Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yes I said a handful because I was speaking specifically on this thread. There are other Ronaldo threads on this site isn’t there. And there are a ton of more fans on other boards like twitter and Reddit.
...right. Of course mate. Keep digging

Gandalf

That's quite mental thing to say. You either never follow anyone of them over past 12-24 months, or you are just comparing their brief peak with aging Ronaldo.

Rasford (past 18 months) - runs into defenders legs in almost every move, by far our worst outfield player on the pitch (either him or Maguire)
Martial (past 24 months) - almost every Man Utd fans wanted him out, his loan move to Spain is even bigger disaster
Cavani (past 12 months) - never manage to stay fit for more than couple of games, totally out of form when he does
Greenwood (past 8 months) - under criminal investigation
James (past 24 months) - headless chicken
Sancho (past 12 months) - one of biggest flop in PL under multiple managers
James - too good for United

Gabriel Alves

Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Hi guys!

As a Portuguese citizen, a Sporting fan and a United supporter, I am not pleased with the way Cristiano is dealing with his professional goals and personal needs.

The way United fans welcomed him back was wonderful and they deserved anything but this.

However, I can't help but feel excited about the remote possibility of a return home (to my home at Sporting). The truth is that narcissistic starlet attitudes are being excused as long as there is a dream that remains alive and you look at him as a legend. You've been through this and I think you understand me.

I don't know if, due to the lack of international media and the linguistic barrier, you became aware that about a week before Cristiano missed his appearance in Manchester he made a video for Sporting fans, congratulating us on the 20th anniversary of our youth academy with his name.
In this video, where he addressed affection, he ended up saying in an enigmatic way that he "had the great desire to meet us soon".
Since then, all Sporting fans have been watching this telenovela with great hope for his return but at the same time feeling ashamed for the way he is managing the situation.

I would be surprised if he actually returns to Sporting because his egocentricity would make you think that his choice would tend towards more money and a bigger stage, however we see more and more doors closing on him and in fact the statements in this video are the only ones in which he publicly said something that could be interpreted as an intention for his professional future.
Also, his whole family has been in Lisbon most of this summer and there has been talks about this children being enrolled in schools in Lisbon and that Cristiano Jr is very close to signing for our youth team.
In the last 2 years he has been building a mansion worth 20 million in the Cascais area with the intention of living there.

I will continue to watch this film with one wish above all: whatever happens, when he speaks publicly again he will be able to clean up his image, respect his legacy and all his admirers who loved and defended him during his rise to stardom.

I apologize for my English. My Portuguese is much better.

This is the video I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ilv1Fpj5-NM
Since day one this is the plan for personal/family reasons. Wait for an interview in a week or two.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'll have 6 CL matches to extend his lead over Messi. Good riddance. Tarnished his reputation here. We'll be much better off without him, but we need to get rid of quite a few more.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sporting is the best case. No rival team, no drama, home club for him. If he would stay in the league it would be too much Drama.

My only worry is we can't find a striker in time.

TOKUGAWA-X

The drama queen, diva just cant have enough, Ronaldo is destroying our beloved club bit by bit.

The Glazers allowed this to happen, we will never forget it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So you've never looked at any of the other players or listened to any of the interviews they've made then?

Just because Ronaldo looks like he got a note telling him that his hair looks bad every time something goes against him on the pitch doesn't mean he's the only one who is angry and embarrassed. This BS that he's the one who really cares and the rest can't be bothered is so tiring, especially when the one who supposedly cares the most is the one trying his hardest to leave, because that's apparently what real winners do when things get tough.
glad you admit to being a parody account

Rolaholic

:lol: @ thinking he alone would break the Bayern monopoly when a young Haaland couldn't come close

MegadrivePerson

The only thing that I can't work out is how on earth could Sporting afford his wages?

Currently their top three earners are on 64k, 59k and 30k a week respectively. They will end up bankrupting the club if they sign Ronaldo!

Member 125398

Ronaldo is not fully convinced by Ten Hag's tactics or the manner in which he runs training sessions
Excluding all other arguments this, if true, confirms the absolute need to get rid. We've (rightly imo) gone all in on ten Hag so we can't have senior players undermining him.

Rolaholic

He must be forgetting the Fergie years and their effort levels the first 2 matches are very much akin to misbehaving brats...

Fooza

At this point he'd rather just come out and tell us his side of the story, why wait 2 weeeks

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The only thing that I can't work out is how on earth could Sporting afford his wages?
They obviously can't.

So, either United cover his wages for a full season as part of the deal - or Ronaldo himself agrees to a huge pay cut.

Something similar will be true for any realistic deal, though.

It's not like - say - Dortmund would willingly completely destroy their wage structure either.

(I would be very surprised if they're interested in the first place, but they sure as hell won't be eager to match his United wages just for the privilege of having Ronaldo around for a season or two.)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don’t think he is anywhere near the kind of player Dortmund wants, as they are basically best academy for unknown young potentials. Ronaldo is about total opposite of that.

But I would imagine BL would be very attractive place for Ronaldo right now, as it’s easily top 4 league and it’s relatively easy to score goals there, which means further extend his goals records. Plus there is CL football for him.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Dortmund is probably the least Ronaldo-like club I can think of.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Dortmund is probably the least Ronaldo-like club I can think of.
And the least Ronaldo like city ffs, I know he lives / lived in Manchester but still. What next? Linked to Schalke?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And the least Ronaldo like city ffs, I know he lives / lived in Manchester but still. What next? Linked to Schalke?
He lives in Cheshire so not quite Manchester. Beautiful part of the country too although the weather isn't great admittedly. More millionaires in Cheshire than any part of the UK.

AgentSmith

The atmosphere of negativity around the club has seemingly coincided exactly with Ronaldo's return after what felt like a very positive preseason. It would be better for the team at this point to send him on loan to whichever club will take him, and let them only pay a small percentage of his wages if need be. Arsenal backed Arteta in booting Ozil and Aubameyang out the door despite the financial hit and they are so much better for it; we need to do the same.

Get rid.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

"EXCLUSIVE: Long time admirer of the German Ruhr District, Ronaldo linked to several Bundesliga clubs in the area"

Gabriel Alves

Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Status
Not open for further replies.