Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbasformerbarber

Oh Jesus Christ, his fanboys will come up with any crap just to excuse their idol.
I'm hardly a fanboy. I just think two things:

- I don't get the sense Ronaldo is being unreasonable here. He has a desire and he's working behind the the scenes to see if he can reach it. He's not speaking publicly or complaining. And for all we know, his extended leave might very well have been for personal reasons. Who knows. So if he's working with management and everyone is on the same page, why be upset at him? Management can say piss off, or work with him. This really is not the huge temper tantrum a lot of people are making it out to be since we know very little of the true details. Much of the media reports are total speculation.

- I firmly believe you have to set precedent here as a club. You cannot, under any circumstance, sell a player like Ronaldo to a PL rival or cancel his contract. I'd gladly sell him anywhere else that wants him, but part of managing a club is setting boundaries and policy. We can all happily speculate he'll ruin Chelsea today with no evidence...but you could equally speculate he will score a brace against us at OT to sink us to 5th in April.

pogbasformerbarber

I'm sure I'll be labeled a "fanboy" for this...but two things can be true at the same time. He could want to leave because we are in a rebuild year and have no CL...and...he could also want to play and contribute if that scenario doesn't work out. I know everything becomes black and white on the cafe but there is the possibility of some nuance here...

I think if he was hell bent on leaving head be much more public about it. I think his #1 option would be to leave, but I doubt he's going to kick up some massive fuss internally that rots the team if it doesn't happen. Just my 2 cents...

Revaulx

Here's a unique take:

Ronaldo just lost a child in April. The other is due in October. The media has lied endlessly ever since the start of the window, and endlessly continues to lie about us. Google (player name) man Utd and there will be a lie. Maguire has been similarly torn APART and incited our own fans against him after a good season 2 years ago getting us 2nd place.

Let's see what the truth really is before we turn on our own (although clearly it's too late now.)
Wake up sheeple: the media is controlled by J̶e̶w̶s̶ Messi.

Alemar

No idea who this guy is
What would it even mean? If he doesn’t leave he won’t get a pay cut? Isn’t it logical that if he doesn’t leave the current contract remains active (so salary doesn’t change)?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Is it happening, @SportingCP96 ?
The news is circulating in Portugal as well but in my opinion unless their is a reputable source reporting it then I don’t believe it. However I’m sure United would try to include Ronaldo in a possible deal but the most plausible would be Ronaldo buying out his contract and coming here.

I have also heard news that Dortmund have submitted a formal bid with Ronaldo taking a significant pay cut BUT once again no note worthy reporters have come out with this.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
The news is circulating in Portugal as well but in my opinion unless their is a reputable source reporting it then I don’t believe it. However I’m sure United would try to include Ronaldo in a possible deal but the most plausible would be Ronaldo buying out his contract and coming here.

I have also heard news that Dortmund have submitted a formal bid with Ronaldo taking a significant pay cut BUT once again no note worthy reporters have come out with this.
How would you feel about him returning to Sporting?

Rolaholic

They can't afford his normal wages and the manager is already said to have reservations.

A return as a glorified vanity project definitely sounds like a recipe for success...

SportingCP96

Supports
How would you feel about him returning to Sporting?
It would break the internet and would be astronomically advantageous for our league and Sporting.

Ronaldo at Sporting would put out name all over the world and the branding and marketing would be insane not to mention the shirt sales and storylines of him coming home that come with it.

Sporting would also be huge favorites for the title by adding Ronaldo to an already talented squad and potentially start a major power shift in Portugal. Ronaldo would score 40 goals quite easily in Portugal I reckon.

For our league it would also be huge as every stadium in the country would be packed to see him play. Just as an example I have Porto and Benfica fans who said they would go to Sporting games in near by towns just to see Ronaldo up close.

It would be HUGE for Sporting and our league.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It would break the internet and would be astronomically advantageous for our league and Sporting.

Ronaldo at Sporting would put out name all over the world and the branding and marketing would be insane not to mention the shirt sales and storylines of him coming home that come with it.

Sporting would also be huge favorites for the title by adding Ronaldo to an already talented squad and potentially start a major power shift in Portugal. Ronaldo would score 40 goals quite easily in Portugal I reckon.

For our league it would also be huge as every stadium in the country would be packed to see him play. Just as an example I have Porto and Benfica fans who said they would go to Sporting games in near by towns just to see Ronaldo up close.

So a team that would genuinely appreciate him. Hope it happens, think everyone would win in this scenario!

SportingCP96

Supports

They can't afford his normal wages and the manager is already said to have reservations.

A return as a glorified vanity project definitely sounds like a recipe for success...
The news about Amorim having reservations is nonsensical and terrible reporting per usual by the media. Their is not a manager in our league that would say no to Ronaldo.

If anyone believes Amorim would rather play out the season with Paulinho then Ronaldo then they should start realizing that not everything you read in the media is true.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'd feckin love this. And we met them in the Europa and absolutely smashed them.
Chances are Ronaldo would score the goals home and away that knock United out while doing the famous “siuuuuu” in front of the stretford end ;)

Gabriel Alves

Supports
Hi guys!

As a Portuguese citizen, a Sporting fan and a United supporter, I am not pleased with the way Cristiano is dealing with his professional goals and personal needs.

The way United fans welcomed him back was wonderful and they deserved anything but this.

However, I can't help but feel excited about the remote possibility of a return home (to my home at Sporting). The truth is that narcissistic starlet attitudes are being excused as long as there is a dream that remains alive and you look at him as a legend. You've been through this and I think you understand me.

