Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stone

And he has been booked and will not go to Azerbaijan. Legend.
He got Ali Daei's record. He doesn't need to play pointless games against far-away minnows any more. Better to focus on winning the PL-CL double.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
United have the best scorer in the sport on their team.

Anyone who thinks other wise is insane.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I said nothing about whether he improves us or not. But obviously he would’ve scored one of if not a few of those free headers against Southampton, so yes I think he improves us. In the same breath I think Sancho is one unlucky boy at the moment and may find chances tough to come by this season.

The question though is how much Ronaldo improves us and whether or not Ole can find the balance we need to properly challenge with him in the team. Ronaldo will do what he does. The questions are all left up to the manager now.
Fair enough. But that's part of the reason I don't get the "I don't see where he fits in" posts. He fills a key weakness in the squad. Good headers and finishers in the box. The only good header we have is Cavani and his availability is questionable and his finishing is streaky. I think we're competitive enough against the big teams to be in the mix, we just need someone who'll win us the close games like the Southampton game.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Gets the headlines with two deadly finishes.

If I've a bit if concern about his performance it's that he really was ineffective for 88 minutes.
I'd disagree with that, he looked dangerous when he had the ball, Portugals tactics were terrible though.

cyberman

If I've a bit if concern about his performance it's that he really was ineffective for 88 minutes.
He’s a box player now, a finisher. He needs chances but he will score them every time.

Pronewbie

Peep
He hasn't kicked a ball for us and we have United fans willing him to fail and thinking he's got off lightly for that performance because of their prediction that he's going to flop here. Feckin' incredible.

It's Ronaldo we're talking about. Even if he ends up only being decent this season, the fans will be delighted to have him back. You can bet the sponsors will, too. Mental.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Even if that were true and it wasn’t down to tumescent tactics from a negative manager, who cares if he does that and wins us the game??

His mentality is another level.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I like how @Pogue Mahone is teasy about Ronaldo sinking Ireland despite being generally poor for 90 mins but at the same time comforting himself that Ronaldo is going to make the opposition fans feel like he’s feeling right now plenty of times this season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I like how @Pogue Mahone is teasy about Ronaldo sinking Ireland despite being generally poor for 90 mins but at the same time comforting himself that Ronaldo is going to make the opposition fans feel like he’s feeling right now plenty of times this season.
Exactly. Fair to say those two goals caused very mixed emotions!

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
So Portugal have a friendly against Qatar on 4 September, and the qualifier against Azerbaijan on 7 September he is suspended for. Which is useful. A full week of rest before Newcastle.

bosskeano

just bagged two goals in 2nd half stoppage time for Portugal to beat Ireland 2-1....good for him sucks for Ireland

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So Portugal have a friendly against Qatar on 4 September, and the qualifier against Azerbaijan on 7 September he is suspended for. Which is useful. A full week of rest before Newcastle.
He is fecking starting against Newcastle isn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.