Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
We are carrying him. Needs to be dropped as it’s killing our overall game. We are also shit at set pieces and crosses so his worth in and around the 6-18 yard box (where he could be decent) is not going to happen anyway

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think he's finished in the sense of being an all round player. He's just a poacher now but the style we implement needs more than that.

Mickson

Oh, I still remember how people here called me 'a troll', 'brainless', 'stupid', for saying that signing Ronaldo was a mistake and that he doesn't fit the team. How the times are changing. Awful footballer 2022, not even sure he is a good goalscorer anymore.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Today was a perfect example of how he just cannot be the main main for a top side anymore.

The 2 strikers for Southampton were constant threats, always running and always working. The ball stuck with them and helped them build.

Ronaldo just does nothing. He gets on the end of the odd pass but you can't even rely on him to finish anymore. It's sad to see.

We really are in trouble again aren't we? We've been suckered into another expensive deal that we're stuck with.

Woodenlung

Rangnick already knows Ronaldo needs replacing. He spoke just yesterday about looking at young strikers in the summer. We're in a bad situation right now. He's too big a name to completely jettison from the side, but he's struggling so much that he needs dropping.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We played with 10 men for 90 mins because ronaldo was nonexistent.

Cant hold the ball or run with it and someone has nicked his scoring boots aswell.

PSV

Can't play sole CF. Never did across his career, not going to learn it at 37.

sukhy

He was never the GOAT, let's be serious. How can the greatest player of all time have an awful first touch?

Ludens the Red

He has been poor, but I think we need to move on from Cavani and Ronaldo, if we were out of the CL I would be happy if they didn't start a game for the rest of the season, have to try and build something. Rashford's game is the pits right now but I am not ready to write him off, and the RW is not his role.
My biggest worry isn’t even him being ineffective on the right. It’s his lack of effort, he doesn’t track back, he doesn’t press. That Southampton goal started with hi leaving their left back acres.
He’s playing like someone who doesn’t give a feck. I don’t see him moaning, fighting, arguing. He just sulks.

justboy68

I think the stress of playing in this side has aged him 10 years! Doesn't look a fraction of the player he was at the start of the season. Sad to see, but best for everyone if he moves on to an easier environment.

DavelinaJolie

I really didn't think Martial had a future of the club, but right now, yeah the team misses him because Ronaldo and Cavani are not it.

jem

Oh, I still remember how people here called me 'a troll', 'brainless', 'stupid', for saying that signing Ronaldo was a mistake and that he doesn't fit the team. How the times are changing. Awful footballer 2022, not even sure he is a good goalscorer anymore.
Stop making it about you.

Idxomer

I’m not going to be stupid enough to join the Finished FC bandwagon, because I’ve listened to Zlatan be slandered with that for about 8 years and keeping proving people wrong.

Right now Ronaldo is in horrific form though and United have completely ballsed up their squad management to not have any sort of good alternative, who wouldn’t just leave a big gap elsewhere.
The difference is he already has played about 3 years worth of minutes more than Ibra at 40 without ever taking a break.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Just in a bad vein of form, will come good :). People have often called him finished before and then he scores a hat-trick in the CL final.

Strelok

We played with 10 men for 90 mins because ronaldo was nonexistent.

Cant hold the ball or run with it and someone has nicked his scoring boots aswell.
How he stayed on the pitch for 90' is completely a myth.

Tbh I'd sub Elanga for Ronaldo and push Rashford forward. If we continue like this there's big chance Southampton will score imo.

BorisManUtd

Should just manage his minutes until the season finishes. Start him against Atletico in CL but only in some games in the league. Not that we have many options in that position though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just in a bad vein of form, will come good :). People have often called him finished before and then he scores a hat-trick in the CL final.
:lol:
Nobody called him finished. People said when he started declining and changing into a poached, but now he's lost the poaching. Now he's actually done. Bad vein of form... The guy is finished. He literally can't do anything useful on the pitch.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I wish he never came back. Sad to see a legend play like this. It's like when Ric Flair came back to wrestling way after his prime.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
:lol:
Nobody called him finished. People said when he started declining and changing into a poached, but now he's lost the poaching. Now he's actually done. Bad vein of form... The guy is finished. He literally can't do anything useful on the pitch.
People are knee jerk and quick to jump the gun :).

BorisManUtd

Impressive first half of the season but he's clearly struggling in 2022 so far. Should start vs Atletico in CL and only some games in the league, manage his minutes and hopefully he improves. Scoring a goal might help for a start.

BlueHaze

He is gassed out. He could do it easy in Italy but the tempo here is too much for him it's dead obvious. When he arrived he was superb, scoring in nearly every game but as the season has progressed he's fallen off a cliff. Even when he gets decent chanes now he just wastes them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People are knee jerk and quick to jump the gun :).
He's 37 and can't control a ball anymore. He hasn't offered anything off the ball defensively for years but his attacking influence outweighed that or at least balanced that. Now? No link up. No hold up. No runs. No dribbling. Ruining the play every time he gets the ball. Can't get shots off.

He's done. He's 37, it was coming, but let's not pretend like he is going to click all of a sudden. He can't cut it in the Premier League any more. Going to cringe so hard when he scores a random tap in or penalty and does his dumb celebration too.

lex talionis

It’s a dip in form. But it’s also true that Ronaldo has to be better managed. He’s just not capable of 90 minutes back to back any longer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
So, what are our options with him?
Next season?
- Play him because of his status at the cost of our results/performances.
- Buy a proper PL level forward and he accepts a back up role.
- Pay him off to go somewhere else like Sanchez.

First one most likely.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sept 1 I wrote

I think we already had Cavani who already offered exactly what we will want from Ronaldo. It’s a mixture of sentimentality and marketing opportunism. I don’t think he’s physical or hardworking enough to trouble the better PL defenders. I also don’t think we are creative enough to make pure chances for him over and over. He’s probably going to cancel Bruno out somewhat. We are a scrappy team and I feel like we needed more fighters instead of technical players or world class players on the way down. i hope I’m wrong.

And I got absolutely slated for it. Herd mentality on here.

Apart from the CL goals he’s been a horrible signing.
It cannot be said he hasn't had good chances tbh.

The Firestarter

I’m not going to be stupid enough to join the Finished FC bandwagon, because I’ve listened to Zlatan be slandered with that for about 8 years and keeping proving people wrong.

Right now Ronaldo is in horrific form though and United have completely ballsed up their squad management to not have any sort of good alternative, who wouldn’t just leave a big gap elsewhere.
Zlatan will be the same in the PL as we saw in his last year. Ronaldo would look better back in Italy as well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Next season?
- Play him because of his status at the cost of our results/performances.
- Buy a proper PL level forward and he accepts a back up role.
- Pay him off to go somewhere else like Sanchez.

First one most likely.
Imagine thinking he will still be here. I'd be astonished if he was. He's done. The PL is too quick for him now at 37.

Lentwood

Sad to see the ball go into him and his only option being to collapse to the floor hoping for a free-kick over and over again. Football is a brutal game, same thing happened to Rooney at 33. One minute you're the strongest, fastest player on the pitch, the next you don't know where you're going to get whacked from next and the minute that happens, your touch and technique goes too because you feel so vulnerable

Status
Not open for further replies.