Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I fear we are heading towards a situation where Ronaldo is desperate to leave but is unable to find a club that will offer him the desired financial terms and competition for major trophies.
He could end up being a very negative influence to have around the place.
I wish we had the balls to offer him a mutual termination as soon as it became known he wanted out.
And have the fans deep-hating ETH, Arnold and Murtough even before the season has started? We need to nudge him like Laporta/Frenkie and get him to play in Saudi. At least we can recover some of the initial investment in bringing him back.

Anders Agnalt

United is always linked to players in the media. United players are always tweeted and mentioned in the press as it generate clicks.
Ronaldo and United generates huge amount of clicks and retweets.
One tweet and one article about a United player wanting to leave generates astronomical amount of clicks.
ETH says Ronaldo is staying. Ronaldo have had a life changing event this year losing a child and have been granted extended time off and supporters hates him and wants him to leave??

There is to much stupid supporters beliving in news articles and tweets from nobody. I belive the club would be better off without those supporters.

OpenIntrovert

I fear we are heading towards a situation where Ronaldo is desperate to leave but is unable to find a club that will offer him the desired financial terms and competition for major trophies.

He could end up being a very negative influence to have around the place.

I wish we had the balls to offer him a mutual termination as soon as it became known he wanted out.
If Ronaldo can destroy the atmosphere by just being negative, we would have sold him this season right after the transfer window was opened. I am pretty sure ETH would have justified that decision further since such negative characteristics are obvious. Ronaldo will behave professionally if he stays and ETH will also not allow him to override the team. People also said Ole would not be able to drop Ronaldo if Ronaldo comes but he has dropped and substituted him in some of the games.

Its just media flak creating the "Ronaldo Mafia" image. When it became obvious that Ronaldo was not disturbing the team, they started to attack Ole until his sacking. Then they went back to Ronaldo when Rangnick faced difficult results. When Ronaldo started to score goals to shut them up, they started the 1000th dressing room crisis story. Its just how the media works.

Tavern in the town

United is always linked to players in the media. United players are always tweeted and mentioned in the press as it generate clicks.
One tweet and one article about a United player wanting to leave generates astronomical amount of clicks.
ETH says Ronaldo is staying. Ronaldo have had a life changing event this year losing a child and have been granted extended time off and supporters hates him and wants him to leave??

There is to much stupid supporters beliving in news articles and tweets from nobody. I belive the club would be better off without those supporters.
What are you even talking about? Are you suggesting the papers have made up the stories about Ronaldo wanting to leave?

OpenIntrovert

Excellent post. I believe these "supporters" already have a hidden agenda against Ronaldo, which they have brought out the moment they sniffed on one of the media's articles. Some of them are still posting here when it is becoming highly likely nothing is going to happen.

OpenIntrovert

What are you even talking about? Are you suggesting the papers have made up the stories about Ronaldo wanting to leave?
First time reading the media's articles? The media works on the principle of what type of story would drive interest in their audience, not on the truth.

The Firestarter

First time reading the media's articles? The media works on the principle of what type of story would drive interest in their audience, not on the truth.
Just one question . Why did Ronaldo or his camp didnt deny that he wants to move, but chose to deny only that very specific news about a loan to Sportting?

doomy20

Oh my god end it already. He has a contract, just work with him next season and let him score 25+ goals. I am the only one who doesn’t want to see Martial anywhere near the starting11?

redcucumber

If Ronaldo can destroy the atmosphere by just being negative, we would have sold him this season right after the transfer window was opened. I am pretty sure ETH would have justified that decision further since such negative characteristics are obvious. Ronaldo will behave professionally if he stays and ETH will also not allow him to override the team. People also said Ole would not be able to drop Ronaldo if Ronaldo comes but he has dropped and substituted him in some of the games.

