Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Hilarious that he is now being blamed for destroying the supposed confidence built up in pre-season. We beat Liverpool's third team and a nobody Aussie side, with the help of flukes and own goals. We didn't look so great against the Spanish sides - and if our confidence was so easily shattered, doesn't sound like there was much of it or that it was that strong or realistic.

To me, Ronaldo looks the only one angry at performances and embarrassed by them - like SAF would be. But, hey let's blame him for shockingly bad defender and almost non-existent goalkeeping

SER19

I assume what he means is that in 2 weeks he'll be doing an interview at a new club. If not, he could just clarify it all now

buchansleftleg

Because he will create his own version of the truth once he knows where he is going...at the moment he can't be sure. Ronaldo's massive ego will have to ensure he is the "Hero" of his story, whatever the outcome.....Predictions of how he will try and spin it....

Stays at United - All of Media speculation is all lies - He never wanted to leave and he continues to be a model professional working hard to return the club to past glory. (this will be his least preferred option - but he will be hoping to become "player manager" at some point if EtH goes / gets sacked).

Moves to new Club - Exciting new challenge, time for a change - wanted it to work at united but will make negative comments about United owners standing in his way / doing the club down to curry favour with fans and try and heal reputational damage.

Moves to Sporting / Other previous club - Desire to be home in World cup year - coming back to his spiritual home...Family comes first...He has nothing left to prove! - will angle for Portugal manager role.

"Wow that Ronaldo - what a guy!" - Piers Morgan et al

He will make himself the humble hero!.

Pronewbie

Peep
Hilarious that he is now being blamed for destroying the supposed confidence built up in pre-season. We beat Liverpool's third team and a nobody Aussie side, with the help of flukes and own goals. We didn't look so great against the Spanish sides - and if our confidence was so easily shattered, doesn't sound like there was much of it or that it was that strong or realistic.

To me, Ronaldo looks the only one angry at performances and embarrassed by them - like SAF would be. But, hey let's blame him for shockingly bad defender and almost non-existent goalkeeping
Yup.

MrEleson

Well sure - everyone was talking about us competing for the title before the start of the season and soon as he came, no one started performing except him which led us to being number 6.

Sure do I think we would have won the title? No, but to be above 6? Yes.

We were a counterattacking team that had got built over 3 years & we panic bought Ronaldo.

Ronaldo playing counter attacking football.

:lol:
Your last sentence shows just how little you know.

Ronaldo is one of the best counter attacking players around - yes, even at his advanced age.

His 2nd of his 1st set of goals on his return against Newcastle was literally from a swift counter-attacking move.

This here literally happened just 2 weeks before he signed for us:

And that’s some real binary thinking if you genuinely believe all the players decided to stop playing because of his presence. Look at our midfield it’s utter garbage. Ditto the defence and goalkeeper. Those departments don’t hold a candle to any of City, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea. The other teams that finished ahead of us (Tottenham & Arsenal) we’re simply better coached. But I guess these are all nuances that you either can’t grasp or just choose to ignore.

Ronaldo was responsible for this school ground stuff wasn’t he:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Your last sentence shows just how little you know.

Ronaldo is one of the best counter attacking players around - yes, even at his advanced age.

His 2nd of his 1st set of goals on his return against Newcastle was literally from a swift counter-attacking move.

This here literally happened just 2 weeks before he signed for us:

And that’s some real binary thinking if you genuinely believe all the players decided to stop playing because his presence. Look at our midfield it’s utter garbage. Ditto the defence and goalkeeper. The those departments don’t hold a candle to any of City, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea. The other teams that finished ahead of us (Tottenham & Arsenal) we’re simply better coached. But I guess these are all nuances that you either can’t grasp or just choose to ignore.

Ronaldo was responsible for this school ground stuff wasn’t he:

Yes make our Counter attack more obvious by sending every pass to Ronaldo!

We had Martial and Cavani as our forwards and that shows how much a difference in counter attack we were when we bought Ronaldo!

Anyway mate you don’t really see that and I don’t feel like talking about Ronaldo to someone who is known to be riding him even when he is smacking you on the face!

