Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

I think the press are currently enjoying linking him to other CL clubs just to get a rejection to make him look even worse.

He's such an idiot. Is that the legacy he's after? Just running after stupid records?
Ronaldo’s legacy in the game has been cemented a long time ago. Him not wanting to play for a club that’s isn’t competing for the highest club honour won’t affect said legacy.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
If some of the stuff that's been reported about him hasn't affected his legacy I doubt much else will.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Oversimplification of Ronaldo’s impact. He influenced a lot of big ties during those years beyond merely “finishing from close range.”

Like the Bayern tie away in 2017 (the one he bagged the two goals at the Allianz). People forget but Bayern were totally dominant for the majority of the 1st half and overran Madrid in the middle of the park until Ronaldo got Martinez 2 bookings and a sending off in the space of 5 minutes through his dribbling and retention of the ball to win fouls. That then gave Madrid the numerical advantage and then ofcourse he scored against the run of play to equalise in between those yellow cards. Then once martinez was sent off it was all Madrid from there. That performance from him was beyond just finishing from close range if you actually analyse the game empirically.
You are comparing a 32y.o and a soon to be 38y.o player. Different planets.

van Persie

Missing all this high intensive training, he won't have the stamina levels required for an ETH running style.
Ronaldo is not a couch potato. He's will be as fit as can be. This whole situation is bizarre anyway, from all the coming home nonsense to wanting to leave after one season. Certainly changed the way I look at things in regards to players sentiment to the club. What did he really expect from last season? Was clear as day we were not up for it. With Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia and hopefully De Jong/a DM it's looking up a little.

sglowrider

Ronaldo is not a couch potato. He's will be as fit as can be. This whole situation is bizarre anyway, from all the coming home nonsense to wanting to leave after one season. Certainly changed the way I look at things in regards to players sentiment to the club. What did he really expect from last season? Was clear as day we were not up for it. With Eriksen, Martinez and Malacia and hopefully De Jong/a DM it's looking up a little.
Training alone and looking like some male model is different to the levels of intensity that are employed and required by a coach -- especially a possessional/pressing coach like ETH. Otherwise, half the players wouldn't need to go on tour or have any pre-season training. Plus there is match fitness too.

OpenIntrovert

Almost joined Citeh last summer, looking to join Atleti this summer...

Has their ever been a bigger attempted mercenary?
Diego Simeone who is a known Messi fan and has stoked so much of contempt for Ronaldo, is taking Ronaldo in? Do you guys believe everything you read?

Its about time we realize that all this drama is created by the media with each article becoming more ridiculous. Its like they are desperate to put in anything that gives them clicks. Ronaldo might have wanted to leave due to personal issues, but he is not that desperate to go after Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I think the press are currently enjoying linking him to other CL clubs just to get a rejection to make him look even worse.

He's such an idiot. Is that the legacy he's after? Just running after stupid records?
That’s literally exactly what’s happening. Half of these rumors are not even true I reckon. Which is something I already pointed out.

OpenIntrovert

How do you know he doesn't want to come back? is there any fact that states he doesn't want to back?
It's a different matter If Ronaldo himself or his agent asked to leave officially, I've seen this kind of rumor about Ronaldo for the last two decades.
Exactly! The media always creates rumours around him because Ronaldo has a negative, egoistic image which has been over exaggerated by the media. All Ronaldo has to do is to express his displeasure at a small thing and these guys will say that he is going to leave. Normally if Ronaldo wants to leave, he himself will come out and say it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Diego Simeone who is a known Messi fan and has stoked so much of contempt for Ronaldo, is taking Ronaldo in? Do you guys believe everything you read?

Its about time we realize that all this drama is created by the media with each article becoming more ridiculous. Its like they are desperate to put in anything that gives them clicks. Ronaldo might have wanted to leave due to personal issues, but he is not that desperate to go after Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.
Bingo.

As I said the only real interest I truly believe has been Bayern.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
So when Bayern said they weren't interested they weren't lying.

I don't see the benefit in loaning Ronaldo. We are due to pay him £25m this season, give or take. Sporting may contribute a bit of that but they won't pay the lionshare. They don't have that kind of cash.

Negotiate a break in the contract and let him sign with Sporting. Whatever pay off we give him should be less than £20m we'll inevitably end up paying if he goes on loan.
Yes but why would Ronaldo agree to that? Why not get his current wages while playing for Sporting

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I can only see him going to Sporting when he no longer has it to perform in top level. The fact that he was PL top 3 goalscorer and PL team of season last season, means there is no way he is going to Sporting soon.

It’s going to be either moving to Bayern or staying at Man Utd. If Bayern not really interested even after they have sold Lewandowski, then he would have to come back to us instead.

My guess is, he will stay with us for another season. Even though there is no CL for him, while we won’t be competing for major domestic trophies anytime soon. Maybe he can still try to win a Europa with us, and focus on WC, for keeping up his motivation.

Next summer though I am sure he will end his contract with us, or we won’t extend his contract, and we are going for someone like Nkunku instead to build for future.

But time is really running out for him as he is approaching 38, I won’t be shocked if he decide to move to Sporting next summer, or moving back to Italy for clubs like Milan or Napoli, or basically any clubs that would offer him a chance to score few goals in CL group stage and challenge for some domestic trophy.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I can only see him going to Sporting when he no longer has it to perform in top level. The fact that he was PL top 3 goalscorer and PL team of season last season, means there is no way he is going to Sporting soon.