I don't know if, due to the lack of international media and the linguistic barrier, you became aware that about a week before Cristiano missed his appearance in Manchester he made a video for Sporting fans, congratulating us on the 20th anniversary of our youth academy with his name.
In this video, where he addressed affection, he ended up saying in an enigmatic way that he "had the great desire to meet us soon".
Since then, all Sporting fans have been watching this telenovela with great hope for his return but at the same time feeling ashamed for the way he is managing the situation.

I would be surprised if he actually returns to Sporting because his egocentricity would make you think that his choice would tend towards more money and a bigger stage, however we see more and more doors closing on him and in fact the statements in this video are the only ones in which he publicly said something that could be interpreted as an intention for his professional future.
Also, his whole family has been in Lisbon most of this summer and there has been talks about this children being enrolled in schools in Lisbon and that Cristiano Jr is very close to signing for our youth team.
In the last 2 years he has been building a mansion worth 20 million in the Cascais area with the intention of living there.

I will continue to watch this film with one wish above all: whatever happens, when he speaks publicly again he will be able to clean up his image, respect his legacy and all his admirers who loved and defended him during his rise to stardom.

I apologize for my English. My Portuguese is much better.

This is the video I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ilv1Fpj5-NM

Reactions: Sultan

bakalhau

I'm Benfica but I'd consider getting a season pass just to watch him, and the stadium is 5 minutes away from my home, just icing on the cake. I'd rather he stays at United though for some reason, I guess I just love United as well and would prefer to continue watching one of my favorite teams alongside Ronaldo. I would also like to try to commit the crazyness to go to Old Trafford and watch a game there.

It'd definitely be huge for our league for all the reasons you mentioned and for your lot as well. But as you said too, I hardly believe it's going to happen. At least not now. Maybe in 2-3 years.

Edit: Agreed with you on the media as well, Portugal's media just as bad as the English. I'm not saying every news out there is fake, but the better portion of it is, and it's a such a shame seemingly so many people are just taking everything at face value, thenforming an opinion of him based on that. And when he says something, everyone dismisses it like he's just flat out lying. It's like the world is upside down.

As I said here before I don't enjoy talking much during Ronaldo's off season, there's too much noise about the dude out there. If there's a move coming, I'll know right before it happens, the reporting from the media will be different than what we're getting right now, and I'll know things are for real that time. If nothing happens and he stays, he'll be professional about it as he's always been in his career, and I wouldn't be surprised if he and United perform better than last season, together.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm Benfica but I'd consider getting a season pass just to watch him, and the stadium is 5 minutes away from my home, just icing on the cake. I'd rather he stays at United though for some reason, I guess I just love United as well and would prefer to continue watching one of my favorite teams alongside Ronaldo. I would also like to try to commit the crazyness to go to Old Trafford and watch a game there.

It'd definitely be huge for our league for all the reasons you mentioned and for your lot as well. But as you said too, I hardly believe it's going to happen. At least not now. Maybe in 2-3 years.
I tend to agree with this. Ronaldo at 37 in Portugal is still a cheat code and not fair. We are talking about a guy who was the third top scorer in England and did not look out of place even at his age.

I feel this is part of the reason I don’t see him coming back yet, he knows he still has more to give in a better team.

I will say it again, I am convinced he will play until he is 42 and I would not be surprised if he was coming off the bench in 2026 USA. Just to break another record and be in the news all over the states.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I tend to agree with this. Ronaldo at 37 in Portugal is still a cheat code and not fair. We are talking about a guy who was the third top scorer in England and did not look out of place even at his age.

I feel this is part of the reason I don’t see him coming back yet, he knows he still has more to give in a better team.

I will say it again, I am convinced he will play until he is 42 and I would not be surprised if he was coming off the bench in 2026 USA. Just to break another record and be in the news all over the states.
:nervous:

bakalhau

Ronaldo is way above our league's level, that is true. That's also why I don't think it's the right time yet, as you said. And also as you said, it's bonkers any coach from a Portuguese team wouldn't take him. He'd just eat the defenders up for breakfast. Any coach here would want him. But you know what CMTV is like, amongst other media here in the country.

Zoo

beIN SPORTS sources: Napoli interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo

SportingCP96

Supports
Ronaldo is way above our league's level, that is true. That's also why I don't think it's the right time yet, as you said. And also as you said, it's bonkers any coach from a Portuguese team wouldn't take him. He'd just eat the defenders up for breakfast. Any coach here would want him. But you know what CMTV is like, amongst other media here in the country.
Between Portuguese media and the English I don’t know which one is worse. Then again if you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will eventually stick and their are very gullible people.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
BREAKING NEWS - Ronaldo Decides to Shit the Bed.

Serial moaner, part time waxworks sculpture and man who would definitely felate himself if he didn't have literally the world's smallest penis Cristiano "Used to Advertise Suzuki Swifts" Ronaldo has assessed his options and decided that he will voluntarily shit his own bed unless United let him leave for free.

After being approached for comment, a United spokesman told the Daily Muppet that Ronaldo "can shit his bed at much as he wants. I hope his bowels movements are better than the forward fecking runs he tried last season."

SportingCP96

Supports

beIN SPORTS sources: Napoli interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo
Napoli would be a move that would make me think Ronaldo is pushing the spectrum hence why this is most certainly yet another bs story.

Also that Napoli team is shocking, at that point just go to Sporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.