Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Hope it happens just for the fanboi’s talking about him raising the standards and how If they was CR7 they’d leave too etc etc.

Revaulx

Apparently has an offer from a team in Saudi Arabia.

According to the published information, Arabia's offer trying to convince the Portuguese international would give Manchester United 30 million euros for the transfer, while waiting for the Portuguese international are 250 million euros in salaries, divided into two seasons: 125 each season. The remaining 20 million would be for intermediation.

No chance that this is happening imo.
Is the bolded bit Mendes’ fee?

That might influence the advice he will be giving his client ;)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Anyone think this is a move to engineer his way back into United?

Turning down the money for his love of United etc. bla bla bla.....

Gandalf

It would involve skipping the CL but he does have his eye on padding his overall scoring record and you have to imagine he would fill his boots out there whilst earning insane money and being treated like an Emperor.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yes please. Would give us enough to bring in Martinez, FdJ (if he agrees), Antony and potentially one more.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Take the money and run Ronnie

That’s just insane salary and we should snap their hand off for €30M. But I can’t see it happening. Messi is only 15 CL goals away from taking the No.1 spot I think. Which also explains why he’s so desperate for more CL football. I’ll doubt he Will stay though.

Dan_F

Surely he’d go back to Lisbon for a year before fully cashing it in.

That’s just insane salary and we should snap their hand off for €30M. But I can’t see it happening. Messi is only 15 CL goals away from taking the No.1 spot I think. Which also explains why he’s so desperate for more CL football.
I honestly think he now cares more about that record than winning any other club trophies.

Rooney24

The Saudis would definitely pay him that when you look at what they are handing over to golfers for LIV.

DutchCruijff

He is 100% NOT off outside of Europe.

He's stuck at United unless a Serie A club - see Milan - comes swooping in for him. That or Bayern have a change of heart.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I honestly think he now cares more about that record than winning any other club trophies.
Yeah, he knows that Messi could easily get atleast 20 CL goals in a star studded PSG team for the next two seasons. Which means that Ronaldo (and his ego) needs to put in a few more to secure that record. Benzema scored 15 in CL last season..
But the question is where should he go? Juve comeback maybe with reduced salaries?

Typical Juve summer transfer window: Pogba, Di Maria on the free and Ronaldo for ~€10M

Mainoldo

When does the season start? He could potentially go out on loan to Sporting to top up his Champs league goals.

EtH

When does the season start? He could potentially go out on loan to Sporting to top up his Champs league goals.
This would be mint. I honestly want him nowhere near the team as he will be a major hindrance to EtH implementing his ideas.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wait so they offer us a measly £25m but offer him that much of a salary? For once we should be able to squeeze more money out of a deal.
Because it's much more difficult getting him to agree to the move than it would be for us. I think we'd happily let him go for £15 million.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fanboys watching the Saudi league will be glorious. Al-Hilal scarves at the ready

Alemar

I think we could try to increase transfer fee by some 10-15 m. If they pay him 250m salary, it should be possible

Chief123

Anyone think this is a move to engineer his way back into United?

Turning down the money for his love of United etc. bla bla bla.....
I’d honestly be happy to see him gone. Yes he scored important goals for us last season and we’d be lightweight in attack but I certainly won’t miss the ego. There were a lot of things I didn’t like about Ronaldo last season such as his constant arm throwing, tantrums and looking down at other players in a disrespectful manner. Yes, the other players haven’t achieved anything like he has but there is still a certain level of respect you pay your teammates. It was the constant body language of “Well I’m doing my job and you guys are all the problem”.

I just don’t think it’s worth the potential baggage and unneccesary pressure it will bring ETH. I bet you most players in the squad would be happy to see him gone and thrive without him.

If we still had greenwood or Cavani available, I don’t think ETH would bat an eyelid at getting rid of him. He would have already been gone. But ETH is aware it would leave us in a mess offensively unless we can get a replacement in right now.

Chief123

Because it's much more difficult getting him to agree to the move than it would be for us. I think we'd happily let him go for £15 million.
Ronaldo would look like such a tool if he accepted this deal though. Especially after reports saying he wants to leave because he’s Mr Champions league. For him then to leave Utd who are everything better than the proposal on the table in every manner except for money would be damning for his “legacy”. I couldn’t care less though. Think he’s already lost the respect from a lot of fans.

