g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What the heck is this trash? Such a click bait title and the article contains no information what so ever. Apparently he txt Nani, “I’m busy now, talk soon”, and that’s the basis for this masterpiece .
Save yourself a click. Good lord!
I was gonna post the same thing. Absolute waste of time.
That’s all the MEN does, absolutely worthless outlet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it’s bayern or nothing.

He’s going to end up coming back pretending everything is fine and it was just a family problem. he loves the club and he’s committed blah blah.

everybody will forget about it in a few weeks.

I just hope he doesn’t throw his toys out the pram and disrupt the good mood the side seems to be in right now.

I didn’t think him joining last year and it all falling apart was more than a coincidence, but now i’m thinking there’s more to it.

House Mkhitaryan

I'm my opinion, he can't be blamed for last year. Of course, we expected him to be better but he was one of the better (or least bad) players, though that isn't saying much. It doesn't seem like he helped any of the players around him. Then again, the whole team was a mess and struggled even more when he was out. Ideally, someone at Cristiano's level of ability right now would be helpful to have in the squad. However...

Heading into this year, the issues are:
  • He's a year older and much more likely to regress than improve
  • World Cup mid season is going to be even more of a physical strain on him
  • Doesn't fit ten Heg system AT ALL since he does the least pressing of any EPL forward (by a large amount too)
  • Not worthy of a guaranteed starting spot regardless of form, which is likely to cause selection issues and/or rift between player and manager
  • He doesn't want to be here and is potentially going to cause locker room, training, distraction and/or other problem
  • He's on huge wages and not worth it
  • His inclusion in the squad is very likely to hinder the evolution of ten Hag's system
For all these reasons, I think it is best to move him if we can and get a younger player in who fits better in ten Hag's system. Whether that is possible, I'm not sure but hopefully we are trying.

SirMonteyne

People believe in these ridiculous rumors.
I remember when my aunt lost her newborn, she became an utterly different person for 3 years. It's hard.
No sane man ever ignores his wife after seeing what his wife is going through.

I can't believe people sh*t talking about him for taking a personal absence after all of this.
Family tragedy, his champions league legacy at risk, the club took off 25% of his salary, his own club fans trash talk him, and at the lowest point of his career.
He deserves some space, hope he comes back strong.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So he's made the effort to quash rumours of going back to Sporting but has remained silent on all the rest, i.e. PSG, Chelsea, Bayern, Atletico.

It's a pity he can't seem to generate interest among the better clubs.

The Firestarter

There is still more than a month left, which other clubs do ya reckon they will dangle him in front...

Renegade

People believe in these ridiculous rumors.
I remember when my aunt lost her newborn, she became an utterly different person for 3 years. It's hard.
No sane man ever ignores his wife after seeing what his wife is going through.

I can't believe people sh*t talking about him for taking a personal absence after all of this.
Family tragedy, his champions league legacy at risk, the club took off 25% of his salary, his own club fans trash talk him, and at the lowest point of his career.
How his champions league legacy at risk? No one’s threatening to take his medals away.

Fans are allowed to respond and react to him being whored out across Europe.
He doesn’t want to come back.

If Bayern offered him a deal tomorrow he’d be back to work in a flash.

Bobski

His champions league legacy at risk, what nonsense is this? Oh no, Messi might score more CL goals than him, what a disaster, unbearable pain. The football World will forget him 2 mins after he retires if he doesn't get the chance to statpad in the CL.

And the 25%, how dare Utd pay him what he contractually agreed to, they should just ignore that clause because he is Ronaldo.

MrEleson

That Real Madrid team was stronger than what people give them credit for and under Ancelotti and Zidane, they had the mental strength to win against the odds in UCL. They were so strong that all Ronaldo had to do was finish from close range. For a long period of time (in his last few seasons if i remember correctly) he had scored like just one goal from outside the area.
Oversimplification of Ronaldo’s impact. He influenced a lot of big ties during those years beyond merely “finishing from close range.”

Like the Bayern tie away in 2017 (the one he bagged the two goals at the Allianz). People forget but Bayern were totally dominant for the majority of the 1st half and overran Madrid in the middle of the park until Ronaldo got Martinez 2 bookings and a sending off in the space of 5 minutes through his dribbling and retention of the ball to win fouls. That then gave Madrid the numerical advantage and then ofcourse he scored against the run of play to equalise in between those yellow cards. Then once martinez was sent off it was all Madrid from there. That performance from him was beyond just finishing from close range if you actually analyse the game empirically.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He hates Atleti and Atleti hate him. After knocking them out of the UCL constantly, he’s deciding to team up with them? Weird Hollywood script coming up

Irwin99

How would Real Madrid fans react to him going to Atletico? Isn't that a bit weird or is just a different culture there, like in Italy where loads of big players have played for all the big teams?

