g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizeeGorilla20

Martial has earned the spot as Ten Hag's striker, performing well this preseason while Ronaldo has been absent. Quite clearly Martial should be the one starting our first league game. The interesting scenario will be if Martial impresses in that first league game and keeps performing . Does Ten Hag drop a performing Martial to appease Ronaldo?
That's exactly what will happen.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Why in the blue feck would Ronaldo be chatting to Piers Morgan? :lol:

Jesus Morgan is such a tit.

peridigm

The problem with Ronaldo is we have no idea how Ronaldo will perform in ETH's system. We have our guesses but if ETH brings him in straight away at the beginning of the season, it could set us back. We play our biggest rival 3 games in, we can't be fecking around with this crybaby at the start of the season. Let him sit on the bench if there are no takers. Letting him play just because his wages are high will have more ramifications should we tank our season just to appease his ego. I think he'll move on before the window shuts.

I’m loving my life

The problem with Ronaldo is we have no idea how Ronaldo will perform in ETH's system. We have our guesses but if ETH brings him in straight away at the beginning of the season, it could set us back. We play our biggest rival 3 games in, we can't be fecking around with this crybaby at the start of the season. Let him sit on the bench if there are no takers. Letting him play just because his wages are high will have more ramifications should we tank our season just to appease his ego. I think he'll move on before the window shuts.
This.

He needs to feck off.

Or the club needs to actually do something for the good of our footballing performance rather than revenue and merch, and help Ten Hag with the system implementation by mutually terminating this narcissists contract.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Lads, he literally sent a few texts messages of emojis and "thanks bro" to Morgan, fecking hell :lol:.

It's unlikely the tit is on the inside track of this story ffs :lol:

Christ Almighty

Renegade

His been paid 1.5m to chill in Portugal! Seriously the club need to do something now. His taking the piss.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Piers has been trying to convince Ronaldo that he should join Arsenal.

As ridiculous as that sounds - it's probably true.

They're old mates. As in, they legit are.
I can't believe Ronaldo and Piers Morgan are having an affair. What the feck is wrong with them? Both married and all. Disgusting behaviour.

LARulz

Morgan is a bullshitter but it's hilarious he said Ronaldo wants CL etc. so thinks Arsenal is a possibility

MrEleson

I might be...

"he is coming home"

The Arsenal part was probably a joke but I believe Piers was most definitely in contact with Ronaldo. He’s been trying his utmost to be friends with him ever since he did that interview. Begging under every social media post on Instagram.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I think Ronaldo will be a starter under ETH but if he isnt showing the motivation or doesn't buy in to what ETH want's to do it won't take long before he get's benched or even left out. ETH owes him nothing, has the backing as a newly appointed manager and his job is to win games and further build upon his project here and if Ronaldo doesn't give 100% he will face the consequences. ETH is not Ole.

That said, people acting like Ronaldo will be some sort of lost sheep in his system is nonsense. We all wrote of Tony years ago because he was, as the Caf all agreed to, a lazy feck. And now he's showing some flashes in pre season. Why can't Ronaldo do that exactly? As if Brobby and Haller pressed for 90 minutes. Brobby still struggles to even play a full game.

croadyman

I think Ronaldo will be a starter under ETH but if he isnt showing the motivation or doesn't buy in to what ETH want's to do it won't take long before he get's benched or even left out. ETH owes him nothing, has the backing as a newly appointed manager and his job is to win games and further build upon his project here and if Ronaldo doesn't give 100% he will face the consequences. ETH is not Ole.

