Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
We really didn’t need to sign him last year. Now we’re set back couple years more with this twats drama.

Loony BoB

Fine, though I'd rather stick Rashford out left and play a false 9. If he's staying, then hopefully, Ronaldo can do us the decency of getting ready for the season. On Sunday you could hear his bones creaking from the back of the quadrant,
Would rather Garnacho come in than Elanga, personally. Sancho right, Garnacho left, Rashford up front. Or Garnacho up front if he has any value there, and Rashford on left, idk.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Out of interest, why did he leave Madrid for Juventus? Was it his choice, or Madrid just took their last shot to get a huge fee?
Wanted an extension at even higher wages, wanted Madrid to pony up whatever he owed the Spanish government in taxes, rumored that he instructed his media surrogates to criticize Flo for not publicly supporting him while he was dealing with tax issues.

mshnsh

[
I definitely think Real winning the CL without him hit his ego. He'll feel in his mind that he was the reason a lot of those players ever won it in the first place.

Out of interest, why did he leave Madrid for Juventus? Was it his choice, or Madrid just took their last shot to get a huge fee?
If he thinks that they won only because of him than he is suffering from grandiosity. He played his part as the goalscorer but that Real Madrid team was very strong. After all he doesn't creat his own goals, he is spoon fed or poaches them. Add to that the luck Madrid generally have in the competition.

He left Madrid because he wanted a pay rise but the president was having non of it. He thought he could make any good team champions league winners instead a team that was previously knocking on the door of winning the competition ended up losing to Lyon, Ajax and Porto.

Lewnited

Lets not cut off our nose to spite our face... a quarter fit Ronaldo up front with Rashford in his normal position isn't great, but serviceable.
Elanga anywhere on the pitch with Rashford up front is destined for failure

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I honestly have not changed my stance on wanting him to leave despite Martial's injury. Just move him on.

GoldanoGraham

I’d love us to take a punt on Garnacho, he’s so much better than Elanga.
Yes likewise - raw and full of youth could be a surprise package for a few games.

Will be really upset if we play a non-fit Ronaldo after all his tantrums.

After all, that’s how we ended up finding Rashford.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Indeed. With Martial being injured, no new forwards, this might be important.
Was the inside info genuine, btw?

Not asking for details - and not taking the piss.

Just asking, poster to poster - you were serious about that?

Trex

De Gea
Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
Mctominay Fred Eriksen
Sancho Rashford Fernandes

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Was the inside info genuine, btw?

Not asking for details - and not taking the piss.

Just asking, poster to poster - you were serious about that?
Yes, genuine. I PM’d another poster the details because he asked. If you PM me then I’ll fill you in.

RedDevil@84

If Ronaldo is fit, he should be played. It will be stupid to miss out on some goals, just because he is an ass.

RuudTom83

ETH needs to trust the kids...the crowd will back him.

Ronaldo's attitude makes him unreliable.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As for Luckhurst - who knows what he knows.

But the obviously right approach from ETH is to - simply - treat Ronaldo as a piece of the puzzle.

Play him as needed based on what he's capable of delivering.

The key here isn't ETH, though. I don't doubt him whatsoever - he has done nothing to make me doubt him.

The key is that IF he decides to play Ronaldo less than Ronaldo likes - he's backed up by Murtough and (ultimately) Arnold.

All this should be obvious - but feck knows what will actually happen if Ronaldo stays.

Idxomer

De Gea
Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
Mctominay Fred Eriksen
Sancho Rashford Fernandes
I think this would be the best given the circumstances with Fernandes and Rashford interchanging positions.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think ten Hags comments are being blow out of proportion. He’ll speak to the players and likely the club staff who sanctioned the early exit, nothing more. It’s not like they walked out of an important game or anything. Most of them hadn’t even played, if it wasn’t for Ronaldo I don’t see the problem personally.

the_cliff

He can't play on the wing either but what are the options? Go back to Rangnick's 4-2-2-2?
Play Eriksen as a wide attacking midfielder and Bruno 10, Rashford up front.

Eriksen Rashford Sancho
Bruno

A lot better than Bruno false 9.

As long as Shaw overlaps Eriksen to create the width it will work.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Though I would always back Ronaldo up top over Rashford, it could be a huge win if Rashford plays and scored. Then no pressure on ETH to play Ronaldo, and he is in full control. It's a big risk though.

I think ETH is not going to drop Ronaldo to be petty and if he does it will be for the best interest of the team.

Craig Kinghorn

I honestly have not changed my stance on wanting him to leave despite Martial's injury. Just move him on.
Me too.I’d rather start Phil fecking jones up front than bringing Ronaldo straight back into the team and inflate his ego even more.He thinks the rules don’t apply to him.I think his teammates would be glad to see the back of him aswell.

RedDevil@84

There needs to be an extremely strong message this season that you can't be an ass no matter who you are.
If that were the case, we should have signed someone and let him go. Given that our club management (not necessarily the manager) is not keen on that, it is best to utilize the guy.
There is no point in forcing him to stay, pay him silly money and benching him, just to show who is the daddy.

Revaulx

Yes, when this "saga" first began, I immediately thought: okay, so they have a buyer lined up. That's what this is. Just a matter of negotiating a bit - then Ronnie's gone.

Clearly not, though.
Unless Ronnie has become such an egomaniac that he’s switched off to all advice and has just told Mendes to do what he’s told, however daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.