I see no merits to our squad's development and progression in having him here.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ronaldo has been a fairly disastrous signing if we are being honest. We looked a better team last season without him and nobody can deny that. We can't use his performances in the past for us, Madrid and Juve cloud our judgement. He's not that same player anymore. It was always a gamble and a tall order to bring him back at his age and expect miracles. He still will have that odd game and moment of pure genius as that's what he's been but consistently he's just not there anymore. Actually think he made a mistake coming back to the PL. The game is too quick for him now.

Whilst we were far from perfect under Ole last year we did still come 2nd, reach a final and a also a semi final. The attack looked far more coherent before Ronaldo came back.

Last season Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood and Cavani all scored far more goals than this season. It can't all be coincidence, can it?

Think it would be good for all parties if he leaves this summer as if he's leading our line next year we will get nowhere near City and Liverpool.

SportingCP96

Supports
Pogba, Greenwood, Cavani, Bruno, De Gea, Varane. Sancho is still yet to show his best but id pick up him everytime over Ronaldo, same with Elanga or Amad

Ronaldo has completely unbalanced our attack to the point I see no merits to our squad's development and progression in having him here.
Jesus Christ. Greenwood is a big no and as far I’m concerned he’s going to be someone’s boyfriend in jail soon. Elanga and Amad. Seriously?

Sancho? Based on what ?

Pogba? The same guy United used as a scape goat for that problems every other season? Cavani? Why because he presses and has less goals in more games for United?

United best two players are Ronaldo and Bruno and still at 37 it’s clearly Ronaldo.

United in sin

Jesus Christ. Greenwood is a big no and as far I’m concerned he’s going to be someone’s boyfriend in jail soon. Elanga and Amad. Seriously?

Sancho? Based on what ?

Pogba? The same guy United used as a scape goat for that problems every other season? Cavani? Why because he presses and has less goals in more games for United?

United best two players are Ronaldo and Bruno and still at 37 it’s clearly Ronaldo.
Yes, those younger players are better for united than an over
the hill Ronaldo. We don't need him here

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes, all of those younger players are better for united than old man over
The fact you even said elanga and amad makes this conversation pointless. All I will say it is Simply laughable to be nice.

Im sure elanga and amad would of scored the goals to get you out of the CL group stage.

That take would have someone considering to put their head in a microwave.

AndySmith1990

Sancho? Based on what ?

Fair play, you don't even make any effort to hide how ridiculously biased you are towards Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is not by far our best player. If we were a properly run club he'd be used as he should be, as an impact sub.

UpWithRivers

My nine year old keeps asking why Ronaldo is so sht. Im the one trying to be positive and say he has done well in some games and he will score loads soon etc but Im not sure how much longer I can keep up with this charade. Either he'll have to accept Ronaldo is sht and Santa is not real or maybe he can just join the caf and keep up the delusion.

Joel Miller

Hard to say that when he’s the best player in your squad by a large distance.
You have to be an extremely deluded, fanboy level person to even begin to make that claim. I mean you can’t be serious! He’s stinking the place out buddy.

Do you ever ask yourself why actual United fans (not these weird player supporters who’ve emerged) are unhappy with him and his signing in general?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sad state of affairs if he is our best player :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
You have to be an extremely deluded, fanboy level person to even begin to make that claim. I mean you can’t be serious! He’s stinking the place out buddy.

Do you ever ask yourself why actual United fans (not these weird player supporters who’ve emerged) are unhappy with him and his signing in general?
Who.is.better.

FattyFooty

Yes, those younger players are better for united than an over
None of them could do it in the Champions League.

In 10 CL games Greenwood has 1 or 2 goals.

A 36 year old Ronaldo has 5 this year alone.

Another thing: Mason, Rashford, Martial and Sancho have allmost 500 Premier league games combined. With just scored right over 100 goals. That is very low.

So our attack has had major issues over time.

SportingCP96

Supports
None of them could do it in the Champions League.

In 10 CL games Greenwood has 1 or 2 goals.

A 36 year old Ronaldo has 5 this year alone.

Another thing: Mason, Rashford, Martial and Sancho have allmost 500 Premier league games combined. With just scored right over 100 goals. That is very low.

So our attack has had major issues over time.
No no stop it.

Clearly fecking Elanga is the solution here. This man has clearly thought his post through. Let him have it.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Ronaldo being both overrated and underated here at the same time. Imo Bruno is better, but Ronaldo is still our second best player, and would have worked fine in a functional PL team. Its hard to shine in United this season with all the mess.

Last edited:

KeanoMagicHat

That guy just supports everything Ronaldo does, don't think he watches United games.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
He’s 37 years old for ffs, he should be used sparingly and as an impact player. He hasn’t got it in him to lead the line anymore for a team that’s struggling, goes back to the same issue of poor planning and no thought process.

United in sin

No no stop it.

Clearly fecking Elanga is the solution here. This man has clearly thought his post through. Let him have it.
I bank on the future, not the past. Ronaldo is passed it and I hope he moves on to another club for the good of United.
This isn't Ronaldo F.C. You seem like a sensible and knowledgeable poster but your emotional attachment to Ronaldo is getting the best of you in my opinion.

Consider what led to Ronaldo's departure from Juventus despite being their best forward during his time there

Joel Miller

That guy just supports everything Ronaldo does, don't think he watches United games.
I know mate I’ve been reading the forum long enough to know he’s one of a few who’s life seems to revolve around Ronaldo and bigging him up on Internet forums, even when he’s been rotten.

He was a once fantastic player, that’s no longer the case. There’s a reason Juve and their fans were quite alright with seeing the back of him. Fernandes is the best player at the club but curiously seems to suffer for playing with Ronaldo both at club and international level. And for all the “he’d score loads of goals at City” chat - I’m willing to bet he wouldn’t even play nearly as often at City.

RedCurry

I just hope next season he can be some other team’s best player and we can get ourselves some sort of a functional CF.

copen1945

I sincerely hope you would get to discover him as such, as soon as possible. Next season wouldn't be soon enough. United need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.