g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Cristiano Ronaldo image 7

Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

What a weird post to say. You are so desperate for him to leave that you would be happy for us not to get top 4 so he goes? Great fan of the club you are
Not weird at all if you remove your emotion from it. We are going nowhere with him, and another season of him demanding to be our first choice striker will only hurt us more in the long term.

Connoisseur

Supports
Juventus
His decline was already evident last Season at Juve. It became very apparent towards the end of the season with his touch completely abandoning him, he was losing the ball left, right and centre. He still scored goals so those who don't follow Juve assumed that he was still doing great.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Not weird at all if you remove your emotion from it. We are going nowhere with him, and another season of him demanding to be our first choice striker will only hurt us more in the long term.
No, it is weird not to want your club to achieve top 4 when that is pretty much our main goal left. But do keep believing it's a valid opinion of yours to want it, as if we have better forward options right now or that there is a 20+ a season goalscorer waiting to come in but hindered by Ronaldo.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ronaldo has mentally checked out and leaving in the summer anyway so I think talking about Ronaldo as a Manchester United player is now irrelevant.. And I blame Rangnick for not starting him it de-motivated him not making him feel wanted and coming on cold with zero confidence was bound to miss chances he's a terrible impact substitute at the best of times and especially when he's low on confidence and motivation because of not starting. That's on Rangnick. It's Rangnick job to keep his best players motivated. Like how Fergie told the rest of the players to pass to Van Persie. Rangnick doesn't do that with Ronaldo.

under Ole and Carricky he was scoring loads of goals. Since Rangnick came his goal output has gone off the cliff.. that can't be a coincidence and must be down to Rangnick and his tactics not getting the best out of Ronny.

Rangnick and his tactics don't suit CR7. So it's best if Ronaldo leaves in the summer.

Shame it never worked out for whatever reason (poor teammates, coaching, board etc) after all the promise and hope of that Newcastle game.. but often returns never do work. They say never go back.

will always be a club legend for what he's done for the club and his legacy remains intact. Like Ole's was.

thanks for all the good memories and bye

enjoy your retirement GOAT
Not even sure if these are serious posts anymore. Everyone is to be blamed for his poor form and for him "mentally checking out", except Ronaldo of course.

Max_United

Sadly can very well end up epitomising our era of unsuccessfully trying to cling to our successful past.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Ronaldo has mentally checked out and leaving in the summer anyway so I think talking about Ronaldo as a Manchester United player is now irrelevant.. And I blame Rangnick for not starting him it de-motivated him not making him feel wanted and coming on cold with zero confidence was bound to miss chances he's a terrible impact substitute at the best of times and especially when he's low on confidence and motivation because of not starting. That's on Rangnick. It's Rangnick job to keep his best players motivated. Like how Fergie told the rest of the players to pass to Van Persie. Rangnick doesn't do that with Ronaldo.

under Ole and Carricky he was scoring loads of goals. Since Rangnick came his goal output has gone off the cliff.. that can't be a coincidence and must be down to Rangnick and his tactics not getting the best out of Ronny.

Rangnick and his tactics don't suit CR7. So it's best if Ronaldo leaves in the summer.

Shame it never worked out for whatever reason (poor teammates, coaching, board etc) after all the promise and hope of that Newcastle game.. but often returns never do work. They say never go back.

will always be a club legend for what he's done for the club and his legacy remains intact. Like Ole's was.

thanks for all the good memories and bye

enjoy your retirement GOAT
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

afatzp

Whoever still defend Ronaldo, I would assume they did not watch the last 5 full games or more.

Ronaldo offered so little in the buildup , can't dribble one-on-one , can't hold up the balls , lose the pace to convert half-chance into on-target shoots or open chances into goals. These were all under the premise that he did not fully commit to front-end pressing or provide any defensive support. With all the energy he preserved, he could not offer full 90 mins of off-ball movements to seize chances , he often became invisible and exhausted after 70 mins .

He carries one and only job now , which is getting into space and scoring goals , and still he managed to score 0 in last 5 games, one penalty miss included. I don't see any way anyone could defend him anymore. Even his name changed to Welbeck, you would call these terrible performance, not to mention he is the highest paid player in the squad. BTW, Welbeck at Brighton offered much more in the games than Ronaldo, and he surely could score either one of the two header chances that Ronaldo missed today.

