Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

Get fecked Cristiano. Self-absorbed piece of trash.

Can’t wait to see him at his next club flapping his arms like a frustrated dodo as he destroys another attack yet again. Under any semi decent pressing manager he is going to be exposed as he finally will be forced to accept that Father Time has caught up with him.

Strootman's Finger

People always say this, worst United team they've ever seen. We've had worse teams over the past decade. For one when Januzai looked like the next coming of Ronaldo under Moyes.
Fairly equal to the last few months of Moyes.

Affirmation

It was worth it to stop him going to them lot, but ultimately, he probably shouldn't have returned when he did. Especially with the Glazer's now probably selling the club, the timing just wasn't right.

Greck

If he wanted a payout he wouldn't have agreed to mutual termination it's as simple as that. The whole interview was to achieve this, small folk might get angry that he got what he wanted but far more importantly so did Ten Hag.
He reportedly did the interview without legal counsel. Mendes reportedly didn't know. This wasn't some well though out affair, it's an impulsive need to vent and it cost him a lot of money. If he didn't care about his contract in the summer all those clubs wouldn't have been asking us to cover his wages and he wouldn't have been mad about the 25% CL paycut. He shot himself in the foot and we got what we wanted.

Fooza

I'm not defending Ronaldo, I think he was wrong to mis preseason, don't fully buy his story because his wife we at a concert in the time frame he talked about, I don't think he has played well this season, and even affected the way the team played. I think the interview was horrible, and worth a sacking.

But Ronaldo, one of, if not the greatest player ever, is a United legend. You may not see it now, but he is, he won everything important with the club and was well on his way to being the best player in the world while at United. And reading through this thread, and I am seeing, cnut, scumbag, snake, good riddance, feck off, etc, etc. Now people have a right to be unhappy with how things played out, but I would hope to see a lot more, what a shame the way this played out, too bad the glazers didn't sanction this move in the summer when Ten Hag and Ronaldo both wanted it, what a sad way for this relationship to end, etc, etc. I guess I'll just have to assume, this is an internet message board and probably the bulk of posts are from kids, that probably didn't even see Ronaldo play for United the first time.

Personally I am glad this is over, but I am gutted about it, not happy.
I watched him play for Utd the first time round, he was great but the moment he wanted to leave and the way he went about it, he was nowhere near legend status for me. and many share that thought too.

Strootman's Finger

We were fecking awful under LVG too for the most part.
Different though, we were boring, they just literally gave up last year. The fact people talk this way about Ronaldo but are back to worshipping Rashford, when his attitude and performances last year was as bad as Ronaldo's now, is beyond me.

cpresc

If indeed he has left without a payout, he’s now a free transfer and will command a huge sign on fee - so that will cover any ‘loss’

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
A few years down the road, when the dust settles on all this, Ronaldo's been retired a few years, and people talk about Ronaldo being one of the greatest ever, I guarantee a large portion of these people will be calling him a United legend again.
Opinions do mellow over time but I can't see many of the 'not a legend' types changing their tune. They've already been saying it for 13 years.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So happy this got dealt with very fast. We won't have to deal with the uncertainty now. I don't have any negative feelings towards Ronaldo now tbh, just happy this is behind us

Strootman's Finger

I watched him play for Utd the first time round, he was great but the moment he wanted to leave and the way he went about it, he was nowhere near legend status for me. and many share that thought too.
I felt that way at the time, I never really liked him through his first round, but I got over that. For me, I just got older and viewed things different, I took it personal when he left, and how he treated the club. Now looking back on it, he gave us a few good seasons, part of us winning everything and he wanted to move onto the biggest club in football. We do that to other clubs all the time, Ajax this summer, we can't hold grudges forever when occasionally we are on the other end of it.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Could've been option 3) age gracefully and accept you are 37 and go the mentorship route and accept an impact sub role to help the team and your legacy even more
Was that ever an option for him though. He's a type 1 personality like Leno, insanely competitive, thats what made him a Goat. But they're notorious for being reluctant to let go of the spotlight.

Kopral Jono

I'm not defending Ronaldo, I think he was wrong to mis preseason, don't fully buy his story because his wife we at a concert in the time frame he talked about, I don't think he has played well this season, and even affected the way the team played. I think the interview was horrible, and worth a sacking.

But Ronaldo, one of, if not the greatest player ever, is a United legend. You may not see it now, but he is, he won everything important with the club and was well on his way to being the best player in the world while at United. And reading through this thread, and I am seeing, cnut, scumbag, snake, good riddance, feck off, etc, etc. Now people have a right to be unhappy with how things played out, but I would hope to see a lot more, what a shame the way this played out, too bad the glazers didn't sanction this move in the summer when Ten Hag and Ronaldo both wanted it, what a sad way for this relationship to end, etc, etc. I guess I'll just have to assume, this is an internet message board and probably the bulk of posts are from kids, that probably didn't even see Ronaldo play for United the first time.

I agree with you that he's a United legend -- I don't care what other people say. And I agree with you that the abuse he gets on this forum and elsewhere can go a bit overboard on occasions. But at the same time I also happen to think that he's tarnished his legacy so bad that I sometimes even feel the abuse he gets is warranted.

My point is it's never black and white with these things.

adamwest

Kompany just saying he wouldn't take him at Burnley as he "needs players that run"

CallyRed

Kompany mugged off Ronaldo there :lol:
Was asked if he would take him at Burnley, said they need players that run.

Strootman's Finger

I agree with you that he's a United legend -- I don't care what other people say. And I agree with you that the abuse he gets on this forum and elsewhere can go a bit overboard on occasions. But at the same time I also happen to think that he's tarnished his legacy so bad that I sometimes even feel the abuse he gets is warranted.

My point is it's never black and white with these things.
More people need to think like you. And I do agree he tarnished his legacy, he just didn't wipe it out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

He is not our legend. Never was and for sure is not after all this

TheReligion

Abusive
Kompany, the Burnley manager, just asked if he’d take him at his club.

He replied ‘we need players that can run’

RedDevilRoshi

Lineker asked Kompany if he would take Ronaldo at Burnley.

Kompany’s response - “we need player’s that can run”

:lol:

Greck

Now has the headache of finding a new club in between World cup games.

Fooza

I felt that way at the time, I never really liked him through his first round, but I got over that. For me, I just got older and viewed things different, I took it personal when he left, and how he treated the club. Now looking back on it, he gave us a few good seasons, part of us winning everything and he wanted to move onto the biggest club in football. We do that to other clubs all the time, Ajax this summer, we can't hold grudges forever when occasionally we are on the other end of it.
I think the problem is the word 'legend' has a different criteria list to everyone, it's subjective and that's why people will class him as a legend and others will not . He's more of a RM legend for how much he wanted to be there, what he done there and he'd have stayed there till retirement if he had the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.