Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavern in the town

Even if he says he is going to stay, you guys will still continue your agenda. Like I have said he might have wanted to leave due to personal issues and it might be resolved now, but the media is over exaggerating it as if he wants to desperately leave the club. Problem is, you guys believe it wholeheartedly.

You must know that the media love to run negative stories about us (not just Ronaldo) due to the huge interest we generate. Unfortunately you guys have forgotten the other stories about the club conveniently and just focused on the ones that aid your cause.
You say “the media” as if it was reported by the Sun. It was on the BBC for feck’s sake.

redcucumber

Even if he says he is going to stay, you guys will still continue your agenda. Like I have said he might have wanted to leave due to personal issues and it might be resolved now, but the media is over exaggerating it as if he wants to desperately leave the club. Problem is, you guys believe it wholeheartedly.

You must know that the media love to run negative stories about us (not just Ronaldo) due to the huge interest we generate. Unfortunately you guys have forgotten the other stories about the club conveniently and just focused on the ones that aid your cause.
:wenger: :lol: bizarre.

OpenIntrovert

You say “the media” as if it was reported by the Sun. It was on the BBC for feck’s sake.
You still don't understand how the media works. Its not about the complete truth, its always about what can drive the demand.

In case you still don't understand, let me simplify. Yes Ronaldo did consider leaving and it may have been due to his personal issues, but the media are making it seem like he is desperately leaving because of CL, money and ego. The problem isn't the leaving portion, the problem is the reason they have chosen to use. And they have run a oscar worthy story on it.

Now the issue here is you guys refuse to believe that it might be due to his personal issues and instead choose to believe the ones that suit your agenda. Furthermore, no evidence on him still wanting to leave. How about we delay the hatred until we get strong confirmation he wants to leave? As for me this will be my last post in this thread, cause there are just too many of you with this agenda.

redcucumber

You still don't understand how the media works. Its not about the complete truth, its always about what can drive the demand.

In case you still don't understand, let me simplify. Yes Ronaldo did consider leaving and it may have been due to his personal issues, but the media are making it seem like he is desperately leaving because of CL, money and ego. The problem isn't the leaving portion, the problem is the reason they have chosen to use. And they have run a oscar worthy story on it.

Now the issue here is you guys refuse to believe that it might be due to his personal issues and instead choose to believe the ones that suit your agenda. Furthermore, no evidence on him still wanting to leave. How about we delay the hatred until we get strong confirmation he wants to leave? As for me this will be my last post in this thread, cause there are just too many of you with this agenda.
What personal issues would make Ronaldo want to join Chelsea and Bayern and leave United?

Tavern in the town

All the most reliable sources including the BBC have reported he wants to leave due to a lack of CL football. Nowhere have any of the reliable sources indicated that he wants to leave due to personal reasons. And why would we need evidence he still wants to leave? As long as it isn’t reliably reported that he’s had a change of heart it’s perfectly rational to think he hasn’t changed his mind.

angak

If Ronaldo can destroy the atmosphere by just being negative, we would have sold him this season right after the transfer window was opened. I am pretty sure ETH would have justified that decision further since such negative characteristics are obvious. Ronaldo will behave professionally if he stays and ETH will also not allow him to override the team. People also said Ole would not be able to drop Ronaldo if Ronaldo comes but he has dropped and substituted him in some of the games.

Its just media flak creating the "Ronaldo Mafia" image. When it became obvious that Ronaldo was not disturbing the team, they started to attack Ole until his sacking. Then they went back to Ronaldo when Rangnick faced difficult results. When Ronaldo started to score goals to shut them up, they started the 1000th dressing room crisis story. Its just how the media works.
Take this to the Bank. Happy to answer any questions on the below.

