Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
There are reports that he wants to extend his contract with Al Nassr until 2027 and is targeting playing in the 2026 World Cup.

This man will not relent until all of you Caf losers lay prostrate adorned in your cute green and gold scarves asking his forgiveness and adoringly basking in the light of his countenance while lyrically proclaiming him the one true GOAT, without peer or equal.

Enjoy the show, peasants.
shut it noob

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

There are reports that he wants to extend his contract with Al Nassr until 2027 and is targeting playing in the 2026 World Cup.

This man will not relent until all of you Caf losers lay prostrate adorned in your cute green and gold scarves asking his forgiveness and adoringly basking in the light of his countenance while lyrically proclaiming him the one true GOAT, without peer or equal.

Is this Twitter? Forgiveness for what exactly? For not booing him despite the fact that he refused to play when called upon?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Another 2 goals for Portugal with 3-2 win, and qualified for Euro. So its very likely he will be playing in Euro next summer. Having some fun in the game as he even tried a spectacular overhead kick and back heel shot. More interesting thing is that it seems the forward partnership of Ronaldo and Ramos could work, as they both playing well in this game.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can imagine a middle aged man wearing United 2008 jersey doing a siuuuuu with tears rolling down his cheeks when Ronaldo scored the second goal.

His fanbase is something else.

Red_toad

Can imagine a middle aged man wearing United 2008 jersey doing a siuuuuu with tears rolling down his cheeks when Ronaldo scored the second goal.

His fanbase is something else.
I don’t see a problem, not something I’d do, but it hurts no one and he’s enjoying himself. Fun police :yawn:

Cloud7

Another 2 goals for Portugal with 3-2 win, and qualified for Euro. So its very likely he will be playing in Euro next summer. Having some fun in the game as he even tried a spectacular overhead kick and back heel shot. More interesting thing is that it seems the forward partnership of Ronaldo and Ramos could work, as they both playing well in this game.
I am genuinely curious to see what sort of level he’s at at that tournament. It would really be defying the odds if he still manages to put in some performances, especially as he was very underwhelming in the World Cup.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am genuinely curious to see what sort of level he’s at at that tournament. It would really be defying the odds if he still manages to put in some performances, especially as he was very underwhelming in the World Cup.
I think 2nd half of last year in general has been his worst ever period, both at club level (3 goals in 16 games at United, poor peformances) and for Portugal (3 goals in 12 games in 2022 + underwhelming WC).

This year we have seen some improvements in his overall form (already 38 goals 8 assists in 42 games in 2023) for both his club (31 goals in 36 games) and country (7 goals in 6 games). Surely you can still see his age is catching on the pitch, we don't see him running alot, or winning 50/50 challenges, and his physical side has been declining year by year. But apparently he still know how to score goals, works well with his teammates, and outscoring every top stars at Saudi (Benzema, Neymar, Mahrez etc) , and currently 2nd top scorer in Euro qualifiers too, ahead of Haaland and Mbappe.

I think he will still do ok in Euro next summer if he could maintain his current form.

Last edited:

Pronewbie

Peep
I think 2nd half of last year in general has been his worst ever period, both at club level (3 goals in 16 games at United, poor peformances) and for Portugal (3 goals in 12 games in 2022 + underwhelming WC).

This year we have seen some improvements in his overall form (already 38 goals 8 assists in 42 games in 2023) for both his club (31 goals in 36 games) and country (7 goals in 6 games). Surely you can still see his age is catching on the pitch, we don't see him running alot, or winning 50/50 challenges, and his physical side has been declining year by year. But apparently he still know how to score goals, works well with his teammates, and outscoring every top stars at Saudi (Benzema, Neymar, Mahrez etc) , and currently 2nd top scorer in Euro qualifiers too, ahead of Haaland and Mbappe.

I think he will still do ok in Euro next summer if he could maintain his current form.
Just basing off highlights - Ronaldo's goal tally has way more to do with his teammates than his current ability. They create plenty of good opportunities for him to squander, put in the hard yards, and create plenty of space. Al Nassr would be much better off with a proper CF - someone like Benzema or even Mitrovic. But of course, you cannot deny his marketability.

Neymar looks unfit or maybe he's completely uninterested in football. CS2 just launched recently after-all.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Just basing off highlights - Ronaldo's goal tally has way more to do with his teammates than his current ability. They create plenty of good opportunities for him to squander, put in the hard yards, and create plenty of space. Al Nassr would be much better off with a proper CF - someone like Benzema or even Mitrovic. But of course, you cannot deny his marketability.

Neymar looks unfit or maybe he's completely uninterested in football. CS2 just launched recently after-all.
Not sure you are giving good examples there, as Benzema and Mitrovic has been playing in equally strong team in Saudi (if not stronger), getting lots of chances in same league too. Ronaldo has been out scoring both of them this season by quite a margin.

