g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

evil_geko

I’m just happy to see Cristiano Ronaldo enjoying himself.

Cristiano Ronaldo in 2023/24
14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Anybody knows why Ten hag prefers to keep Martial over Ronaldo? How many goals Martial scored since Ronaldo left?
Stop, Ronaldo is finished, and he is a cnut too, that helped with the decision.

SirScholes

What was the footballing reason Ten hag prefer to keep Martial over Ronaldo? Martial is stealing a living. This surly sulker is the testament to all thats wrong with United. Why are we still paying this lazy incompetent clown?
Because no one would buy him, next ?

Red Rash

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Anybody knows why Ten hag prefers to keep Martial over Ronaldo? How many goals Martial scored since Ronaldo left?
I think he'd of preferred to get rid of both with the right replacement. Ronaldo is a beast for sure but the Saudi league is a bit of a joke. If Martial could stay fit he'd probably also score a ton of goals over there.

Rockets Redglare

I think he'd of preferred to get rid of both with the right replacement. Ronaldo is a beast for sure but the Saudi league is a bit of a joke. If Martial could stay fit he'd probably also score a ton of goals over there.
He would 100%. Ighalo scores for fun over there and has 5 in 5 for his new club.

Ted Lasso

14 games
15 goals
5 assists
So I admit that I originally considered his move to be a bit a retirement stats padding. And then this last winter and summer we saw a pretty large number of very very decent level players moving to the same league.

Today he's scored a double in a 4-3 win against a team that has Frank Kessie and Riyad Mahrez on the score sheet, two players that would have improved us.

It's certainly not a joke league. I'll respect the continuing goal tally much more than Pele adding friendlies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Its true but Ronaldo is competing/playing with the likes of Benzema, Neymar, Mahrez, Mane, Mitrovic, Firmino, Savic, Neves, Maximin, Kane, Fabinho, Laporte, Brozovic, Henderson etc week in week out in dog shit league though, so least to say there must be some entertainment value to it in terms of watching some of the other world's best/top players in action.
And none of them gives a shit how a game ends or who wins the league. For them playing there is probably closer to a charity match than European football. Just that every redeeming quality a charity match has (generate money for a good cause) is turned upside down (take money for an evil cause).

90 + 5min

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Still don't know why Ronaldo left? Congratulation.

Rojow

So I admit that I originally considered his move to be a bit a retirement stats padding. And then this last winter and summer we saw a pretty large number of very very decent level players moving to the same league.

Today he's scored a double in a 4-3 win against a team that has Frank Kessie and Riyad Mahrez on the score sheet, two players that would have improved us.

It's certainly not a joke league. I'll respect the continuing goal tally much more than Pele adding friendlies.
So what. Most players are still saudis. Defenses are really bad.

I’m finding really weird seeing Ronaldo goals being compared to players who play in Europe. Such as Haaland or Mbappé. If he could compete for the Golden Shoe, his goals would be like 0,5 point each.

heraklion

As if he came to a team that was at the bottom of the table in the league.. His team was already leading the league when he arrived last year.
Not to mention, they brought in 2022 Ballon D'or 2nd Mane, Serie A's best midfielder last year Brozovic etc. so that he can continue stat-padding against inferior defenses..

Tyrion

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Ronaldo was dressing room poison who believed the entire team should cater to him despite him no longer being good enough to justify it and was paid the most of any player on the team. There's a reason no top side went near him.

Still don't know why Ronaldo left? Congratulation.
He left because he wanted to be the star player but wasn't good enough to do that at a top European team and because he wanted money. His ego means he must be the biggest fish, even if it takes a smaller pond.