Rolaholic

This is the deal we should work out with him. Everyone wins.
Not sure his ego would win there when it would be signalling the end of his career in the upper tier of European football.

It would be a nice story but wouldn't do much for his cherished legacy unless he wins the WC while there

bringbackbebe

Ronaldo would look like such a tool if he accepted this deal though. Especially after reports saying he wants to leave because he’s Mr Champions league. For him then to leave Utd who are everything better than the proposal on the table in every manner except for money would be damning for his “legacy”. I couldn’t care less though. Think he’s already lost the respect from a lot of fans.
Ronaldo started whining around the same time captaincy was decided. He expected to be captain and was obviously disappointed with Maguire continuing. Think ETH knows what he's doing, so if Ronaldo wants to leave to Saudi and we financially benefit from it, why not?

Ladron de redcafe

That’s just insane salary and we should snap their hand off for €30M. But I can’t see it happening. Messi is only 15 CL goals away from taking the No.1 spot I think. Which also explains why he’s so desperate for more CL football. I’ll doubt he Will stay though.
He's desperate to close the Balón d'or gap, and he can't do that without a UCL.

Watching Benzema tie him in UCL wins by leading Madrid without him to the UCL while Ronaldo struggled to compete over the past few years can't have been easy to digest for him, either.

mshnsh

I'm always of the opinion that in any football club, the manager should have the maximum say in the recruitment and in how his team should play. There should be no interference from anyone else although suggestions from his team can be considered.

With that in mind and IF Ronaldo stays, Ten Hag should be fully su
I always found it funny how some viewed this moment as if he was some great leader when he was clearly just trying to make a show of himself because he can't stand not having the limelight on him and he couldn't play the biggest game of his international career.

He is insufferable as a teammate.
Exactly. His gesticulations were meant to steal the limelight.

The same as when he scored the fourth goal, a penalty, in the 4-1 win in the 2014 UCL final and celebrated like he had scored the winner. He was the worst player on the pitch yet his celebration pics were front page and took the away the lime light from his teammates who had won Real Madrid the game.

Also during our UCL win in 2008, instead of celebrating with his teammates, he just lay in the centre circle again to get the spotlight.

He also always tries to score the fifth penalty during penalty shootouts because the fifth penalty is often the decisive one and the fifth penalty taker always grabs the headlines. Other big players take the first penalty to set the pace and calm the nerves.

In the UCL final of 2009, Ronaldo kept taking shots from from improbable distances instead of holding up the ball to bring his teammates into the game again for the headlines.

In general he often has more shots per game than anyone else and tries from impossible angles/improbable distances which explains his relatively poor conversion rate. He hardly ever does the dirty work of closing down or tracking back because no one remembers those guys. The goalscorer gets all the glory.

I could go on ..

This is his narcissistic/selfish attitude.

But it is also what has made him what he is. If his career was based purely on his natural ability, he would have been just another, probably good, winger but early on I'm guessing he realised that the goalscorer always gets the glory.

city-puma

It was actually nice watching a game yesterday with the knowledge of knowing that we wouldn’t see Ronaldo throwing his arms in the air in frustration that someone dared not to what he expected them to do. Further, there is no way the front three would have been as fluid with Ronaldo in the team. I’m not saying we don’t need a new CF, of course we do. I’m simply saying that with Ronaldo in the team we can only set up one way.
The only way I see Ronaldo in a ten Hag team is an impact sub. Ronaldo’s ego is far to great to accept that. He may not like it but age catches up with everybody. The high-press tactics used by ten Hag would not have worked with Ronaldo in the squad.
Personally, I think Ronaldo has realised this and that’s what’s triggered his urge to leave the club, that and his ego unable to accept that he wont be playing in the champions league again should he not leave this season.
Why are you still newbie? Admin, could you promote this guy?

AndySmith1990

If that offer is legit it'll be an interesting decision for him. On one hand he's a narcissist and will see the obscene amount of money as validation that he's the greatest sports person on the planet. On the other hand he's a narcissist and will see that league as beneath him, whereas he'll get more attention in the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.