23/24
Ronaldo - 17 goals in 17 games
Mitrovic - 7 goals in 10 games
Benzema - 6 goals in 11 games

Pronewbie

Peep
Not sure you are giving good examples there, as Benzema and Mitrovic has been playing in equally strong team in Saudi (if not stronger), getting lots of chances in same league too. Ronaldo has been out scoring both of them this season by quite a margin.

23/24
Ronaldo - 17 goals in 17 games
Mitrovic - 7 goals in 10 games
Benzema - 6 goals in 11 games
Like I said, if you simply quote stats Ronaldo looks impressive but whenever I watch the Saudi league highlights it's always his teammates forcefeeding him incredibly well and him squandering plenty of opportunities. I'd argue it's at the expense of the team. Talisca was arguably the best attacker in Asia and they've gone on and added Mane, Otavio, Brozovic and Seko Fofana.

I'll put it this way. If you asked me to replace 1 player in their forward line purely to improve their team performance I'd swap Ronaldo.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Like I said, if you simply quote stats Ronaldo looks impressive but whenever I watch the Saudi league highlights it's always his teammates forcefeeding him incredibly well and him squandering plenty of opportunities. I'd argue it's at the expense of the team. Talisca was arguably the best attacker in Asia and they've gone on and added Mane, Otavio, Brozovic and Seko Fofana.

I'll put it this way. If you asked me to replace 1 player in their forward line purely to improve their team performance I'd swap Ronaldo.
Ok, I'd assume you've watched every mins of him playing this season to come up with such opinion. But you obviously didn't. Ronaldo was in fact voted players of the months over past 2 months since season started over there, so apparently he has been the best player in the league by some distance, yet you would replace him immediately based on some highlights you've came across.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

For a short moment in time I thought CS2 was Cities Skylines 2. I almost liked Neymar for a second.

heraklion

People are going to cry so much when he becomes prime minister of Portugal after he finally retires
Does he have that kind of potential? I mean is he seen as a well spoken, smart guy in Portugal?
I am asking because I have no idea how he is perceived intellectually in Portugal as I don't speak Portuguese.

Tyrion

If this is satire, you've forgotten how mental some Ronaldo fans can be.

Taribo's Gap

If this is satire, you've forgotten how mental some Ronaldo fans can be.
Yeah, it was an attempt at satire that didn't land very well.

To all true Ronaldo fans, Ronaldo is a great player and I come in peace.

Last edited:

Rojofiam

:lol: Pretty sure the whales in the ME opening crates and buying skins easily justify local data centres and servers.

By the way I never knew till recently that Neymar is actually pretty good at the game.
I don't know whether he's good at it, but he seems to be pretty passionate about it.

I remember seeing him have fun in the crowd at a Brazilian CS:GO event when he was out injured and PSG were playing a match in France at the same time. He knows his priorities. :lol:

He also is close to some Brazilian professional players and the owners of FURIA, the organization said pros play for.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
People are going to cry so much when he becomes prime minister of Portugal after he finally retires
Whilst he unveils a bigger statue of himself with even an a larger boner.

Last edited:

bakalhau

If a goalscorer' goal tally had more to do with his teammates than his own abilities, you'd have dozens upon dozens of players scoring 40 goals a season in all of the teams that produce a great amount of quality attacking plays. In the end, it's always about team work and everyone contributing... There's a reason that in the 21st century, only Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra, Lewa, Halaand and another set of 5-10 players were/are able to score 40/50 most seasons. If it was like you described, you'd have 100 of those players in the last 25 years. Of course that when these players finish a play with a goal, it's not fair to pretend they scored themselves alone, but it's also not fair to say they lack (special) ability and are riding on others' work.

Confidence between teammates also goes a long way. There were several Real Madrid players saying in interviews (Kroos, etc) they knew they could give it their all on the pitch on the roles they were assigned, because up front they had blind confidence Ronaldo could make their hard work payoff any time, in any situation.

Pronewbie

Peep
If a goalscorer' goal tally had more to do with his teammates than his own abilities, you'd have dozens upon dozens of players scoring 40 goals a season in all of the teams that produce a great amount of quality attacking plays. In the end, it's always about team work and everyone contributing... There's a reason that in the 21st century, only Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra, Lewa, Halaand and another set of 5-10 players were/are able to score 40/50 most seasons. If it was like you described, you'd have 100 of those players in the last 25 years. Of course that when these players finish a play with a goal, it's not fair to pretend they scored themselves alone, but it's also not fair to say they lack (special) ability and are riding on others' work.