Honestly, he should cut all his scheduled interviews, nonsense shows with his girlfriend, underwear commercials , award ceremony, and etc. , just think about how he can offer more in his performance and improve, instead of taking for granted he would be in the starting 11 playing 90mins, or otherwise putting it up on his face .

SATA

Never mind that he's waning or even done at this level but always have a laugh to myself whenever i read posts that said he cares about our fans and the club. He cares only for himself and his records. Apparently didn't applaud the away fans again who made the trip down to Burnley

It was a good few weeks when he arrived but it's all gone now

SonyaCross493

Cristiano Ronaldo throws another strop as Man Utd superstar fires blank vs Burnley in worst goal drought in a DECADE

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ce=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...onaldo-strop-goal-drought-man-united-burnley/

People don't realise footballers are human. And lose confidence. Especially strikers when they are not scoring goals and have headlines like that rammed down their throats about longest goal drought in 10 YEARS!

like I said, this is happening on Rangnick's watch. He was scoring loads for Ole and Carrick. You have to ask why his goal output with Rangnick is non-existent.. but none of the media or armchair football managers will look deeper and look at Rangnicks tactics and if he's tiring Ronaldo out etc so he's too tired to score. Or if he's not playing Ronaldo in the right positions in terms of asking Ronaldo to drop deeper.. like show a heat map under Ole then Rangnick.

like I said in the match day thread..if Rangnick is the manager next season it's bye bye Ronaldo. Which some people might be happy with.

Ronaldo can still score loads of goals. But he needs a manager like Fergie when he told the other players to pass to him like Fergie did to Van Persie and build a team around RONALDO. Rangnick is treating Ronaldo like any other 37 year old player.. hence he feels disrespected by Rangnick.

So it's best for all parties if Ronaldo leaves at the end of the season I think. Ronaldo and his agent can hand-pick a club that will play to his strengths in the final years of his career. And win trophies. United can go another season trophyless with Rangnick (not the right man for this club) potentially as the manager.

Last edited:

Bennie Blanco

Cristiano Ronaldo throws another strop as Man Utd superstar fires blank vs Burnley in worst goal drought in a DECADE

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ce=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...onaldo-strop-goal-drought-man-united-burnley/

People don't realise footballers are human. And lose confidence. Especially strikers when they are not scoring goals and have headlines like that rammed down their throats about longest goal drought in 10 YEARS!

like I said, this is happening on Rangnick's watch. He was scoring loads for Ole and Carrick. You have to ask why his goal output with Rangnick is non-existent.. but none of the media will look deeper and look at Rangnicks tactics and if he's tiring Ronaldo out etc so he's too tired to score.
The man is 37 years old, maybe he should act like it. For a change.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

like I said, this is happening on Rangnick's watch. He was scoring loads for Ole and Carrick. You have to ask why his goal output with Rangnick is non-existent.. but none of the media will look deeper and look at Rangnicks tactics and if he's tiring Ronaldo out etc so he's too tired to score. Or if he's not playing Ronaldo in the right positions in terms of asking Ronaldo to drop deeper.. like show a heat map under Ole then Rangnick.
He had loads of chances in the just the previous game. The guy is 37, he's declining. Carrick benched him as well. So did Ole but got flack for it. Also he has this elite mentality anyway. Look he is a usefull squad option, but we are paying him the wages that you would pay the best player in the world.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t have the stats and nor do I think Ronaldo has been good enough (or Cavani) but their output has seemingly dwindled since Rangnick took over.

AndySmith1990

I don’t have the stats and nor do I think Ronaldo has been good enough (or Cavani) but their output has seemingly dwindled since Rangnick took over.
We've also not been thrashed 5-0 or 4-1 since he took over. I'll take that over building a tactic around Ronaldo

Mac1997

I don't have a problem at all with Ronaldo throwing a hissy fit every game, at least it shows that he still has the drive to succeed, there isn't a lot of our players you can say that about.

Another game and this time he only plays for 20 minutes but still get's dog's abuse from many on here.

Cavani was awful and has been all season yet nobody seems to mention it at all.

