Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.

Adamsk7

Fabio Rochemback

Yeah but it was obvious. Kid will be a star though - he’s had unprecedented access to some of the best academies in the world and is learning different styles and tactics as well as culture. He’s also got that narcissist as a father who will probably stop at nothing to make sure his son makes it to the top….just not quite as good…
I'm struggling to think of a single example of a top player's son going on to reach the top.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yeah but it was obvious. Kid will be a star though - he’s had unprecedented access to some of the best academies in the world and is learning different styles and tactics as well as culture. He’s also got that narcissist as a father who will probably stop at nothing to make sure his son makes it to the top….just not quite as good…
No guarantee the kid will be a star. Looking at other examples, it never happens.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm struggling to think of a single example of a top player's son going on to reach the top.
Kasper Schmeichel?

Finn Laudrup played a bunch of times for Denmark. Both his sons turned out alright as well.

Fabio Rochemback

Haaland…. Oh wait! His Dad was shite :lol:

Kasper won himself a PL title.

Chiesa a decent shout.
Chiesa is decent shout yeah, I forgot him.

Cesare Maldini son didn't turn out to be too bad
Only got 14 caps for Italy, was he really a "top" player?

Never seen his sons play but considering they play for Monchengladbach and Nice I doubt they're "top" players.

Kasper Schmeichel?

Finn Laudrup played a bunch of times for Denmark. Both his sons turned out alright as well.
Schmeichel is a pretty good shout too.

I know there are many, many, many examples of players whose dads played too, I'm talking about ones who went close to the very top.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Seba Veron's dad was a footballer too.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

I know there are many, many, many examples of players whose dads played too, I'm talking about ones who went close to the very top.
Cesare Maldini, yes in his day he was a big name in in Italian football, when his son started playing the usual "wont ever be as good as his dad" types of comments did the rounds.

Gee Male

Never seen his sons play but considering they play for Monchengladbach and Nice I doubt they're "top" players.
Didn't one come on before half time in the world cup final, as well as in a bunch of games through the tournament? Surely you seen him play?

Playing 80mins + of a world cup final qualifies him as a top player in my book. Maybe not elite necessarily, but definitely top player.

Fabio Rochemback

But not a top one.

There are tonnes of father and son footballers, but very few that can be considered top footballer fathers and top footballer sons.
There are barely any brothers that fit the bill either. The de Boers and Laudrups I guess would be the best examples I can think of

Fabio Rochemback

Didn't one come on before half time in the world cup final, as well as in a bunch of games through the tournament? Surely you seen him play?
Oh yeah sure, that and the semis. I don't really remember anything about how he played.

cyberman

Wasn’t Pele the son of a footballer? Kluivert son is running about somewhere as well

edit wasn’t [Irrelevant point] grandfather a member of Madrids dominating 50/60s team?

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Feel sorry as he must be living with huge expectations on his shoulders.
Boys his age are supposed to enjoy their childhood by playing Mortal Kombat and Sonic the dog.

Nero

Why are people just listing father and son combos? That wasn't the question.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Schmeichel is a pretty good shout too.

[/QUOTE]

I think he did very well. 4 league titles, 2 European finals (one won, one lost) and he was the first Italian to lift the European cup when he kept Eusebio at bay. Don't forget that He played in a cash strapped ac milan that was forced to play a friendly after the European cup final lost vs Real so they could pay their tickets home.

Regarding the national team, we all know how political things can be on that front. Maguire play with England on a regular basis despite being our 3rd-4th choice. I CB. Italy wasn't fairing too greatly at the time. They failed to qualify in the 1958 WC and they crashed out in the 1962 WC in the group stages

oskarutd

Am I the only one remembering the great twins Willy and René van de Kerkhof?

Fabio Rochemback

I think he did very well. 4 league titles, 2 European finals (one won, one lost) and he was the first Italian to lift the European cup when he kept Eusebio at bay. Don't forget that He played in a cash strapped ac milan that was forced to play a friendly after the European cup final lost vs Real so they could pay their tickets home.

Regarding the national team, we all know how political things can be on that front. Maguire play with England on a regular basis despite being our 3rd-4th choice. I CB. Italy wasn't fairing too greatly at the time. They failed to qualify in the 1958 WC and they crashed out in the 1962 WC in the group stages
[/QUOTE]
Fair point, I barely knew anything about him, thanks :D

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Thing is it shouldn't be expected that he is good, he's only got half of his dad's DNA.

The other half is his mum and I don't recall her scoring from 40yds versus Porto.