Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel doesn’t get much of a say if Boehly decides he’s getting him.
Same reports are saying the opposite. That since we don’t currently have a Director of Football, Tuchel has more control over transfers than any Chelsea manager has ever had.

dinostar77

Sky sports saying he wants out due to lack of transfer activity and squad strengthening. Doesnt think utd can challenge for trophies next season. Sounds like its more of a wakeup call to the board and glazers to pull their fingers out and get some deals done.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So where do the bookies think he’s going?

davidmichael

Chelsea reporters are saying Tuchel doesn’t want him. Bayern to replace Lewandowski seems plausible.
Isn’t Boehly acting as interim sporting director right now ? Ronaldo would be a short term option with Lukaku now gone BUT I think unless Ronaldo can spin it if he stays and makes out he did this to push the club into making big signings he’s fecked his standing from United fans with this, Rooney still gets hate for doing similar.

Giggsyking

When no big club is showing interest in him (as he thought). He changed his tone from (I want to play CL) to (I want out because I dont think UTD is active in the market) to save face.

His fanbois will be in shock.

Biggins

I think it would be a good move for both parties. Ronaldo is not a player that would play well in ETH system.

Devil81

It's time to move on, last season he spent most of it berating his fellow players.

He scored goals, no doubting that but we lost something and attribute that to his arrival.

ThanksBoss26

Far from ideal. But I dread the thought of how negative it might be if he ends up having to stay against his wishes and the season is a bit bumpy (which I expect while we're evolving to Ten Hag's style).

Would almost rather cut the cord now and move on.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He'll replace Icardi, I believe
Thats the thing -- if Ronaldo who I suspect must have known we were out of the CL a couple of weeks ago, had given us a heads-up then we would have been better prepared. And not having to re-shift our transfer target priorities in the middle of a few deals.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I suppose the club's biggest worry is the prestige and the shirt sales of losing Pogba, and now Ronaldo more than team players. Social media has an unhealthy pull on young teenagers and kids. They were wanting to go and watch games at Old Trafford just to watch Ronaldo. Not United.
Yep. SIIIUUUU has become our brand this past year.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He blunted our play and scored 24 goals in this team?

''Like he did at Juventus??'' : ---- juventus spent the next season after he left not knowing if they would make CL and had no good goalscorers!!
Thats because Ronaldo decided that he wanted to leave Juve in the very last week before the season started. They had no time to prepare either -- to get replacements ... just like us now.

bringbackbebe

He wants to be captain and wants ETH to please his wishes by showing who is boss. First real threat for ETH.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I want him to go to Chelsea but only if we somehow replace him with Lewandowski and end up winning the league. If not then feck off to Serie A or some shit.

sphagnum

Thats because Ronaldo decided that he wanted to leave Juve in the very last week before the season started. They had no time to prepare either -- to get replacements ... just like us now.
If we haven’t already planned and prepared for what to do when our 37 year-old forward buggers off, or hangs up his boots, then that’s on us and not Ronaldo. That would display a shocking lack of foresight, but I wouldn’t put it past us.

Last edited:

Ekeke

He probably will. The difference is with him, he can get you 20 goals but the rest struggle to get 10. Without him someone gets close to 20 goals (not as much as him) whilst more players score more than 10.
I dont think thats true at all. Ronaldo displayed some exceptional linkup play from the striker position last season, the problem is we didnt have players with confidence and ability to finish chances other than Voldemort, and he took himself out of the squad. Ronaldo could put them in but they need to finish themselves.

Keefy18

The similarities this summer to the Summer of Moyes is uncanny...

• New managers in place - Moyes / ETH
  • New CEO - Woodward / Arnold
  • New dipso in charge of transfers - Murtaugh / Judge
  • Chasing a Barca player who repeatedly states he doesn't want to leave - Cesc / FDJ
  • Our most decorated / senior player demands be more competitive in the market - Rooney / Ronaldo
Round and around we go with lies and spin from the board about new starts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

• Chasing a Barca player who repeatedly states he doesn't want to leave - Cesc / FDJ
  • Our most decorated / senior player demands be more competitive in the market - Rooney / Ronaldo
We will likely have two, maybe 3 signings in a week so its not really like Moyes, is it?

Eddy_JukeZ

Truly hope we let him leave.

Even if he stays, he might kick up a fuss if things get off to a rocky start this season + he's likely leaving in 2023.

Eddy_JukeZ

You've been spamming every thread with negativity.

We'll easily be better than the Moyes season because ETH is miles better than him and we'll sign De Jong.