ETH public position on Ronaldo is that he is a required player. Privately ETH position is that he doesn't fit into his system of proactive, high pressing football. Playing Ronaldo means that when you lose the ball you have to retreat to your own half, due to his lack of pressing, which goes against everything ETH believes in. ETH did have a private conversation with Ronaldo shortly after he took the job and laid down the law. He told him that he wouldn't be playing every game or even a guarantee that he would play every minute of games he played in and that there would be no preferential treatment. So things like flying back to Portugal if he had a hip flexor issue were prohibited. Ronaldo and Mendes took this as a sign that he wasn't in ETH plans and to save face publicly Ronaldo's position is they don't believe the ETH project.

Why didn't the club sell him straight away ? Well you don't just sell Ronaldo. It is a matter of who will take on his wages + a club that Ronaldo would himself find suitable.

mshnsh

How do you know he doesn't want to come back? is there any fact that states he doesn't want to back?
It's a different matter If Ronaldo himself or his agent asked to leave officially, I've seen this kind of rumor about Ronaldo for the last two decades.
Neither him nor his PR team are denying being offered to the likes of Bayern or Chelsea yet the link to Sporting was swiftly shot down.
Oversimplification of Ronaldo’s impact. He influenced a lot of big ties during those years beyond merely “finishing from close range.”

Like the Bayern tie away in 2017 (the one he bagged the two goals at the Allianz). People forget but Bayern were totally dominant for the majority of the 1st half and overran Madrid in the middle of the park until Ronaldo got Martinez 2 bookings and a sending off in the space of 5 minutes through his dribbling and retention of the ball to win fouls. That then gave Madrid the numerical advantage and then ofcourse he scored against the run of play to equalise in between those yellow cards. Then once martinez was sent off it was all Madrid from there. That performance from him was beyond just finishing from close range if you actually analyse the game empirically.
One of the goals was actually offside and the keeper made a complete mess of it.
Exactly! The media always creates rumours around him because Ronaldo has a negative, egoistic image which has been over exaggerated by the media. All Ronaldo has to do is to express his displeasure at a small thing and these guys will say that he is going to leave. Normally if Ronaldo wants to leave, he himself will come out and say it.
Nonsense. This guy loves drama and being centre of attention. Remember "the future only God knows" nonsense he was spouting in 2009?
First of all we have nothing except media articles talking about his moving. No news whatsoever from him, his agent and the club. Even ETH says he only read about him leaving in the media.

Let Ronaldo come and reject/confirm the rumors first. So far we only have the club mentioning he is not for sale which is a standard reply since he is under contract.
He swiftly rejected the article linking him to Sporting but has not done anything to quell other rumours.

Theo88

Take this to the Bank. Happy to answer any questions on the below.

ETH public position on Ronaldo is that he is a required player. Privately ETH position is that he doesn't fit into his system of proactive, high pressing football. Playing Ronaldo means that when you lose the ball you have to retreat to your own half, due to his lack of pressing, which goes against everything ETH believes in. ETH did have a private conversation with Ronaldo shortly after he took the job and laid down the law. He told him that he wouldn't be playing every game or even a guarantee that he would play every minute of games he played in and that there would be no preferential treatment. So things like flying back to Portugal if he had a hip flexor issue were prohibited. Ronaldo and Mendes took this as a sign that he wasn't in ETH plans and to save face publicly Ronaldo's position is they don't believe the ETH project.

Why didn't the club sell him straight away ? Well you don't just sell Ronaldo. It is a matter of who will take on his wages + a club that Ronaldo would himself find suitable.
How on earth are you getting all these ? You’re talking about private discussions and what might have happened behind closed doors. Seriously i’m all for replacing him, i know he doesn’t have the motor to press and i think him acting like the mega star when he’s not is a problem but all that sounds like science fiction.

the biggest issue for me isnt the tactical aspect. It’s the top dog mentality

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I love the sweet smell of irony in the morning.

clarkydaz

you clearly know how the media and club works, so give us the genuine reasons everyone else is in the dark on, as you seem to know above all. so come on, and no 'it may have been', or' it seems', or i feel etc

mshnsh

If he wanted to leave for personal reasons he would not consider Chelsea or Bayern , he'd consider a club in Iberia.

