Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Spot on, they've got zero room to be dictating anything at the moment

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Did he train today? Or are we still negotiating with him? And why are we negotiating? None of the clubs he wants to go to want him. We’ve received no offers for him. What are we negotiating about? Does Mendes expect us to find him a suitable club and giftwrap him for them? I’m indifferent to whether he stays or goes (largely cos I don’t want to start the season under the delusion Martial & Rashford will suddenly step up, and it’s too late to get anyone good) but I’m at a complete loss as to what the point of having meetings is at this point? He’s got nowhere to go, surely? What could possibly be being said in these meetings? Other than “how do you intend to be fit for the opening game?”

Any idea that we should re-up his contract or loan him out just to get rid is insane, Barca-level financial noncery. Either he finds a club, or he starts getting fit for the season. feck all reason for Fergie to be there unless he’s going to super saiyan hairdryer him into subservience.

Godfather

I'm completely indifferent as to how this pans out. I just hope he won't have a negative influence in the dressing room should he stay.

George The Best

Did he train today? Or are we still negotiating with him? And why are we negotiating? None of the clubs he wants to go to want him. We’ve received no offers for him. What are we negotiating about? Does Mendes expect us to find him a suitable club and giftwrap him for them? I’m indifferent to whether he stays or goes (largely cos I don’t want to start the season under the delusion Martial & Rashford will suddenly step up, and it’s too late to get anyone good) but I’m at a complete loss as to what the point of having meetings is at this point? He’s got nowhere to go, surely? What could possibly be being said in these meetings? Other than “how do you intend to be fit for the opening game?”

Any idea that we should re-up his contract or loan him out just to get rid is insane, Barca-level financial noncery. Either he finds a club, or he starts getting fit for the season. feck all reason for Fergie to be there unless he’s going to super saiyan hairdryer him into subservience.
Not convinced the Chelsea link is dead. Get a feeling that Mendes was after an unconditional release if he found a club and could block United’s veto.

Red_toad

Are reports saying he had.
I don't believe United are negotiating with him as he has a contract with the club and the club are saying he's not going anywhere else.
If Mendes wishes to move his client on, why would he expect United to find a club for him? As that's his job.

Anyways I hope all parties get whatever they want out of all of this. United a fee and Ronaldo his Champions league goals.

lsd

The Oracle
He trained on his own the first team had an indoors friendly I believe Erikksen scored

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its a hilarious miscalculation on his and Mendes' part. Embarassing situation for him that he can't actually get any CL club to sign him (and has now lost his spot at United). Unfortunately we have absolutely feck all for depth in attack, so better to keep him, but if there was anyone half decent we could get to be depth, I'd bin him in a second.

DutchCruijff

Is it Mendes' fault?

He does what his client dictates to him.

Ronaldo should shut up and get his head down and commit to United. We're literally the only club that (a) wants him around and (b) willing to extend his contract another year.

MUFC OK

I hope he goes. He is poison to a rebuild.

The love affair is over
So you're saying we should go with Martial and hope for the best, on the back of 3 goals in pre-season?

It would necessitate spending a huge amount on a striker.

clarkydaz

Is it Mendes' fault?

Ronaldo should shut up and get his head down and commit to United. We're literally the only club that (a) wants him around and (b) willing to extend his contract another year.
You would think they would have been so brazen only if they had a suitor up their sleeve, thats where they messed up

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So you're saying we should go with Martial and hope for the best, on the back of 3 goals in pre-season?

It would necessitate spending a huge amount on a striker.
No he's saying he hopes Ronaldo goes.He said it quite clearly. He didn't say anything about Martial. Are you seeing things?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is it Mendes' fault?

Mendes advises him and presumably will have convinced him he can get him to a top club in the CL.

mu4c_20le

Well I'm glad their fans acknowledge that it would be highly unlikely they win anything in the near future

MUFC OK

No he's saying he hopes Ronaldo goes.He said it quite clearly. He didn't say anything about Martial. Are you seeing things?
Yeah that decision has a reality though - let Ronaldo go and we are left with only Martial as a striker.

I'm not convinced by 3 goals in preseason.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yeah that decision has a reality though - let Ronaldo go and we are left with only Martial as a striker.

Yeah, but him saying he wants Rolando or whatever his name is, out is not necessarily advocating Martial.

I don't think anyone is convinced by 3 goals in preseason.

DutchCruijff

Mendes advises him and presumably will have convinced him he can get him to a top club in the CL.
I doubt that. Mendes is a wiley operator and knows the market.

Even I could have told you that Ronaldo's options were severely limited. Seems like delusion and desperation from Cristiano more than anything.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Even I could have told you that Ronaldo's options were severely limited. Seems like delusion and desperation from Cristiano more than anything.
You doubt that his agent - the person who’s job it is to get him a move - wouldn’t have advised him before his agent then leaked to all his media friends he wants to leave? Right. That makes total sense.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

Ronaldo will get his move, Mendes isn't an idiot. He'll accept a low enough salary for a decent number of champions league teams to take him.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
They're still butthurt that he's got two champions league wins over them and pretty much dominated them whenever he's faced them. Atletico are such a dirty team, ironic of them to speak about values.
Lighten up. He played for a rival, he's in the spotlight with nobody wanting him and they had a pop. That's how it works.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

You really think that we wouldn't buy a striker? If he goes, we are buying a new striker which would be great for us

MUFC OK

It’s funny but at the same time they realise their team represent everything awful about the game in how they dive, time waste and shithouse their way to victories? Humility my fecking ass.
Don't let @phelans shorts see this. He doesn't have an issue with it, all just part of the game apparently.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Pretty amusing isn't it, probably only one of those character traits that I agree on :lol:
Oh they couldn't care less about the validity of the content, it's just to amuse their fans and annoy Ronaldo. It's funny, and well deserved as he always visibly enjoyed scoring against them. It's fun. So odd to see people being defensive over it. Weirdos.

FatTails

There just isn’t a solution here that gives him the three things he wants:
- European team in the CL
- Team built around him and his deficiencies
- Team that can pay his enormous salaries

Many clubs would take him and satisfy two of the three conditions, but can’t think of a single one that would satisfy all three. He’s gonna have to pick what his priorities actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.