Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengt

It's just a random bloke on twitter making up rumours. Get your heads out the clouds ffs :lol:
I don't want to believe it either but with Glazers and their yes-men in charge, I wouldn't cross it out so fast

Hester_manc

Ronaldo should see it as his biggest challenge to get United back on track. Go in front with EtH and be a proper legend. Sad really.
Ronaldo`s focus has always been on Ronaldo, when we talk career. At least so it seems to me. And there's nothing wrong with that - that's fair enough. But he could well have announced much sooner that he wanted to leave United. He could see very early that we weren't in the top 4 and yet he talked about next season.

MrEleson

I think Ronaldo has gone past being driven solely by competition to a degree. Yeah, he still wants to win but he is purely a numbers man now he's on the final straight of his career. All that matters to him is goals. records.
I think he definitely wants to add to his trophy tally too - especially when he sees Messi picking up easy titles in France.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think he definitely wants to add to his trophy tally too - especially when he sees Messi picking up easy titles in France.
Yeah I'm sure, that will carry on but they're both on that downward slope now so will be happy to be still battling at clubs in lesser leagues as long as those numbers keep going up.

GazTheLegend

Here's a unique take:

Ronaldo just lost a child in April. The other is due in October. The media has lied endlessly ever since the start of the window, and endlessly continues to lie about us. Google (player name) man Utd and there will be a lie. Maguire has been similarly torn APART and incited our own fans against him after a good season 2 years ago getting us 2nd place.

Let's see what the truth really is before we turn on our own (although clearly it's too late now.)

Mainoldo

Here's a unique take:

Ronaldo just lost a child in April. The other is due in October. The media has lied endlessly ever since the start of the window, and endlessly continues to lie about us. Google (player name) man Utd and there will be a lie. Maguire has been similarly torn APART and incited our own fans against him after a good season 2 years ago getting us 2nd place.

Let's see what the truth really is before we turn on our own (although clearly it's too late now.)
I don’t think you gave us any take there at all :lol:

GazTheLegend

I don’t think you gave us any take there at all :lol:
The take is:. Don't base your opinion of a person on what the mass media tell us. Even the BBC will lie when it comes to Manchester United or Cristiano Ronaldo because they enjoy the interest it generates (and the BBC hates us because Alex Ferguson boycotted them from 2004-2011, they can get their revenge now).

mshnsh

Yeah I'm sure, that will carry on but they're both on that downward slope now so will be happy to be still battling at clubs in lesser leagues as long as those numbers keep going up.
Messi will be back to Barcelona next season and will retire there.

jameyzane

People will gobble us his damage limitation tactics and go with the "media is all lies" route Ronaldo is spouting and why not? No one truly trusts the media? He's played this game too many times. But let me tell you, what is true is that Ronaldo has made clear he wants to leave, he is partly why we are where we are today, he knows his influence will wane with a tough manager who wouldn't placate his megalomaniacal ego, same as with Juventus. We are not fooled. He should be sold and done with. No excuses for a return or to destabilize a team on the way up.

mshnsh

The take is:. Don't base your opinion of a person on what the mass media tell us. Even the BBC will lie when it comes to Manchester United or Cristiano Ronaldo because they enjoy the interest it generates (and the BBC hates us because Alex Ferguson boycotted them from 2004-2011, they can get their revenge now).
Wishful thinking. Ronaldo wants to leave which is why he and Mendes had a meeting at United. The problem is very likely that United won't let him go for free or some idiotic loan arrangement. And no club is willing to pay a decent fee for him plus his wages due to his age, declining powers and the current economic conditions.

Had the stories in the media been lies, he would've shot them down fast like he did with the Sporting Lisbon one.

Sviken

Hope the club doesn't bend down on this. As much as I like to see Ronaldo leave, no loan or free deals here. Either pay up 10-15 million or nothing. Why should we do Ronaldo any favors? When has he done us any favors?

alexthelion

I completely agree with a lot of you here. He was one of the few people that gave a s**t last year. It was a miserable dressing room. And I'll wait until I hear him actually say anything about actually leaving before feeling like he's some unbelievable traitor. Some of the media stories are probably partly true, but a lot of them are just total speculation. So making an opinion towards his actions based on 20% of the facts just does't do anyone justice. Maybe he's being a massive prick, but maybe he's just looking for other options and working well with the team to work things out with everyone on the same page...and the severity is getting totally blown out of proportion.

But I also feel like theres no scenario that we can let him leave on the free. None. A contract is a contract. We hired him for a job for two years. He either needs to play this year under our circumstances, or leave under our circumstances. If he was worried he wouldn't make the CL he shouldn't have come (and probably should have joined a lesser league than the PL). We need to make a stand against this kind of crap now. He can always retire.
Oh Jesus Christ, his fanboys will come up with any crap just to excuse their idol.

AussieDevil

I said it at the start of this saga and I’ll say it now, the journalists are blowing this out of proportion and United fans are probably only behind Arsenal as the most fickle, so they eat it all up.

Im sure he isn’t happy here and if he got a good offer from Bayern or a return to Madrid then he would take it. But if people truly believe that he is so desperate to leave and join Atletico, Napoli or Roma which have all been listed alongside Bayern and Chelsea, then you guys must either be Messi fanboys or just delusional. The guy just lost a child, and his mother had a stroke, so does it not make sense that he is would take time off to stay in Madrid to get with his partners family who live there and then spend time in Portugal with his mother who resides there?