Enjoy his time here and take care

Joel Miller

The guy can do anything and he’ll always come away smelling like roses to his many *****. His attitude stinks, he’s only interested in himself, cannot wait to see the back of him.

MrEleson

Yes make our Counter attack more obvious by sending every pass to Ronaldo!

We had Martial and Cavani as our forwards and that shows how much a difference in counter attack we were when we bought Ronaldo!

Anyway mate you don’t really see that and I don’t feel like talking about Ronaldo to someone who is known to be riding him even when he is smacking you on the face!

Enjoy his time here and take care
I don’t understand why you think every pass will be sent to him. I literally just posted a video showing him starting the counter and not being the one to finish it.

And the two you mentioned are a bad example. Martial proved he sucked away from this environment on loan to Sevilla.

But yeah, let’s just agree to disagree then. Have a good day.

Bebestation

I don’t understand why you think every pass will be sent to him. I literally just posted a video showing him starting the counter and not being the one to finish it.

And the two you mentioned are a bad example. Martial proved he sucked away from this environment on loan to Sevilla.

But yeah, let’s just agree to disagree then. Have a good day.
Martial and Cavani are able to make our counter attack complex because of their ability to hold up the ball and bring others in to play.

Ever since Ronaldo has come we have lost any sort of ability to play cohesively except a predatory way for Ronaldo.

If Ronaldo was this complete striker then he would have played as a striker when he was younger.

He isn’t - so he played only as a striker as he got older and had less abilities to rely on.

I see the same shit for Portugal national team - for sure he is a useful player, but comes with such an legend based ego that he must start every match even though it slows down how a new Portugal team can play. He comes off and the team play like a totally different country.

MrEleson

Martial and Cavani are able to make our counter attack complex because of their ability to hold up the ball and bring others in to play.

Ever since Ronaldo has come we have lost any sort of ability to play cohesively except a predatory way for Ronaldo.

If Ronaldo was this complete striker then he would have played as a striker when he was younger.

He isn’t - so he played only as a striker as he got older and had less abilities to rely on.

I see the same shit for Portugal national team - for sure he is a useful player, but comes with such an legend based ego that he must start every match even though it slows down how a new Portugal team can play. He comes off and the team play like a totally different country.
Why didn’t martial do any of the things you mentioned on his loan spell? And why did Cavani decide to take the season off? And why did we struggle even when Ronaldo didn’t play last season (even when Cavani got starts)?

Again you’re looking at this from one angle only. You’re still not addressing the dross in midfield, defence and goalkeeper. What does DDG & Maguire’s unprovoked cock ups that cost crucial points have to do with Ronaldo?

And Ronaldo didn’t play striker when he was younger because he was obviously more suited to a wing or inverted forward role.

Kag

He’s being blamed because he’s behaving like a bellend.

Bebestation

Why didn’t martial do any of the things you mentioned on his loan spell? And why did Cavani decide to take the season off? And why did we struggle even when Ronaldo didn’t play last season (even when Cavani got starts)?

Again you’re looking at this from one angle only. You’re still not addressing the dross in midfield, defence and goalkeeper. What does DDG & Maguire’s unprovoked cock ups that cost crucial points have to do with Ronaldo?

And Ronaldo didn’t play striker when he was younger because he was obviously more suited to a wing or inverted forward role.
A striker with no hold up play leads to direct attacks on our own goalposts.

This is what happened and when we turned to shit.

It happened even recently where Ronaldo tried to hold the ball, fell and then it led to an attack by the opposition on us whilst we were open to an attack. Led to a goal.

humdinger

He obviously thinks the situation will be different in two weeks time otherwise he would just say his piece now. Sounds like he’s still expecting to leave the club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I am not a huge fan of the way Ronaldo is handling all this but I think it's fair to say he's really not the villain in all this. The board and owners are. Let's not forget that. Don't be brainwashed.

MrEleson

A striker with no hold up play leads to direct attacks on our own goalposts.

This is what happened and when we turned to shit.