Ronaldo looks very frustrated, unhappy and even seems to be lacking a bit in confidence which is so rare for him.

He will likely leave at the end of the season and who can blame him. He has been made a scapegoat for all of our problems.

Every single time we sign a player we seem to ruin them and now we have even managed to do it to the best of all time.

Gehrman

I don't have a problem at all with Ronaldo throwing a hissy fit every game, at least it shows that he still has the drive to succeed, there isn't a lot of our players you can say that about.

Another game and this time he only plays for 20 minutes but still get's dog's abuse from many on here.

Ronaldo looks very frustrated, unhappy and even seems to be lacking a bit in confidence which is so rare for him.

He will likely leave at the end of the season and who can blame him. He has been made a scapegoat for all of our problems.

Every single time we sign a player we seem to ruin them and now we have even managed to do it to the best of all time.
Apart from the whole best of all time argument, he's not that player anymore just like Messi isnt'. All the other players who underperform gets abuse as well. I just get that Ronaldo's personality and wages and stature means he gets more focus.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

like I said, this is happening on Rangnick's watch. He was scoring loads for Ole and Carrick. You have to ask why his goal output with Rangnick is non-existent.. but none of the media or armchair football managers will look deeper and look at Rangnicks tactics and if he's tiring Ronaldo out etc so he's too tired to score. Or if he's not playing Ronaldo in the right positions in terms of asking Ronaldo to drop deeper.. like show a heat map under Ole then Rangnick.

like I said in the match day thread..if Rangnick is the manager next season it's bye bye Ronaldo. Which some people might be happy with.

Ronaldo can still score loads of goals. But he needs a manager like Fergie when he told the other players to pass to him like Fergie did to Van Persie and build a team around RONALDO. Rangnick is treating Ronaldo like any other 37 year old player.. hence he feels disrespected by Rangnick.

So it's best for all parties if Ronaldo leaves at the end of the season I think. Ronaldo and his agent can hand-pick a club that will play to his strengths in the final years of his career. And win trophies. United can go another season trophyless with Rangnick (not the right man for this club) potentially as the manager.
Dude, get a grip. Ronaldo had not called you and will never call you back.

Why is Rangnick to be blamed when Ronaldo missed the penalty against boro or missed 2 great chances this match? Did Rangnick altered Ronaldo’s diet or sleep depraved him? Did Ronaldo himself called you and complain about these?

the_cliff

Well under Ole Ronaldo had 4 non penalty goals in the league in around 900 Minutes, under Ralf so far he has 2 in around 500 minutes. Such a big difference in output.

The stats are skewed due to Ronaldo performing in the UCL. Ralf has just managed one game in the UCL so far and Ronaldo was given a rest as was the majority of our first team.

His (Ronaldo's) stats in the English game (Cup and the league) has been nothing short of dreadful for both managers. Let's not act as if he was tearing the league up under Ole or Carrick.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

It would be best for us if he does leave at the end of the season. We haven't ruined him he's just well past his best at 37.

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo only played 20 minutes when Burnley was happy to defend the draw he came onto the pitch when it was 1-1.

Cavani played 70 minutes and was playing when Burnley was chasing the game leaving spaces when they was 1-0 down

but you'll notice the Ronaldo thread full of criticism while the Cavani thread isn't. Player FC Agendas like Goldbridge said.

Scapegoat even when he's only just a substitute. Everyone knows Ronaldo isn't a great impact substitute you throw him on cold you get that. Some players are terrible substitutes and Ronaldo is one.

You either start Ronaldo or you don't play him at all. He's not an impact substitute.

Will Rangnick learn his lesson against Southampton? Either start Ronaldo or don't use him at all.

Last edited:

mavradal

I reckon he should be limited in the starting lineup only for CL and big matches against the likes of City, Liverpool, Tottenham and West Ham.

Last edited:

Anustart89

Thought we looked worse as an attacking unit when he came on, despite how bad Cavani was.
Like I said in the match thread, we had no control of the game from the moment the second half kicked off but Ronaldo would be blamed for ruining our play. Cavani was completely invisible in the second half too because we couldn’t establish any sort of play in their half and get the ball to our striker.

