Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Best outcome would be Ronaldo going to Napoli for a year loan (we paying his wage), while Osimhen moving to us for a year loan too (them paying his wage). That would give us a decent striker for a year, without paying big fee (we are out of budget right now), and they would have Ronaldo for a year too, without big wage. And of course, Ronaldo would get his chance to play in CL, in an easier league, and chance fight for some trophy in the last years of his career.

Win win win situation for all IMO.
Certainly would, however my fear is he goes before deadline and we don't sign replacement

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Certainly would, however my fear is he goes before deadline and we don't sign replacement
I think that would be the worst outcome. We definitely need another cover for striker. Martial isn't a reliable first choice CF, Rashford is in shite form and he isn't a number 9.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We have to hope he goes. He’s so toxic. I’ve shared details with a few posters on here via pms by now of what I have confirmed from being the scenes, and he is shocking for team morale. A real cnut of epic proportions. But what I never anticipated, when I said over and over, that he HAD to go, for the sake of the group otherwise the season would be a write off, I’ve actually been proven wrong on. And that is because ETH has quite clearly asserted his authority, and come out on top. To see Ronaldo reduced to a bit part substitute, is the best possible outcome for the squad to show them that starting spots are earned on merit and nothing else. The togetherness we’ve seen in the last two matches is a testament to this. Brilliant by the manager.

When he has come on, he’s looked a busted flush. Old, slow, off the pace, and frankly completely past it. It must be humbling for him, but if anyone ever needed to be humbled, it was this fecker. Temporary of course. Because he’ll go to Napoli, or another team in the CL but in a lower, slower league, score a few goals, and think he is the greatest player on earth again.

One thing for sure, is that Ronaldo is an all time great player, who once played for us at his peak. But he isn’t a club legend. He’s disrespected the club and it’s fans on both his stays here, desperately agitating for a move, and frankly no one does that to the club I love, and still gets considered a legend.

People will mention Rooney, and yes, I don’t think that was a good look at all when he asked to go to City. But he stayed, he saw the error of his ways, and he gave his all until the end. Mistakes can be forgiven, when there is remorse. You’ll never get remorse from Ronaldo. I really hope he fecks off before the window closes, not least because to spend 500k a week on a 38 year old has been, is a fecking terrible use of resources.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We have to hope he goes. He’s so toxic. I’ve shared details with a few posters on here via pms by now of what I have confirmed from being the scenes, and he is shocking for team morale. A real cnut of epic proportions. But what I never anticipated, when I said over and over, that he HAD to go, for the sake of the group otherwise the season would be a write off, I’ve actually been proven wrong on. And that is because ETH has quite clearly asserted his authority, and come out on top. To see Ronaldo reduced to a bit part substitute, is the best possible outcome for the squad to show them that starting spots are earned on merit and nothing else. The togetherness we’ve seen in the last two matches is a testament to this. Brilliant by the manager.

When he has come on, he’s looked a busted flush. Old, slow, off the pace, and frankly completely past it. It must be humbling for him, but if anyone ever needed to be humbled, it was this fecker. Temporary of course. Because he’ll go to Napoli, or another team in the CL but in a lower, slower league, score a few goals, and think he is the greatest player on earth again.

One thing for sure, is that Ronaldo is an all time great player, who once played for us at his peak. But he isn’t a club legend. He’s disrespected the club and it’s fans on both his stays here, desperately agitating for a move, and frankly no one does that to the club I love, and still gets considered a legend.

People will mention Rooney, and yes, I don’t think that was a good look at all when he asked to go to City. But he stayed, he saw the error of his ways, and he gave his all until the end. Mistakes can be forgiven, when there is remorse. You’ll never get remorse from Ronaldo. I really hope he fecks off before the window closes, not least because to spend 500k a week on a 38 year old has been, is a fecking terrible use of resources.
100% agree. I’ve been critical of Rooney previously, but he’s 100x the man Ronaldo is.

reelworld

I just don't understand why the pursuit of another forward depends on him leaving.
Surely by now everyone can see that he can't play the way the manager wants? It does not matter whether he's here or not, he shouldn't play at all. That's should be good enough for us to chase another striker. Martial isn't gonna play 40 matches a season. We'll be lucky to get 20 for him now. Rashford can't/wont play there anymore. A striker should be a priority now

