Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Haaland would manage that in his sleep at his current rate. He’s already seeing the man who’ll torpedo his records across the same city.

Especially given Wengers daft format the champions league is moving too. Just got to hope Haaland has moved when he does the bulk of it.
Him being there makes this feel ten times worse

croadyman

Yeah, like I say, here’s hoping Real swoop in 2 or 3 years
Hard to suck it up even for that long right now, why did we have to be run into the ground when he was available. Sickening to see him doing it for a club bankrolled by sportswashing 14 years ago.

Pronewbie

Peep
Hard to suck it up even for that long right now, why did we have to be run into the ground when he was available. Sickening to see him doing it for a club bankrolled by sportswashing 14 years ago.
VS a social institution takeover by a neo-liberal, monopolistic oligarch bank-rolled by the rentier class, which is earning high interest rates doing nothing productive?

At least their club is well run and their owners are pouring money into the city’s economy and infrastructure. Ours are just sucking the life out of us.

cletus7

90th minute against Saints yesterday, Ronaldo was breaking on the ball with Rashford up with him on the shoulder of the last defender. Couldn’t have been an easier through ball to put Rashford in for a 1-on-1 with the keeper. Instead of playing the obvious ball forward, Ronaldo plays it wide so that Rashford has to go wide to get on the ball whilst contending with defender brought back into play by the wide ball. Is there any interpretation of what Ronaldo did that doesn’t stink of being in it for himself?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This thread is worth a read. What a joke Ronaldo is that him leaking this sort of stuff is what he thinks makes him look good :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
But you do need sufficient training with the squad to be in top form, which clearly didn't happen this summer.
Whose fault is that mate?

He didn't prepare because he fully expected it to be a waste of time with people he would never play with again.

Oops...

It's a farce and we are all losers in it. I don't even want the uptick in performance from those happy he has been benched. Long term you want none of those feckers either.

Jev

This thread is worth a read. What a joke Ronaldo is that him leaking this sort of stuff is what he thinks makes him look good :lol:
It's also outrageous that such an obvious mouthpiece article was published by Times. I'm not saying there's no nuances to the story but that piece is more PR than journalism.

steffyr2

4 games in, a month since he returned and he still only jogs about when he's sub'ed in.
I'm saying that it's not about the training as there's been enough to get up to speed or lack of pre-season, he's legs are either gone or he just doesn’t give a shit.
If he didn't care, he'd be like Martial -- out 3 games out of every 4.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whose fault is that mate?

He didn't prepare because he fully expected it to be a waste of time with people he would never play with again.

Oops...

It's a farce and we are all losers in it. I don't even want the uptick in performance from those happy he has been benched. Long term you want none of those feckers either.
It’s his fault for attempting to engineer a move. But that doesn’t change the reality that he didn’t have the same preseason training regime as the rest of the squad, which makes it obvious he wasn’t going to be ready and fit as the rest of the players. That is a recipe for a slow start for any player, much less a 37 year old.

Abraxas

The reason he's not arsed at the moment is he is still harbouring hopes of a move. He probably reasons that he just has put in enough effort to not look a total disgrace, while still making it clear he's not happy. This is his tactic.

We should not be panicked into making massive concessions because a player wishes to break his own agreement, for which he gets paid extortionate amounts. I'm sorry, but you should not be able to get your contract paid up for not doing any work because you simply cannot be arsed anymore. That's not how it should work with a club of our stature.

The club should play hardball. Either someone takes him, and all his wages, or he agrees to forgo his extra wages, or no deal. Not simply to take a stand, but because it also makes business and sporting sense and will work out best for us once the initial furore dies down.

He's not as powerful as he thinks he is because there is no way Cristiano Ronaldo can become irrelevant, a marginalised figure contributing nothing to the game. He needs to play football, and still wants to, which is his whole reason for agitation. We can sideline him until the attitude is correct and let's see who breaks first. We can afford Ronaldo, we can play without Ronaldo, he's not half as good as he thinks he is anymore. Just play the long game with Ronaldo and it will work out far better for us than paying half the idiots wages for going elsewhere.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I wonder if he has an underwhelming offer on the table that he knows he can take if it comes down to it. And obviously we are now approaching a time where he may accept such an offer.

That team being a side paying him low relative wages with low prospects in terms of winning a trophy, but guaranteed CL football.

Napoli fits that bill. Let's see.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wonder if he has an underwhelming offer on the table that he knows he can take if it comes down to it. And obviously we are now approaching a time where he may accept such an offer.

That team being a side paying him low relative wages with low prospects in terms of winning a trophy, but guaranteed CL football.

Napoli fits that bill. Let's see.
I can't see why anyone would but let's hope so.

-Supreme-

If no one wants him then i can see him seriously consider the Saudis offer as a last resort, if the rumoured contract was true

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah we need a CF who wants to play here
Even ignoring mentality. Purely going off what they provide on the pitch... He isn't good enough. I genuinely don't think he'd improve any premier league side, given what the relegation strugglers need is hard working target men more.

Idxomer

"The best thing some of those players will do in their entire careers is to be able to say they played besides Cristiano". noted one elite coach.
He thinks those couple of hours alongside Santos in the 2016 Euro Final make him an elite coach, this guy's ego ffs.

GinobiliTheGOAT

A return for Cristiano Ronaldo to Sporting has been much discussed in Portugal, yet their coach has let his opposition to a transfer become known to local media. Rúben Amorim has intimidated that he might walk out on his contract were Ronaldo signed. @DuncanCastles

:lol::lol::lol:

antohan

It’s crazy how close this guy was to signing for City 12 months ago. Now you can’t give the guy away.

A year is like a decade in football.
There's no way he was joining them. It was bollocks, like the Atlético news this summer.

The club would have loved it, Welcome to Manchester, etc. but Guardiola would have walked, I've no doubt about that.

Last edited:

antohan

A return for Cristiano Ronaldo to Sporting has been much discussed in Portugal, yet their coach has let his opposition to a transfer become known to local media. Rúben Amorim has intimidated that he might walk out on his contract were Ronaldo signed. @DuncanCastles

:lol::lol::lol:
In fairness, that's not just about Ronaldo. They just shipped off one of his best players to Wolves after assurances he would stay another season. I'd also take issue with Mendes freely chopping and changing my squad in late August.

That thundercnut is actually brokering a terrible deal for Ohsimen just so we pay Ronaldo's wages at Napoli and probably his CL wages, not the discounted ones he disagrees with.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
They are both nearly 100 CL goals behind Ronaldo and would have to average 10 a year for the next decade, which is going to be nearly impossible imo.
One spearheads the attack for a team that regularly reaches the semi finals of the CL, and the other literally has some ownership of the other club whilst being one of the most exciting talents in world football and both are in the early early 20s. There's every chance they break Ronaldo's record.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Offering him to every team for the second time in case they forgot he was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.