Someone

Something
I think the press are currently enjoying linking him to other CL clubs just to get a rejection to make him look even worse.

He's such an idiot. Is that the legacy he's after? Just running after stupid records?

Rolaholic

Almost joined Citeh last summer, looking to join Atleti this summer...

Has their ever been a bigger attempted mercenary?

Rolaholic

I think the press are currently enjoying linking him to other CL clubs just to get a rejection to make him look even worse.

He's such an idiot. Is that the legacy he's after? Just running after stupid records?
Funny enough he's not even chasing anyone with those, he's comfortably got the scoring record and is tied for most CL titles won. The fact that his ex-teammates just won without him must drive him mad.

city-puma

Oversimplification of Ronaldo’s impact. He influenced a lot of big ties during those years beyond merely “finishing from close range.”

Like the Bayern tie away in 2017 (the one he bagged the two goals at the Allianz). People forget but Bayern were totally dominant for the majority of the 1st half and overran Madrid in the middle of the park until Ronaldo got Martinez 2 bookings and a sending off in the space of 5 minutes through his dribbling and retention of the ball to win fouls. That then gave Madrid the numerical advantage and then ofcourse he scored against the run of play to equalise in between those yellow cards. Then once martinez was sent off it was all Madrid from there. That performance from him was beyond just finishing from close range if you actually analyse the game empirically.
You are really a diehard fan of Ronaldo.

Greck

The irony of being pissed at that 25% CL decrease is it would still be more salary than anyone would be willing to offer. The guy would be hot property if not for all these demands and baggage. He still has a lot to offer but insists on privileges that don't match.

SirMonteyne

How his champions league legacy at risk? No one’s threatening to take his medals away.

Fans are allowed to respond and react to him being whored out across Europe.
He doesn’t want to come back.

If Bayern offered him a deal tomorrow he’d be back to work in a flash.
How do you know he doesn't want to come back? is there any fact that states he doesn't want to back?
It's a different matter If Ronaldo himself or his agent asked to leave officially, I've seen this kind of rumor about Ronaldo for the last two decades.

Trequarista10

The more I think about it, the more I think he will end up staying. The club have the power in this situation and I don't see anyone making an offer that would tempt us to sell. Their isn't much in terms of strikers available this summer, so it's not like we're keen to offload him to free up the budget for someone else. And being out of the CL hinders the possibility of bringing in a top player if they were available anyway. Ronaldo is on huge wages and there may be clubs willing to pay those, but it would still rely on us accepting a minimal or even free transfer fee which we don't need or want to do. Are clubs really going to chuck £20m plus our way plus his wages at his age? Doubt it. Makes more sense for us to keep him if he could be the difference between CL qualification or not, and look to replace him next summer when we have a CL budget and CL football to tempt potential signings. A younger player can waste a year moping around to force a move but Ronaldo can't at his age. He has limited time left and will have no choice but to accept he's staying and give his all.

Only question mark is whether he can fit into ETHs style and if he is positive or negative for squad harmony. I think he can fit into ETH's team and that I it'd be best for him and us if he is used a bit more sparingly. Get him on the pitch for 60-90 minutes a week rather than 180, and he has less need to reserve his energy. He still offers more of a threat in the box than the rest of our forwards combined, his link up and hold up play is underrated, with the ball at his feet he is quality, and he is still fit and can work hard in spurts. Again, takes strong management to make those calls but Ronaldo has no option but to accept it. He can't sulk his way out, he can't refuse to play, and no club will pay both him and us enough to let him go.

The Firestarter

How do you know he doesn't want to come back? is there any fact that states he doesn't want to back?
It's a different matter If Ronaldo himself or his agent asked to leave officially, I've seen this kind of rumor about Ronaldo for the last two decades.
Dont worry, he is coming back, nobody is dumb enough to get him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
it’s bayern or nothing.

He’s going to end up coming back pretending everything is fine and it was just a family problem. he loves the club and he’s committed blah blah.

everybody will forget about it in a few weeks.

I just hope he doesn’t throw his toys out the pram and disrupt the good mood the side seems to be in right now.

I didn’t think him joining last year and it all falling apart was more than a coincidence, but now i’m thinking there’s more to it.
He is a solution to the problems he creates.

Status
Not open for further replies.