Its just media flak creating the "Ronaldo Mafia" image. When it became obvious that Ronaldo was not disturbing the team, they started to attack Ole until his sacking. Then they went back to Ronaldo when Rangnick faced difficult results. When Ronaldo started to score goals to shut them up, they started the 1000th dressing room crisis story. Its just how the media works.
Ronaldo isn't participating in preseason with the rest of his teammates and new manager because he wants out, despite being under contract and getting paid massive amounts of money - he's effectively on strike. He did something similar midway through last season when he flew back to Portugal after being told he wasn't going to start against City. Neither of those things represent professional behaviour.

Highfather_24

Then why is Ronaldo/his agent not coming out and saying he wants to stay? Like he shut out the Sporting rumors?

You know why. Stop putting your head in the sand.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Some common sense posts here.

It's unfortunate how easily manipulated the masses are by the media.

Stay or leave I don't know but our club is not a bunch of children who are getting annoyed by one single player.

It's the same with Maguire stories and so on. These are professionals who wouldn't be there they are if they were so sensitive.

Josh 76

That’s how you see it. Others see it differently.

GreatDane

Oh my god end it already. He has a contract, just work with him next season and let him score 25+ goals. I am the only one who doesn’t want to see Martial anywhere near the starting11?
Chosing between Ronaldo and Martial at this point is like chosing which one of your own sisters to bang.
Both choices are wrong, but you kinda feel like Martial at least would be happy to be asked.

OpenIntrovert

Just one question . Why did Ronaldo or his camp didnt deny that he wants to move, but chose to deny only that very specific news about a loan to Sportting?
Depends on how you want to interpret it. Ronaldo is known to be a very private person so he might have kept all social media out during the handling of his personal issues. The Sporting article might have been brought to his attention by his family friends and he replied accordingly. Sporting is also his childhood club and he has a strong fanbase there, so he reacted fast to the article to dissolve any expectations from the Sporting fanbase as well as to give Sporting some reprieve from the relentless media queries.

As for the other articles he probably didnt see any worth in replying to them, as he has already stated he is more action and less talk during the media's numerous articles during Juventus transfer saga in 20/21, He only replies to the ones that can disturb the relationships with his past clubs.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Martial's looking quite bright in pre season. Rashford's game has kinks. Elanga isn't good enough. You can bet we'll see a lot of Martial, even if Ronnie stays and rightfully so.

The Firestarter

Depends on how you want to interpret it. Ronaldo is known to be a very private person so he might have kept all social media out during the handling of his personal issues. The Sporting article might have been brought to his attention by his family friends and he replied accordingly. Sporting is also his childhood club and he has a strong fanbase there, so he reacted fast to the article to dissolve any expectations from the Sporting fanbase as well as to give Sporting some reprieve from the relentless media queries.

As for the other articles he probably didnt see any worth in replying to them, as he has already stated he is more action and less talk during the media's numerous articles during Juventus transfer saga in 20/21, He only replies to the ones that can disturb the relationships with his past clubs.
What about the relationship with his current club thats also one of his past clubs?

OpenIntrovert

I’m not sure what that has to do with Ronaldo wanting out.
Everything. Ronaldo generates more interest in the world audience than any other player, negative or positive. Ronaldo might have wanted to leave due to personal issues (maybe it is resolved now for all we know) but the media doesn't care about that. They only need a spark to continue the fire until someone douses it out.

OpenIntrovert

What about the relationship with his current club thats also one of his past clubs?
He never said he wanted to leave. Its the media that is saying it and you guys who happily choose to believe it.

I can just tweet a photo of Mendes being spotted in a location near one of the possible clubs and link it to Ronaldo. All of you will believe it.

OpenIntrovert

There are a few who don't believe that he/mendes has even mentioned that he wants to leave. Only a media created story. I m serious.
I don't deny that he may have wanted to leave, but the media is reporting and exaggerating it differently. For all you know it could be due to his personal issues which might be resolved now.