Tyrion

Mostly newbie trolls
Some of them could be Ronaldo super fans. I've noticed a load of them in discussions about the club lately saying "This proves Ronaldo wasn't the problem!!!" as if there could only be one problem about the club and a decline a year after he got dropped means the instant improvement in form when he was dropped doesn't count.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As if he came to a team that was at the bottom of the table in the league.. His team was already leading the league when he arrived last year.
Not to mention, they brought in 2022 Ballon D'or 2nd Mane, Serie A's best midfielder last year Brozovic etc. so that he can continue stat-padding against inferior defenses..
The team he just played against definitely wasn’t inferior though. They have Mahrez, who has 15 goals 13 assists in 47 games for City last season when they won the treble. They also PL star players like Firmino (PL and CL winner), Maximin (highest dribbling stats in Europe during 18-22), Kessie (played 43 games for Barca last season) and Veiga (21 year old midfielder who scored 11 goals in La Liga last season). And I would say those 5 players from his opponents could arguable improve our squad.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
And none of them gives a shit how a game ends or who wins the league. For them playing there is probably closer to a charity match than European football. Just that every redeeming quality a charity match has (generate money for a good cause) is turned upside down (take money for an evil cause).
It's an irony coming from a Bundesliga fans. As if your games matter. Bayern will win it, Dortmund will probably be 2nd or 3rd and the rest is a nothing game deciding who's number what.

To be fair other than bottom 3,.top 5, most teams in the middle playing glorified friendly

heraklion

The team he just played against definitely wasn’t inferior though. They have Mahrez, who has 15 goals 13 assists in 47 games for City last season when they won the treble. They also PL star players like Firmino (PL and CL winner), Maximin (highest dribbling stats in Europe during 18-22), Kessie (played 43 games for Barca last season) and Veiga (21 year old midfielder who scored 11 goals in La Liga last season). And I would say those 5 players from his opponents could arguable improve our squad.
Al-Ahli conceded 13 goals in 7 games, tied for the 12th worst in the Saudi League.. seems like an defense/offense wise unbalanced team..

Pscholes18

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Against pub teams.

Rojofiam

Let's not act like Martial or even Weghorst wouldn't have a 1 goal a game ratio or even better if they tried their best in the Saudi League.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Maybe because he’s an ancient, toxic, baby-dicked cockwomble, with a T-Rex sized ego, the movement of a Bobby Charlton statue outside Old Trafford, the pay check demands of a small country’s GDP, and the dubious ability of celebrating like he’s scored a World Cup final winner as he bangs in goals against Sunday league level opposition.

Do you also watch videos of Paul Scholes pinging outrageous passes in a local 5-a-side kick about and wonder why Ten Hag is preferring Bruno Fernandes?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Let's not act like Martial or even Weghorst wouldn't have a 1 goal a game ratio or even better if they tried their best in the Saudi League.
Benzema has 3 goals in 6 games so far in Saudi league. Neymar has 0 goals in 2 games. Surely Martial and Weghorst would do so much better than them.

JogaBonitoRooney

Saudi league opposition means nothing. It's only 4 or 5 teams out of 18 that have the financial power to bring big name players in and there's only about 4 or 5 well known players within these teams. Half of these players are washed or don't care. The rest of the players in the league are not European top 10 league quality.

Saudi needs to spend a lot more if they want to match European leagues. I can't believe some people are actually defending the quality of the Saudi league here :lol: . It's pure fanboyism. If CR7 wasn't playing in it, nobody would be deluding themselves to defend the quality of the league.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's an irony coming from a Bundesliga fans. As if your games matter. Bayern will win it, Dortmund will probably be 2nd or 3rd and the rest is a nothing game deciding who's number what.

To be fair other than bottom 3,.top 5, most teams in the middle playing glorified friendly
We'd beat every Saudi team with an at least 5 goal difference. They're second division level at best.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Opta ranked the saudi league as the 36th strongest in the world in mid august. Its probably gone up a few nothes with few stars they bought who arent past their past their best but i simply dont buy its now an elite league. If the Saudis keep spending their unlimited money it may well be some time in future but its still a very long way from getting there.

