Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't feel devastated at all. I'm just pointing out how you lot were willing your idol to go to Bayern for HIS personal success/stat padding. This is fanboyism.

If anything, it must be humiliating for him to be rejected by clubs around Europe for 2 summer transfer windows in a row. How his stock has fallen.
Of cos I’d rather he moves to Bayern rather than our local rivals such as Chelsea, as I am always his fans (among his 700m followers) and United fans and I have always admitted it. So, your pointing out is rather pointless.

And due to his age and wage demand, of course it’s hard to find top CL clubs to sign him. He is 37 and going to be 38 next season. Where were Pele, Maradona, Cruyff at same age?

Last edited:

MrEleson

The stats remind me of his 15/16 season at Madrid. Was terrible most of the season but scored many goals vs few teams (minnows). Essentially his main meaningful contribution was a hattrick vs Wolfsburg in the qf and the goal vs Roma in R16.

In the end, people just looked at the goals scored and than praised him for a great season. Very similar to last season except there was no ucl goalscoring heroics.
So like Messi in the 11/12 season then basically - scoring in bunches against minnows and people still praising him.

And Ronaldo scored a game winning goal
against Barca at the camp Nou to end their
12+ game winning streak that season .

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even if he can’t find a club, surely we can just release him? You’d think clubs would put some kind of clause in where if you twerk at other clubs this publicly, we don’t owe you anything.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will wreck our attack. You heard it here. His me me me attitude will show.

Mcking

Such a shame he is going to come in and ruin it all again. Been doing it since 2018.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
With him in the team, next season be like: ‘wow, another hat trick, and he’s supposed to be the problem, shame we lost 3-6 though’.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With him in the team, next season be like: ‘wow, another hat trick, and he’s supposed to be the problem, shame we lost 3-6 though’.
:lol:

Pretty much. For the last 3-4 years, this iteration of Ronaldo basically just does his best to put out the fires he creates.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Just feck him off now. We can't have ETH as another Ronaldo **** and alters his playstyle to accommodate this legendary dinosiur.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Will be interesting to see if Ten Hag will keep the press with Ronaldo in the side. How much pressing is Ten Hag willing to compromise in order to accommodate Ronaldo? Let's see how things play out.

Woodzy

Just wish the cnut was on tour so we could see how he does in this team. I still think he could be a great option, but he would need accept that he was just an option and not the the first name on the team sheet.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I reckon Atl Madrid would take him, just give it bit more time to convince Atl Madrid and Simeone.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ronaldo has attributes that our current attack still lack. He's still razor sharp in and around the box and he's head and shoulders above all our players when it comes to being aerial dominate.

But he's not a good link-up player. He's not selfless for one. He's not effective coming deep either and this is not even mentioning his complete lack of being a effective pressor from the front.

And outside of his strengths and weaknesses as a player, you need to contend with the enormous ego on the guy.

RuudTom83

It will be a very interesting test for ETH if Ronaldo doesn't leave.

Pre seasons don't mean much, but its always better to win games and show the team is improving. If Ronaldo turns up and goes straight back in the side it will cause friction for sure.

SAFMUTD

Let him stay if he wants but he should have to earn his place in the team.
Yeah...it doesn't tell work that way with Ronaldo.

If he stays he'll want to start every single match and play for the full 90'.

Everyone can see there will be a clash between Cristiano and Ten Hag. Hopefully we are not dumb enough to support Cristiano.

Kostov

That's what you get when you an ungrateful with zero awareness git Ronny. Great to see him offered around and nobody serious wanting him :lol:

Teja

How much do you guys think he blames us and our performance last season for noone being interested in him?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
How much do you guys think he blames us and our performance last season for noone being interested in him?
A sulking Ronaldo will be more damaging to the squad than being short up front

Robertd0803

So he's going to miss our entire pre-season, then expect to waltz in as a starter?
My worry as well. Its going to be carnage in the UK media if Ronaldo is on the bench for the opening games (if hes still here).

While Im trying to reign in my excitement about a fully operational and in form Rashford/Martial/Sancho being what will get us success this season, Id quite happily start the season with the 3 of them at this point based off pre season.

I love Ronaldo and have a weak spot for him but the team has to come first now.

My worry is that if he stays its still the Ronaldo show and my worry if he goes is that we dont have a plan b at the moment like we did with Cavani.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It will be a very interesting test for ETH if Ronaldo doesn't leave.

Pre seasons don't mean much, but its always better to win games and show the team is improving. If Ronaldo turns up and goes straight back in the side it will cause friction for sure.
100%. ETH will look like a fake when he talks about team accountability. Working as a team etc.

romufc

Let him stay if he wants but he should have to earn his place in the team.
Ronaldo coming out and saying he wants to leave, United are not good enough potentially is good new for Manutd.
He threw a strop, decided to miss training because he is "bigger than the team", we have spent 2/3 weeks working on tactics, etc so I do not think that the fans will care if he is on the bench.

I can see Ronaldo loyalty running low, he can play in the EL with the kids.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
My worry as well. Its going to be carnage in the UK media if Ronaldo is on the bench for the opening games (if hes still here).

While Im trying to reign in my excitement about a fully operational and in form Rashford/Martial/Sancho being what will get us success this season, Id quite happily start the season with the 3 of them at this point based off pre season.

I love Ronaldo and have a weak spot for him but the team has to come first now.

My worry is that if he stays its still the Ronaldo show and my worry if he goes is that we dont have a plan b at the moment like we did with Cavani.
The United management is waiting for Ronaldo to pull the trigger so they can then go out an get another attacking option. We already lost Cavani and mason. And to 'lose' Ronnie, we would be way too think up front.

clarkydaz

Ronaldo coming out and saying he wants to leave, United are not good enough potentially is good new for Manutd.
He threw a strop, decided to miss training because he is "bigger than the team", we have spent 2/3 weeks working on tactics, etc so I do not think that the fans will care if he is on the bench.

I can see Ronaldo loyalty running low, he can play in the EL with the kids.
hopefully he can sit on the bench now without being pandered to

Real Name

That's what you get when you an ungrateful with zero awareness git Ronny. Great to see him offered around and nobody serious wanting him :lol:
It's amazing isnt it, Mendes is going all around Europe offering him, yet nobody wants him. I hope somebody will take him cause there's a real danger of him ruining what we got right now.

kitress

A sulking Ronaldo will be more damaging to the squad than being short up front
Only if the team is imploding. If they're play as well as they are now, people will be glad he's staying far away from it. The more he sulks while the team is playing well, the more pathetic he looks.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Martial has earned the spot as Ten Hag's striker, performing well this preseason while Ronaldo has been absent. Quite clearly Martial should be the one starting our first league game. The interesting scenario will be if Martial impresses in that first league game and keeps performing . Does Ten Hag drop a performing Martial to appease Ronaldo?

Status
Not open for further replies.