Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If his legacy and Champions League football are so important to him why doesn't he just take a 50% pay cut so more options open up for teams to sign him. He is almost a billionaire. Take a huge pay cut for a year, play European football, score more goals and be happy.
Because in his mind he probably is the best player on the planet and therefore deserves the highest wages. Everything else would be insulting.

Amadevs

Supports
United
I will never get tired of promoting Osimhen. This guy has the explosiveness of Eto'o, the jumping and finishing of Drogba and agressiveness and fightful spirit of Diego Costa. I will absolutely love him here and think will fit greatly and press like a monster. Probably not this window but he will be available next year. I hope we will go all for him.

Remember the geese

Can't see us signing two attackers unless we explored Belotti on a free type deal
If Ronaldo leaves, then a striker is a must. I don't think there is a top one available this window though. Antony is important because the drop off from Sancho to our next best right winger is far too big. It would free up Sancho to play on the left too.

croadyman

If Ronaldo leaves, then a striker is a must. I don't think there is a top one available this window though. Antony is important because the drop off from Sancho to our next best right winger is far too big. It would free up Sancho to play on the left too.
Yeah outside of someone like David options are bit limited in that area, Osmihen is way out of our budget as well.

Sviken

If his legacy and Champions League football are so important to him why doesn't he just take a 50% pay cut so more options open up for teams to sign him. He is almost a billionaire. Take a huge pay cut for a year, play European football, score more goals and be happy.
I guess it's ego with him. If he isn't the highest paid footballer in the squad, that kind of demeans him. Hell, money was the main reason why he left Madrid despite him being filthy rich at that point. He wants to have his cake and eat it too and that's not gonna happen at his age.

Greck

How are Ronaldo's wages still a problem? If his camp were operating in the realm of reality it should have been known weeks ago he was going to have to forego it. Makes you wonder if he's trying to get us to both let him leave for free and pay him.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It's absolutely vital that we keep this man to further enhance a mentality shift within the locker. Casemiro, Martinez, Ronaldo, Malacia, Varans, Eriksen and any additional signings all point towards a winning shift of mentality and hunger.

We need him around now more than ever after the casemiro signing.

AndySmith1990

It's absolutely vital that we keep this man to further enhance a mentality shift within the locker. Casemiro, Martinez, Ronaldo, Malacia, Varans, Eriksen and any additional signings all point towards a winning shift of mentality and hunger.

Erm, why would we need someone who is reportedly pissing off everyone at the club and lowering the mood by sulking all the time? That's the opposite of what we need right now.

He wants to leave and if he doesn't he'll be a problem for us. Although I'm pretty confident he'll force a move on deadline day, and I think the club is anticipating that

phelans shorts

His attitude is abysmal, why would that be good to keep around?

KeanoMagicHat

All reports suggest that he doesn't want to be here and no mentality towards the club, only toxicity and is only interested in his own personal benefit.

Phil Osophy

It's really telling how Bayern spent the summer openly talking about one of our players and we stayed silent all the time. If they discussed about signing Sancho do you think we would have been so passive? Surely at some point we would have told them to shut it up and focus on their business.

I think it's obvious we've been open to receive interest for Ronaldo but there's no way to fool anyone to sign him. Even the Sporting manager was against it to protect the team dynamics according to the Athletic. Surely it can't get any worse than that. Those 5-6 offers he has according to his mate Aguirre must include the arabs and some basketball teams.

dinostar77

I think ronaldos camp and some clubs out there want utd to release ronaldo on a free. That way theres no transfer fee involved and the £15-£20mil fee can be spent on wages.

No way utd would go for that. They would want a fee. Agree with other posters. If ronaldo reduced his wage demands a move could probably materialise but his ego is more important than playing in CL.

bakalhau

No one in here cares about Sneijder, but the next time a random twitter dude posts something negative about Ronaldo someone, somewhere, saw or heard, everyone will immediately take notice and of course, it will be 100% trustworthy.