It’s going to be either moving to Bayern or staying at Man Utd. If Bayern not really interested even after they have sold Lewandowski, then he would have to come back to us instead.

My guess is, he will stay with us for another season. Even though there is no CL for him, while we won’t be competing for major domestic trophies anytime soon. Maybe he can still try to win a Europa with us, and focus on WC, for keeping up his motivation.

Next summer though I am sure he will end his contract with us, or we won’t extend his contract, and we are going for someone like Nkunku instead to build for future.

But time is really running out for him as he is approaching 38, I won’t be shocked if he decide to move to Sporting next summer, or moving back to Italy for clubs like Milan or Napoli, or basically any clubs that would offer him a chance to score few goals in CL group stage and challenge for some domestic trophy.
Does the lack of elite teams interested in him surprise you? Even chelsea won’t go for him and they could use a proper striker

OpenIntrovert

Does the lack of elite teams interested in him surprise you? Even chelsea won’t go for him and they could use a proper striker
First of all we have nothing except media articles talking about his moving. No news whatsoever from him, his agent and the club. Even ETH says he only read about him leaving in the media.

Let Ronaldo come and reject/confirm the rumors first. So far we only have the club mentioning he is not for sale which is a standard reply since he is under contract.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
His arrival, more so than Sancho and Varane, definitely upset the apple cart in my opinion. We didn't seem to have much bad blood in the camp, if any, the previous seasons under Ole.
Yes Sancho who had 3 goals and 3 assists in the league and super-fit Varane who missed only one-third of the league games were much better performers than Ronaldo. I bet they pressed really hard.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
How would Real Madrid fans react to him going to Atletico? Isn't that a bit weird or is just a different culture there, like in Italy where loads of big players have played for all the big teams?
He won’t join Atletico … he has taunted the club’s history, fans and Simeone on many occasions.

sglowrider

Even his Ronaldo t-shirt in the United online shop has dropped from £21 to £8 now. His Ronaldo hoodie from 45 quid to now £18. Fire sale.

If that's not an indication...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why surprise? He is 37 and will approach 38 next season. Normally elite clubs would prefer to have sign younger players to build for future. This applies to everyone, including Pele, Maradona, Cruyff etc

AndySmith1990

Actually the drama is created by Ronaldo not turning up to do his job, and also by his agent offering him to numerous clubs

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I doubt it. But it is also unlikely that City were in for him
Especially now we know he has no sense of loyalty whatsoever. He couldn’t wait to crap on the hopes of any Sporting fans either.

OpenIntrovert

Actually the drama is created by Ronaldo not turning up to do his job, and also by his agent offering him to numerous clubs
His agent represents a lot of players and Ronaldo hasn't turned up yet due to his personal issues. Regardless of whether he wants to leave or not, he is still under contract with the club so if he was lying about personal issues, he would be disciplined appropriately. The media knows that articles about Ronaldo can get them a lot of clicks, so they just ran with it.

Kostov

Drive this cnut out of the club. He should be not welcomed and told to leave, whether that is to Saudi club or to Chelsea or Bayern it does not matter. Absolute hypocrite and not worth the drama nowadays.

Renegade

How do you know he doesn't want to come back? is there any fact that states he doesn't want to back?
It's a different matter If Ronaldo himself or his agent asked to leave officially, I've seen this kind of rumor about Ronaldo for the last two decades.
The news was clearly let out by his management team. The news has been out there for 3 weeks where Manchester United club officials and even the new manager have been responded to it. Don’t you think someone from either Ronaldo’s camp or the club would rubbish the rumours very early on?

OpenIntrovert

The news was clearly let out by his management team. The news has been out there for 3 weeks where Manchester United club officials and even the new manager have been responded to it. Don’t you think someone from either Ronaldo’s camp or the club would rubbish the rumours very early on?
The club and manager's responses were from questions fielded by the media, rather than proactive responses. Basically nobody cares except the media. I won't flat out deny that he is not trying to leave, but the media's stories are too fake.

Highfather_24

You have to be really really naive to think that Ronaldo is not actively trying to leave the club. Whatever "personal problems" he has that is apparently stopping him from joining training, is not stopping him from making a statement rubbishing rumors of him wanting to leave. I mean he had no problem squashing the Sporting rumor.

Just get this man out of the club. Not worth all the hassle.

MrEleson

Not really, no denying Zlatan is a merc but transfer between Italian top teams are/were the norm. Figo was a far more egregious merc just for his transfer to Madrid.
Fabregas has played for both Arsenal and Chelsea. In his prime too. RVP transferred directly from Arsenal to us (a rival). Figo transferred directly from Barca to Real Madrid.
The original Ronaldo played for Inter and Milan. Also, played for Barca and Real Madrid at a BDOR winning level.
There are tons more examples.

It seems like everything with CRonaldo is overblown.

flappyjay

A team that plays a 2 striker formation makes more sense for the coach. Playing him alongside someone with good link up play like lautaro/Lukaku. Unfortunately for him the 2 top clubs that play two strikers are broke inter and former rival Atleti.

The White Pele

I fear we are heading towards a situation where Ronaldo is desperate to leave but is unable to find a club that will offer him the desired financial terms and competition for major trophies.

He could end up being a very negative influence to have around the place.

I wish we had the balls to offer him a mutual termination as soon as it became known he wanted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.