Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Whilst I'm open to dropping him who do we drop him for?

Rashford is bang out form
Cavani is permanently injured
Greenwood is virtually not at the club
Bruno IS NOT a false 9

Adamsk7

Think the pace of the premier league has finished him off. Still, I honestly wouldn’t change it, the first couple of months when he was back and banging them in to the sounds of “suuuuuuuuuii” at Old Trafford is the best I’ve felt about Utd since Fergie. What a magnificent career he has had. If he’s happy to stay and be on the bench, we might be able to squeeze a few more magic moments from him in the next 18 months but shouldn’t be a starter for us any more. If Cavani is fit (!), I’d play him, if not then we’ll have to try and play Rashford in to some kind of form.

Can honestly see him leaving for free to Sporting in the summer though

CM

He can't keep doing this. Rangnick shouldn't have let him see that game out.

DaGOAT

Looks finished.

Yeah, he’ll score goals still at some point. And people will claim he is the same (“just a slump to start the new year”).

But no consistent impact like he used to. No sharp dribbling, passing meh (not creative enough; no key passes) etc.

Sad to see his decline.

Seanus

He should retire NOW! That was an embarrassment of a performance. Leave now, another 3 months of that level and his reputation is shot to bits

KeanoMagicHat

Let's take the nostalgy aside he's just a whining useless brat, if not for some of his goals from pens, his stats and generally move to us would be considered pretty shocking, on par with Lukaku level shambles.

Every attack he pretty much fecks up, occassional deft touch make you believe there's something but it doesn't makeup for his lack of effort and absolutely horrific finishing
Probably a bit harsh on Lukaku that, Lukaku was much better for us in his first season.

AndySmith1990

Half a million a week for this guy. We're the grand masters at wasting money on mediocre players

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whilst I'm open to dropping him who do we drop him for?

Rashford is bang out form
Cavani is permanently injured
Greenwood is virtually not at the club
Bruno IS NOT a false 9
Out of Form Rashford would still be better. Could also put Elanga up there.

the_cliff

7 Non Penalty Goals in the league, despite taking the 2nd most shots in the league. Offside the most in the league and on 500k a week and is giving interviews that if a club that can win things comes calling he wants to go.

And still majority of our fans have their lips firmly placed against his butt.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
That line of argument is great since his sole responsibility is to wait for tap ins apparently. He was sharp for the opening 30 minutes today. But he simply doesn't do enough as an all round player for 90 minutes. In the second he was just a penalty box poacher doing nothing and we don't need this from a starter.
Get him off your wage bill, use the money for someone like chiesa or even a crappy finisher like morata would add more value to you team. Hell just get ibra, at least he can still hold up the ball at his age

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's done. I hope we can get him to leave and he prefers Portugal to making bank. Maybe PSG are dumb enough to pay us a fee.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Let's hope someone from MLS will save us, along with his ego to "win" more things and move on a step below. His level is Sporting right now and that's not even exaggeration should go back where he could still do it, not stink the place like here.

flameinthesun

Have to always preface this as the Ronaldo fan club always jump to his defence. Yes he is a legend! But he is so far off the standard for what a top 4 team should have playing up top:
- he can not run anymore, neither behind or past a player
- he hasn't and has never had the strength to play with his back to goal
- he is not a creative player as a striker
- he can not press and lead a line
- he is still a decent finisher but he is not the legendary finisher that he used to be

He should not be here next season. With regards to this season I would give elanga a go up top. Hes played there before, has the pace, presses and is good in the air.

It was sad watching Ronaldo today, the game at the top level has clearly gone by him. He'll still score the odd goal before he leaves, but he'll end up killing more attacks than finishing them.

Gordon S

Why o why do we need to play him 90 minutes every game?? So frustrating.
We are not drowning in top quality options but i`m sure Pogba or Bruno can move up the pitch and play as false 9s? Or go down the Elanga road and give Garnacho a chance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Getting angry why a 37 year old isn't carrying us is foolish. He's more or less done at this level but why are we relying on him in the first place?

