Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

Didn't turn up for pre season as in won't join the team for the tour or didn't turn up today and might turn up tomorrow or Wednesday?

JuriM

I hope everything is good with them. I know they have gone through a rough time recently.

makes the hysteria here about him not turning up look funny in the light
Ngl, it being a transfer mess would be been "better" news, not an actual family emergency - many fans want to throw a negative agenda to everything too fast.

Ladron de redcafe

He is too old to act like this. He is not a spoiled 21 year old, who is still a young boy. He is a fully grown up man and should know better than to just stay away, when he does not get what he wants.
Unprofessional. Narcassitic. Spoilt.

Just pick the suitable adjective.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Can only assume they've got someone to bite if they've gone so public with it. Would be an embarrassing climb down if no one wants him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We can't go into the season without a striker, would be madness. To replace him is too expensive at this point I think.
I trust ten hag to make it work, either with getting Martial back to a 19/20 level, using Rashford there, or just going false 9. You have to think differently to before now that we have ten hag in. He builds a Pep style of dominance, he doesn't always need a #9, or a certain type of striker. He made it work with Haller, he also made it work with Tadić as a false 9.

Ronaldo wants to leave, we should be trying to sell him asap. Not fighting to hold on. We are in a rebuild, that distraction can only be a negative. When you factor in that he was useless and a huge problem on the pitch for us for a third of the season, still expects to start every game even if it's detrimental to him, will be leaking news and disruptions the entire year... Its just a problem we can do without. Get rid of him and use players who actually suit what Ten Hag wants to build, and run with it. It'll work out better for us. As others have said... Last year, with Ronaldo and everyone adapting their style, we scored far fewer goals than any of the previous seasons when Rashford and Martial had bigger roles. They might not be good enough to be top players, but they can make it work to a decent level for the team where we score more as a group anyway.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I trust ten hag to make it work, either with getting Martial back to a 19/20 level, using Rashford there, or just going false 9. You have to think differently to before now that we have ten hag in. He builds a Pep style of dominance, he doesn't always need a #9, or a certain type of striker. He made it work with Haller, he also made it work with Tadić as a false 9.

Ronaldo wants to leave, we should be trying to sell him asap. Not fighting to hold on. We are in a rebuild, that distraction can only be a negative. When you factor in that he was useless and a huge problem on the pitch for us for a third of the season, still expects to start every game even if it's detrimental to him, will be leaking news and disruptions the entire year... Its just a problem we can do without. Get rid of him and use players who actually suit what Ten Hag wants to build, and run with it. It'll work out better for us. As others have said... Last year, with Ronaldo and everyone adapting their style, we scored far fewer goals than any of the previous seasons when Rashford and Martial had bigger roles. They might not be good enough to be top players, but they can make it work to a decent level for the team where we score more as a group anyway.
I'd love to believe it would work out like that but unfortunately I don't. Martial is dogshit, unless Rashford goes back to his top level we'd be absolutely straight up fecked I think.

RedDevil-85

Scum move by Ronaldo and his donut agent.
Have no problem with him leaving but he could have said so earlier and give the club more time.

Also,why go to the media? Now the whole world knows he wants out and it puts the club in a bad position + creates alot of noise and rumors.
He could have just told the club/Mendez and they could have worked on finding him a new club at the start of the window.
This news is bad for the tour and the launch of the new kit as well , im guessing pre orders are being canceled left and right.
The club cant be too happy about this mess.

People wanted this guy as captain,he is the first to jump ship when it gets tough.
Whether he stays or goes,him being captain should be dead in the water after this little stunt.

Hopefully he will be sold as soon as possible.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Eriksen wants to join United.
The CR7 effect working?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His off field mentality effects how we play on the pitch with him.

Everyone is his bitch.

Polar

Sell him.

United bought Ronaldo in order to bring in winning mentality and a role model for “young players”. He scored goals, but obviously didn’t have positive impact on other players.

I think ETH will be relieved if Ronaldo choose to abandon his ship.

croadyman

If he wants to go, we should let him. No idea why he didn’t say this straight at the end of the season. We need to plan ahead and can’t have players who don’t want to be here.
Exactly the frustration I feel about that

Volksie316

Ronaldo is a whining prick, who only cares for himself.

I have no idea, why people see him as a club legend.

The sooner this this guy leaves, the better.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Sell him.

United bought Ronaldo in order to bring in winning mentality and a role model for “young players”. He scored goals, but obviously didn’t have positive impact on other players.

