Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I do not care where he gores. United can sell him to City, if they wanted him. He is not going to get better and better.
Yep it's not as if we're losing the ronaldo of 2009 it's a 37 year old Ronaldo. He's only going one way and it's down.

If Chelsea are interested I'd be more than happy for him to go there.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think we should be open to the Chelsea transfer. It will be sad to see for me because I don't think this will end well for him. He'll be 38 next season. Chelsea are a decent team but they're not that much better and their fans are more anti Ronaldo than a lot of United fans. The pressure will mount there and it will get ugly. If we can get about 15 million, and free up the wages this could be a win.

Honestly this transfer might avoid the awkwardness of the inevitable end here at United when he really gets past it and we have to drop him. The only thing is Ten Haag really needs to pull all his strings to sign a striker before the window. We have the wage now.

Also, I don't think pro players care where he will play. They are pros for a reason.
I would be open to him going to Southampton :lol: but not Chelsea!
I hear what you're saying but it's really shit what he's doing. It'll just be a constant reminder. His disrespectful messy self shouldn't be allowed to get everything his way. Terrible behaviour. Shame it doesn't seem as if anyone wants him in Europe.

He could just quietly spoken to us about his desire instead all this public nonsense at a time when the club absolutely does not need a circus, but he chose otherwise. And not meeting with ETH is the ultimate disrespect. Cannot wish him well. Awful awful behaviour.

We really need to put him on IGNORE. Even if he ends up at Chelsea, no boos when he comes to OT, just treat him like any other peasant opposition football player.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
At his age he's got one good season left in him at best. I'm not bothered if he's goes to Chelsea who we're unlikely to be challenging next season. Just get it done as soon as possible.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
My main question is, will his ego survive being a 15m transfer?

SATA

Bin the viva Ronaldo song. It should never be sung again at the Stretford End. This cnut doesn’t deserve the love and affection that the supporters have been giving him after he had ditched us twice

djembatheking

I want him to go to Chelsea, he will feck them up on the pitch and off with his selfish attitude .

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
fecking hell. It is absolutely, definitely true. There is no way that prick plays for this team again. There would be a revolt if he did.

£50 bet for charity he never gets in any Man Utd squad ever again. Loser can donate £50 to charity for women in need. If you really think there's some possibility that nasty cnut plays for United again then put your money where your mouth is.

On a mostly separate note, Jesus, this club is fecked :lol:. Ronaldo probably our best player last year, fighting to try and escape, and nobody even wants him :lol: Dire straits.
The "club" ceased to exist a very long time ago.

The business has taken a battering and now it looks like some competent people are in charge of the product... finally.
Ronaldo should be sacked now. He can't be any part of the rebuild... he has been part of compounding the downfall

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just hope he goes abroad if this doesn't end up being either a money or a shocking summer window whinge.
Chelsea would be rubbish.

Marcelinho87

Tim Sherwood thinks selling Ronaldo is a blessing in disguise. That's reassuring.
And I agree with him.

Ronaldo is that egotistical and up his own arse he'd pull city down a peg because the likes of foden et
Just hope he goes abroad if this doesn't end up being either a money or a shocking summer window whinge.
Chelsea would be rubbish.
Chelsea would be brilliant, people would finally see that his goals mean very little when everybody else has to bend over for him to get them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he had looked like going to Chelsea last season rather than City, would we have seen the same degree of "we must sign him" angst?

Troozi

I'd rather him leave the PL, but if he has to go to Chelsea maybe we could swap him for Kante?

Zippycup

The "club" ceased to exist a very long time ago.

The business has taken a battering and now it looks like some competent people are in charge of the product... finally.
Ronaldo should be sacked now. He can't be any part of the rebuild... he has been part of compounding the downfall
I’ve been saying this for the last few days.
Manchester United FC would get rid of Ronaldo in a heartbeat. We’ve had to change our style of play to suit his as well as having to deal with his strops on and off the pitch. That’s all manageable, just, but the circus that follows him only adds unnecessary pressure to the squad.

However, as for Manchester United PLC – Well, that’s an entirely different matter. They need Ronaldo to stay for commercial reasons. One of the poster boys for the club in Pogba has left the club already, the can’t afford to lose their main one as well. Then you have to take into account the share value should he leave, the deal with Adidas and the new commercial interests gained this year. A lot of those would have been signed deals knowing that Ronaldo was going to promote their business.

Josh 76

Goodbye Ronaldo again.
Should never have come back. He’s ruined his legacy for me. A lot of young fans will only remember this Ronaldo and not the Ronaldo who was the best player on the planet in 2006-09!