It happened even recently where Ronaldo tried to hold the ball, fell and then it led to an attack by the opposition on us whilst we were open to an attack. Led to a goal.
So Ronaldo not holding the ball up is what caused the clownery between Maguire & DDG that I posted above?

The whole of last season you were going on about pressing but now his lack of hold up is what made us finish 6th.

And yeah he made an error against Brentford but that should never have led to a goal the way it did. Another colossal feck up by DDG.

AndySmith1990

I am not a huge fan of the way Ronaldo is handling all this but I think it's fair to say he's really not the villain in all this. The board and owners are. Let's not forget that. Don't be brainwashed.
They are a bigger, long term problem. He's a short term problem. He's not absolved from behaving like a cnut just because the owners are cnuts too. Many people at United are contributing to the mess we're in and they all deserve criticism directed their way.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

So you've never looked at any of the other players or listened to any of the interviews they've made then?

Just because Ronaldo looks like he got a note telling him that his hair looks bad every time something goes against him on the pitch doesn't mean he's the only one who is angry and embarrassed. This BS that he's the one who really cares and the rest can't be bothered is so tiring, especially when the one who supposedly cares the most is the one trying his hardest to leave, because that's apparently what real winners do when things get tough.

Bebestation

So Ronaldo not holding the ball up is what caused the clownery between Maguire & DDG that I posted above?

The whole of last season you were going on about pressing but now his lack of hold up is what made us finish 6th.

And yeah he made an error against Brentford but that should never have led to a goal the way it did. Another colossal feck up by DDG.
Thanks that’s another problem and shows he wasn’t just some single problem to us.

Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, Cavani, James, Sancho was much better at counter attacking and countering cohesively than sticking a 38 old Ronaldo on the middle of it all.

Anyway, I’m done. Ronaldo wins, he has been successful at both his striker clubs - whilst many many still see a problem. I’m just one of those many.

Enjoy his time here and hope he stays long as possible for his fan base.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He would probably score a bag full or halffull, but he would not make them any better than they are. He would still have the worst pressing numbers in Europe, would probably stink up the place there too and they would probably struggle to get top 4.

I think it impossible for us not to improve on those last two performances, so yeah. That's an easy bet.

Are you a Manchester United fan?
he isnt wrong! What are you implying with your question?

MrEleson

Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, Cavani, James, Sancho was much better at counter attacking and countering cohesively than sticking a 38 old Ronaldo on the middle of it all.
Most of those players form fell of a cliff so there’s no guarantee they would have been doing the same stuff last season as the season before. I mean, Sancho was hugely underwhelming last season and his skill-set isn’t even best utilised in a counter-attacking set-up. Rashford & Martial were just plain awful (the former could barely control a ball at times).

You’re acting as if football follows a linear pattern. Just because the club finished 2nd the season before doesn’t mean it was gonna do it again (especially when considering a huge number of factors).

I’m not even saying Ronaldo is faultless. He had his problems last season but he’s far from being the reason the club finished 6th.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They are a bigger, long term problem. He's a short term problem. He's not absolved from behaving like a cnut just because the owners are cnuts too. Many people at United are contributing to the mess we're in and they all deserve criticism directed their way.
Again I will repeat. Not happy with how he is dealing with it but in the grand scheme of things with the club....it's just one more thing.

Ronaldo will be remembered as a Utd great no matter. This fans now need to come together to tackle the real problem. The owners.

Cypriot

Again I will repeat. Not happy with how he is dealing with it but in the grand scheme of things with the club....it's just one more thing.

Ronaldo will be remembered as a Utd great no matter. This fans now need to come together to tackle the real problem. The owners.
Not so sure about that one anymore - and I'm someone who thought he was a god and can do no wrong!

He's really tarnished his United legacy this year if the reports are true.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Maybe you’re not reading the threads carefully. There tons of people that think he’s the sole cause.
"Tons"

Yeah, alright mate. I think everyone can see how dishonest you've been throughout this thread. You continue fighting the good fight for your boy, though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's quite mental thing to say. You either never follow anyone of them over past 12-24 months, or you are just comparing their brief peak with aging Ronaldo.