Trex

There is to much stupid supporters beliving in news articles and tweets from nobody. I believe the club would be better off without those supporters.
Ronaldo wanting to leave isn't some made up tabloid bullshit story, its been reported by every single credible news source.
You can support Ronaldo without denying the fact, a lot of United supporters maintained support for Ronaldo even after he left the first time and some will continue to even after he leaves again.
You choose to believe the same news sources when they said he has family issues and was granted leave by the club but not when they report his wish to leave?
Don't be in denial.

The Firestarter

He never said he wanted to leave. Its the media that is saying it and you guys who happily choose to believe it.

I can just tweet a photo of Mendes being spotted in a location near one of the possible clubs and link it to Ronaldo. All of you will believe it.
Its amazing how your brain works. If he really doesnt want to leave, its one tweet amount of work. "I want to stay at United" - speculation ends, legend status cemented. Instead you have his mother liking a bad photoshop of him in Bayern shirt. Maybe she thought it was United?

Tavern in the town

Everything. Ronaldo generates more interest in the world audience than any other player, negative or positive. Ronaldo might have wanted to leave due to personal issues (maybe it is resolved now for all we know) but the media doesn't care about that. They only need a spark to continue the fire until someone douses it out.
Just to clarify: you think it’s nonsense made up for clicks that Ronaldo wants out?

OpenIntrovert

Ronaldo wanting to leave isn't some made up tabloid bullshit story, its been reported by every single credible news source.
You can support Ronaldo without denying the fact, a lot of United supporters maintained support for Ronaldo even after he left the first time and some will continue to even after he leaves again.
You choose to believe the same news sources when they said he has family issues and was granted leave by the club but not when they report his wish to leave?
Don't be in denial.
It wasn't the news sources that said he had personal issues, it was the club. Big difference compared to the media.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ronaldo wants to leave, Its obvious as day. Just plain ignorance for anyone that can't see that. Realistically the only rumours that have been true are the Bayern and Chelsea links, the rest are just trolls or media clicks.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The simping for Ronaldo in this thread is just next level. There's E-thot fans then there's the CR Fanboys :wenger:

Mayhem

Imagine wanting him to stay at this point. Hope he never plays for us again.

Revaulx

The simping for Ronaldo in this thread is just next level. There's E-thot fans then there's the CR Fanboys :wenger:
For the sake of balance, it’s worth checking the posting history of the most virulent anti-Ronaldo’s. One at least is a massive Messi fanboy, yet frames his criticism of Ronaldo in a way that makes him appear ultra-objective.

It’s all very tedious. Especially the arguments about the extent to which he was responsible for last season’s shitshow.

MUFC OK

League season starts in just over 2 weeks. Whether staying or going, we need clarity at this point. Cant let it derail us until september.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I refuse to believe that Ronaldo will be anything other than a consummate professional even if he doesn’t get his move out. The man lives and breathes football and he isn’t the type of player to bring others down with him or perform at half his best

OpenIntrovert

Its amazing how your brain works. If he really doesnt want to leave, its one tweet amount of work. "I want to stay at United" - speculation ends, legend status cemented. Instead you have his mother liking a bad photoshop of him in Bayern shirt. Maybe she thought it was United?
Even if he says he is going to stay, you guys will still continue your agenda. Like I have said he might have wanted to leave due to personal issues and it might be resolved now, but the media is over exaggerating it as if he wants to desperately leave the club. Problem is, you guys believe it wholeheartedly.

You must know that the media love to run negative stories about us (not just Ronaldo) due to the huge interest we generate. Unfortunately you guys have forgotten the other stories about the club conveniently and just focused on the ones that aid your cause.

The Firestarter

Even if he says he is going to stay, you guys will still continue your agenda. Like I have said he might have wanted to leave due to personal issues and it might be resolved now, but the media is over exaggerating it as if he wants to desperately leave the club. Problem is, you guys believe it wholeheartedly.

You must know that the media love to run negative stories about us (not just Ronaldo) due to the huge interest we generate. Unfortunately you guys have forgotten the other stories about the club conveniently and just focused on the ones that aid your cause.
Our agenda :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.