JogaBonitoRooney

If the Saudis keep spending their unlimited money it may
They don't have unlimited money. It's just their government choosing to spend a lot of money on sports. Any other first world country's government to spare a few billion for sport but they choose not to. Mostly because most first world countries are democratic and citizens wouldn't be happy if the government was spending so much on sport star transfers and wages. Saudi can get away with it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
They don't have unlimited money. It's just their government choosing to spend a lot of money on sports. Any other first world country's government to spare a few billion for sport but they choose not to. Mostly because most first world countries are democratic and citizens wouldn't be happy if the government was spending so much on sport star transfers and wages. Saudi can get away with it.
It wasn't literal but they have so much money to burn it barely makes a difference.

Taribo's Gap

There are reports that he wants to extend his contract with Al Nassr until 2027 and is targeting playing in the 2026 World Cup.

This man will not relent until all of you Caf losers lay prostrate adorned in your cute green and gold scarves asking his forgiveness and adoringly basking in the light of his countenance while lyrically proclaiming him the one true GOAT, without peer or equal.

Enjoy the show, peasants.

fallengt

There are reports that he wants to extend his contract with Al Nassr until 2027 and is targeting playing in the 2026 World Cup.

This man will not relent until all of you Caf losers lay prostrate adorned in your cute green and gold scarves asking his forgiveness and adoringly basking in the light of his countenance while lyrically proclaiming him the one true GOAT, without peer or equal.

Damn, be little subtle about trolling, will ya?

FriedClams

the man will never be known as the real Ronaldo. That’s reserved for the real Ronaldo.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So 4 more years to retirement if the report is true, Think he is trying to go as far as he could on extending his career goals record (he could end up scoring near to 1000) , while at the same time milk as much oil money as he could in Saudi (another 400m on top of his current 600m contract). I think he is in great bargaining position with his club there as he has been in superb form for them this season.

Don’t think he should play in WC 26 as 41 year old striker though, it’s just not for that age. At most I could only see him playing 70 mins per game, or as 2nd half sub in Euro 24 next summer.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Have all newbies collectively eaten a thesaurus recently?

ROFLUTION

The majority of players that Ronaldo scores against are still very much a bit of a joke though aren't they? There's very few good defensive players really.

The four big clubs ranked (according to me) and their foreign players. The rest are Saudi-players.

Benzema plays for a club (Al-Ittihad) with Fabinho and an injury-prone Kanté - the rest are nobodies. 2 out of their first 11 are good players.

Neymar has a slightly better club (Al-Hilal) with Mitrovic, Savic, Koulibaly and Neves around him - the remaining 6 players are still saudis who'd likely never make it in any big european league

Mahrez plays with Firmino at Al-Ahli among Kessie, Saint-Maximin, Veiga, Alioski, Demiral and Mendy.

Ronaldo plays for maybe the best squad on paper with Mane, Otavio, Brozovic, Laporte, Ospina, Telles

Basically in every game they play they face at least 6 "bad" players from Saudi Arabia. It probably will change over time though with the money they poor in.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The majority of players that Ronaldo scores against are still very much a bit of a joke though aren't they? There's very few good defensive players really.

The four big clubs ranked (according to me) and their foreign players. The rest are Saudi-players.

Benzema plays for a club (Al-Ittihad) with Fabinho and an injury-prone Kanté - the rest are nobodies. 2 out of their first 11 are good players.

Neymar has a slightly better club (Al-Hilal) with Mitrovic, Savic, Koulibaly and Neves around him - the remaining 6 players are still saudis who'd likely never make it in any big european league

Mahrez plays with Firmino at Al-Ahli among Kessie, Saint-Maximin, Veiga, Alioski, Demiral and Mendy.

Ronaldo plays for maybe the best squad on paper with Mane, Otavio, Brozovic, Laporte, Ospina, Telles

Basically in every game they play they face at least 6 "bad" players from Saudi Arabia. It probably will change over time though with the money they poor in.
And the good players are probably as motivated as in charity matches.