Rasford (past 18 months) - runs into defenders legs in almost every move, by far our worst outfield player on the pitch (either him or Maguire)
Martial (past 24 months) - almost every Man Utd fans wanted him out, his loan move to Spain is even bigger disaster
Cavani (past 12 months) - never manage to stay fit for more than couple of games, totally out of form when he does
Greenwood (past 8 months) - under criminal investigation
James (past 24 months) - headless chicken
Sancho (past 12 months) - one of biggest flop in PL under multiple managers

LuckyScout78

Martial, Rashford and signing another versatile and really good attacking player that can play both and cover CF and RW positions would be most ideal this summer.

LW United have Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho as options. RW only Sancho is most a natural RW player. Rashford suit best as Vardy type trough ball CF and LW. So if Ronaldo leaving. A versatile attacking player for CF and RW spot. Because still i think and believe United shall spend they money most on the central midfield player. Frenkie De Jong for 70 mill £ or an alternative option closest to Frenkie De Jong as possible. In other words get a cm player closest to the top and world class level as possible. A top character and winning mentality cm that can lift United as a team on the pitch. A strong character. A Cantona character as a cm player or a new Paul Scholes = world class nr.8

If he staying. United and Ten Hag shall go for 2 CF and 4312 formation. Like this:

Eriksen - CDM - Bruno/DVB + Sancho/Bruno + Martial - Rashford/Ronaldo/Garnacho. Drop Sancho as RW and give him a more free central role and position to roam all over the attack area. Behind the 2 strikers.
And about Bruno. He can and is been able to play the left cm/nr.8 role. Don't tell me that Bruno can't play the creative and offensive nr.8 role. The LCM player. Bruno and Eriksen on each side of a deep laying control and dictate cdm player will be good.

Sum up for me. There are the 2 option with Ronaldo leaving and staying. For me i would prefer a new really good, younger and hunger versatile attacking player. Because Ronaldo is not the best edition of himself anymore. The peak Ronaldo was at Real Madrid where he won 4 champion league. So that is my personal opinions about Ronaldo situation.

Ronaldo is a United legend. But ours mind use to live in the best, still believe he is on his peak. Which is obviously not.

MrEleson

"Tons"

Yeah, alright mate. I think everyone can see how dishonest you've been throughout this thread. You continue fighting the good fight for your boy, though.
Dishonest? Where have I been dishonest. You can scour through this thread and you can see at least a handful equating his arrival to us going down.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not so sure about that one anymore - and I'm someone who thought he was a god and can do no wrong!

He's really tarnished his United legacy this year if the reports are true.
Yeah I don't think he has though. We don't know the full facts. He may have said to the club in May he wants out as we didn't get CL footy. We don't have the full facts.

Not handled well but Ronaldo definitely has the right to want to play in the CL if he so wishes to. The club has failed him by not getting there.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Dishonest? Where have I been dishonest. You can scour through this thread and you can see at least a handful equating his arrival to us going down.
Uh...start here maybe? "Most United fans" "Tons of people" Now we're at a "handful" Keep going mate, it's coming down with every post.

People are equating his arrival as one of the reasons why we've struggled. There may have been one or two posters that have explicitly stated that he is the sole reason why we struggled (and even then, when pushed on it, I think they may reconsider that statement), but to suggest that's what most are saying or "tons" of people are saying is false. Again, dishonesty from you in defense of your boy.

MrEleson

Uh...start here maybe? "Most United fans" "Tons of people" Now we're at a "handful" Keep going mate, it's coming down with every post.

People are equating his arrival as one of the reasons why we've struggled. There may have been one or two posters that have explicitly stated that he is the sole reason why we struggled (and even then, when pushed on it, I think they may reconsider that statement), but to suggest that's what most are saying or "tons" of people are saying is false. Again, dishonesty from you in defense of your boy.
Yes I said a handful because I was speaking specifically on this thread. There are other Ronaldo threads on this site isn’t there. And there are a ton of more fans on other boards like twitter and Reddit.

Oranges038

Can't wait to hear his truth. Hopefully he sticks it to lot of the cnuts who questioned his reasons for taking time off over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.