Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.

SprintTriathlon

If anything I'd say the likelyhood of the son of a professional footballer making it is much higher that us regular folk making it. The amount of people that make it to the top leagues is already so tiny compared to the overall population, and considering a lot of active players today have fathers that played at the top level the percentage must be staggering in favour of the latter.

To add to the list:
Abedi Pelé with the Ayew brothers
Mazinho with Thiago and Rafinha
Danny Blind with Daley Blind
Patrick Kluivert with Justin Kluivert
Lillian Thuram with Marcus Thuram
Arnor Gudjohnsen with Eidur Gudjohnsen
Hamlet Mkhitaryan with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Claudio Reyna with Gio Reyna
George Weah with Timothy Weah
Rory Delap with Liam Delap
Souleyman Sane with Leroy Sane
Kasper as the other one said, then four players in the Norwegian National team are sons of former National team players:

Erling Braut Haaland (Alf- Inge Håland)
Alexander Sørloth (Real Sociedad on loan from RB Leipzig) - son of Gøran Sørloth (Rosenborg)
Kristian Thorstvedt Genk is son of goalkeeper Erik Thorstved, Spurs
Patrick Berg, Bodø Glimt is grandson of Harald Dutte Berg (in the -90ties named the best Norwegian player of all time), and son of Ørjan Berg, Rosenborg.

They are not all stars on the World stage but they do well in a Norwegian team on the rise.

Reactions: Penna

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I am sure he is ahead of Ronaldo at this age then Ronaldo was due to the fact he has had the luxury of Learning from his dad.

However his ambition most likely will be nowhere near that of his fathers.

United is essentially renting him because his mother has already stated he will follow his dads footsteps and play for Sporting youth academy.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Apparently this Ronaldo is better than his dad according to his grandma.
Ronaldo Jr. is very talented and outstanding for his age, still a long long way to go though, but I always thought Ronaldo may wait for his son debut to retire. Assume his son could debut as early as age 17, that will be 6 years from now (Ronaldo would be 42)

21-26 (age 36 to 41): Man Utd (assume he could manage to score around 30-40+ goals per seasons over the length of his current contract from 21-24, there's no reason for us not to extend his contract again on 1+1 until 26)

26-27 (age 41 to 42): Sporting? (will move back to Sporting for charity just to help his son, will retire after his son debut season who is about to turn age 17 by then)

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ronaldo Jr. is very talented and outstanding for his age, still a long long way to go though, but I always thought Ronaldo may wait for his son debut to retire. Assume his son could debut as early as age 17, that will be 6 years from now (Ronaldo would be 42)

21-26 (age 36 to 41): Man Utd (assume he could manage to score around 30-40+ goals per seasons over the length of his current contract from 21-24, there's no reason for us not to extend his contract again on 1+1 until 26)

26-27 (age 41 to 42): Sporting? (will move back to Sporting for charity just to help his son, will retire after his son debut season who is about to turn age 17 by then)
I truly believe Ronaldo will end his career in Sporting.

For his mom for the club and because for his story and “PR” it would be perfect.

Would be a story book ending.

Maybe play a season with his son at Sporting as well.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
No stepovers? I am starting to doubt his parentage or is he just being rebellious teen?
You're right. Aint no Ronaldo's son if he doesn't do 10 step overs before touching the ball. Wouldn't surprise me if he's actually closest to Juan Mata than Ronaldo type of player.

EtH

I truly believe Ronaldo will end his career in Sporting.

For his mom for the club and because for his story and “PR” it would be perfect.

Would be a story book ending.

Maybe play a season with his son at Sporting as well.
We’re not selling, pal. just kidding it will be storybook stuff

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The Thurams, Kluiverts, just to add a couple.more names to the fray. Best duo for me has to be the Schmeichels though unless we're including Cesare Maldini's managerial achievements.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If anything I'd say the likelyhood of the son of a professional footballer making it is much higher that us regular folk making it. The amount of people that make it to the top leagues is already so tiny compared to the overall population, and considering a lot of active players today have fathers that played at the top level the percentage must be staggering in favour of the latter.

To add to the list:
Abedi Pelé with the Ayew brothers
Mazinho with Thiago and Rafinha
Danny Blind with Daley Blind
Patrick Kluivert with Justin Kluivert
Lillian Thuram with Marcus Thuram
Arnor Gudjohnsen with Eidur Gudjohnsen
Hamlet Mkhitaryan with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Claudio Reyna with Gio Reyna
George Weah with Timothy Weah
Rory Delap with Liam Delap
Souleyman Sane with Leroy Sane
Frederico Chiesa son of Enrico Chiesa.

TwoSheds

Cesare won 4 serie A and a European cup. He was an extremely good Player as well.
Im sure he was. But Peter Schmeichel is one of the best goalkeepers of all time, and his son has won the Prem and FA Cup not with AC Milan but Leicester! Nice run with his country in the Euros this summer too.

Bertie Wooster

Bringing the thread back to Ronaldo Jnr, I heard he scored a well taken goal at lunch time today - but was then threatened with detention for trying a rainbow flick when 3-1 up. :D

Nero

Means nothing ultimately. As soon as Ronaldo leaves United his son will leave too.

MiceOnMeth

Hopefully we slip a "can't feck off to Madrid" clause into his contract

Revan

Assumptionman
He will just use us a stepping stone and join Madrid when he becomes good. Sell him ASAP, I say.

TwoSheds

He's contracted now, can't leave just like that.
He definitely can. You're never really tied down until you turn 17 and get your pro contract. The club who signs him might need to pay some compensation or something but I think it's minimal if so.

LInkash

Maybe we can loan him to Sporting if his family really wants him to play for them.