5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
My stance on Ronaldo didnt change but i find it really weird to pin all shit on him, acting like we played Godlike football without him in last 3 years. Are people that desperate to wash Ole from good portion of blame so they turn on Ronaldo? So weird.
The answer is yes.

Irwin99

It amazes me how he can have a poor individual game and still keep his confidence that he will score if given the chance. Another masterclass
I actually didn't think he played that badly before the goal and was trying to press but it was completely uncoordinated with the other forwards who seemed to do it on and off. I could see him pressing and then waving at the others to follow his example, which they often weren't.

Ridiculous how much he's carried us through to the group stages but then this is his competition. You can't expect him to play in the Europa League, it'd be a crime ;)

shamans

We are rebuilding, it was overdue… mostly, our players are learning to make things happen again, instead of waiting for their saviour. That’s the main problem Allegri inherited: too many passive passengers. He is steadying our ship, though, and the trend is upwards, working and thinking as a cohesive unit again.

However, Utd situation is vastly different: the squad is good enough, and still lively in terms of individual contributors… on the contrary, the manager was inadequate. Let’s see if a better manager can sort you out sooner than later.
Sorry, but how is the rebuild going? It's good Ronaldo is not there or you would have blamed this loss on him as well.

Lewnited

We are rebuilding, it was overdue… mostly, our players are learning to make things happen again, instead of waiting for their saviour. That’s the main problem Allegri inherited: too many passive passengers. He is steadying our ship, though, and the trend is upwards, working and thinking as a cohesive unit again.

However, Utd situation is vastly different: the squad is good enough, and still lively in terms of individual contributors… on the contrary, the manager was inadequate. Let’s see if a better manager can sort you out sooner than later.
Rebuild seems to be going great

SonyaCross493

Mr. Champions League striking on the biggest of occasions and the most important game of the season so far again!

that's why he's the GOAT. Such a clutch player the best ever. We would've drawn that game or lost without Ronaldo been so clinical.. seriously the guy must have ice in his veins!

without Ronaldo and his goals we would be bottom of the Champions League struggling to qualify for even the Europa League. And much further away in the league.

like Maguire said after the game.. if the team keeps a clean sheet you know Ronaldo can win you the game. The problem is we haven't provided Ronaldo that platform enough this season. As soon as we get a proper manager in you'd hope they'd make United solid and more defensively stable to give the likes of Ronny the opportunity to win the game. If we keep a clean sheet against Watford we win that game 1-0 for example.

what's more impressive with Ronaldo's amazing goal record for United this season is that he isn't playing in City's team where they create chance after chance.. he's living off scraps and it's only because he's so clinical that he's taken them. If Villarreal had Ronaldo in the team today they would've won.. they had chances but looked so toothless and lashing at the ball.

Viva Ronaldoooooo! You always have a chance with Ronny in the team and United can win the CL with the players they have.. Varene and Pogba still to come back too! Last 16 if we get an easy draw with someone like Juve and get to the quarter finals anything can happen with a new manager and momentum! Atleast United fans have something to look forward to next year now! The season is still alive!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How can Mr Champions League play Europa?
They will name something after him in this competitions.

He is by far the greatest CL player ever and it is not even close.

Lam

If not for Ronaldo, Ole will still have his job. With Ronaldo coming in, I think everyone raised their expectations out of the team -

from top 4 challenger to title challenger

win Europa and not bother about CL to QF in CL

Blame everyone from the owner, fans who boo, refs, lingard, martial, pogba and his agent, instead of the Manager who was trying his best despite the modern evils of football

I feel Ronaldos biggest contribution is not his goals and actually changing expectations and getting the owners also to accept that being 4-5 points behind Top4 is not good enough and requires a change at the top!

NewYorkRed

If not for Ronaldo, Ole will still have his job. With Ronaldo coming in, I think everyone raised their expectations out of the team -

Blame everyone from the owner, fans who boo, refs, lingard, martial, pogba and his agent, instead of the Manager who was trying his best despite the modern evils of football

I feel Ronaldos biggest contribution is not his goals and actually changing expectations and getting the owners also to accept that being 4-5 points behind Top4 is not good enough and requires a change at the top!
You think Ole would have had his job if we got humiliated by pool, city and watford had we not had Ronaldo? Come on good sir, you’re better than that.

Also if I hear this “Ronaldo’s the problem” one more time i swear. Drives me nuts. Teams can be good even without a striker who doesn’t press like a maniac, you know. Pep, who loves for his strikers to press, actually won more with Aguero, who in his later years couldn’t press as much. Everyone’s argument was “they have Jesus, he presses, he will fit Pep’s system more”. In the end Pep played Aguero over Jesus, you know why? Goals fit in every manager’s system- they’re the most important part of any !

