Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
None taken. Fans from New York spend money on the club too and without fans like myself the club wouldn’t be the global giant it is today.

Its not a holier than thou attitude. But it is infuriating to see fans slate a ManUtd player who has been doing well for the club just because of personal bias. Imagine hating a United player who was top scorer last year? Its embarrassing.
With fans like ours who needs enemies? :lol:

Mmm-Qatarian

For personal reasons I must confess I'm not a huge fan of Ronaldo. From a footballing perspective, though, he should definitely have been our player of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he signs for three more years just to piss off the muppets in here. Ronaldo was the least of our problems last season and still getting slandered. The guy could do bits in a ten Hag setup.
Won't be surprised if he signs extension, hopefully he will score shit loads of goals.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
None taken. Fans from New York spend money on the club too and without fans like myself the club wouldn’t be the global giant it is today.

Its not a holier than thou attitude. But it is infuriating to see fans slate a ManUtd player who has been doing well for the club just because of personal bias. Imagine hating a United player who was top scorer last year? Its embarrassing.
It's disgraceful to be honest. No wonder so many oppo fans label United fans as entitled. Some of them really are. I'm gobsmacked but really happy that Ronaldo is still up for the fight and committed to United. Some fans really don't deserve him. I've been embarrassed to see him in that United shirt for most of last season amongst all that dross.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

How anybody can slander this guy is beyond me. Even if it's just for one or two years, I would just give the fecker the armband and be done with it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's disgraceful to be honest. No wonder so many oppo fans label United fans as entitled. Some of them really are. I'm gobsmacked but really happy that Ronaldo is still up for the fight and committed to United. Some fans really don't deserve him. I've been embarrassed to see him in that United shirt for most of last season amongst all that dross.
It's a weird idiocy amongst some of our fans that one one hand we have an utter stockpiled set of mediocrity, but still have one of the best strikers even at 37.
Yet some think having this superb striker is somehow killing our overall "style", even though we've barely had one bar sitting back and knocking it to sprinters for ages.

Mickson

It really is. People have a hard on for hating Ronaldo. Most odd.
I understand that you're thinking people have a hard-on for that, but it's bizarre to say it's 'most odd'. With Ronaldo's history in mind, it's not odd at all but I accept that everyone has their own opinion on him.

USREDEVIL

Make Ronaldo the captain already ffs. He spoke some nice and positive words and so far very few players have come out saying nice things about the new manager (de gea i think). Nobody has higher standards and he's a serial champion. He can be a bit petulant but to have Maguire the captain when he cannot even hold his spot in the starting 11, seems hesitant to take any criticism, and never won much of anything is crazy. I'm no Ronaldo fan boy either.

Caesar2290

Make Ronaldo the captain already ffs. He spoke some nice and positive words and so far very few players have come out saying nice things about the new manager (de gea i think). Nobody has higher standards and he's a serial champion. He can be a bit petulant but to have Maguire the captain when he cannot even hold his spot in the starting 11, seems hesitant to take any criticism, and never won much of anything is crazy. I'm no Ronaldo fan boy either.
Agreed, since he is most likely leaving in 1 year I think the strife will be minimal in the dressing room anyway. That, and he is Ronalod, one of the GOATs. I don't think a lot of players would object to that. Then make Bruno/De Gea/Maguire vice-captain depending on who is playing.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well he seems to be staying,would love it if we win stuff with him around.

Now we could rest him properly as well seeing that he probably wouldn't play(and I imagine wouldn't like it either) in europa league at least till the knockout rounds (assuming we get a top club in there) so his focus can be on the league.
Would help if we could get an attacking player that he could play off of, ro Bring the best out of him, could be an important asset for us next season.

USREDEVIL

Now we could rest him properly as well seeing that he probably wouldn't play(and I imagine wouldn't like it either) in europa league at least till the knockout rounds (assuming we get a top club in there) so his focus can be on the league.
Would help if we could get an attacking player that he could play off of, ro Bring the best out of him, could be an important asset for us next season.
Maybe get D Nunez and yeah use Ronaldo sparingly in the Europa and Carabao cups.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe get D Nunez and yeah use Ronaldo sparingly in the Europa and Carabao cups.
The thing is going by cafe resident scouts he isn't really good at hold up play (I haven't watched enough of him to judge that to be honest) and that's a must if he is going to complement ronnie.

Tavern in the town

The thing is going by cafe resident scouts he isn't really good at hold up play (I haven't watched enough of him to judge that to be honest) and that's a must if he is going to complement ronnie.
We don’t need our new striker to complement Ronaldo. He’ll be gone in a year anyway.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Ronaldo is not as dumb as people think. He wouldn't want to start every game either at this age. For his legacy as well, it is best he plays the role of a veteran not our main week in week out striker.

We have the ideal setup for a young hungry striker who can use Ronaldos last year or two to adjust to the premier league and then really take of

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We don’t need our new striker to complement Ronaldo. He’ll be gone in a year anyway.
Well it wouldn't hurt if it did either, getting someone in the mold of the great karim Benzema would serve us well for so many years.
Ronaldo is not as dumb as people think. He wouldn't want to start every game either at this age. For his legacy as well, it is best he plays the role of a veteran not our main week in week out striker.

We have the ideal setup for a young hungry striker who can use Ronaldos last year or two to adjust to the premier league and then really take of
He can be prideful at times which is given, hopefully he shifts to a zlatan role but to be honest I think he could give us a 20 goal + season if given the adequate support, he could be a very very potent asset for us.

