Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Interesting to hear your opinion on what will matter for a players legacy. In contrast, I used to think Juventus was a great team til they got exposed for match fixing and were relegated. To me, that kind of thing affects the legacy in the game more than narcissism.
You are comparing a team's legacy with a player's legacy which does not make much sense.. It is like accusing all Liverpool fans and Liverpool because of Heysel disaster.. Juve was relegated because of the illegal actions of the football director, it's not like Juve team & management were all part of it.

The good thing about that undesirable experience was that it showed the whole football world what loyalty, character, and leadership mean. Buffon, Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Chiellini all stayed with the club despite many offers showing all of us what true legends look like (unlike Ronaldo who is ready to jump ship when things go sour with zero loyalty but yet frequently uses fake virtue signalling)..

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Considering Bayern are built around servicing Lewandowski (Bayern fans can probably attest to this), they really wouldn’t have to do much restructuring to fit him in. He’d slot right in tbh. The only argument that you can have against him is pressing and Lewandowski’s stats indicates he’s not a pressing monster either.
No. Just fecking no.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I can see Bayern having Ronaldo for a year if Mendes can offer Bayern some of his other players for the 2023/24 season. Bayern would obviously have to be convinced that those players would join for an appropriate fee.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo fanboys will support Liverpool if he played for them.
That is true … I’d immediately register at the Rawk forum. I used to be on the Juve forum before I came here. I was even registered on the City forum in case he went there. I even posted a bit under my same username in both Juve and City forums. Mainly defending Ronaldo’s honor.

talking robot

I think he will stay as I think he’s expensive but perceived as a risk. He will play regularly, but eth will have the authority drop him if he’s underperforming after his error this summer (which weakens his standing).

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
because they added him to the squad for a massive amount of money that had a huge impact on their ability to buy others.
Untrue … Juve spent almost €500 million excluding what they spent on Ronaldo, in the 3 years he was there. They spent poorly.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Twat is not proper no9 anymore. Especially for ETH's system. You expect that he will run, press and shit? We have Martial and we can always buy a striker. We have plenty of time.
We are better team without him and especially now after he did what he did.

Whole my life i read and listen how United is bigger than any player but all of sudden, some fans want to forgive a player who treats this club like dirt. No thanks. He can feck off.
Agreed.

Funny thing is, I'd have a better opinion of him if he'd never came back.

MrEleson

No. Just fecking no.
Well Bayern ARE built around Lewandowski. That’s a fact. The team’s play is oriented to maximise his goalscoring.

But for the other point, I guess there’s no way of me proving it unless Ronaldo actually goes there.

OpenIntrovert

Come on Bayern, do us a favour
You have a better chance asking the club directly to offload him. Send a email to Arnold and Murtough where all of you can include justifications on why he has to leave, especially about how he doesn't fit into ETH's system and the way Ronaldo is using his power to hold down ETH.

If the club rejects your email, no worries. You can always temporarily support another club for this season and after Ronaldo leaves, you can come back to support.

We need an rvn

The thing that is really irking me the most is that nearly 2 weeks ago he refused to turn up because he had a family emergency he was dealing with. Whilst I didn't buy any of it as, like a lot of us, saw the pics on the papers of him lavishing it up on a yacht (nothing wrong with that as he was on hols) a day or two before the emergency came up and he was due back.

Nearly 2 weeks later and he's still no where near Carrington nor on tour and is getting flogged around Europe.

Don't want to see the guy in a red shirt again to be honest as the fans are being taken as mugs

AndySmith1990

Must be some serious family issues they have. While Ronaldo is oiling himself up and taking selfies in the gym his mother is liking photos on Instagram.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I hope he goes to Bayern. Would hate to see him at another PL club but at same time I feel we need to move on and so does he.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Obviously hope it happens, but it's such a weird thing to see.

The last marriage in football you'd ever imagine is Ronaldo and Bayern. It seems to go against nearly every principle they seem to suggest they have.

He's severed his ties here, and it's absolutely imperative for Ten Hag that Ronaldo is gone. This appears to be the best move for business and definitely from a United perspective.

redsunited

No player should be bigger than the club. Last season Pogba, this season Ronaldo. Its better to get them out when you can.

Lee565

Ronaldo has to weigh up what does he cherish more his champions league goal scoring record or highly lucrative wages.

No side playing in the champions league will offer him the wages he currently is on and will have to at least half his current wages.

Irwin99

Honestly, the best thing that has come out of Ronaldo's drama this summer is that our fans finally see him for what he is. A selfish primadonna who has only ever cared about himself. Last year's outraged was shortlived after he finally didn't sign for City but let's hope people see him for what he is this time and not start chanting Viva Ronaldo after the first goal he scores.
I've never understood how anyone can paint a picture that he loves the club and I thought a lot of people knew this and loved him anyway. It's obvious his real affection was for Sir Alex and although I think he much prefers the fan culture of our club to that of Real Madrid, it doesn't stop him wanting to leave and serve his own interest.

Can't help but feel that, unless things get really bad, most of the fans will forgive him yet again.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ronaldo tax evader too and fined for fraud, has a kid from an unknown mom (unknown to the kid), scores a lot against no names esp. in international football etc.

Imho, above are not really the issues that could hurt his legacy (regardless of how major/minor they are). The main issue is Maradona, Messi and Maradona or many other greats are not remembered as narcissists trying to develop a fake image (leadership, loves challenges BS etc.), he's like excessively self absorbed fake influencers on social media 24/7 that pretend to genuinely care about their followers and have amazing personalities always promoting love and peace)
What the hell does the kid part matter?? Wtf that is his personal business which he said he would tell his son when he felt the time is right.

soapythecat

That is true … I’d immediately register at the Rawk forum. I used to be on the Juve forum before I came here. I was even registered on the City forum in case he went there. I even posted a bit under my same username in both Juve and City forums. Mainly defending Ronaldo’s honor.
If this isn’t a wind up, then you need to get a life lad.

Tavern in the town

Please have sex.

AndersB

I still feel bad for being ignored by so many for making a thread about not wanting Ronaldo to sign a year ago.
No way to tell those people though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.