Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldo has an agreement with Chelsea, but Tuchel blocked it.

edit:
Only a 5% chance he joins Chelsea or Bayern.

DutchCruijff

He shouldn't be going for free at all. That's a laughable suggestion.

We've shelled out £15m ( fee) + £20m (salary) on him for just one year. That's £35m and we're expected to now let him go for free?

No way.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I can't believe the club isn't allowing him to leave. After everything he has done for the club he should be allowed to decide his own future. He has only 1-2 seasons left at this insanely high level he is performing at and he should be allowed to use his talent in the UCL. I hope Bayern realize they are making a mistake in not getting him, it's clear that they want him but are afraid of the reaction his arrival would have on the team due to his salary.
Chelsea seem like the only option right now. We should let him go if that's what he wants.
Creating account to wum. Bloody hell

Last edited:

red thru&thru

We've shelled out £15m ( fee) + £20m (salary) on him for just one year. That's £35m and we're expected to now let him go for free?

No way.
Agreed. We should get for him, what we'd expect to pay for someone like Sesko.

spiriticon

I think letting him go for free should not be an issue for us. We only paid 12m for him, he's already done a year, and we get his 400k wages off our books.

spiriticon

No way.
Letting him go for free means we save 20 million salary for this year.

We paid 12M transfer fee for him, and with him one year older now his current value must be half of that. Do we really wanna drag the club through the mud for 6M?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
This is weirder than the De Jong saga.

A guy with no offers is insisting to leave while his club is trying to persuade him to stay when he has nowhere to go.
They are exact opposite transfers if you think about it ….but with one common theme. Utd are being shafted

Giggsyking

SAF said he wouldnt sell Real Madrid a virus. The Bayern thing i believe is possible and are quietly waiting. Theres no reason to have a big standoff if nowhere to go
Can you tell us who is wanting him? He does not fit the Munich's philosophy according to their officials, and Atelteico Madrid's CEO said this is a joke. He is just making a scene to stay relevant in football. He does a similar trick every summer to be on the front page.

::sonny::

It was evident that United wouldn’t have played in championship league since October 2021

He wakes up late

MUFC OK

Oh god no. I am not a Martial fan merely live in hope he will ram my critiscism of him down my throat.

I am thinking more long term than one season!
Ah fair enough. AM has run out of chances for me in terms of being the solution in that position. Think he's shown in preseason he can still offer something to the squad.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I can't believe the club isn't allowing him to leave. After everything he has done for the club he should be allowed to decide his own future. He has only 1-2 seasons left at this insanely high level he is performing at and he should be allowed to use his talent in the UCL. I hope Bayern realize they are making a mistake in not getting him, it's clear that they want him but are afraid of the reaction his arrival would have on the team due to his salary.
Chelsea seem like the only option right now. We should let him go if that's what he wants.
No way you are a Utd fan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I get the feeling that Ten Hag told him that he won't have a key role and he won't build around him, so now Ronaldo is desperate to leave. Framing it as if he wants to play CL is better for his image than no longer being a key player or him doing poorly for a side not in the CL.

George The Best

I think letting him go for free should not be an issue for us. We only paid 12m for him, he's already done a year, and we get his 400k wages off our books.
I don’t think we’d want him to go to an EPL rival though, so we probably want to be in control of the process - hence not agreeing the transfer request. Bayern for free, yes. Chelsea, no unless they pay.

Greck

This is weirder than the De Jong saga.

A guy with no offers is insisting to leave while his club is trying to persuade him to stay when he has nowhere to go.
So much hype about turning a new leaf. Summer was supposed to be the biggest action speaks louder than words moment and the first thing we do is go back to big name muppetary and begging. Was easy to puff our chests against uncommitted players who were already leaving anyway.

Sviken

When is this fool going to find himself a club? I can't stand this drama.

lsd

The Oracle
No way you are a Utd fan.

Sounds like he had actually watched United which is more than I suspect of the people on here actually abusing the man for some reason.

It's really sad to me how utterly toxic or fanbase is. I had hoped at least that if we did stop being so successful it would weed those people out but somehow it made them even more toxic more entitled and far more bitter

edcunited1878

I get the feeling that Ten Hag told him that he won't have a key role and he won't build around him, so now Ronaldo is desperate to leave. Framing it as if he wants to play CL is better for his image than no longer being a key player or him doing poorly for a side not in the CL.
Ronaldo's summer departure was always in question once United crashed out of CL and couldn't get 4th place to secure CL for this season. It was a reason why he came back, plus to block City from getting him (even if that was a ploy to force United's hand more than City actually signing him).

And it's not really his image he's trying to protect, just more like he wants to be at the very top. And similar to the Chicharito video I posted yesterday, he's coming to the realization in his own terms that he's being phased out at the very top of the game because his talent is dwindling as is his overall impact to a seriously competiting side. It's just the reality for all top level athletes and this is his story, his realization.

Ronaldo has to suit the team and EtH, rather than Ronaldo being the focal point. A fully fit Martial is a more impactful player now, than current Ronaldo. Both have their issues, but learning how to play with a Martial type player with his skillset is much more beneficial going forward than trying to shoehorn Ronaldo.

Could careless what happens to Ronaldo this year or next. He was a lame duck after last season and here we are. I would like for him to stay and do what EtH asks of him, but it's up to the player to accept those terms and embrace it. The club is bigger than Ronaldo and whatever his end game is now at United, not bothered. Team will continue to evolve without him as we've seen for the past month or so.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ah fair enough. AM has run out of chances for me in terms of being the solution in that position. Think he's shown in preseason he can still offer something to the squad.
Signs of life alright but it's how he reacts to his first set back under ETH might define his chances long term. And there will be set backs

Status
Not open for further replies.