Greck

Erm, why would we need someone who is reportedly pissing off everyone at the club and lowering the mood by sulking all the time? That's the opposite of what we need right now.

He wants to leave and if he doesn't he'll be a problem for us. Although I'm pretty confident he'll force a move on deadline day, and I think the club is anticipating that
There's almost a conspiracy of ignorance to his toxicity. Guy throwing a strop for getting subbed in a game he wasn't even playing well is championed as having a top mentality. We couldn't even sub him during his terrible midseason form. The one and only time we did, it secured the result but it could never be used again because the manager knew he would throw a strop.We'd instead have to take off a midfielder to bring on a striker and compromise team balance. Never what's best for the team, always about what's best for him. The only influence he fosters is a culture of entitlement. Is now trying to force is way out by being toxic. Even the captaincy drama was so stupid, Pogba of all people, famed lord of toxicity got stripped of the captaincy and never threw a strop.

Get rid already. We're the biggest club in the top 5 leagues that wants him but constantly have to hear how we're not good enough for him. Is currently not deserving of the undying loyalty he gets from our fanbase. Can't even believe he iced us before finding a club to take him.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why is he suddenly banging on about Ronaldo?
He was asked about the Ronaldo to Dortmund rumor and answered that it wouldn’t have an impact on him and that it is normal that an agent that gets 10% of a player’s wages makes calls to sound out the market.

phelans shorts

There's almost a conspiracy of ignorance to his toxicity. Guy throwing a strop for getting subbed in a game he wasn't even playing well is championed as having a top mentality. We couldn't even sub him during his terrible midseason form. The one and only time we did, it secured the result but it could never be used again because the manager knew he would throw a strop.We'd instead have to take off a midfielder to bring on a striker and compromise team balance. Never what's best for the team, always about what's best for him. The only influence he fosters is a culture of entitlement. Is now trying to force is way out by being toxic. Even the captaincy drama was so stupid, Pogba of all people, famed lord of toxicity got stripped of the captaincy and never threw a strop.

Get rid already. We're the biggest club in the top 5 leagues that wants him but constantly have to hear how we're not good enough for him. Is currently not deserving of the undying loyalty he gets from our fanbase. Can't even believe he iced us before finding a club to take him.
Pogba was accused of being toxic all the time with literally zero reason, and funnily when Ronaldo was attempting a coup last season it was Pogba who stepped in and shut him up, as per Ralf’s account.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Even the captaincy drama was so stupid, Pogba of all people, famed lord of toxicity got stripped of the captaincy and never threw a strop.
Pogba by all accounts was never particularly "toxic" on a - say - personal level. He got on well with his team mates (this has been pretty much universally reported about him, both at club and national level).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Some fans still defending this cnut. Unbelievable.
Some of them believe - or pretend to believe, I don't know which exactly - that he's still somewhere close to being worth the hassle as a player.

Meaning - they think (or pretend) that he's still world class on the pitch.

DutchCruijff

I wonder if he settles down a bit with Casemiro's signing.

No one has still gone in for him.

Antony and Casemiro and (possibly) De Jong might ensure he isn't crying. It's difficult for us to go for a #9 this window.

city-puma

Pogba by all accounts was never particularly "toxic" on a - say - personal level. He got on well with his team mates (this has been pretty much universally reported about him, both at club and national level).
This is almost for sure as what happened last season gradually surfaces bit by bit.
For me, I don’t think Pogba is lazy as many claim here. He has been on the downhill earlier than we thought. His physical and athletic levels are a lot worse than five years ago. It’s the reason why he is slow in recent seasons, imo.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
For me, I don’t think Pogba is lazy as many claim here. He has been on the downhill earlier than we thought. His physical and athletic levels are a lot worse than five years ago. It’s the reason why he is slow in recent seasons, imo.
That could be - I honestly don't care anymore, as he's not a United player.

But there's very little evidence to support the idea that he's ever been "toxic" in the dressing room (which is something many United fans have accused him of being).

Status
Not open for further replies.