Confidence between teammates also goes a long way. There were several Real Madrid players saying in interviews (Kroos, etc) they knew they could give it their all on the pitch on the roles they were assigned, because up front they had blind confidence Ronaldo could make their hard work payoff any time, in any situation.
I reckon Talisca does better than him in the CF position. Ronaldo plays like he did for us against Europa League minnows but only worse. All this based on highlights mind.

frostbite

ESPN/Forbes says that Ronaldo earns $260 million per year. That's way too much, even for the highest-earning athlete in the world.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...nel-messi-lead-forbes-2023-football-rich-list

Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest-paid footballer in the world in 2023, earning more than the likes of Lionel Messi and Neymar during the past 12 months, according to Forbes.

Ronaldo, who Forbes also ranks as the highest-paid athlete of any sport, topped the list with expected total earnings of $260 million.

Joel Miller

Irony is continuing to use him now will cost them when the big tournament comes around because any decent side will deal with him effortlessly.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
ESPN/Forbes says that Ronaldo earns $260 million per year. That's way too much, even for the highest-earning athlete in the world.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...nel-messi-lead-forbes-2023-football-rich-list

Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest-paid footballer in the world in 2023, earning more than the likes of Lionel Messi and Neymar during the past 12 months, according to Forbes.

Ronaldo, who Forbes also ranks as the highest-paid athlete of any sport, topped the list with expected total earnings of $260 million.
Good for him and his family. He made a good decision move to Saudi last season. Same for Messi left PSG for USA as well.

Tyrion

I'd forgotten. I'm steering clear of the Messi and Ronaldo ones especially if I have a negative opinion.
Smart move. Everytime I see some stupid post somewhere online comparing the two, I avoid the comment section. It's a decade old debate.

MrEleson

I’m sorry but this complete and utter BS. Why aren’t the likes of Benzema and Mitrovic doing as well as him for the equally as strong (or stronger) sides?

If he’s just being force-fed why does he have the most assists in the league too? He creates plenty of opportunities for his teammates every game aswell.

I get it that his last months here weren’t good but the lengths people now go to downplay is funny.

JogaBonitoRooney

Messi is more likely to be Argentina PM and would make a better PM.

Ronaldo is more likely to do whatever he can to raise his global brand and become a billionaire. So not PM. He likes the celebrity status like Beckham.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Just learned he took 4 seasons (26 games) to score his first UCL and ended up as the leading scorer in the competition by some distance. If that doesn't motivate you to achieve your goals - fail first, fail hard - I don't know what does.

Truly the GOAT inspiration.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think attacking wise he'd definitely be good enough for a European top side. Solely looking at the footballer, I guess the issues are rather a) hIs work against the ball and b) the recovery time at his age. He probably just couldn't hold up the required intensity two times a week, especially if he actually did the necessary defensive work. It's a bit sad that he didn't decide to play a joker role at an elite club and accept drastic salary cuts (he could still have collected his retirement check on Saudi Arabia aged 40+) as in terms of goal scoring ability, he's still immense. Off the ball movement, finishing and general technique don't decline that much with age and in those disciplines, he's still elite

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Messi is more likely to be Argentina PM and would make a better PM.

Ronaldo is more likely to do whatever he can to raise his global brand and become a billionaire. So not PM. He likes the celebrity status like Beckham.
You must be joking. Imagine Messi trying to host a G20 summit when he's sat there shying away like a little boy in the corner of a room in front of other world leaders. He would never decrease the insane inflation rate, nor enact any beneficial overseas policies except possibly with the gulf states. Ronaldo on the other hand would create a new era for Portugal, improving gross domestic product through innovative fiscal strategies and assert Lisbon as a hub of commercial trade for both manufacturing and crypto industries. He'll become heralded as one of the most important persons of the Holocene and single-handedly (along with his advisors) make great strides for the human race by decreasing the impact of carbon emissions worldwide.

And he'll do it all with a shit-eating grin on his face and mid-morning SIUUUUUU

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Just learned he took 4 seasons (26 games) to score his first UCL and ended up as the leading scorer in the competition by some distance. If that doesn't motivate you to achieve your goals - fail first, fail hard - I don't know what does.

Truly the GOAT inspiration.
Problem is, I don't look at football as a 'goal-setting, box-ticking' exercise. I watch football to see magic. I want to see the gift, in individuals and in teams. That's what many people used to watch it for, hence the reps of Best, Zico, Diego etc. Sadly, in this day and age, all you hear about is people 'setting goals' and stats.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Problem is, I don't look at football as a 'goal-setting, box-ticking' exercise. I watch football to see magic. I want to see the gift, in individuals and in teams. That's what many people used to watch it for, hence the reps of Best, Zico, Diego etc. Sadly, in this day and age, all you hear about is people 'setting goals' and stats.
You're just blinded by romantism

Tell me there's no great goals among those 700ish he scores.

And i doubt you even watch every single one of them

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

What a load of shite.

I get it you hate the guy. But still, this?