Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely Tony Martial's head will drop again now. Will be interesting to see his body language and effort tomorrow, in the past when he's realised he had competition for his spot he has completely zoned out and turned to shite...
He surely didn't think he'd cruise back in after a crap loan and be the big man here?

He'll be lucky we don't take his squad number off him for when we sign some reserve right back.

Trequarista10

I get the sentiment of hostility towards Ronaldo, but honestly pragmatically I think we need him to stay. We are desperately short of options upfront. There aren't many forward options available, and signing those that are is made harder when we're out of the CL. Sesko would be a nice signing but he'd be one for the future. There's more for us to gain by keeping him for a further season. He can help us secure a return to CL, we can work ahead to the next transfer window to secure a first choice CF.

Ronaldo's relationship with United has also been one of mutually beneficial one. We offered him the chance to play in a top league for a top side, we helped him on his way to becoming one of the best players in the world. He gave us a CL and three league titles in a row. Of course he developed affection for the club, but ultimately he had his own goals and aspirations which saw him pursue the move to Real. His return was a further opportunity for him to play for a top side, in exchange for a high profile signing for us and much needed goalscorer. We aren't a top side currently, haven't competed for trophies, so inevitably he would look at the possibility of moving. I wouldn't expect anything else.

Ultimately it seems it will suit both parties that he stays. There's not a better offer for him elsewhere, we don't have the time or ability to replace Ronaldo with the suitable quality this summer. So the mutually beneficial relationship will be extended for another year. It is what it is.

TrueRed79

It was all going grand, in my opinion, till we signed this cnut again. This is not an endorsement of Ole at that time. Or diminishing Ronaldo's achievements in any way. Just can't understand why we signed him again...Oh yeah, insta clicks etc...I'm pretty sure ETH is finding out how the circus operates by now.

saik

Ah ffs, please Bayern take him. You know you want to especially after Lewa left. I don't want his shit anywhere near United.

I know they reiterated multiple times they don't want him but he can do a job for a year for them until their other prospects become ready.

Also, "King"? Seriously?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If he's willing to play Ten Hag ball and adapt to it then I have no issue having him back. My skepticism isn't even about Ronaldo being unable to maintain Ten Hag pressing football over the course of a game, my worry is Ten Hag somehow unknowingly or maybe knowingly compromising on his style of football to accommodate Ronaldo, that's where my issue would be.

Hopefully if Ronaldo is unable to maintain Ten Hag energetic style of playing, the latter would simply bench/rest him instead of compromising his philosophy to suit the former.

Orange Tree

The only outcomes if he stays are us failing to qualify to CL again and he leaves.
Or we do qualify, and we will have a 38 - 39 year old Ronaldo next year with his ego not happy when benched.

Do people have any confidence that the board will back ETH if they actually clash?

And we are definitely not spending big money on an actual striker when we have Ronaldo on 500k.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Surely Tony Martial's head will drop again now. Will be interesting to see his body language and effort tomorrow, in the past when he's realised he had competition for his spot he has completely zoned out and turned to shite...
If he can’t handle competition from a supposed finished 37 year old then maybe football at the top level just isn’t for him. I really hope the obscene wages we’re paying him help him deal with it, the poor thing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Even after Ronaldo gets match fit again, Erik wont automatically start him.

That is when the 'trouble' will start.
There will only be one winner I believe, I don't think Ten Hag will tolerate any upheaval in the dressing room.

lsd

The Oracle
It was all going grand, in my opinion, till we signed this cnut again. This is not an endorsement of Ole at that time. Or diminishing Ronaldo's achievements in any way. Just can't understand why we signed him again...Oh yeah, insta clicks etc...I'm pretty sure ETH is finding out how the circus operates by now.

I was not aware that only Ronnie's haters on here know what Ten Hag is feeling and can back up their arguement by bringing his viewpoints on the market into it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Even after Ronaldo gets match fit again, Erik wont automatically start him.

That is when the 'trouble' will start.
Even under Fergie, we had players sulking or hate each others. We still kept winning though. Every other players just kept performing on high level.

So many posters keep this mantra that, oh.. if Ronaldo stays, everything will start crumbling. I mean, what one new-ish player like him can do to the whole team?
He's swinging his cock and make other depressed or what?

If one player sulking can make player A and B perform like amateurs or disinterested, you need to question the later two mentality. We need to get rid of these weak mentality players if we want to start winning again.

Maybe players should start taking responsibility if their performance is bad, instead of looking for a scapegoat? And it's the same with us as fans.

TOKUGAWA-X

I guess Ronaldo has finally realized no other big club wants him and now he is acting like he wants to play for United.

Thanks Woodward, you left us with the diva.

dove

Before signing him last year literally anyone could have predicted this will happen. Now we are stuck with self obsessed 37 year old who thinks he is bigger than the club and will do his best to ruin any kind of progression under ETH. Getting rid of him is clearly best for the team but unfortunately I can't see us easily doing that, he definitely gives us a lot in terms of marketing which has been the primary goal of this club for the past 10 years.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Before signing him last year literally anyone could have predicted this will happen. Now we are stuck with self obsessed 37 year old who thinks he is bigger than the club and will do his best to ruin any kind of progression under ETH. Getting rid of him is clearly best for the team but unfortunately I can't see us easily doing that, he definitely gives us a lot in terms of marketing which has been the primary goal of this club for the past 10 years.
How can Ronaldo ruin any kind of progression under EtH? by demand to play but can be easily denied by EtH?

TheReligion

Abusive
Why will he do his best to ruin things under Ten Hag and the clubs progression?!

He’s a serial winner.

Revaulx

He will be disruptive if he doesn't start. His Portuguese clique.
Dalot’s loyalty will be to ETH, who clearly rates him. Why should he jeopardise his newly revived career?

Bruno? Ronaldo gets in his way, and stole his penalties.

The Brazilians? Telles is toast. I doubt if Fred’s bothered. Pereira has gone.

The player who appears to have the closest relationship with Ronaldo is Elanga.

Red Swede

And so it begins… the showing of what we’re in for if he’s not allowed to move. Trying to upstage the club and be the main focus, as if he isn’t already without him posting s*^t like that. Pathetic to read his previous post saying that the press always has to write stories about him etc…As if that isn’t what he wants by the sounds of it!!??

Real tragic to see things end like this. He really doesn’t care about what the club or the fans think or feel.. There is a million ways to do this in a better way. Just trying to wrap my head around why he is doing this. Call me naive but I thought United and us fans meant something to him. It’s mental….rant over..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Dalot’s loyalty will be to ETH, who clearly rates him. Why should he jeopardise his newly revived career?

Bruno? Ronaldo gets in his way, and stole his penalties.

The Brazilians? Telles is toast. I doubt if Fred’s bothered. Pereira has gone.

The player who appears to have the closest relationship with Ronaldo is Elanga.
True. Ronaldo stays or leaves shouldn't affect how the team is progressing. If some players keep playing like buffoon, it's not because Ronaldo stays; it's because those players are just buffoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.