Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I keep reading that on the Caf but nowhere else, so that's clearly BS?!

I highly doubt he has a future at this club, tbh.
His only future involves him not being to ever hear his farts again once he goes to prison….and rightfully so.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We should propose a swap deal - Ronaldo with Antony.
Ronaldo will have his CL with Ajax and Antony and United will be happy too.

The Firestarter

The Greenwood talk is really weird. I can't believe people want him to play for the club again after THAT tape.
Why are you surprised , some people are actual sociopaths and put following football and their team winning as their absolute top priority in life.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Wouldn't be devastated to see him go but the hand rubbing around here is a bit much. Had a good season last season and has limited (maybe one?) years left at this level so I can't blame him for wanting out, even if the way he's doing it is classless.
I’m quite heartened at the response. Most of us see this situation for what it is and want him gone

I’d say going by comments in this thread and a few bits I see on Twitter it’s overwhelmingly in favour of him leaving as soon as possible

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
It's because only people on redcafe are so completely delusional and idiotic. There is absolutely no way Greenwood will return to Man Utd and if you believe he will you are a cretin. As always my 50£ bet for charity stands for anyone who thinks he will play another game for Man Utd. I have posted this about five times and nobody ever takes it up because everyone knows there's absolutely no path back for Greenwood.
As much as I agree with you and do not want him anywhere near the club ever again, if he gets found not guilty or no charges are brought United might bring him back advising he has been enrolled on some form of rehabilitation course to try and appease the backlash, he is young and has learnt lessons or some other made up nonsense.

Would we not have already terminated his contract if we were going to get rid of him guilty or not? I do worry about no charges being brought and we don't still get rid.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Renegade

I will have trouble believing this even if I see him wearing the Atletico shirt on live.
Why? You believe him to be loyal? He’d probably in city blue right now if Fergie and Rio didn’t blow his phone up.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I know nothing about job contracts in England. Don't you get in trouble if you don't go to work without any reason?

phelans shorts

As much as I agree with you and do not want him anywhere near the club ever again, if he gets found not guilty or no charges are brought United might bring him back advising he has been enrolled on some form of rehabilitation course to try and appease the backlash, he is young and has learnt lessons or some other made up nonsense.

Would we not have already terminated his contract if we were going to get rid of him guilty or not? I do worry about no charges being brought and we don't still get rid.
No, this would have left the club massively at risk of a wrongful dismissal claim if charges were dropped. As it stands we can release him and demand back every penny of the wages during his suspension, and let his contract just tick over until completion if it takes longer (and again take back all the wage money on being found guilty)

mshnsh

Absolutely. He carried us with his goals, it would have been even more depressing if he hadn't bailed us out with his individual quality.
He carried us to...6th position. Fantastic.

On a serious note, he was poor for large stretches of the season. The goals total just paper over it all.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That's clearly a lie. Messi had that infamous game with running less than the goalkeeper in 2018 or so. And he didn't average less kms than the keeper for a season, it was the 1 infamous game, I think it was a cup final between Barca and Real Madrid. I think Bale scored the winner for Real Madrid in that game.

Renegade

I’d take him on a year loan. He’s 31 - we shouldn’t be committing any more than that on his wages.
Found out today his actually still a Barcelona player. His on a 2nd year loan at Athletico.

We’d have to take Felix instead.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Because you know what 'ETH-football' is. He has played several different styles at Ajax alone, nevermind the rest of his career. It's insulting to act like he wouldn't be able to find a way to use Ronaldo more effectively than Fred the Red Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Ten Hag has come out and said his football is about pressing hard and all day long. These are words straight out of his mouth.

So yeah, the poster you quoted is right in assuming Ronaldo wouldn't be able to play Ten Hag football if it'll require him to press all day long.