We definitely need a long term striker , just not sure if this Nunez guy is that.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Well it wouldn't hurt if it did either, getting someone in the mold of the great karim Benzema would serve us well for so many years.

He can be prideful at times which is given, hopefully he shifts to a zlatan role but to be honest I think he could give us a 20 goal + season if given the adequate support, he could be a very very potent asset for us.

We definitely need a long term striker , just not sure if this Nunez guy is that.
He can be, but with how his hip flexors are he will know playing every week is not going to be good for his pride.

Posh Red

Wouldn’t be the first time this has happened

Irwin99

Deserved win I think. His form dropped drastically mid season when he was very poor but the Champions League group stage heroics, the performance against Arsenal, the hatricks against Spurs and Norwich and the lack of any other contender except De Gea sealed it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Deserved win I think. His form dropped drastically mid season when he was very poor but the Champions League group stage heroics, the performance against Arsenal, the hatricks against Spurs and Norwich and the lack of any other contender except De Gea sealed it.
Could have been due to partner's pregnancy/childbirth/child illness etc.? Not sure about the timings.

redcucumber

I mean, I'd love to see all this toxic hate he's supposedly getting. People keep banging on about it but I'm not seeing much of it anywhere? I might not have been looking hard enough to be fair! I'd be interested to see a load of quotes, though, seeing as it's apparently really prevalent.

And to be honest, fans slate the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Rooney etc. much worse than they do Ronaldo and they all contributed and gave far more to the club than Cris has done.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I mean, I'd love to see all this toxic hate he's supposedly getting. People keep banging on about it but I'm not seeing much of it anywhere? I might not have been looking hard enough to be fair! I'd be interested to see a load of quotes, though, seeing as it's apparently really prevalent.

And to be honest, fans slate the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Rooney etc. much worse than they do Ronaldo and they all contributed and gave far more to the club than Cris has done.
"Ronaldo is the problem" was a common narrative in the media (and parroted around here), after Ole turned to shit. It quieted after he single handedly carried us through the champions league, then it came back because of his supposed inability to play Ralf's game, then he quieted the haters again with 2 hatricks.

Feel free to look up the appropriate threadmarks. You're not seeing the toxic hate right now, but Ronaldo has effectively silenced the toxic haters.

Marwood

I didn't believe one player could be blamed for an entires teams problems. Who'd do that right?

A few characters in the Pogba and Rashford threads tried to suggest it was happening to them. It wasn't though. Just big fans of those players being overly sensitive.

But in this thread Ronaldo was genuinely held responsible for our struggles by a few. They calmed down a bit as the season came to a close.

redcucumber

I didn't believe one player could be blamed for an entires teams problems. Who'd do that right?

A few characters in the Pogba and Rashford threads tried to suggest it was happening to them. It wasn't though. Just big fans of those players being overly sensitive.

But in this thread Ronaldo was genuinely held responsible for our struggles by a few. They calmed down a bit as the season came to a close.
As you said yourself, some people will try and pin all of the team's failings on one player. That has been the case with De Gea, Ronaldo, Pogba, Maguire, Rashford etc. It's nothing new and the toxicity directed at Pogba, Maguire, and Rashford (over the course of their careers, not just this season) in particular has been far worse than anything Ronaldo has received from what I've observed. Regardless, it has happened to basically every player in the post Fergie era so Ronaldo absolutely isn't alone in that.

"Ronaldo is the problem" was a common narrative in the media (and parroted around here), after Ole turned to shit. It quieted after he single handedly carried us through the champions league, then it came back because of his supposed inability to play Ralf's game, then he quieted the haters again with 2 hatricks.

Feel free to look up the appropriate threadmarks. You're not seeing the toxic hate right now, but Ronaldo has effectively silenced the toxic haters.
I just jumped to a few different thread marks, one of which was the nil nil with Watford in which Ronaldo had a markedly bad game. People are saying he's finished, that they want him to leave in the summer etc. Then I went to the United 3 - Spurs 2 game, and people are saying how he's a 40 goal season player and the team is holding him back, one that went "clueless haters can go feck themselves". Then I went to the drab, 1 nil defeat against Everton and it pivots as to be expected but it's not exactly toxic. "Not the problem (no single player is). But also not the solution. Rooney was right." was one of the comments. (I purposefully ignored the extreme comments from BOTH sides as they weren't really representative)

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. I know people are protective of Messi and Ronaldo so are perhaps hyper-aware of the shit he gets (when he does get it) so it seems worse than it actually is? I dunno. I'm not really getting what the big fuss is about Ronaldo and his 'haters'.

Marwood

As you said yourself, some people will try and pin all of the team's failings on one player. That has been the case with De Gea, Ronaldo, Pogba, Maguire, Rashford etc. It's nothing new and the toxicity directed at Pogba, Maguire, and Rashford (over the course of their careers, not just this season) in particular has been far worse than anything Ronaldo has received from what I've observed. Regardless, it has happened to basically every player in the post Fergie era so Ronaldo absolutely isn't alone in that.
It hasn't though.

I've never seen one player blamed for the entire teams performance. Until Ronaldo returned.

Marwood

Seriously? Maguire in particular absolutely has been.
Yeah I've seen Maguire massively slated. Constantly criticised. But never singlehandedly blamed for league position etc.

But even if he was, it's a totally different level of ridiculousness to blame Ronaldo.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Are we sure he’s 37?

Looking real 30ish right now !

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It must really suck being a Ronaldo hater :lol:

every time you start to think he’s done….bang 2 more goals and a brilliant performance

Status
Not open for further replies.