Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker

Pr masquerading as journalism has been the plague of the information age. It usually takes a certain degree of media literacy to distinguish it from actual news and people are duped by it routinely, but here we have it in the most conspicuous form.

Duncan Castles has been paying lip service to Mourinho (another Jorge Mendes client) for ages. His credibility as a media source is zero. The fact that the planted stories of supposed interest from big clubs were in this instance outright rubbished with public denials (which sadly doesn't happen nearly as often as it should) is just another nail in the coffin of his enterprise.

Yet here we are, with some of the people here still peddling the "but Atletico are interested cause I've read so". It's farcical.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Pr masquerading as journalism has been the plague of the information age. It usually takes a certain degree of media literacy to distinguish it from actual news and people are duped by it routinely, but here we have it in the most conspicuous form.

Duncan Castles has been paying lip service to Mourinho (another Jorge Mendes client) for ages. His credibility as a media source is zero. The fact that the planted stories of supposed interest from big clubs were in this instance outright rubbished with public denials (which sadly doesn't happen nearly as often as it should) is just another nail in the coffin of his enterprise.

Yet here we are, with some of the people here still peddling the "but Atletico are interested cause I've read so". It's farcical.

Castles is both a mouthpiece and yet has no credibility? Ridiculous. Castles has been a pretty solid ITK for years now

Member 101269

Ronaldo's summer departure was always in question once United crashed out of CL and couldn't get 4th place to secure CL for this season. It was a reason why he came back, plus to block City from getting him (even if that was a ploy to force United's hand more than City actually signing him).

And it's not really his image he's trying to protect, just more like he wants to be at the very top. And similar to the Chicharito video I posted yesterday, he's coming to the realization in his own terms that he's being phased out at the very top of the game because his talent is dwindling as is his overall impact to a seriously competiting side. It's just the reality for all top level athletes and this is his story, his realization.

Ronaldo has to suit the team and EtH, rather than Ronaldo being the focal point. A fully fit Martial is a more impactful player now, than current Ronaldo. Both have their issues, but learning how to play with a Martial type player with his skillset is much more beneficial going forward than trying to shoehorn Ronaldo.

Could careless what happens to Ronaldo this year or next. He was a lame duck after last season and here we are. I would like for him to stay and do what EtH asks of him, but it's up to the player to accept those terms and embrace it. The club is bigger than Ronaldo and whatever his end game is now at United, not bothered. Team will continue to evolve without him as we've seen for the past month or so.
It was a reasonable post until you typed this drivel You are comparing wishful thinking (Martial) with achievement (Ronaldo).

Moonwalker

Castles is both a mouthpiece and yet has no credibility? Ridiculous. Castles has been a pretty solid ITK for years now
Errr yes? That's exactly how it works. You are either a journalist or a mouthpiece for someone, can't be both.

LARulz

He can have whatever agreement he wants with any club he wants. Ultimately it's our decision. We aren't stupid and going to give him to any PL team so the Chelsea links baffle me

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can't believe he and his agent have the gall to roll up to Carrington, thinking they hold all the cards when no club wants him, and expect us to just let him leave however after spending the summer wasting our time, injecting cement into his dick or whatever to make it bigger, and driving a left hand drive car.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I can't believe he and his agent have the gall to roll up to Carrington, thinking they hold all the cards when no club wants him, and expect us to just let him leave however after spending the summer wasting our time, injecting cement into his dick or whatever to make it bigger, and driving a left hand drive car.
I still like Ronaldo, but the hubris on that guy is real

TsuWave

Hopefully this is a learning moment for the club and CL qualification every season becomes the minimum standard

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Ronaldo's behavior is ridiculous. At the same time, the club hierarchy really screwed up in letting things get this far. They know who he is and what he is like. As soon as CL qualification became impossible, ETH and Murtaugh should have sat down with Ronaldo/Mendes, explained their plans, and figured out whether Ronaldo was going to be part of those next steps or not. It's ridiculous to be in this position where the season is about to begin, the star striker wants out, but the club hasn't laid the groundwork to replace him and lots of good strikers have already moved clubs this window.

zenith

What does he even want us to do. I mean go by all means, but no one's even willing to stump up 10 million for him, forget those astronomical wages

MrEleson

Letting him go for free means we save 20 million salary for this year.

We paid 12M transfer fee for him, and with him one year older now his current value must be half of that. Do we really wanna drag the club through the mud for 6M?
According to transfrmarket, he’s still worth around €30M

Blood Mage

I hope we find a buyer for him. No excuse for the club to not go out and spend some fecking money on an attacker then.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ronaldo's behavior is ridiculous. At the same time, the club hierarchy really screwed up in letting things get this far. They know who he is and what he is like. As soon as CL qualification became impossible, ETH and Murtaugh should have sat down with Ronaldo/Mendes, explained their plans, and figured out whether Ronaldo was going to be part of those next steps or not. It's ridiculous to be in this position where the season is about to begin, the star striker wants out, but the club hasn't laid the groundwork to replace him and lots of good strikers have already moved clubs this window.
Thing is there weren't lot of strikers available . Haaland and Jesus won't join us. Nunez was never a realistic target for us . Rest all meh options.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hopefully Spalletti will grant his wish and we sign Sesko as the mid to longterm option.

mshnsh

There just isn’t a solution here that gives him the three things he wants:
- European team in the CL
- Team built around him and his deficiencies
- Team that can pay his enormous salaries

Many clubs would take him and satisfy two of the three conditions, but can’t think of a single one that would satisfy all three. He’s gonna have to pick what his priorities actually are.
Add to that the fact that no one wants to pay for him and there is no way United let him go for free.
Atletico's values are "generosity and humility"? Since when? They've been the biggest bunch of shithouses in Europe for ages.
They do play dirty but all the players play for the team with humility rather than for their personal glory. I'm afraid, Ronaldo's character means that the only people who admire him are fans of clubs he played for and those who support the Portuguese national team. And even amongst these fans, the adulation is far from universal.

The thing with Ronaldo throughout his career is that others have always had to do the dirty work so that Ronaldo can get his stats/glory. Add to that the selfishness, the diva attitude, the petulance, the refusal to celebrate teammates' goals, the attention seeking behaviour etc and you get a hateable player.
"Failed to change his mind"... Well... where does he want to go? His option is basically going to Sporting and sacrificing his salary. United isn't and should not be topping up his wage just for him to play elsewhere because he doesn't want to be here. feck him, agree a mutual termination if that's what he wants and just save the wages. Don't pay him shit, see how badly he wants to go.
Better option keep him and let him rot on the bench in a WC year. Thar would be more punishing.
I can't believe the club isn't allowing him to leave. After everything he has done for the club he should be allowed to decide his own future. He has only 1-2 seasons left at this insanely high level he is performing at and he should be allowed to use his talent in the UCL. I hope Bayern realize they are making a mistake in not getting him, it's clear that they want him but are afraid of the reaction his arrival would have on the team due to his salary.
Chelsea seem like the only option right now. We should let him go if that's what he wants.
I hope this is sarcasm.

Last edited:

Jev

Thing is there weren't lot of strikers available . Haaland and Jesus won't join us. Nunez was never a realistic target for us . Rest all meh options.
Yeah, it's a bit funny how people speak of Nunez as if he there's any chance he would have picked us over Liverpool. It's not that big of an issue anyway. Buy any forward, such as Antony or Memphis or whoever, and Martial and Rashford should be just enough as no. 9 options for a transition season in a fluid attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.