Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDane

Gotta laugh.
If you don't laugh, you'll cry...
Typical and awful. I really don't want to see Ronaldo for us anymore, but who else?
Rashford in the middle og Garnacho out left? Could work perhaps.

djembatheking

I've wondered if some of those criticising him leaving, are the same sort of people who turn their backs on the team and walk out of OT after 80 mins, whether we're winning or losing.
Hypocrisy or double standards?

I am surprised so many make the 80th minute with some of the laclustre displays been served up the last few seasons .

Skills

Snitch
You are assuming city would of got to the semi with him in the team.
I don't think Ronaldo has the self awareness to realise they wouldn't. In his mind, he would've been the difference between them winning it and getting knocked out of the semis

The Firestarter

I don't think Ronaldo has the self awareness to realise they wouldn't. In his mind, he would've been the difference between them winning it and getting knocked out of the semis
He would have been the difference between a measly PL title and the quadruple. In his mind.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A talk on Ronaldo's future.

Melissa Reddy calling out Kaveh Solhekol is too funny, around the 19th-minute mark.
She seconds it but I have heard from more than one journo that he had a bit of a strop when Ten Hag gave an instruction against Rayo. Did anyone else hear it?

Real Name

She seconds it but I have heard from more than one journo that he had a bit of a strop when Ten Hag gave an instruction against Rayo. Did anyone else hear it?
Oh no no, it was a normal conversation and he's a winner so he has a right to second thought managers decision anyway, didn't you get the memo.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I've wondered if some of those criticising him leaving, are the same sort of people who turn their backs on the team and walk out of OT after 80 mins, whether we're winning or losing.

A post worthy of your username.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
ugh....what a shit situation

Martial we really needed you this time

Oranges038

Are they talking about this?

He is talking to a few of the players and Ronaldo is part of a group. It's normal interaction between players and a coach, anyone who says otherwise has probably never played a game in their life.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

He is talking to a few of the players and Ronaldo is part of a group. It's normal interaction between players and a coach, anyone who says otherwise has probably never played a game in their life.

He didn’t respond well. I think that’s clear.

Kostov

Yes this is prime example of how players should behave, I think this video should be taught and installed through our academy system, I bet every manager from now to eternity will love to see it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Yes this is prime example of how players should behave, I think this video should be taught and installed through our academy system, I bet every manager from now to eternity will love to see it.
Ronaldo didn't want instructions from Mourinho or Sarri. He might be right in that regard that he knows best himself how and where to apply himself best on the pitch. Footballers with high IQ on the pitch are the ones that need the least instructions.

Berbaclass

Ronaldo didn't want instructions from Mourinho or Sarri. He might be right in that regard that he knows best himself how and where to apply himself best on the pitch. Footballers with high IQ on the pitch are the ones that need the least instructions.
Didn’t have enough IQ to realise nobody wants him though did he.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I find this whole Ronaldo stuff really sad. Wish he'd done all his stuff more quietly. As pissed off as I am about the disrespect he's shown to the club, supporters and manager, he's a great player and this is not the way to do things. Now he's been ridiculed and/or downright inviting hostilities from several parties. Doesn't he have any one around him to point this out to him? A legacy is made up of different things, not just records. For all that he's achieved, he really needs to settle down and find some dignity.

Needs to respect Ten Hag and listen to him. Can't think any potential suitors for whenever that may be will be enthusiastic about taking on a petulant player and al the headache that comes with it.

Best thing he can do is keep his head down and just trust the manager knows how to get the best out of him. I do wonder if he's afraid he will fail in this kind of system? Unfortunately, most coaches nowadays have a system of some sort where you don't have 100% freedom so you need to adapt.

The whole episode is bloody disappointing.

Kostov

Who cares what the hell Ronaldo wants? What kind of broken logic or excuse are you trying to bring up on here for a past his best 37 year old Ronaldo. If ETH feels that Ronaldo should be given instructions, than he needs to act at least professional not trying to undermine his new coach.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Footballers with the highest IQ on the pitch tend to be the ones who heed the managers tactical instructions the most.

Oranges038

He didn’t respond well. I think that’s clear.

This sort of thing happens in almost every game. Manager tries to tell player what to do, player tries to make a point back. Bit of a discussing and posturing and neither ends up looking happy.

The only reason it's been made an issue is because it's Ronaldo, it's Man Utd and ETH is the new guy in charge. It's the media and idiots once again over hyping any little thing about Utd and Ronaldo to get clicks.

It's to be seen as a big Ronaldo vs ETH moment, to see who is the alpha. When in reality it's nothing more than a normal match day interaction between a coach and a player.