Hester_manc

I think he will come back after we make some big signings.
Do you think we are going to make some big signings this summer? I can not see it happen. De Jong was the one, but it is too complicated. Maybe Tielemanns - but I think he is going to Arsenal.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Some of you are gonna like right dicks if whatever the family problem is comes to light

mshnsh

What changed was we tried to go from a team that sits in and counters to a team that presses, plays on the front foot and dominates games. Our players were exposed for being limited and incapable of playing that kind of football whilst our coaches did not know how to enforce it.

Correlation is not causation. We also lost Greenwood in unforeseeable circumstances. Btw, how have Juventus fared since he left?
They finisher fourth and were knocked out in Rd of 16. Same as his last season. Before he joined,they were much better. Your point is?

Anyway, as far as Juventus are concerned him joining them meant funds were used for his wages rather than improve other areas. They were also performing much better as a team before he arrived.

How have Real Madrid fared without your god? Won the league twice and one ucl with the star performer being Benzema. Tells you how much Ronaldo was holding him back.

MrEleson

How have Real Madrid fared without your god? Won the league twice and one ucl with the star performer being Benzema. Tells you how much Ronaldo was holding him back.
This is such an irrelevant point that lacks any sort of context and is just cherrypicked to support your agenda.

Real Madrid fared horribly in the immediate aftermath of Ronaldo’s departure. They recorded their worst season in terms of league position and number of goals scored since the year before he joined them. They were also eliminated embarrassingly in the UCL R016 - something that hadn’t happened for about 9 seasons while Ronaldo was there. They had very little source of goals beyond Benzema and had to begin prioritising defence which is what won them la liga in the 19/20 season.

Only after 4 years are they looking like Real Madrid of old and they still aren’t as dominant and fearsome as they were when he was there.

And it’s Real Madrid. They’re not gonna struggle forever.

Pickle85

This is such an irrelevant point that lacks any sort of context and is just cherrypicked to support your agenda.

Real Madrid fared horribly in the immediate aftermath of Ronaldo’s departure. They recorded their worst season in terms of league position and number of goals scored since the year before he joined them. They were also eliminated embarrassingly in the UCL R016 - something that hadn’t happened for about 9 seasons while Ronaldo was there. They had very little source of goals beyond Benzema and had to begin prioritising defence which is what won them la liga in the 19/20 season.

Only after 4 years are they looking like Real Madrid of old and they still aren’t as dominant and fearsome as they were when he was there.

And it’s Real Madrid. They’re not gonna struggle forever.
Not to mention that their one true competitor is in the doldrums.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo is like a child sometimes. Back in 2009 he became the highest paid player in the world and was of course very happy about it. A couple of years later, Barcelona renewed Messi and his new contract was better than Ronaldo's. He couldn't take it and said he was sad at Real Madrid. Until Florentino Pérez gave him a new contract and he was ahead of Messi again. He only cares about being the center of attention. It was a terrible idea to sign him. You could have gotten Vlahovic a year ago.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rio comes across as well as Goldbridge most of the time now.
Goldbridge is at a level of pessimism that even I who is as cynical as they come find annoying. However this is different. Rio's statement came like a thin veiled threat. Take care of the media or else...

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Goldbridge is at a level of pessimism that even I who is as cynical as they come find annoying. However this is different. Rio's statement came like a thin veiled threat. Take care of the media or else...
He's gone nuclear in the last week. The most negative cnut on Twitter right now :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's gone nuclear in the last week. The most negative cnut on Twitter right now :lol:
I can't stand him at the moment. If United opened the megastore 1 minute late then Goldbridge would probably blame it on the Glazers

Flexdegea

Hopefully he does go to Chelsea.

Exactly what is need too total soil his reputation with the fans.

Can't believe he's Caused this drama right at the start of the season with new manager trying to bring the club back up. Total joke

MrEleson

Ronaldo is like a child sometimes. Back in 2009 he became the highest paid player in the world and was of course very happy about it. A couple of years later, Barcelona renewed Messi and his new contract was better than Ronaldo's. He couldn't take it and said he was sad at Real Madrid. Until Florentino Pérez gave him a new contract and he was ahead of Messi again. He only cares about being the center of attention. It was a terrible idea to sign him. You could have gotten Vlahovic a year ago.
His whole sad speech wasn’t about money. It was that he felt Real Madrid didn’t campaign or support him in the pursuit for the BDOR while Messi was winning 4 in a row.
I remember what happened vividly back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.