Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I still can't believe it. This is Cristiano Ronaldo. OUR RONALDO. The kid who joined us at a young age. The one who turned into a man here.

We loved him so much, and we always have. Even though he broke our heart and left, there was always love either in the form of old memories or resent. WE LOVED HIM. Along his journey, when the Madrid fans booed him, we cheered him. When the Juve fans thought of where they could fit him, we always knew where his home is.

We have always been there and shown unconditional love. Now he's here... Manchester Uniteds Cristiano Ronaldo. In red.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I think he became more team-oriented his final 2 seasons at Real personally.

Juventus weren't great in the end also tbf. Their team declined a lot.

I think his link-up play will be better here.
Man, I really think he was his time there at Juve. They had become so insignificant. It was pointless.

Eddy_JukeZ

Man, I really think he was his time there at Juve. They had become so insignificant. It was pointless.
Yeah it was a bad move for both parties honestly.

I honestly think if we were in this state back in 2018, we would have signed him then once he wanted to leave Real.

We had the toxic one as a manager though and the wheels were coming off the bus.

Fully Fledged

Ronaldo will pobably be the oldest player of his type at the top level in a few years. His years spent living like a monk when it comes to nutrition and looking after his body is likely to pay off.
You do realise that the monastic orders played a massive part in perfecting beer making across Europe? Monks aren't tea total.

RetroStu

Having not watched him much recently, I thought we’d be getting purely a goal scorer but his dribbling and skills are still ridiculous. Can’t fecking wait.
Well he plays more as a striker than a winger these days. I'm sure he could still do a job on the left if needed though.

laughtersassassin

As soon as I saw Rios shifty eyes I new this was done.

Then when Oles press conference happened there wasn't a doubt in my mind

RedDevilRoshi

I struggled to sleep at all last night. Just in pure excitement that Cristiano has returned home! Still can't believe it! :D

Tiber

After all these years we finally sign Sancho to fill the void Ronaldo left on the right (Valencia had a few good seasons at RW, not sure Oberton, Zaha and Di Maria were quite the same) and Ronaldo himself finally comes home

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's reportedly on £485,000 per week.

For each shirt sold, how much do you think Man United gets?
As per the Athletic Woodward was easily convinced by Ole to go after Ronaldo.

With our Adidas sponsorship expiring in 2023, and I'm assuming the bids will be invited sometime next year, the reason for Ronaldo was to just have strong numbers going into the next cycle. In the current environment and our results in last 10 years, I don't think Adidas or Nike would have paid more than 75m an year (which we're getting now), but with the sales numbers that we'll show now, there is a good chance of bagging a bigger sponsorship deal

Polar

Both Ronaldo and Grealish will cost between £30-35m a year. Grealish probably a little bit more than Ronaldo.

I have no doubt Ronaldo will have more impact on United the next two years then Grealish would’ve had. Ronaldo will also generate more income. Grealish’s advantage is resale value.

Anyway.. I think we’ve made a great deal - a deal which in my view is better than the Grealish deal.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The stock price went up $200m yesterday on the back of United's tweet. It will probably go up again when he actually signs.
No it didn't :lol:

The market cap went up, and will probably revert back to normal on monday or during the week.
Stocks go up & down, it doesn't mean it automatically puts money into the pockets of the Glazers.

Real Name

He realized how much he was loved at OT and how much more love he'll get if he comes back. He never got that at Madrid and Juventus. Of course he realized that thanks to Fergie, Evra, Rio, Bruno.. Love how involved our former players are in and around the club. That's the famous United way. :)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Just look at his goals. Cavani is officially now second choice or a bench player. I would say we are getting back a complete player now

Fully Fledged

No it didn't :lol:

The market cap went up, and will probably revert back to normal on monday or during the week.
Stocks go up & down, it doesn't mean it automatically puts money into the pockets of the Glazers.
We will see if it goes back down Monday, but that is not the important thing. What it was is a sign of the interest Ronaldo has on the stock market. The way that the Glazers will make money out of this is the way they make money out of the club in general. It will put up the price that companies are prepared to pay for sponsorship deals. We'll probably have a new water sponsor by the end of the week.

SirAF

Ageist

With our Adidas sponsorship expiring in 2023, and I'm assuming the bids will be invited sometime next year, the reason for Ronaldo was to just have strong numbers going into the next cycle. In the current environment and our results in last 10 years, I don't think Adidas or Nike would have paid more than 75m an year (which we're getting now), but with the sales numbers that we'll show now, there is a good chance of bagging a bigger sponsorship deal
Had not realized that, bloody hope Nike comes back.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
You know when Ronaldo was here during his younger days, how the crowd used to stand in anticipation of something everytime he got the ball. Well, I can't wait to see that again! Feck yes this feels good!

R'hllor

Props to him and his agent, they pulled off whole trick in record speed without a glitch.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
We will see if it goes back down Monday, but that is not the important thing. What it was is a sign of the interest Ronaldo has on the stock market. The way that the Glazers will make money out of this is the way they make money out of the club in general. It will put up the price that companies are prepared to pay for sponsorship deals. We'll probably have a new water sponsor by the end of the week.
That I can agree with, commercially we will do very well from this.
Just saying stuff like "The stock price went up $200m" is very, very incorrect.

bakalhau

It's so good having you guys that haven't followed him day in, day out, for years, checking some of his Juventus compilations posted here and realizing how good this guy is still at his age, :drool:

RUCK4444

Just look at his goals. Cavani is officially now second choice or a bench player. I would say we are getting back a complete player now
Watched it earlier, all sorts of goals, great finishing, awesome in the air some nice dribbling too. What you would expect from the player.

His movement and positioning in the box is still probably the best on the planet. We have to create chances for him, if we do then we have a world class finisher to put them away.

If we can work a miracle to get a DM (greedy I know) then we have the perfect transfer window. But even if we don't this is the best transfer window I can remember. :D

reddyornot

Cristiano just needs to score five goals.
The winners in our home matches against Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Spurs and Manchester City.

RuudTom83

It might not be enough…but it’s going to get a United very very very close.

Dreaming of Ronaldo lifting a trophy again but with Ole as manager! goosebumps.

theklr

What are we thinking now then, Cavani and Ronaldo alternating between no 9? What will happen to Greenwoods ST development? Is Martial now 100% out of the team? Or is there enough cup games around to make it a non-issue?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ronaldo will obviously attract a lot of attention from the opposition. This, in turn, will give other players more space to work in and take advantage of the situation.

theklr

But isnt Ronaldo only contracted until 2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.