If the rest of the team plays well, Ronaldo still easily has the ability to take us over the hump when it counts. The whole team has been sh*t this season, Ronaldo and DDG are the exceptions.

Foxbatt

You think Ole would have had his job if we got humiliated by pool, city and watford had we not had Ronaldo? Come on good sir, you’re better than that.

Also if I hear this “Ronaldo’s the problem” one more time i swear. Drives me nuts. Teams can be good even without a striker who doesn’t press like a maniac, you know. Pep, who loves for his strikers to press, actually won more with Aguero, who in his later years couldn’t press as much. Everyone’s argument was “they have Jesus, he presses, he will fit Pep’s system more”. In the end Pep played Aguero over Jesus, you know why? Goals fit in every manager’s system- they’re the most important part of any !

If the rest of the team plays well, Ronaldo still easily has the ability to take us over the hump when it counts. The whole team has been sh*t this season, Ronaldo and DDG are the exceptions.
Pep should be crucified for playing Aguero over Jesus.

Denis79

My stance on Ronaldo didnt change but i find it really weird to pin all shit on him, acting like we played Godlike football without him in last 3 years. Are people that desperate to wash Ole from good portion of blame so they turn on Ronaldo? So weird.
I've almost seen every possible excuse why it didn't go well for Ole except that he simply wasn"t good enough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Very true.

Actually, as ridiculous as it sounds, this is probably the first time ever in football history, that forward player/top goalscorer of the team, is being blamed for the team’s leaky defence. You really can’t make that up yourself.

SonyaCross493

Does Zlatan at 40-years old press for AC Milan probably the biggest club in Italy? No

does Lewandowski press for Bayern the biggest club in Germany? No

do AC Milan and Bayern have better managers, better coached teams and a better shape than United to compensate for that? Yes and that's the difference they know it's worth it to have players like that in the team has more positives than negatives. United can't keep clean sheets If the defenders kept a clean sheet vs Watford we win that game 1-0 and everyone is saying that's the stuff of champions etc the defensive individual mistakes are nothing to do with Ronaldo it's just defenders like Maguire and Shaw in bad form. But because they are English it's easy for the English media to throw foreign players under the bus to protect them, and sadly some of our fanbase falls for it.

even Maguire said the same after the game. He said we know if we keep clean sheets we have players like Ronaldo who can win us the game but we haven't gave Ronaldo that platform as much as we should. The other players have let Ronaldo down and they know it.

why risk Ronaldo wasting energy (he needs to preserve at his age) on doing donkey work becoming a sicknote like Cavani who's injured all the time so you can't rely on him.. which means you'll lose more games.

Feed the GOAT and he will score. Simple!

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

People seem to forget Pep literally wanted Ronaldo before we signed him. And this place would be even more of a dumpster fire if he was banging in multiple hat tricks for city (which he would be with how much they create)

Devil’s Trident

Oh dear, silent all game and scores with the defender's mistake and all people are going to jump on the bandwagon aren't it?
If any player deserve praise it's the goalkeeper and Sancho, maybe we can add Fred, Bruno there.
You are scared, aren’t you ? As soon as he scored you thought about defending your shite opinions first and foremost rather than celebrating the goal. You have dug a shithole for yourself in whenever Ronaldo scores a goal you would be thinking about how to protect your precious ego and shit viewpoint you admired yourself for. Hoping and praying every single match for Ronaldo to not to score so that your crap theory and bullshit suggestion somehow become relevant. What a place to be in, congrats. Hope it teaches you a lesson in life.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why? I'm happy he scored and glad finally that he had a striker partner when we didn't have the ball in to a 442 (with either Martial, Rashford, VDB or Bruno). I said he would score if he played with a striker partner & both of his best plays came from LF/LW.

This was our main problem under Ole, Ronaldo couldn't play as a lone striker and it led us to getting opened up because no one occupied the CB'S when we didn't have the ball. Having a striker partner occupies 2 CB'S through 2 players in the forward line.

If he has played Martial centre and Ronaldo on the left (or rotating) then this is going to be great start to his management career.
The One time we play Ronaldo with a striker partner (Vs Spurs & Vs Villareal) we also keep a clean sheet & people are looking for new reasons to blame Maguire!

Real Name

Oh dear, silent all game and scores with the defender's mistake and all people are going to jump on the bandwagon aren't it?
If any player deserve praise it's the goalkeeper and Sancho, maybe we can add Fred, Bruno there.
You should really take a rest from the internet. For a day or 2. Cheers.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Very true.

