Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not sure this would bother De Jong ,or any future moves for that matter, in any way.

Might be a positive coming into a dressing without that overbearing egomaniac, who wants to leave because HE can't see himself being successful in this side.

It was and will always about himself.

Ladron de redcafe

Idk about that, where did the goals come before Ronaldo ? In fact we scored more without Ronaldo the 2 seasons prior with the exact same front line minus Sancho.

Scored more goals and won more games without him.
That same front line as you said were fluid without a primadonna standing around waiting for tap-ins. The result was us finishing 2nd place instead of the disastrous 6th place finish last season once Cristiano came.

HookedOnAPhelan

If we got CL he'd still be here. If Real Madrid had stopped qualifying for CL I'm sure he'd have looked to leave there as well. There's a limit to "love for the club" when you're after a certain level of football and the club can't provide it. Especially if, as he will feel, he's done his part and the other personnel haven't.
Yep, he's out for himself. Which is fair enough. It's the people who have deluded themselves into thinking he loves the club I'm ridiculing.

I thought it was a mistake when we signed him last summer. And I never forgave him for the slavery comment when he left in 2009.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There's no functioning team with Ronaldo in it.
Wait…you mean playing a 38 year old poacher who doesn’t run channels, can’t hold the ball up, has the worst pressing stats in football, doesn’t run in behind and falls over off balance any time the wind touches him isn’t great for the team!?

What about how great he is behind the scenes though? He has such a “top mentality” and is such a great “leader” that he screams ‘why not the youngsters’ whilst sitting down on the bench steps after being taken off against Brentford. He’s so “professional” he fecks off abroad with a fake injury after being told he’s dropped against City. He’s so wonderful for team spirit that he holds senior meetings demanding we play 2 up front without the captain - someone he undermined from minute one causing serious divides in the camp. He’s bringing “Standards” back though isn’t he as he plays a key part in our worst ever PL finish following a 3rd and 2nd place finish.

Get him the feck out. I’m sure we’ll find a way to cover his 17 goals once we return to being an actual team. ETH needs buy-in for his system and the last thing he needs is this egotist manchild throwing his toys out of the pram behind the scenes challenging his authority - it was never going to work. Hopefully the Ronaldo cultists who put him ahead of the club, ignore the stats, the stories from reliable journalists and the fact we were far shitter after he arrived will feck off with him.

Red_toad

I'd be all for this if we sign a top energetic striker, which I can't see
Swap deal for Broja? He’s not the finished article yet, but works his socks off and will improve a lot over the next few years.

kps88

Not surprised but he could have told us straight away at the end of the season if CL football was the main reason. So no Cavani, Ronaldo and Greenwood. Team is looking very short on goals at the moment.

phelans shorts

Honestly what CL club has a chance

Real /PSG / Chelsea would move for him thats it.

And even then I am unsure on the foreign ones. Really hope Chelsea dont make a move, and hope he isnt selfish enough to consider them.
Chelsea want a marquee signing and he is 100000000000% selfish enough. He’s a textbook narcissist after all.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The problem we will have is finding a buyer who is willing to pay the money it would - there are only a few clubs in the world who would be willing to part with the wages necessary. If hed cost to get him does indeed go, you'd think that Chelsea, PSG, Juve and Bayern would be the most likely destinations.
I would think there will already be a deal behind the scenes for his transfer prior to this announcement. The sweet petals' ego would be massively compromised otherwise.

hobbers

If he goes we have to sign a RW and a number 9 on top of FDJ/Eriksen/Malacia/Martinez

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Go for a wildcard young gun I guess and hope for the best. Ronaldo was/is a good player but we can replace him with a better fit for the team not on 500k a week.
Very few can come in and replace his 25 goals.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He has been saying for a while that he’s happy to stay but it depends on United’s activity in the transfer market. Since then we’ve been dicking about and bought no one, while rivals who were already ahead of us have strengthened further. No wonder he’s run out of patience

Rajma

I don’t think there are viable options out there for him given his wages, it would be nice to shift him though.

OleGunnar20

Was nice to see him back, and he gave us some moments of joy in a largely shite season.

Having said that I won't be all that upset to see him go. Hopefully we can rebuild around a youthful core with a good collective attitude and move forward for once, rather than constantly looking back.

TsuWave

It's when and how you leave. He said he felt like a prisoner last time.

Very few leave a club (their PR people say the love) twice.
Come on, clubs ditch players left and right. All the time. We're on the cusp of buying a great player who's being pushed out by their club, and everyone here's giddy. This type of resentment for players when they do what's best for them makes no sense.

Woodzy

Pogba leaving on a free, Ronaldo asking for a trasnsfer, the glory days are back baby!

fps

Yep, he's out for himself. Which is fair enough. It's the people who have deluded themselves into thinking he loves the club I'm ridiculing.