Berbaclass

This sort of thing happens in almost every game. Manager tries to tell player what to do, player tries to make a point back. Bit of a discussing and posturing and neither ends up looking happy.

The only reason it's been made an issue is because it's Ronaldo, it's Man Utd and ETH is the new guy in charge. .It's the media and idiots once again over hyping any little thing about Utd and Ronaldo to get clicks.

It's to be seen as a big Ronaldo vs ETH moment, to se who is the alpha. When in reality it's nothing more tha a normal match day interaction between a coach and a player.
Okay mate sure.

Revaulx

I find this whole Ronaldo stuff really sad. Wish he'd done all his stuff more quietly. As pissed off as I am about the disrespect he's shown to the club, supporters and manager, he's a great player and this is not the way to do things. Now he's been ridiculed and/or downright inviting hostilities from several parties. Doesn't he have any one around him to point this out to him? A legacy is made up of different things, not just records. For all that he's achieved, he really needs to settle down and find some dignity.

Needs to respect Ten Hag and listen to him. Can't think any potential suitors for whenever that may be will be enthusiastic about taking on a petulant player and al the headache that comes with it.

Best thing he can do is keep his head down and just trust the manager knows how to get the best out of him. I do wonder if he's afraid he will fail in this kind of system? Unfortunately, most coaches nowadays have a system of some sort where you don't have 100% freedom so you need to adapt.

The whole episode is bloody disappointing.
Mendes. His failure to manage this whole saga has been a disaster for Ronnie’s reputation. I can’t understand why people aren’t calling him out more.

Kostov

The only reason it's been made an issue is because it's Ronaldo, it's Man Utd and ETH is the new guy in charge. It's the media and idiots once again over hyping any little thing about Utd and Ronaldo to get clicks.

It's to be seen as a big Ronaldo vs ETH moment, to see who is the alpha. When in reality it's nothing more than a normal match day interaction between a coach and a player.
As I said it's a prime example of how a model professional should behave. Especially after refusing to turn up for training and pre season.

Some of you lot, deserve every bit of embarrassment that Woodward, Arnold, Glazers, Ronaldo, Pogba, Lingard and plenty other cnuts have been serving you the past 9 years.

troylocker

I'm probably one of Ronaldo's biggest critics on here, but I agree: This is absolutely nothing. Happens everywhere on all levels all of the time. No big deal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Mendes. His failure to manage this whole saga has been a disaster for Ronnie’s reputation. I can’t understand why people aren’t calling him out more.
Yeah, his miscalculation is still surprising to me. However, doesn't Ronaldo have any one else around to give him some good advice?
I mean I obviously will never know what it's like to be a superstar athlete :lol:, so can't even begin to understand what their mindset is. I guess keeping yourself grounded means surrounding yourself with the right team. An agent like Mendes shouldn't be the one with the most influence imho.

He can still redeem himself and his reputation though, if he just acquires some humility,.

And imagine all the support he's always received from us, and he still decides to treat us like this. Think we need to be more like Barcelona - treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen :D

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Are we being paid 500.000 to stay?

Oranges038

As I said it's a prime example of how a model professional should behave. Especially after refusing to turn up for training and pre season.

Some of you lot, deserve every bit of embarrassment that Woodward, Arnold, Glazers, Ronaldo, Pogba, Lingard and plenty other cnuts have been serving you the past 9 years.
It's not a prime example if anything, it's just normal interaction between players and coaches that happens during nearly every game at all levels with all types of players.

And he was out for personal family reasons, that were never fully disclosed. Almost all reporters including the club and several players have stated that. Nobody has disputed it, except a few cnuts on here who think losing a child is no big deal and it should be all forgotten about after a few weeks.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes, when this "saga" first began, I immediately thought: okay, so they have a buyer lined up. That's what this is. Just a matter of negotiating a bit - then Ronnie's gone.

Clearly not, though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The problem is that having missed preseason and training under a manager who has a very distinct, and collective orientated approach to the game, he needs to learn exactly what is expected of him in his role and how he needs to function within the team. He’s obviously a football genius but it’s still imperative that he understands exactly how he’s meant to act on the pitch in this new system.

Having said all that I don’t think the video is particularly damning, he looks like a bit of a knob but it’s not an uncommon reaction either.

Herman Toothrot

Fine, though I'd rather stick Rashford out left and play a false 9. If he's staying, then hopefully, Ronaldo can do us the decency of getting ready for the season. On Sunday you could hear his bones creaking from the back of the quadrant,

manutddjw

I bet he’s mad at the club because we’re not going to loan him and more importantly pay his wages. If he wants to leave so bad, he should man up and take a pay cut. At least then some club might be interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.