Are we seriously going to believe Romano, Luckhurst, Stone etc over Ronaldo, the manager and the club ?

The Firestarter

I said it at the start of this saga and I’ll say it now, the journalists are blowing this out of proportion and United fans are probably only behind Arsenal as the most fickle, so they eat it all up.

Im sure he isn’t happy here and if he got a good offer from Bayern or a return to Madrid then he would take it. But if people truly believe that he is so desperate to leave and join Atletico, Napoli or Roma which have all been listed alongside Bayern and Chelsea, then you guys must either be Messi fanboys or just delusional. The guy just lost a child, and his mother had a stroke, so does it not make sense that he is would take time off to stay in Madrid to get with his partners family who live there and then spend time in Portugal with his mother who resides there?

Are we seriously going to believe Romano, Luckhurst, Stone etc over Ronaldo, the manager and the club ?
What has Ronaldo stated so far about his willingness to stay, that we should believe over the journalists ?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very likely.

ETH told him what he'd expect from his #9 for example pressing and if Ronaldo can't do that he's sorry but Ronaldo won't start. So Ronaldo threw his toys and told Mendes to find him a new club thinking he's still hot shite. Turned out he's no longer hot, only shite. This explain why he wanted out so late despite it's clear that we won't have CL football this season months ago.

ETH of course won't tell the press that he doesn't want Ronaldo as his #9. If so the media and Ronaldo's fans will blame him. Imagine all the drama and the pressure to perform of he did so. Any draw or lost the subject "if you have kept Ronaldo blah blah" would be brought up again. He keeps saying he wants Ronaldo and Ronaldo is in his plan to avoid that. He doesn't lie he only does not tell the whole truth. He has a plan for Ronaldo only not as his starting #9.

United of course don't want to be blamed either so they just play along. They also want a fee as well that's why they keep saying they want Ronaldo to stay.

Of course all the above is only my opinion but it does explain everything I think.
Just wow.:lol:

Abraxas

Utterly ridiculous he's playing no part in preseason and we're paying the guy a fortune.

Rolaholic

Utterly ridiculous he's playing no part in preseason and we're paying the guy a fortune.
Wish we would fine him tbh, Lewandowski made it quite clear publicly that he was leaving but he still didn't miss training or preseason regardless.

Same for any big player with exit rumors, even Neymar hasn't missed a training session but his royal highness is above it all apparently

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He wants to go to Sporting just to play 6 Champions League games? And how much does he realistically think he can score in a Sporting team? 5 in 6 games?

SAFMUTD

He wants to go to Sporting just to play 6 Champions League games? And how much does he realistically think he can score in a Sporting team? 5 in 6 games?
No way they can afford his wages, I mean I don't think they can even afford half of them.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
No way they can afford his wages, I mean I don't think they can even afford half of them.
Of course not. Which is why we shouldn’t sanction a move unless a team can cover his wages in entirety. Don’t care about getting even a transfer fee but his wages need to be off the books if he decides to leave.

Mainoldo

It’s not complex. Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Manchester United. That’s all that matters.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Stricly talking about this circumstance here, so what are we supposed to base our opinion on then? It's being reported by every reputable source that the man is desperate to leave the club to the point where he would take a big pay cut, AND go to Atletico Madrid, despite being a Real Madrid legend.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

They've all said that he wants to stay? Must have missed that.

MrEleson

Stricly talking about this circumstance here, so what are we supposed to base our opinion on then? It's being reported by every reputable source that the man is desperate to leave the club to the point where he would take a big pay cut, AND go to Atletico Madrid, despite being a Real Madrid legend.
Yeah every journalist has conceded he wants to leave but not everyone has reported the Atletico Madrid rumours.

Still yet to see Fab indicate he wanted to head there. He only posted about their president dismissing the rumours.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
Ronaldo doesn't owe Manchester United anything, he did as much as he could for Manchester.

However, I do wish people will now realize that the current Ronaldo is overrated. No big team wants him, he definitely wants to leave but none of the team that are serious about the CL wants him.
The reason for that is obvious which people just neglect. Ronaldo is a player that score goals but is a passenger without the ball.

Betson

This saga is really testing the ETH's 'No superstars everyone gets treated the same' philosophy of coaching.'

MrEleson

Ronaldo doesn't owe Manchester United anything, he did as much as he could for Manchester.

However, I do wish people will now realize that the current Ronaldo is overrated. No big team wants him, he definitely wants to leave but none of the team that are serious about the CL wants him.
The reason for that is obvious which people just neglect. Ronaldo is a player that score goals but is a passenger without the ball.
Other teams don’t want him because he’s ancient. We’re talking about the best of the best sides in Europe. They usually don’t even sign players above 30 and Ronaldo is almost 40.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah every journalist has conceded he wants to leave but not everyone has reported the Atletico Madrid rumours.

Still yet to see Fab indicate he wanted to head there. He only posted about their president dismissing the rumours.
I don't think he's going to end up at Atletico personally, but that's because I don't think they want him. However (and this is just my opinion), I think he would go to Atletico if they were open to it, just like he was willing to go to City.

Renegade

Doesn’t owe us anything? We’re paying him half a million quid a week. He owes us his service and professionalism for 1 more season.

Status
Not open for further replies.