5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorris

He’s absolutely finished. Needs to be moved on in the summer, even if we have to buy him out of his contract

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We definitely had other issues today but let’s be frank - that was one of the worst centre forward performances I’ve seen in some time. He can’t hold the ball up. He doesn’t run channels. He doesn’t link play. He can’t dribble. He loses any physical dual. He very rarely presses as others move around him. And to top it off he’s now turned into an abysmal finisher so he can’t hide behind goals. I don’t care how old he is. I don’t care what he did 10 years ago. I care about what he can do today - and yet again for about the 15th game on the trot I’ve looked at the opposition striker and thought he’s better than what we have.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Last 7 games: 0 goals, 0 assists. He’s been just as bad on the eye test too.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s not even the player from the start of the season at the moment, shame.

I know it’s for marketing purposes but when you pay someone 600k per week you would atleast expect world class performances and a huge goal contribution similar to RVP or Haaland

Ludens the Red

He’s not playing well and he’s not taking chances but don’t really see where else we go. All boils down to that shambles of a January window.
Cavani looks even worse than Ronaldo when he plays and unlike Ronaldo he doesn’t even get chances in a game. So yeah we’re stuck like this for the time being.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Game is too fast for him in this league. Really poor choice to come back.

Strelok

He is horrible these days. Like barely premier league level. Playing with 10 men having him on the pitch as he's a huge negative in every single aspect. Literally doesn't provide a single positive, which is rare to see. feck all on the ball, feck all in the box in addition to his usual feck all off the ball.
This is pretty much what I thought when I saw his name in the lineup. You could literally start anyone in his place and it can't be any worse.

Roboc7

Legs have gone, maybe he’d still get goals if surrounded by quality but that’s not happening here for a long time.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He would probably do well in the USA league and also earn loads and boost his profile even more. That should be his destination next.

UnitedFan93

Glazers will see Ronaldo as a success. Brought in to help secure new commercial partnerships. Got 24m a year from the Tezos deal, job done. Absolutely nothing changes at the club until the Glazer family have gone.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
As far as United strikers go that must've been one of the worst performances I've ever seen, everything just broke down the moment he got the ball.

Bobski

He’s not playing well and he’s not taking chances but don’t really see where else we go. All boils down to that shambles of a January window.
Cavani looks even worse than Ronaldo when he plays and unlike Ronaldo he doesn’t even get chances in a game. So yeah we’re stuck like this for the time being.
Rashford up top, Lingard on the right, play an interchangeable front 3.

I think the team needs Lingards energy and pressing.

Gawge

He would probably do well in the USA league and also earn loads and boost his profile even more. That should be his destination next.
It would certainly boost his profile but I don't think he would "do well" given the civil suit against him.

LoneStar

He had a net negative impact today. The nostalgia and stardom has now fully worn off, and he seemed to have declined even compared to the start of the season. Simply can’t holdup, can’t pass well and now can’t seem to score too. Most defenders can now handle him with such ease.

The coach should consider a change in formation. And try to push Bruno upfront or play him as a false 9. Do something. Both of our strikers seem finished at this level.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sept 1 I wrote

I think we already had Cavani who already offered exactly what we will want from Ronaldo. It’s a mixture of sentimentality and marketing opportunism. I don’t think he’s physical or hardworking enough to trouble the better PL defenders. I also don’t think we are creative enough to make pure chances for him over and over. He’s probably going to cancel Bruno out somewhat. We are a scrappy team and I feel like we needed more fighters instead of technical players or world class players on the way down. i hope I’m wrong.

And I got absolutely slated for it. Herd mentality on here.

Apart from the CL goals he’s been a horrible signing.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Will be interesting how people defend that today. In the first half all our attacking players actually looked good but we had no striker.

Another awful game for him, still got 90 minutes. Hope we go with Bruno as a false 9 now, he was our main scorer last year and loves that role without Ronaldo on the pitch. Also means we can push Pogba up so he doesn't need to track back as much where he struggles.

Will that make us amazing all of a sudden? No but it's probably our best bet for now. Ronaldo got more chances than everyone else, at this point I see no reason to just continue playing him.
There isnt a defence really. He was weak in all aspects.

Our issue is we dont have a solid ST replacement. Cavani doesnt seem to be much better right now, and the future of our striker option isnt available, nor likely to ever be. Really hamstrung ourselves here

Devil may care

It's over, sad that it's ended this way but the motivation behind bringing him back was always questionable. Personally I think the effort is there in terms of he's trying but his body isn't up to it in the PL and his ego won't let him be a bench player and conserve himself, he's offering nothing in the build up department, isn't mobile enough now and his touch has deserted him, if he's not scoring then we are basically playing with10 men.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’m not going to be stupid enough to join the Finished FC bandwagon, because I’ve listened to Zlatan be slandered with that for about 8 years and keeping proving people wrong.

Right now Ronaldo is in horrific form though and United have completely ballsed up their squad management to not have any sort of good alternative, who wouldn’t just leave a big gap elsewhere.

Andrew7582

The body can't do what the mind wants to anymore. Should move on at the end of the season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The decision to bring him back was one of the worst we've made since 2013. This season is basically finished for us now but we're writing off next season if we're going into it with him as starting striker.

UnitedFan93

Sept 1 I wrote

I think we already had Cavani who already offered exactly what we will want from Ronaldo. It’s a mixture of sentimentality and marketing opportunism. I don’t think he’s physical or hardworking enough to trouble the better PL defenders. I also don’t think we are creative enough to make pure chances for him over and over. He’s probably going to cancel Bruno out somewhat. We are a scrappy team and I feel like we needed more fighters instead of technical players or world class players on the way down. i hope I’m wrong.

And I got absolutely slated for it. Herd mentality on here.
You were right mate, I've had similar thoughts all season. A stupid last minute signing, which only happened so it stopped City getting him. So fecking pathetic.

Bobski

Rashford ? really? He’s the number one player I’d be looking at dropping from the squad entirely.
He has been poor, but I think we need to move on from Cavani and Ronaldo, if we were out of the CL I would be happy if they didn't start a game for the rest of the season, have to try and build something. Rashford's game is the pits right now but I am not ready to write him off, and the RW is not his role.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's making me feel positive that not making it for the CL will probably lead to him leaving us this summer.

onemufc

Ronaldo in 2022 is a bit like when Vince McMahon managed to convince a 50-something year old post-stroke Bret "The Hitman" Hart to return to WWE. Once you get past the name value, the nostalgia and the initial pop, it's really just an old man that slows everything down and makes for poor television.
The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. Or something

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sad to say he's better off somewhere else and we're better without him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.