Not open for further replies.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
There just isn’t a solution here that gives him the three things he wants:
- European team in the CL
- Team built around him and his deficiencies
- Team that can pay his enormous salaries

Many clubs would take him and satisfy two of the three conditions, but can’t think of a single one that would satisfy all three. He’s gonna have to pick what his priorities actually are.
Underpants I hope.

DutchCruijff

You doubt that his agent - the person who’s job it is to get him a move - wouldn’t have advised him before his agent then leaked to all his media friends he wants to leave? Right. That makes total sense.
I doubt that Mendes has messed up.

I am saying Ronaldo's delusions have forced Mendes to look for a club and he is using tricks, such as leaking to the media, to help ensure his client goes elsewhere.

He is making the best out of a delusional situation.

tomaldinho1

I cant think of a situation thats happened like this before. Player pimping themselves out and met with unanimous disinterest, to the point clubs are making official statements saying ‘no’.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I see the ronaldo fanbois have retreated back into the woodwork.

Gandalf

I genuinely believe Todd Boehly led them on until Tuchel put his foot down.
Still think they are an option. If Barca keep buying their targets and they do let Ziyech and Werner go along with the Lukaku deal they are going to need some more options in attack. I also think Boehly may soon give TT a lesson in who is in charge when your club is owned by American investors. Boehly clearly wants to grow Chelsea as a brand in the still emerging North American PL market and as a businessman he is all to well aware of the value of a global brand like CR7, one of the few players Americans have heard of even if they don't watch football which I can attest to from personal experience.

MrEleson

I know the Bayern rumours have dragged but did anyone not read Kahn’s words closely?

Some weeks ago he was more dismissive of it but now he’s saying that he appreciates Ronaldo immensely but “a transfer wouldn’t suit their philosophy in the current situation.”

Maybe I’m reaching but for me that sort of signals it could be an economic issue and if Ronaldo was to lower his wages enough, the transfer could be a possibility

He also confirmed in the same interview that they discussed his acquisition intensely internally. So they definitely have considered whether they would sign him unlike what he was saying before.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Atletico's values are "generosity and humility"? Since when? They've been the biggest bunch of shithouses in Europe for ages.
Knowing when to admit that the opponent is stronger and go down is a sign of humility. They have been extremely generous to Mendes and allowed him to make a fortune with the weirdest deals in Football.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Still think they are an option. If Barca keep buying their targets and they do let Ziyech and Werner go along with the Lukaku deal they are going to need some more options in attack. I also think Boehly may soon give TT a lesson in who is in charge when your club is owned by American investors. Boehly clearly wants to grow Chelsea as a brand in the still emerging North American PL market and as a businessman he is all to well aware of the value of a global brand like CR7, one of the few players Americans have heard of even if they don't watch football which I can attest to from personal experience.
If he starts his time in charge of Chelsea by forcing a declining player with an ego the size of a planet on the coach, he will not be successful.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Atletico's values are "generosity and humility"? Since when? They've been the biggest bunch of shithouses in Europe for ages.
I do think they are a humble side. They have some supremely talented players who make no qualms about sacrificing their talent to play shithouse football.

Crashoutcassius

He has way overplayed his hand. I wish there were grounds for termination but clearly there aren't. Termination is best for us... But best for Ronaldo is stay under massive contract until he finds another option

Tbh I don't mind the option of him staying and playing as an impact sub since that is prob the role he suits. Kinda gives us a good excuse to play him as an impact sub for the season

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I know the Bayern rumours have dragged but did anyone not read Kahn’s words closely?

Some weeks ago he was more dismissive of it but now he’s saying that he appreciates Ronaldo immensely but “a transfer wouldn’t suit their philosophy in the current situation.”

Maybe I’m reaching but for me that sort of signals it could be an economic issue and if Ronaldo was to lower his wages enough, the transfer could be a possibility

He also confirmed in the same interview that they discussed his acquisition intensely internally. So they definitely have considered whether they would sign him unlike what he was saying before.

I don’t recall the full statement but when I read the tweet earlier on today I immediately thought/assumed he meant the team dynamic/playing style rather, as opposed to any economic means.

I actually think Ronaldo would lower his wage demands considerably for a club like Bayern, but I’m assuming there are loads of other factors: United wanting a transfer fee, Ronaldo would want to be first choice (not going to happen at Bayern), team style (pressing) etc.

We should actually have just terminated his contract mutually. I’m not looking forward to the drama he’ll bring this season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He and Mendes have dug such a hole that he’s gonna have to move to a club not in the Champions League. I don’t even think Newcastle would entertain the idea of taking him. It wouldn’t be a statement signing for them anymore…

DavelinaJolie

Jimenez is injured and Wolves loaned out Silva so they have no strikers. C'mon Mendes, do your magic.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
He and Mendes have dug such a hole that he’s gonna have to move to a club not in the Champions League. I don’t even think Newcastle would entertain the idea of taking him. It wouldn’t be a statement signing for them anymore…
Behave, he’d put them on the map, he’s literally more popular than the top 8 teams in Europe COMBINED but sure he wouldn’t put Newcastle on the map. He would be their owners’ wet dream as the whole point of buying Newcastle is sport washing. Having Ronaldo be the face of the team, what’s bigger than that?

pacifictheme

Whilst I do not blame them for not wanting him and he does not show humility he is quite generous. Loads of examples of him giving money to worthy causes.

Anyway, I want him gone, surely someone will come in for him.

GregM40

Got our nostalgia trip last season with him, some great goals and moments, but time to move on. Clearly wants to stat pad in the Champions League, he knew we didn't have a realistic chance of winning it last season. It's all becoming tiresome, not too unlike last time when we were desperate to keep him, not any more.

TOKUGAWA-X

Atletico fans are showing the way regarding Ronaldo.

Its a shame the United base hasnt given a clear stance like we dont want Ronaldo, time to sell him no matter what.

The club as usual reacts in slow motion and we could end up with a diva for the nex season.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would assume that you need an offer to request a transfer away from your current club.

MrEleson

I don’t recall the full statement but when I read the tweet earlier on today I immediately thought/assumed he meant the team dynamic/playing style rather, as opposed to any economic means.

I actually think Ronaldo would lower his wage demands considerably for a club like Bayern, but I’m assuming there are loads of other factors: United wanting a transfer fee, Ronaldo would want to be first choice (not going to happen at Bayern), team style (pressing) etc.

We should actually have just terminated his contract mutually. I’m not looking forward to the drama he’ll bring this season.
I agree with your assessment. It’s probably all these things that Bayern thought about tbh. And yeah maybe a mutual termination would best suit all parties.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This guy got standing ovation when we played vs Juve.
I still remember one post here;
"It is win-win situation. If we win great, if we lose, we will see Ronaldo back at OT".

Here is your hero. Shitting on this club again.

MrEleson

You’re kidding right?

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
I cant think of a situation thats happened like this before. Player pimping themselves out and met with unanimous disinterest, to the point clubs are making official statements saying ‘no’.
United were linked to Gaitan, every summer he was at Benfica. United and other clubs are linked to loads of other players every summer, and they never put out official statements declining it. Just goes to show how extraordinary this saga has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.