I thought it was a mistake when we signed him last summer. And I never forgave him for the slavery comment when he left in 2009.
I also thought it was a mistake. I reckon Ole, if he could do one thing differently, would have stood up against the clamour and insisted on getting in personnel in his image that he felt the first team needed.

phelans shorts

Swap deal for Broja? He’s not the finished article yet, but works his socks off and will improve a lot over the next few years.
I’d be all for asking the question. If Boehly himself or his people are heading talks we have a chance. However the worry is that somebody with an actual clue they’ll take that immediately off the table.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wait…you mean playing a 38 year old poacher who doesn’t run channels, can’t hold the ball up, has the worst pressing stats in football, doesn’t run in behind and falls over off balance any time the wind touches him isn’t great for the team!?

What about how great he is behind the scenes though? He has such a “top mentality” and is such a great “leader” that he screams ‘why not the youngsters’ whilst sitting down on the bench steps after being taken off against Brentford. He’s so “professional” he fecks off abroad with a fake injury after being told he’s dropped against City. He’s so wonderful for team spirit that he holds senior meetings demanding we play 2 up front without the captain - someone he undermined from minute one causing serious divides in the camp. He’s bringing “Standards” back though isn’t he as he plays a key part in our worst ever PL finish following a 3rd and 2nd place finish.

Get him the feck out. I’m sure we’ll find a way to cover his 17 goals once we return to being an actual team. ETH needs buy-in for his system and the last thing he needs is this egotist manchild throwing his toys out of the pram behind the scenes challenging his authority - it was never going to work. Hopefully the Ronaldo cultists who put him ahead of the club, ignore the stats, the stories from reliable journalists and the fact we were far shitter after he arrived will feck off with him.

This. 100

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Folks saying this is positive...

It's only positive if we have a realistic incoming replacement.

Who is it?

If you look around Europe there's a ridiculous shortage of suitable forwards for us to take.
Nah, just names. Plenty of good strikers. If the team creates chances, a decent striker will score 20 goals.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bit of a disaster this given our current squad. We would be fecked without him right now and have no forwards on the way in.

On the one hand, I don’t blame him for looking to make the most of his remaining years. On the other, don’t rejoin a club where you are idolised and then look to get out after a shit season.

TheRedDevil2019

Quality control
:lol: what a strange post

This is the Ronaldo thread.
Oh, fantastic, so you can read afterall. :O

You'd kinda lost me with all that little boy nonsense.

What a strange guy you are. Now be a good boy and toddle off back to the FDJ thread.

Deery

Dreary
I'm not sure this would bother De Jong ,or any future moves for that matter, in any way.

Might be a positive coming into a dressing without that overbearing egomaniac, who wants to leave because HE can't see himself being successful in this side.

It was and will always about himself.
De Jong has publicly said he’s a fan of Ronaldo called him a top player, doesn’t look good seeing him walk because the club is shit.

Rolaholic

This story is massive and unfortunately just another negative spin on a club that is already circling the drain in many peoples eyes. To be fair though these rumblings were going on a while back also when he apparently was not happy with the clubs transfer activity, and last season when we were still hoping to get top 4.

I could even see it swaying a players decision to join us or not. He is still a massive draw and him following Pogba, another global superstar, out of the door doesn’t exactly scream this is a club going places.

But yeah I will no doubt be shot down for saying such “rubbish” and spun how this is actually a positive…pretty much the Caf norm these days.
Yea there's no amount of spin that turns this into a positive for us, especially given the timing...

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Should be allowed to leave, coming back was a mistake.

He needs to be able to play in the CL, go to PSG or somewhere.

Full respect to him as a player but he should be allowed to leave and do what he likes

MUnchies

He has been saying for a while that he’s happy to stay but it depends on United’s activity in the transfer market. Since then we’ve been dicking about and bought no one, while rivals who were already ahead of us have strengthened further. No wonder he’s run out of patience
Who gives a feck what he wants! Get out of here, I support the club not a freaking 38 year old giving ultimatums. I’m actually glad he’s leaving so we can plan ahead for a better future.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Interms of team harmony and (hopefully) introducing players he's previously worked with, I feel Hag may be quite content in Ronaldo buggering off.

But goals win games and we're sort of fecked in that area outside of Ronaldo.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Same here, the ‘legend’ claim makes me want to puke as he was never a legend here and never will be, it’s actually an insult to the true legends who have graced this majestic club. Spent his prime years playing for a club he always dreamed of playing for, not us, and quite frankly anyone who mentions his name with the L word should be instantly banned (or forced to listen to a Westlife/Boyzone medley on a endless loop till the end of time)
Last post I’m allowed for today won’t be able to reply to any comments calling me all the names under the sun!
Thank god.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Meh. Not too bothered to be honest. Obviously would prefer another year, but might be better for us as a squad if he's not here so we can move on. Definitely need to replace him though.... or it'll just be Martial as starter again!

El Zoido

Let him go to PSG where he can continue to pad his stats and we can finally get the Messi + Ronaldo combo despite both being well past their prime. Just getting his wages off the books would be a huge bonus. I know he was the only one scoring goals for us for most of last season, but if we become an actual proper football team under ETH those goals will come from elsewhere. And we can bring in another striker too.

Affirmation

If it's being reported by Castles then it's probably legit, I'm really not that surprised. The lack of ambition shown by the club, in what is meant to be an important rebuild, will have heavily influenced his decision. Also, his views on Maguire as a presence in the dressing room have been widely publicised, and yet it appears that the club are unwilling to even consider selling him. This has been coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.