I’m not saying Ronaldo was good, he wasn’t, but our general play as a team was awful for the 25 minutes that Cavani was on the pitch and for the 20 minutes Ronaldo was. Despite that, he had two good chances from headers that he definitely should’ve done better with, at least getting both of them on target.

Zoo

Stormed down the tunnel again? Please just go asap.

captaincantona

This bullshit Ronny v Cavani in this thread...Pogba v Bruno in the other thread. Slaying our own players to vent fanboy rhetoric.

Neither Cavani nor Ronny were good last night. It happens. Ronny is in a poor run of form and Cavani needs consistent minutes to get up to speed.

Pogba and Bruno worked well in the first half...both fell away when we needed them to control the game second half.

In reality Ronny and Edi are all we have and to keep it fresh and ensure both can make maximum impact, starting one and subbing him for the other early in the second half may be the safest bet for the rest of the season.

He's realising this is not the same club he left and wanted to come back to, and is quite rightly getting frustrated by it. Add that to the frustration that his body no longer does exactly what he tells it to and I fully expect him to leave in the summer.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I know he is in great physical shape, but men in their 40's can get in that shape. You wonder if the effort of maintaining that has now taken its toll. Lose a yard, you don't get to balls you used to. You can lose the instincts that made you the best in the world. He is 37, why would the club think they were signing prime Ronaldo. He was a lethal finisher, he seems to have lost that first touch and his confidence.

captaincantona

He's realising this is not the same club he left and wanted to come back to, and is quite rightly getting frustrated by it. Add that to the frustration that his body no longer does exactly what he tells it to and I fully expect him to leave in the summer.
What a fuking weird perspective...it’s like saying I’m frustrated that I am now old and fat and my wife is now old and ugly...so what? What right have I got to be frustrated that my wife is old and ugly...sure, if I am still ripped and a bit of a silver fox...but I’m not...I’m a fat bastard who has let himself go so how can I point the finger at my wife?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he carries us in the CL I'm fine with it. But I would use him sparingly at least until he gets some mojo back.

Giggs' right foot

It’s so alien to me that that wouldn’t be the most obvious thing in the world. Of course we weren’t the same team he left, and if he thought we were, he’s as thick as they come.

I remember when he signed, that I thought “I sincerely hope you are joining out of love and nostalgia (of course aside from money) because if your ambition is to achieve something major, we’re not the suppliers of that anymore.”

Gehrman

He can't be very bright if he hadn't noticed how we've been post Saf

SATA

We are fecked if we are counting him on the CL. But then his goals got us out of the group and he likes playing against Atletico. We may well survive there till we meet the likes of Bayern or even PSG

Grande

This bullshit Ronny v Cavani in this thread...Pogba v Bruno in the other thread. Slaying our own players to vent fanboy rhetoric.

Neither Cavani nor Ronny were good last night. It happens. Ronny is in a poor run of form and Cavani needs consistent minutes to get up to speed.

Pogba and Bruno worked well in the first half...both fell away when we needed them to control the game second half.

In reality Ronny and Edi are all we have and to keep it fresh and ensure both can make maximum impact, starting one and subbing him for the other early in the second half may be the safest bet for the rest of the season.
Well put. It does seem to me Ronaldo is not the ideal fit for the kind of football Rangnik excels in teaching. The style we played under Solskjær was generally a better fit with his strengths (even if it went tits up three games after he came) and I would guess it’s a tough ask of any 37-year old to learn a new style that doesn’t match well with your profile. Under Solskjær, he’d frequently bail us out, under Rangnik, he has missed many of those chances and looks less confident, and to me more frustrated with himself than with his team mates if I’m guessing.

If he keeps working like he has, though, it will be useful to the club in a difficult transition, and even if it’s not his homecoming dream, he’ll have my respect for it.

It’s so alien to me that that wouldn’t be the most obvious thing in the world. Of course we weren’t the same team he left, and if he thought we were, he’s as thick as they come.

I remember when he signed, that I thought “I sincerely hope you are joining out of love and nostalgia (of course aside from money) because if your ambition is to achieve something major, we’re not the suppliers of that anymore.”
I'd expect he thought we still had the infrastructure and talent to win but we needed a bit of direction to get us back on track, and he could provide it. What he's found is a club in disarray that doesn't have even the same kitman as when he was last here.

Status
Not open for further replies.