MrEleson

Yep it’s true. There were also plenty of games circa 2014-16 where he was averaging just slightly more than the goalkeepers but by far the lowest running average on the team. Big games aswell. I don’t have time to dig them up right now but you can probably find something online.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We should propose a swap deal - Ronaldo with Antony.
Ronaldo will have his CL with Ajax and Antony and United will be happy too.
All Ajax would have to do is stop paying the rest of the XI to afford Ronaldo’s weekly wage. Seems legit

MrEleson

I think a happy ronaldo playing every other game and being subbed often would be great, but we know we won't have that.
I really don’t get why people are so affirmative Ronaldo wants to play every minute of every game. I don’t think it’s true at all. He moaned when being subbed against Brentford because he thought he could’ve grabbed a goal since the game opened up but I don’t see that as him wanting to play 90minutes all the time. Top players moan in those moments all the time, even average ones so I don’t see this exclusive to Ronaldo.

When Carrick benched him against Chelsea, didn’t see him complaining. Didn’t see him complain when Ole had him on the bench against Everton too.

As for the trips to portugal: if we’re to believe those reports were definitely true, I reckon that was more due to him having actual problems with rangnick more than anything else. If ianother coach he had a better relationship with was the one that decided to bench him, I doubt he would kick up a fuss.

He probably even wants to play less games at his age (preserve himself for the important ones) just like he did in his last 2 seasons at Madrid. Last season it wasn’t possible for him to be rotated as we literally had no options. If Ronaldo doesn’t play in any of the post January games; our line-up is a meh Sancho, a dreadful, horribly off-form Rashford and a very average Elanga. Thats a very underwhelming front 3 with hardly any goals in it. He literally almost always had to start with what we could field. And going by the latest briefs, he wants a team where he doesn’t have to be relied on all the time. So I don’t buy this “he wants to play all 90 minutes” narrative.

MrEleson

That's clearly a lie. Messi had that infamous game with running less than the goalkeeper in 2018 or so. And he didn't average less kms than the keeper for a season, it was the 1 infamous game, I think it was a cup final between Barca and Real Madrid. I think Bale scored the winner for Real Madrid in that game.
it wasn’t a season. True. But it was more than one game.

Last edited:

Morpheus 7

You don't just add individual goal numbers and get a team result.
Martial or Rashfords numbers will depend on where and how much they play, same with all the other players.
No one needs to 'replace' Ronaldos goals, we'll need to play better and more fluid in attack, that's important. And that'll be easier without Ronaldo I guess.
1 more goal from every outfield player and the loss of CR7 is already covered.
City didn't have a proper goal scorer since Aguero and still dominated the league.
Their leading scorers were Gündogan with 13 two years ago and KdB with 15 goals last season.
Lewandowski leaving Bayern won't result in minus 40 goals for them, we're not playing Fifa here..
Wow, just wow... Hard to know where to start with this. Like it or not, Ronaldo scored 18 goals in the league last season, basically carried us past the group stage of CL with 6 goals too. Feeding on absolute scraps, moments of individual brilliance majority of the time. I get people being upset with him whoring himself out across Europe/disrespect to the club but let's be rational. It's not a magic wand to replace them goals, implementing team goals and them numbers takes time. Especially with the lack of depth in midfield, fantasy land spreading the goals out with the current squad.

Wtf are you comparing us to Man City for too, yeah it's a team game and our squad are light years behind of city currently. You sound like you've playing too much fifa, magic wand fc under Ten Hag straight away. Ludicrous, some in here are being nonsensical. I'm open to Ronaldo leaving but with the proper replacement, it's an area we are desperately short in. We can't just get rid if it's going to make us weaker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nope, never was and never will be, the guy is a egomaniacal twat that’s only ever cared about individual glory and anyone who still thinks he’s a legend of our club is seriously fvcking deluded
You angrily ranting on redcafe doesn’t stop him being one.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's pretty obvious no serious club wants him and neither do we. Just a bunch of fanboys pretending he's not too old and not strategically obsolete.

Azhar88

Yes.

Ronaldo has the permission of the club though so nobody is in trouble.
He was allowed to miss the first part of the pre-season trip - yes (family reasons) and we know what they are and I have no issue with that, I'm sure all Utd. fans respect this.

