Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

Fair enough. But that's part of the reason I don't get the "I don't see where he fits in" posts. He fills a key weakness in the squad. Good headers and finishers in the box. The only good header we have is Cavani and his availability is questionable and his finishing is streaky. I think we're competitive enough against the big teams to be in the mix, we just need someone who'll win us the close games like the Southampton game.
Agreed. My last post of the day so don’t take offense if I can’t reply further, but I see Shaw racking up quite a few assists this season. Ronaldo will feast on his crosses.

But the real concern is whether the midfield will be up to the challenge because let’s face it none of our attackers aside from Bruno and Cavani put a proper shift in. It is tough to maintain consistent results when you are being overrun in midfield. But this again is something the manager has to navigate.

R'hllor

There are positive and negative sides of his current game but if people expect him to put 9 muppets on his back while they doing feck all, think that wont happen, goals tonight for example, we will need to feed him with such crosses etc.

Chief123

What was brilliant about the equaliser was how he was the only player to instinctively move towards the area he expected the ball to come. All the other Portuguese attackers just carried on moving towards the goal whereas Ronaldo drop backwards for the cut back. Amazing instinct and an absolute animal.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He was off it tonight but 2 goals. 2 wonderful headers that any striker through the ages would be proud of.

The way he makes Coleman look like an amateur is ridiculous. It must be so frustrating. I bet he thought he had him covered but he just gets in front of him before he has time to react — it’s something from the playground when the kid who’s really good at football just takes the piss out of everyone.

Komedy

So tonight CR7 set a new world record as the leading international goal scorer of all time, as a United player :devil: :cool:

Woodenlung

Even if that were true and it wasn’t down to tumescent tactics from a negative manager, who cares if he does that and wins us the game??

His mentality is another level.
Ireland are a very poor side though. They're comprised of mostly young players and Championship/Low level Premier League lads. United, especially with our midfield, won't have things as easy as Portugal did in progressing the ball into Ireland's box.

cyberman

Ireland are a very poor side though. They're comprised of mostly young players and Championship/Low level Premier League lads. United, especially with our midfield, won't have things as easy as Portugal did in progressing the ball into Ireland's box.
Have you seen his record over the last few years? He isn’t playing Ireland every week

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Have you seen his record over the last few years? He isn’t playing Ireland every week
Yeah, but there's also zero proof that he can score against big teams either since he's not exactly done much in his career up to this point.
I like turtles

cyberman

Yeah, but there's also zero proof that he can score against big teams either since he's not exactly done much in his career up to this point.
I like turtles
It’s really strange. People are acting as if everything is reset once he signed for us so he has everything to prove starting form…now. He is old and immobile until he can prove otherwise starting from August 28.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Ronaldo Winner :drool:
That really is some header.
I've watched it about twenty times now and it gets better every time.
From the movement to get back on side to the hang he managed to get in the air.
A beautiful goal

croadyman

Come on Ronny slack off the game on Sat and head to Manchester early, nah I know they will want him to be involved in that for marketing purposes but hopefully they can release him as he is suspended for the game next Tuesday.

Last edited:

Polar

Everyone, including me, say Ronaldo is over the top. Off course he is, but buy saying that many also probably underestimate Ronaldo. I think he will have great impact on United. Can’t wait to see him in action :)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I like turtles
All those goals because he always play for best teams. He needs to prove himself, by playing for small teams like Stokes, or Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.