Apart from playing Bruno as a false 9 there really isn't another option.
Awful planning. Cavani has a tummy ache so we won’t see him again until about April, and by the time Rangnick got here Martial already had his foot out the door. Greenwood being a you know was all of a sudden, and with the beauty of hindsight it’s just a massive shame we didn’t pursue that Alvarez chap and bring him straight in

Superunknown

This is the problem when you sign a 'brand' rather than just a footballer. The fact that we can't even sub him without it causing drama is also laughable. He was brought into this club to score goals and to make a difference in games like this. With the chances and opportunities he had today, he should have scored at least 1. It was very poor and he has to be criticised for that. Sometimes his body language can also be negative, the way he shakes his head all the time or is furious when the ball doesn't come his way. This isn't the 'Ronaldo Show', this is Man Utd.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was absolutely awful sadly and just doesn't have the acceleration of yester-years.

KeanoMagicHat

7 Non Penalty Goals in the league, despite taking the 2nd most shots in the league. Offside the most in the league and on 500k a week and is giving interviews that if a club that can win things comes calling he wants to go.

And still majority of our fans have their lips firmly placed against his butt.
Tantrums when he gets subbed. Interventions to get the team to play through him. Leaks to the press too. Oh and he should be captain. Great guy altogether.

jm99

We win without him today.

Actively cost us the game
I mean he was the only player to put the ball in the net and was just slightly offside, put on a good chance for Bruno and should have a penalty given that wasn't so it wasn't all bad but I mean I do agree he needs to be rested more often.

But genuinely who do we put up front? Martial is at Sevilla, greenwood isn't coming back, rashford is much worse than Ronaldo at the moment, cavani is available for one out of every 4 or 5 games it seems.

He shouldn't be playing 90 mins 3 times in the space of a week, it's no surprise his second half was much worse than the first because we are running him into the ground, seemingly because there's no alternative

Bruno up front? Elanga? I don't know if either of them would excel as lone striker

Volksie316

Ronaldo is finished at the top level.

Everything he is doing, is not working and all he actually does is moan and moan and moan some more.

We wont be finishing in the Top 4 anyway, so we can both move on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And to think that we didn't give Zlatan another chance when he returned from injury...:houllier::(

At 40, Zlatan still does what Ronaldo can't do anymore.
Zlatan has the same flaws; he’s actually far more injury prone, but in his case he actually sits out matches. Ronaldo pulls a strop when he’s subbed off any time. Good luck benching him!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He looked pretty sharp early in the game. Did well for the chance that hit the post, great first touch, unlucky with the finish. And unlucky with the offside goal, it was close. It just got worse and worse after that. In the last half an hour the ball was just bouncing off him.

He's obviously on the decline, and we knew that when we bought him, but I'd be loathe to say he's completely finished. We're definitely over-playing him, but annoyingly Cavani is never fit, Martial's gone, and Greenwood probably won't play for us again, so I guess we have to.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Told ye he’d be shite in the physical league. Our team don’t play to his diminishing strengths. 500k a week and more often than not makes the team worse, one dimensional, overly easy to neutralise. You want to splash out on old used up Ronaldo for a greatest hits tour? At least go for him when he’s leaving Real. Not when a second rate Juve can’t wait to be rid of him. Take the fecking hint. We never learn. Club is caught somewhere between its Disneyland nightmare and trying to be a serious team.

Absolutely terrible transfer. CL qualification is just staving off the inevitable. We need fresh ideas not a stupid blind faith marketing driven rehash

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sooner or later we need to sign a younger forward. Ighalo (loan) , Cavani, Ronaldo, lets get it right next time shall we.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Its rangnicks fault he couldn't score today.

The poor boi isn't being coached to put away open goals and sitters and he's being wasted by doing all that pressing and german shit.

/s

Conor

It's crystal clear that we need to sign a good, young striker in the summer. It has to be top priority, along with a DM.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Its rangnicks fault he couldn't score today.

The poor boi isn't being coached to put away open goals and sitters and he's being wasted by doing all that pressing and german shit.

/s
I know its sarcasm, but was this made in reference to Sonya or his Portugese fanbois?

Status
Not open for further replies.