However, we need him back and we really need him getting into condition and I would hope to see his name on the team sheet for the Villa game 23/7/22, if only on the subs bench for a ten-fifteen minute run out.

Yes, I know he looks after himself and seems to have the fitness of someone 5 years younger than his actual age. However, even a 33 yr old needs to work at getting ready for a new season, he can't just turn up and play and if he does, injury will likely be the result.

It is a tricky one of course. If he is fined for non-return (once his agreed extra-break has passed) then it risks forcing him out of the door and as I have hinted at, with really only Martial up front he is needed (unless there is a surprise in the transfer market that we don't yet know about). But if instead the club turn a blind eye - because he is who he is, well that risks causing disruption in the dressing room before the season even starts, we certainly don't want that.

Ultimately, I hope that Ronaldo being the consummate professional makes every effort to be ready for the start of the season. If he truly does have an affinity for the club, because that is where he made his name, he will, plus to not do so sets a bad example to younger players who need to know that nobody is bigger than the club, not even someone of his stature. If he doesn't return and prepare for the start of the 2022/23 season as I'm sure the Manager expects, deduction of wages (in a legally correct way of course under UK contract of employment law) must follow. In other words on the balance of risk: Ronaldo fined & leaving in a huff vs Ronaldo staying (no penalty) and causing disharmony amongst the team, I have to prefer the former and from the stuff I have seen about this new 'no-nonsense manager' so far, I bet he would be of a similar opinion.

Reactions: Sultan

swissgenius

Wow, just wow... Hard to know where to start with this. Like it or not, Ronaldo scored 18 goals in the league last season, basically carried us past the group stage of CL with 6 goals too. Feeding on absolute scraps, moments of individual brilliance majority of the time. I get people being upset with him whoring himself out across Europe/disrespect to the club but let's be rational. It's not a magic wand to replace them goals, implementing team goals and them numbers takes time. Especially with the lack of depth in midfield, fantasy land spreading the goals out with the current squad.

Wtf are you comparing us to Man City for too, yeah it's a team game and our squad are light years behind of city currently. You sound like you've playing too much fifa, magic wand fc under Ten Hag straight away. Ludicrous, some in here are being nonsensical. I'm open to Ronaldo leaving but with the proper replacement, it's an area we are desperately short in. We can't just get rid if it's going to make us weaker.
Haha, that's some proper Ronaldo worshipping right there.
It seems like he was our saviour after all, and must still be one of the most impactful strikers if he turned an average club into...6th?!
I wonder why no CL club wants to pay his wages then...

I see you didn't get my point. City was just one of many examples that don't rely on a single striker to carry them, I never compared us to City.
You don't know much about football if you actually think Ronaldo gone means we score 18 less goals and the rest stays the same.

Anyway, I hope we'll find out this season, seen enough of this toxic, selfish behaviour.

Morpheus 7

Haha, that's some proper Ronaldo worshipping right there.
It seems like he was our saviour after all, and must still be one of the most impactful strikers if he turned an average club into...6th?!
I wonder why no CL club wants to pay his wages then...

I see you didn't get my point. City was just one of many examples that don't rely on a single striker to carry them, I never compared us to City.
You don't know much about football if you actually think Ronaldo gone means we score 18 less goals and the rest stays the same.

Anyway, I hope we'll find out this season, seen enough of this toxic, selfish behaviour.
Absolute top red, you were suggesting if we get rid of Ronaldo goals would be spread out throughout the team(magically). Yeah Mc Fred ect are going to just start scoring loads because we will be so fluid, get a grip. It's being grounded in reality, the lack of quality and management is why we were lucky to finish 6th, be in the bottom half with Ronaldo last year. That can't be argued so don't bother.

We need a better squad and lack strikers, we'll struggle to score up top without Ronaldo, simple as. Like it or not he's still a great finisher and always gives a great return. It's not worshipping Ronaldo as you said, it's just not being a balloon saying the goals will be automatically spread out. If he goes we need to find a replacement, arguably two need to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.