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I just don't understand why the pursuit of another forward depends on him leaving.
Surely by now everyone can see that he can't play the way the manager wants? It does not matter whether he's here or not, he shouldn't play at all. That's should be good enough for us to chase another striker. Martial isn't gonna play 40 matches a season. We'll be lucky to get 20 for him now. Rashford can't/wont play there anymore. A striker should be a priority now
Budget. Everyone has a budget to maintain whether it be the transfer budget allocated at the start of every financial year or wages or even the groundsman.

HayabusaUtd

IF he goes on Loan we shouldn't be paying a penny of his wages. At worst he stays and is an effective impact sub.

We along with 6 other team are playing Europe/League/Europe consistently for the next 2 months so 2 games per week so gonna need a lot of players. ITs not the end of the world him staying ONLY if he's used as any 38 year old should. Impact sub or try to get late goals via hoofing it up.

Greck

Worst part is this thing could get really toxic if he stays and isn't allowed back as automatic starter. The whole thing reeks of delusion. Is angry about a wage cut when even the post cut wage is more than anyone will offer, wants a move away but is coming across as high maintenance prompting managers of interested clubs to strongly oppose buying him, we are the biggest club that wants him yet are not good enough for a player of his status, The free market has spoken but they are proceeding like we're this big obstacle to his leaving. I mean Joel Glazer is an idiot but the fact that we likely have to pay him to go play for someone else is frankly disgusting. Forfeit your goddamn wages already and facilitate your own move.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Let him stay and send him with the reserves. It would be epic to see his ego after that.

oneloop31

United really messed up his reputation. Neither benzema or lewandowski are asked to press during games like Ronaldo is asked under ten hag. Their stats shows similar to lesser work rate to that of Ronaldo's but they are regarded as the best players at the moment as they are constant fed by their functioning team during every game. If Ronaldo played in place of Benzema or Lewandowski in their respective teams, he will score at least the same amount of goals.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
United really messed up his reputation. Neither benzema or lewandowski are asked to press during games like Ronaldo is asked under ten hag. Their stats shows similar to lesser work rate to that of Ronaldo's but they are regarded as the best players at the moment as they are constant fed by their functioning team during every game. If Ronaldo played in place of Benzema or Lewandowski in their respective teams, he will score at least the same amount of goals.
What a massive, steaming pile of shite. Ronaldo is nowhere near the current level of either of those players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: That's some delusion

oneloop31

What a massive, steaming pile of shite. Ronaldo is nowhere near the current level of either of those players.
Yea, of course he's not. And, neither of them would be at their current level if they are playing in our team.

jungledrums

How did you chance upon these ‘details’?

GinobiliTheGOAT

Both Benzema and Lewa work FAR harder than Ronaldo does. Both Madrid and Barca would inarguably worse with Ronaldo than either of them. A lot worse.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Both Benzema and Lewa work FAR harder than Ronaldo does. Both Madrid and Barca would inarguably worse with Ronaldo than either of them. A lot worse.
Forget about work rate, both Lewa and Benz have better hold up ability, link up play and conversation rate than CR7. CR7 fanclub needs to lay off the copium man

Ted Lasso

I still think you are angry at the wrong people. I think your anger comes from people who minimise the idea of slavery despite it being possibly the worst evil in recorded history. Those people aren't the ones who refer to Ronaldo as a slave mockingly. The very thing they are mocking is how someone could possibly compare Ronaldo's plight of not being sold in 2008 to something so unspeakable. I do agree with 2 parts of what I have been following mind.
  1. It absolutely was Blatter who said it and Ronaldo probably just nodded and agreed because it was so awkward and Blatter was a very important man at that point.
  2. It was an insensitive and ugly use of the word and it probably is better just being forgotten rather than used as a type of meme for entitled wantaway players.
With that said the people saying it are still indirectly just highlighting how absurd the comparison was.

Lastly you just did something that is incredibly rare on internet forums in admitting you maybe made a slight misstep in how you expressed your thoughts, I find that highly commendable personally and appreciate it.