That said, people acting like Ronaldo will be some sort of lost sheep in his system is nonsense. We all wrote of Tony years ago because he was, as the Caf all agreed to, a lazy feck. And now he's showing some flashes in pre season. Why can't Ronaldo do that exactly? As if Brobby and Haller pressed for 90 minutes. Brobby still struggles to even play a full game.
Still haven't that belief he will want to buy in, remember how Ole talked so buoyantly about Sanchez then bang SOLD

Someone

Something

I'm not worried about Ronaldo's performance if he stays, he's still capable of contributing and I was happy for him to stay a month a go. But he no longer can return now for a number of reasons:
  • Just when we were about to start a new era, an era where he could've been a leader and have a big positive influence on the team, he bailed, and he didn't even do it respectfully in private, he made sure the press is briefed that he wants a CL club, at a time when we're trying to convince top players to join.
  • He didn't show up for training, and people can believe all the BS about his personal issues all they like, dude is chilling and having a great time while we're paying him.
  • Now that the team is doing well in pre season, and we can sense a positive vibe from the squad again, how can he possibly walk back and expect to play? What kind of message would that send to the players who're currently doing well? And if he doesn't play for a while, which is obviously the right thing to do, what kind of reaction will we get from him?
Simply speaking, it's not about his ability as a footballer anymore, it's about the negative impact his return would have on the team. Him sulking will surely influence others and it'll create a divide again. We needed him to be positive, committed and to show leadership, but he failed us big time. At this point I'd discuss contract termination if nobody wants him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'm not worried about Ronaldo's performance if he stays, he's still capable of contributing and I was happy for him to stay a month a go. But he no longer can return now for a number of reasons:
  • Just when we were about to start a new era, an era where he could've been a leader and have a big positive influence on the team, he bailed, and he didn't even do it respectfully in private, he made sure the press is briefed that he wants a CL club, at a time when we're trying to convince top players to join.
  • He didn't show up for training, and people can believe all the BS about his personal issues all they like, dude is chilling and having a great time while we're paying him.
  • Now that the team is doing well in pre season, and we can sense a positive vibe from the squad again, how can he possibly walk back and expect to play? What kind of message would that send to the players who're currently doing well? And if he doesn't play for a while, which is obviously the right thing to do, what kind of reaction will we get from him?
Simply speaking, it's not about his ability as a footballer anymore, it's about the negative impact his return would have on the team. Him sulking will surely influence others and it'll create a divide again. We needed him to be positive, committed and to show leadership, but he failed us big time. At this point I'd discuss contract termination if nobody wants him.
This.

Strelok

feck off Ronaldo
feck off Ronaldo
If you want to go
Grow some balls and, oh
feck off Ronaldo.
That would be some chant if the twat doesn't leave :lol:

But don't worry he'll. To Atletico or Sporting by 30th Aug with reduced wages or more likely we'll have to pay a big chunk of that.

van Persie

That would be some chant if the twat doesn't leave :lol:

But don't worry he'll. To Atletico or Sporting by 30th Aug with reduced wages or more likely we'll have to pay a big chunk of that.
Rather have him in the stands for a year for discplinary reasons. Full of himself

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd make him sit on the bench and if he's being a cnut about it I'd send him to train with the reserves Winston Bogarde style. We'd be public enemy no.1 in Portugal but it would be worth it for the message sent. He'd soon play his way back in ahead of Martial anyway if he was on the bench and actually working for the team.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I wonder if this surprising place is Atletico. Surely not.
Ronaldo is done here and so is his legacy.

Hopefully he fecks off for a decent fee asap so we can buy another player.

ReallyUSA

Ronaldo is done here and so is his legacy.

Hopefully he fecks off for a decent fee asap so we can buy another player.
Legacy? Na. I think in ten years we will be disappointed, but he was amazing during his first run.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Legacy? Na. I think in ten years we will be disappointed, but he was amazing during his first run.
That he was, but he won't be considered a club legend by many. I anyways didn't consider him one but most didn't share my sentiment.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Hang on. Since when did Mrs. Doubtfire have anything to do with this? feck off Piers.
He doesn't. Ronaldo having this interview with him some years ago made Piers think they're besties. He's always like that, believing he's friends with the stars because they talked to him as part of their work. Hence his aversion to Meghan, she apparently didn't fancy it

Real Name

By the way did we get any concrete news on what his "personal" issues are that are stopping him from returning back to the club? There are still people who are using that there might be some "genuine" reasons for him to be still in Portugal(I believe the only reason is that he wants to leave).

It has been 3 weeks and we are almost nearing the end of pre-season surely we must have had some news by now on what his personal issues are?
There were posters who actually believed he's absent for personal issues. I'm not sure what are they saying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.