I think ETH will be relieved if Ronaldo choose to abandon his ship.
He's not trying to abandon ship.
He's got the owners and club moving with the snail transfers.

the_cliff

Depay, Dembele, Danjuma, Dybala, Gnabry.

There's no shortage of boosting our attack without Ronaldo, just get rid of him.

RedDevilQuebecois

Can we put this shit to rest for a moment? Seems to me that most of the tabloid-worthy British media have glaringly omitted this part.

90 + 5min

Pogba has also won trophies with us, he's also won the fecking world cup which ronaldo hasn't. Granted ronaldo has won more but trophy count isn't the barometer when the status of legend is doled out.

Any player who jumps ship cannot be a legend. These lot have jumped ship twice.

Rooney is a legend, Ronaldo is not. I only brought in pogba to smash the delusion that ronaldo fanbois are holding onto, you either concede both are or none.
Nobody cares if Pogba won world cup. It is like saying Ronaldo won couple of Champions League trophies with Real Madrid. Why would that matter in this discussion? We know how and what Pogba did in ManUtd. We know what Ronaldo did. Enough said. You don’t have to be fanboy to see difference like ocean between players.

Last edited:

the_cliff

Holy moly, the quality there is incredible….. :nervous:
The difference in quality been Ronaldo and those players aren't as big as most people here seem to think. This is not Ronaldo in his prime, this is a 38 year old washed up version.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The difference in quality been Ronaldo and those players aren't as big as most people here seem to think. This is not Ronaldo in his prime, this is a 38 year old washed up version.
I would 100% rather see a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Sancho than have Memphis back, or see Dybala or Dembele at United. Goodness me, are we desperate already?

Yakuza_devils

Letting him go could be our best business in the window. Getting rid of the biggest prima donna in the club.

We can then get a younger striker who is willing to run and press to suit ETH system. We will also be saving millions of wages while also get our future sorted out with younger striker.

the_cliff

I would 100% rather see a front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Sancho than have Memphis back, or see Dybala or Dembele at United. Goodness me, are we desperate already?
I agree, but history shows Martial can't stay fit a season, I'd much rather have a backup front 3 of Rashford Dybala Sancho than a Elanga Rashford Sancho. He's available on a free.

Ted Lasso

Independent of Ronaldo going or staying, I'm bemused at the lack of spine with our players.

This is the umpteenth time where someone has come in and asked them to be better only for leaks and tantrums and a group effort to get rid. You can already hear whispers in the comments about ETHs trainings. It's only going to take a few bad results for these same ones to turn. As fans, I don't understand being okay with that shockingly poor professionalism and attitude.

diarm

I reckon a guy who lost a baby a couple of months ago deserves the benefit of the doubt, both when it comes to taking leave for a family issue, and when asking why he couldn't have decided this a couple of months ago.

croadyman

Letting him go could be our best business in the window. Getting rid of the biggest prima donna in the club.

We can then get a younger striker who is willing to run and press to suit ETH system. We will also be saving millions of wages while also get our future sorted out with younger striker.
Yes but who can we realistically afford

matt10000

As a fan I love to watch Ronaldo and for that reason would like him to stay. That said, I think him staying is not the best thing for a new manager and rebuild. As a new manager you want to create a certain style of play where all 11 players must run their balls off, develop as a team together and look to one and other to get out of a hole and rescue and win games when needed. Having Ronaldo in the team goes against this....

All 11 players run their balls off - Ronaldo legs are getting old it would be 10 players
Develop as a team together - Ronaldo is not part of a vision to build for the next five years
Look to one and other to win matches etc. - younger players will look to Ronaldo to save the day rather than step up (it is human nature) and we become reliant on whether he scoring a hatrick that day. When things don't work out Ronaldo gets upset and upsets the entire team

If Ronaldo wants to leave (I think it is fine for him to want to leave, it is his professional career and he doesn't have many more seasons) then let him leave, it makes it a lot easier for the club than saying we don't want you in a year or two time, a much better ending for a legend than when Keane wen for example.

It would be the best thing, best for us to develop a new team and best for Ronaldo who has one or two seasons at the top and wants to play in a team that is built and playing champions league football.

The wages released would allow us to sign a quality player with the legs to do what we want them to do

It's not rocket science it is the obvious conclusion.

OleGunnar20

Loves the club too bloody much if anything
:lol: Cracked me up that has.

Feck him off already. Wonderful first stint, undeniable legend of the game, but lets not pretend he cares about anything but himself. The longer this goes on the more damaging it'll become. Let's move forward as a club for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.