P.s Greenwood is a rotten little piece of shit and I hope I never see his face at Old Trafford again.
Cheers dude.

On a tangential plus side, the rumors around the possible Osihmnen swap are a welcome distraction for the muppet in me. That and Antony possibly taking that 11 shirt :D

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Why do you hate United so much? First, he toxifies the 1st team squad and now you want him to destroy the lives of the academy kids?
I don't hate United. I actually like the historical teams I grew up watching. Having been born in the early 80s I saw Arsenal when Arsenal was a serious contender for the league. I also saw a dominant United winning a ton of well deserved trophies. I was more in the Arsenal side because they were the under dogs but I liked United as well.
I only hate oil clubs. If CR7 were doing this to an oil club I wouldn't mind. But what he is doing to the club that made him into a star is disgusting. He was a good player when United got him but he would dribble too much and then lose a lot of balls. He became that scoring machine thanks to Sir Alex and United.

If the guy is asking to get his year of wages to leave then you don't save anything by doing so. Give him a lesson for being such an ingrate.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This has been long coming. The guy left Real because he felt that he was not 'indispensable' anymore. He then joined Juventus and he left with a sour note there as well. I am not suggesting that Ronaldo is finished. He scored 25 goals last season after all. However at age 37, with a half a million week salary and with his reluctance to accept the bench or accept anything that is not CL football, he does represent a huge risk. He is a too big of an influencer to have him unhappy on someone's bench.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't hate United. I actually like the historical teams I grew up watching. Having been born in the early 80s I saw Arsenal when Arsenal was a serious contender for the league. I also saw a dominant United winning a ton of well deserved trophies. I was more in the Arsenal side because they were the under dogs but I liked United as well.
I only hate oil clubs. If CR7 were doing this to an oil club I wouldn't mind. But what he is doing to the club that made him into a star is disgusting. He was a good player when United got him but he would dribble too much and then lose a lot of balls. He became that scoring machine thanks to Sir Alex and United.

If the guy is asking to get his year of wages to leave then you don't save anything by doing so. Give him a lesson for being such an ingrate.
A half a million weekly salary is big. We don't want to end up like, well, Barcelona. Not to forget that you don't keep someone like Ronaldo on the bench. He's far too big (and far too whiney) for him to stay there and not cause trouble inside the dressing room. In my opinion we should seek a peaceful resolution to the problem. We should agree to him leaving at mutual consent and with him paying a big chunk of his contract, which of course he would recoup once he signs elsewhere. The trouble now is replacing him.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
A half a million weekly salary is big. We don't want to end up like, well, Barcelona. Not to forget that you don't keep someone like Ronaldo on the bench. He's far too big (and far too whiney) for him to stay there and not cause trouble inside the dressing room. In my opinion we should seek a peaceful resolution to the problem. We should agree to him leaving at mutual consent and with him paying a big chunk of his contract, which of course he would recoup once he signs elsewhere. The trouble now is replacing him.
Barcelona didn’t end like this for a single player. Messi was earning over 100 million € a year and he well deserve it. The problem was giving insane contracts to a lot of players that didn’t deserve them. Piqué earns more than Van Dijk, Jordi Alba earns more than Robertson, Busquets earns more than Kanté, De Jong earns more than Bernardo Silva. And there were others like Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti that were also in insane levels.
Of course it would be better to reach a friendly agreement but I read that CR7 was asking to get his Full year's salary to leave. In that case you don't save any money by granting his wishes. I would rather see the ingrate being punished.

colombianmancunian

Totally agree with you. The man scored 25 goals for a team without ideas last season. He still got goals in him… But people here prefer crap such as Memphis depay

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Surely he must realise that no potential CL winner is signing him.
It will be so pathetic if he gets the move he desperately desires just to get knocked out of CL group stage, scoring feck all in the process.

The guy may have been a great footballer once, but he’s a major douche and completely in love with himself.

I can’t see us releasing him from his contract. Maybe on a free somebody will pick him up, but we wasted so much money on him…
Pep really pranked us, didn’t he? He never was after our darling goat.