Actually, as ridiculous as it sounds, this is probably the first time ever in football history, that forward player/top goalscorer of the team, is being blamed for the team’s leaky defence. You really can’t make that up yourself.
Apart from Messi at Barcelona.

Giggsyking

Yes blame everyone instead of Ole.

mancan92

Why? I'm happy he scored and glad finally that he had a striker partner when we didn't have the ball in to a 442 (with either Martial, Rashford, VDB or Bruno). I said he would score if he played with a striker partner & both of his best plays came from LF/LW.

This was our main problem under Ole, Ronaldo couldn't play as a lone striker and it led us to getting opened up because no one occupied the CB'S when we didn't have the ball. Having a striker partner occupies 2 CB'S through 2 players in the forward line.

The One time we play Ronaldo with a striker partner (Vs Spurs & Vs Villareal) we also keep a clean sheet & people are looking for new reasons to blame Maguire!
That wasn't our main problem. Our main problem was conceeding the most goals in the league. Ronaldo has nothing to do with that.

Interval

Level

Wait. Did I get this right? You’re arguing that signing a top player (which we all want) raises expectations (as should be warranted) for us to win the league (that we want to).
But instead of saying that the manager that should be able to use his almost complete set of tools a (one CM aside) to do well in the league, you’re arguing that the fault is signing the aforementioned top player

Is this one of those it’s better to have not loved than lost thingies that I’ve misunderstood?

It's nonsense when people say we are a worse team because of him.

You don't set your team up around just anybody, but when you have perhaps the best finisher in the history of the game, the other 9 players need to make sure they're covering his defensive shift and setting him up with chances. It doesn't matter how good the opposition, you should create at least a couple of chances per game. With him, that means at least one goal.

He made us a worse team only because our coaching staff can't do that.

SirAF

Ageist
Yes, he’s a big problem, Manchester United’s number seven.

He’s been a problem for Villarreal twice now, a problem for Atalanta and he’s a huge problem for those who would cast him as the villain of Manchester United’s season and architect of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s downfall. Somehow, amidst what is undoubtedly a crisis for the club, Cristiano Ronaldo’s finishing, his sheer determination to remain relevant on the biggest stage of all, has steered United into the Champions League knock-out stages – and with a game to spare.
- Samuel

FattyFooty

You are scared, aren’t you ? As soon as he scored you thought about defending your shite opinions first and foremost rather than celebrating the goal. You have dug a shithole for yourself in whenever Ronaldo scores a goal you would be thinking about how to protect your precious ego and shit viewpoint you admired yourself for. Hoping and praying every single match for Ronaldo to not to score so that your crap theory and bullshit suggestion somehow become relevant. What a place to be in, congrats. Hope it teaches you a lesson in life.
This is some hard lesson, but i think its spot on.

SoCross

It's nonsense when people say we are a worse team because of him.

You don't set your team up around just anybody, but when you have perhaps the best finisher in the history of the game, the other 9 players need to make sure they're covering his defensive shift and setting him up with chances. It doesn't matter how good the opposition, you should create at least a couple of chances per game. With him, that means at least one goal.

He made us a worse team only because our coaching staff can't do that.
Spot on. I liked Ole but he was a bit out of his depth unfortunately. He may have gotten through this season if not for the diabolical form of Maguire, Shaw, McT though with the likes of Fred & AWB to a lesser extent.

OL29

How on earth have you managed to blame these three players who have played pretty much no part in the recent collapse, yet absolved the most prominent players in the run of poor results?

shamans

That wasn't our main problem. Our main problem was conceeding the most goals in the league. Ronaldo has nothing to do with that.
You forget. In the complicated Norwegian geggenpress system the front line #9 must constantly be running around like Tevez in order for the team to cohesively attack :)

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine actually being able to create some chances for him. He's really getting up there in age though so I hope we sort ourselves sometime this season to get the absolute best out of him.
Agreed, he's scoring half chances and out of nothing. Some have barely even been a half a chance. If we could actually vreate for him too, the number he would get would be scary. Hopefully we sort ourselves out in that manner.

Saddy

He's still a match winner but I would hope Carrick/A.N.O will start managing his time on the pitch after the Chelsea match.

There will be matches when he will be such an asset coming on in the 2nd half and obviously some where he needs to be subbed off after 60 minutes - hopefully he will see this as prolonging his fitness levels and not a "how dare they" stroppy attitude.

Well managed our front-line is still the crown jewels in our squad with Cavani a similar type player and rotation of the other players - this is where Ole burnt out the players in previous seasons but we can maintain a highly effective front-line that could still work well with 1/2 injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.