Last edited:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Ronaldo in danger of becoming a meme being rejected by top clubs, Manchester United in danger of becoming a meme hanging around Frenkie like a stalker. :D Both are over the hill, we aren’t so different:(

Skills

Snitch
The 30m euro deal from the Saudi club would've been incredible for us.

Swordsman

Ronaldo in danger of becoming a meme being rejected by top clubs, Manchester United in danger of becoming a meme hanging around Frenkie like a stalker. :D Both are over the hill, we aren’t so different:(
is united going to change their theme song to "Every Breath You Take" ?

Skills

Snitch
I fear we are heading towards a situation where Ronaldo is desperate to leave but is unable to find a club that will offer him the desired financial terms and competition for major trophies.

He could end up being a very negative influence to have around the place.

I wish we had the balls to offer him a mutual termination as soon as it became known he wanted out.
You'd hope he finds the entire experience quite humbling about his current status in football

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
The news was clearly let out by his management team. The news has been out there for 3 weeks where Manchester United club officials and even the new manager have been responded to it. Don’t you think someone from either Ronaldo’s camp or the club would rubbish the rumours very early on?
You are right with the bolded. It is that simple, he rubbished that Sporting link within hours, so what can we assume from rumours/links that he had not rubbished for weeks?

But of course his fanboys and girls are in damage control/copium mode now

Last edited:

redcucumber

Because “us guys” refuse to kiss his arse on account of an agenda, whereas fans of those clubs understand football and will be nice to him.
Indeed. Slightly unhinged the lengths some people will go to to defend and protect the image of some megastar celebrity.

Revaulx

Indeed. Slightly unhinged the lengths some people will go to to defend and protect the image of some megastar celebrity.
Absolutely. Though it needs to be borne in mind that some of the more vitriolic anti-Ronaldo’s are equally fanboys of his “rivals”, which to me undermines their credibility as critics.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wish we could get rid of Ronaldo, I think it will be very very difficult for ETH having him here as I don't really see CR7 being a bench player just because some young manager came and Ronnie doesn't fit his style of play. I see two issues here: marketing and ego.
All the best to ETH but with Ronaldo around I do think this season will be a mess.

redcucumber

There could be a serious trauma issue with his wife not feeling comfortable in Manchester after what she went through, to be fair.
Possibly. It's rather telling that the only teams seriously linked are ones in the CL, however.

Absolutely. Though it needs to be borne in mind that some of the more vitriolic anti-Ronaldo’s are equally fanboys of his “rivals”, which to me undermines their credibility as critics.
Agreed also. Messi and Ronaldo are incredibly divisive figures for lots of people, on either sides of the spectrum. With that said, I think promoting sports stars/entertainers to demigod like beings is wrong and damaging in lots of ways, so I can see why people want to push back against that. That often spills into it going too far and people taking on some sort of vendetta against the likes of Ronaldo and it sullies the debate.

I always found the Messi vs. Ronaldo debate thread fascinating/terrifying for this. People can get totally fanatical.

Revaulx

Possibly. It's rather telling that the only teams seriously linked are ones in the CL, however.

Agreed also. Messi and Ronaldo are incredibly divisive figures for lots of people, on either sides of the spectrum. With that said, I think promoting sports stars/entertainers to demigod like beings is wrong and damaging in lots of ways, so I can see why people want to push back against that. That often spills into it going too far and people taking on some sort of vendetta against the likes of Ronaldo and it sullies the debate.

I always found the Messi vs. Ronaldo debate thread fascinating/terrifying for this. People can get totally fanatical.
That thread is to be avoided by anyone who wants to preserve their sanity. It is useful occasionally to have a quick glance at it and note who’s posting and which side they’re on though, as it alerts you to who really does have an “agenda” (yuk) against a certain player.

Status
Not open for further replies.