ForeverRed1

Surely he must realise that no potential CL winner is signing him.
It will be so pathetic if he gets the move he desperately desires just to get knocked out of CL group stage, scoring feck all in the process.

The guy may have been a great footballer once, but he’s a major douche and completely in love with himself.

I can’t see us releasing him from his contract. Maybe on a free somebody will pick him up, but we wasted so much money on him…
Pep really pranked us, didn’t he? He never was after our darling goat.
Imagine he does CL, gets knocked out of the early stages and we go on to win something. Even a fa cup or whatever. That’s why it’s so silly that he demands to play in the champions league. He ain’t winning it unless he goes to one of the elite handful of clubs.

Boondog

He is completely fixated on CL goals and it is hard to blame him. Time is running out and he knows it.

And what happens if they don't find a way to move him they can stomach/afford. What does that look like a month from now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Yea, of course he's not. And, neither of them would be at their current level if they are playing in our team.
The point Is, in reference to your preposterous post, is that he wouldn’t be anywhere near their level even in their current teams.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Totally agree with you. The man scored 25 goals for a team without ideas last season. He still got goals in him… But people here prefer crap such as Memphis depay
He made our team worse. He scored 25 but the team scored way less. Because everything has to go through him, to him. He doesn’t run, he doesn’t work. He made us more predictable, which made us way worse. He got a high share of a low goals total. Better off scoring more goals and spreading the scoring around. No top team would touch him now. It’s no surprise that the worst run big club on the planet snapped him up. The guy is bench fodder at this point, or has to go to a lesser league. He’s not mobile enough, versatile enough, hard working enough, or team orientated enough to play in a team with actual top trophy aspirations anymore. The fact he’s publicly whored himself around Europe’s top clubs all summer, without a single offer, says it all really.

Add on top that he’s a narcissistic, toxic dickbag.

Jcrossley94

Don’t understand why at 37, as one of the richest sportsman to ever live, he wouldn’t just choose to go play somewhere for a reduced salary. Why at this point, does he need to be demanding 300-500k a week?

if he’s desperate to increase his CL legacy, go play for a reasonable wage.

Glorio

I think that would be the worst outcome. We definitely need another cover for striker. Martial isn't a reliable first choice CF, Rashford is in shite form and he isn't a number 9.
And we don't have any decent up and comers from the youth teams incidentally, as Garnacho favours the flanks it seems.

At the very worst, Elanga? Never seen him play CF for men's football though - did well in the youth ranks. I suspect he'll play CF better than Rashford though, simply because Rashford as a CF from what we've currently seen is just not a goer.

Jcrossley94

And we don't have any decent up and comers from the youth teams incidentally, as Garnacho favours the flanks it seems.

At the very worst, Elanga? Never seen him play CF for men's football though - did well in the youth ranks. I suspect he'll play CF better than Rashford though, simply because Rashford as a CF from what we've currently seen is just not a goer.
what happened to the talk of bringing in Aubameyang?

Glorio

what happened to the talk of bringing in Aubameyang?
Don't know to be honest, and I'd rather Memphis or someone else to be honest. We already know Aubameyang can be lazy, at 33 don't see him fitting ETH's pressing game.

Jcrossley94

Don't know to be honest, and I'd rather Memphis or someone else to be honest. We already know Aubameyang can be lazy, at 33 don't see him fitting ETH's pressing game.
Can Memphis play the central striker role?

don’t think Auba would be the worst short term cover for Ronaldo, knows the league, knows how to score, still at 33 more mobile than ronaldo.

rbnZz

Ronaldo is still great but I'm worried about his attitude in the game. He's pressing for 50% even against Liverpool. Van de Beek ain't good enough but he was running like Forrest Gump.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Rubbish.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Don’t understand why at 37, as one of the richest sportsman to ever live, he wouldn’t just choose to go play somewhere for a reduced salary. Why at this point, does he need to be demanding 300-500k a week?

if he’s desperate to increase his CL legacy, go play for a reasonable wage.
@moses explained it really well somewhere in the thread. It's about status and that kind of money which he gets while doesn't need command respect from other superficial and egoistic morons like himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.