Ronaldo wanting to leave isn't the end of the world and him leaving would benefit us.

the_cliff

I dont think thats true at all. Ronaldo displayed some exceptional linkup play from the striker position last season, the problem is we didnt have players with confidence and ability to finish chances other than Voldemort, and he took himself out of the squad. Ronaldo could put them in but they need to finish themselves.
:lol:

Keefy18

We will likely have two, maybe 3 signings in a week so its not really like Moyes, is it?
Maybe, maybe not.

FDJ is hanging in the balance.

Martinez who knows after the Ronaldo news. I reckon we'll have to sacrifice a signing to try get an attacker in.

You've been spamming every thread with negativity.

We'll easily be better than the Moyes season because ETH is miles better than him and we'll sign De Jong.

Ronaldo wanting to leave isn't the end of the world and him leaving would benefit us.
The club is in a very negative place right now, I wish it weren't but that's the reality.

I'm OK with him leaving as I've said, so long as we've a suitable replacement. ETH has Antony as his replacement apparently, its marginally better than Obertan replacing him in 09.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe, maybe not.

FDJ is hanging in the balance.

Martinez who knows after the Ronaldo news. I reckon we'll have to sacrifice a signing to try get an attacker in.
One is done. Martinez is not dependent on ronaldo, thats an odd logic to apply.

Strelok

I despair of some of our fanbase wanting him to captain the side. I'd hate to be on a sinking ship with him being the captain.
Don't worry mate. He won't be on any sinking ship in the first place. The narcissist twat will be the first to jump.

SuperiorXI

I can't believe the disrespect towards Ronaldo on here... it's what I'd expect from oppposition fans. Do none of you have eyes? He ran his arse off last season, he did all he could to carry the team, he was so important. The issues last season, do not misplace the blame. If we had say Martial in his position I am 100% certain we are much worse off.

I can't beleive some of the takes in here... flagrant "bye then" as though he's as useless as Maguire.

the_cliff

Its amazing. The ball was literally bouncing off him for atleast a good 2 months.
You'd think after watching Madrids run to the Champions league last season people would know what exceptional link up play from a striker is.

Keefy18

One is done. Martinez is not dependent on ronaldo, thats an odd logic to apply.
One is done for a position that didn't particularly need addressing, super.

If for arguments sake we signed FDJ, Martinez, Malacia & Antony, that is 170 approx based on the amounts most reliable journo's are posting.

Antony is a not a suitable replacement for Ronnie at all, its absolutely mind boggling to think we can go into a season with that business and expect top 4.

phelans shorts

I can't believe the disrespect towards Ronaldo on here... it's what I'd expect from oppposition fans. Do none of you have eyes? He ran his arse off last season, he did all he could to carry the team, he was so important. The issues last season, do not misplace the blame. If we had say Martial in his position I am 100% certain we are much worse off.

I can't beleive some of the takes in here... flagrant "bye then" as though he's as useless as Maguire.
Maguire is far more important to keep around. It’s not even close.

Mcking

I still maintain we shouldn't have signed him. Everyone was so engulfed in the euphoria that common sense went out the window. It was so obvious it was going to set us back.

Hopefully with this request, he leaves. If he stays, it would send another wrong message of having a player that doesn't want to be with us. A waste of everyone's time.

SuperiorXI

It’s not an opinion. It’s a statement on the importance of two players.
That clown was responsible for countless mistakes leading to goals last season, he captained the worst season in decades, if you trust him to navigate the club through the turmoil that it's in rather than arguably the greatest of all time then you deserve seasons like we just had.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
One is done for a position that didn't particularly need addressing, super.

If for arguments sake we signed FDJ, Martinez, Malacia & Antony, that is 170 approx based on the amounts most reliable journo's are posting.

Antony is a not a suitable replacement for Ronnie at all, its absolutely mind boggling to think we can go into a season with that business and expect top 4.
Why? Is it implausible that Ten Hag can find many goals from Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, VDB and maybe even Martial? Most of these players are capable of getting 15-22 goals in a season.

Were the strikerless Ajax side of 2017 lacking for goals?

Pronewbie

Peep
Shower thought - Adidas paid Juve a EUR15M bonus for exceptional shirt sales when he first joined, and renegotiated the contract to EUR50M/yr. I'm sure Murtough wouldn't mind if Adidas chipped in a little to help bring in Antony, and ensure the new kit release goes smoothly ;)

PS: In no way am i defending Ronnie's character defect (and what makes him special).

Status
Not open for further replies.