Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Any chance Maguire offers Ronaldo the club captaincy as a mark of respect? I think everyone will see Ronny as the true leader and captain of this team anyway even without physically having the captains armband (our best player and our most senior/experienced in terms of trophies/caps). But I think from a marketing/commercial and PR perspective, it'll be like the Golden Goose for the club/Glazeiers and make even more $$$$$ having Ronny be captain for both club and country. The fans love him and he would be like the bridge between the fans and players/club

not to mention players like Rashford, Lingaard, Greenwood etc all look upto Ronny and admire him as most was kids in the Academy when Ronny was here last time. Plus he played with Ole so will be Ole's "right hand man" on the field.. It'll be a great story :keano:

Also didn't Maguire become club captain straight away when he joined? Imagine all the scenes of the players and staff trying to get selfies with him in training on Wednesday? :lol: he will be mobbed it'll be manic won't be much training! Also Manchester United now has a woman's team which they didn't have when Ronny was here before.. and most of them are big Ronaldo fangirls following him on social media even before he joined United:lol:
Maguire is in my opinion a meah captain and a decent but massively overrated player. However I wouldn't replace him as captain

A- Our Achilles heel remains around the defensive area (DM and RB). We need someone to scream at McFred and AWB back. There's no chance in hell that Ronaldo would ever bother of what happens that deep in midfield/defense. He didn't cared about that in his prime and at age 36 he certainly lack the feet to start doing that now
B- Ronaldo's ego is as big as OT and all he cares about is scoring goals. If we give him the captaincy then we'll end up Ronaldo FC with every player being expected to make Ronaldo look good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How do you take a metro and then drive? You've left your car behind!

Just take the car direct.
Obviously you have to drive to the metro first.
And you need to drive as how are you getting in from the Premier Inn I listed?

spiriticon

Obviously you have to drive to the metro first.
And you need to drive as how are you getting in from the Premier Inn I listed?
No, I get that bit but once you're taken the metro from Runcorn to Altrincham, you have no car since it would be in Runcorn? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

Not that I'm thinking of booking it, just not sure how this travel system works in my head :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it’s more people who can’t get a ticket wanting to be part of the atmosphere.
Must be, as the crowd won't be higher than usual, but you don't usually get every hotel within 30miles rammed.
Although there is a test match on too which doesn't help and probably accounts for...tens of people .

Hawks2008

Any chance Maguire offers Ronaldo the club captaincy as a mark of respect? I think everyone will see Ronny as the true leader and captain of this team anyway even without physically having the captains armband (our best player and our most senior/experienced in terms of trophies/caps). But I think from a marketing/commercial and PR perspective, it'll be like the Golden Goose for the club/Glazeiers and make even more $$$$$ having Ronny be captain for both club and country. The fans love him and he would be like the bridge between the fans and players/club

not to mention players like Rashford, Lingaard, Greenwood etc all look upto Ronny and admire him as most was kids in the Academy when Ronny was here last time. Plus he played with Ole so will be Ole's "right hand man" on the field.. It'll be a great story :keano:

Also didn't Maguire become club captain straight away when he joined? Imagine all the scenes of the players and staff trying to get selfies with him in training on Wednesday? :lol: he will be mobbed it'll be manic won't be much training! Also Manchester United now has a woman's team which they didn't have when Ronny was here before.. and most of them are big Ronaldo fangirls following him on social media even before he joined United:lol:
If Maguire for whatever reason stops being captain then it should go to Bruno, he's the heart and soul of the team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, I get that bit but once you're at Altrincham metro, you have no car since it would be in Runcorn? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

Not that I'm thinking of booking it, just not sure how this travel system works in my head :lol:
You drive from Runcorn premier Inn to the Altrincham metro. Park up.
Take the metro to OT.

After the game take the metro from OT to Altrincham metro.

Get into your car, 20min drive to the Premier Inn.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I often split the trip up by driving a bit down the country. Otherwise you wake up the next day and have the full drive.

Not necessarily to Runcorn. Crewe or Northwich or somewhere often work well.

JB7

This is a great example of a terrible idea.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Maguire is in my opinion a meah captain and a decent but massively overrated player.
He's better than decent, come on.

Maguire is a very good player with some obvious flaws/weaknesses (that most reasonable United fans are aware of).

He might be somewhat overrated by a certain segment - but not massively.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Went to Adidas store in town this morning they‘re out of numbers/letters for most of the kits, they had the home cup lettering left and the rest was done, i placed my order and the backlog is days old I’ve gotta call back tomorrow to see if it’s even done.

The guy in the store said he’s never seen anything like it.
That’s insane!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Went to Adidas store in town this morning they‘re out of numbers/letters for most of the kits, they had the home cup lettering left and the rest was done, i placed my order and the backlog is days old I’ve gotta call back tomorrow to see if it’s even done.

The guy in the store said he’s never seen anything like it.
Not surprising, as you have to wait to October to get a Ronaldo 7 kit online now!
Ludicrous.

RDCR07

I always don't get it why clubs (such as United) can pay a player €450k a week and we need five €3m-a-year installments to pay Juventus €15m.

Insane.
Every club does it. Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or not. It’s just makes sense financially and for accounting purposes.

devilish

He's better than decent, come on.

Maguire is a very good player with some obvious flaws/weaknesses (that most reasonable United fans are aware of).

He might be somewhat overrated by a certain segment - but not massively.
He sits in the area between good and WC. Bar Varane he's better then any CB bought since Sir Alex retired. However Vidic, Rio, Stam and even Pally are way better CBs then he is. I dare adding Johnsen to the list as well.

RDCR07

He sits in the area between good and WC. Bar Varane he's better then any CB bought since Sir Alex retired. However Vidic, Rio, Stam and even Pally are way better CBs then he is. I dare adding Johnsen to the list as well.
We haven’t really bought CBs in since Alex retired. Blind and Rojo were bought in as LBs and converted to CBs.

RizzyMUFC

I always don't get it why clubs (such as United) can pay a player €450k a week and we need five €3m-a-year installments to pay Juventus €15m.

Insane.
We don't NEED to. But it's better to do so from a book balancing point of view. Makes it easier to not have large outlays especially for future signings etc. Why commit in bulk when you can spread the costs. Also makes it a lot easier to stay within FFP rules

devilish

Insane.
We don't need five 3m a year installments to pay Juventus 15m. However Juve was desperate to let him go and we took them to the cleaners. Man City wanted to take it a step further then we did. They wanted Ronaldo on a free so in some ways we were being generous.

Juve is not our friend. They took Pogba on a free and then they made us pay silly money to have him back. They'll probably try the same trick with us with the same player in few months time. So why should we be generous with them?

Gazza

We don't need five 3m a year installments to pay Juventus 15m. However Juve was desperate to let him go and we took them to the cleaners. Man City wanted to take it a step further then we did. They wanted Ronaldo on a free so in some ways we were being generous.

Juve is not our friend. They took Pogba on a free and then they made us pay silly money to have him back. They'll probably try the same trick with us with the same player in few months time. So why should we be generous with them?
It’s got nothing to do with our relationship with Juventus and you know it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.