Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Sviken

:lol: :lol:

I can't help but laugh. So embarrassing. He completely deserves it, too.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Cristiano Ronaldo - Al Nassr player - GOAT becomes a Sheperd - the thread title is wrong, this is Saudi Arabia -Cristiano Ronaldo - Al Nassr player - GOAT becomes a camel herder is much more accurate :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
1. He burned his bridge with us for that. Could have stay with us until end of season to move for money.
2. Now he is gone, Messi is going to take all his records. His legacy will be badly hurt in few years time too.
He burned his bridges with the Club (mostly the owners, though) and his new coach. His teammates seemed Ok with him. We, fans, all wanted him gone as he's not up to our standard, and his existence prevented us to get a new and better striker. So us fans got what we wanted, and he got what he wanted.

Sviken

So us fans got what we wanted, and he got what he wanted.
I don't think he got what he wanted at all. His move to Chelsea in the summer failed, his bombastic interview got him sacked from United and with nowhere to go and his World Cup was a complete disaster that confirmed everything Ten Hag had done with Ronaldo. I don't think he is happy with this move at all. Ronaldo is first and foremost an egotistical player. He'll be pissed watching his records fly by while he is playing in front of 1k people. in the middle of nowhere. Gone and forgotten, it's arguably the last thing he would have wanted.

But again - he deserves everything that has happened to me. The sheer audacity and ego on him. It's good to see him being taken down a notch. He ruined his Madrid career in a similar manner, but at least back then he could fall on Juventus and later us. Now he had nowhere to go.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
GOAT becomes a desert camel that gets baited by the fata morgana of money.
Habibi what have you done?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Pele "sold out" to New York Cosmos at 35 y.o.
Beckenbauer to New York Cosmos at 32.
Cruyff to LA Aztec at 31.

Just saying.
Georgie Best, Gerd Muller and Eusebio went to the US too. I don’t think it’s that dissimilar either. It didn’t taint their legacy at all.

They got paid very well for the level they were playing at, which was clearly their primary motivation. And the league/clubs were willing to pay that well because they wanted to build/solidify football’s stature. It was a win-win.

Similar timing too. It happened soon after a neighbouring country hosted a World Cup for the first time in the region (Mexico ‘70), with a recognisable league and serious attendance figures (40k for the Cosmos) helping lay the groundwork for their own successful World Cup bid. Presumably Saudi would aim for the same.

The one big difference here is the sport-washing angle…but there’s a lot that could be said there.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ronaldo is king arabia. Rooney failed at manager now he fail at making fun of the king. Mesy never break Ronaldo's records and now never will. King cristiano leave to make history in asia and mesy rooney chase but never catch. Or whatever the illiterate morons on facebook are saying

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ronaldo is king arabia. Rooney failed at manager now he fail at making fun of the king. Mesy never break Ronaldo's records and now never will. King cristiano leave to make history in asia and mesy rooney chase but never catch. Or whatever the illiterate morons on facebook are saying
This is how Ronaldo facebook page looks like. Among other posts like "i named my kid ronaldo i love you froever the top football king forever"

feck i didnt see white text at first

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This is how Ronaldo facebook page looks like. Among other posts like "i named my kid ronaldo i love you froever the top football king forever"

feck i didnt see white text at first
feck the white text. You're right though, it's a really special place to check every now and then. The love stuff, like you say, is really mental sometimes.

Pintu

He does share some of their views...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The one big difference here is the sport-washing angle…but there’s a lot that could be said there.
Another big difference is that player didn't make that much money during their carreer, they needed to cash in to sustain their lifestyle when they retire. Ronaldo is set for 12 generations.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Georgie Best, Gerd Muller and Eusebio went to the US too. I don’t think it’s that dissimilar either. It didn’t taint their legacy at all.

They got paid very well for the level they were playing at, which was clearly their primary motivation. And the league/clubs were willing to pay that well because they wanted to build/solidify football’s stature. It was a win-win.

Similar timing too. It happened soon after a neighbouring country hosted a World Cup for the first time in the region (Mexico ‘70), with a recognisable league and serious attendance figures (40k for the Cosmos) helping lay the groundwork for their own successful World Cup bid. Presumably Saudi would aim for the same.

Agreed. There's Carlos Alberto as well with Cosmos. The notion that "oh he's rich already. He doesn't need more money. Don't care that he becomes the most paid athlete in the whole earth and history of sport, when he's actually not that good anymore."

The laughing just sounds hollow and sad.

Asian countries used to / are still doing this. Japan had Zico, Indonesia had Kempes, Essien, Aimar, etc. I don't know how much impact these washed up players have to their leagues. It seems minimal.

Posh Red

Is this projection? Because a shit load of people don't do that at all. This is valid for all income classes. I don't think it's even the majority who do that.

In my job we're also offered anywhere from 3.5 to 10 times our pay if we go to Arabia. Still very frw do and the job offerings keep coming.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He burned his bridges with the Club (mostly the owners, though) and his new coach. His teammates seemed Ok with him. We, fans, all wanted him gone as he's not up to our standard, and his existence prevented us to get a new and better striker. So us fans got what we wanted, and he got what he wanted.
If he doesn’t requested for a move in summer, and then did that interview with Piers Morgan, I am sure most of our fans would still be behind him. Now everyone just turning against him, it’s really a sad ending to a legendary player.

Marcus

He does share some of their views...

"I really am not going there for the money. Really really."

He has overtaken Ray Wilkins as the most hated United player for me.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
His net worth is a matter of public record. Google it. And nobody needs more than 500 million USD, unless your definition of "need" crosses into absurd territory.
On paper nobody needs more than that, but most humans are greedy, once they taste big money they want more and more.

You are underestimating how greedy can humans be.

If only everybody would think as you, there wouldn't be corrupt politicians...why would a politician take bribes, if they are already wealthy.

Bert_

Who the feck are Al Nassar? I assume that midget in the photo is the ringmaster of this circus?

GinobiliTheGOAT

He could have stay with us until end of season, keep his legacy here with more decency, then move to Saudi Arabia for more money.

He really fecked up badly with the interview.
Call me crazy but I feel if he got consistent playing time he could still be useful in a smaller role.

Ted Lasso

What is embarrassing about fans on a forum dedicated to their favourite club rejoicing at someone trashtalking their beloved team getting found out after all the big noises?
Them getting so easily fooled by a clown like Piers Morgan. It's all quite remarkably sad. Most of the reactions sound like they've not actually read all of and watched all of what's been said, just rehashing highlights tailored for the gullible. Pawns and puppets.

Mind you, I think Ronaldo is a d*ck.

stoinz

If he doesn’t requested for a move in summer, and then did that interview with Piers Morgan, I am sure most of our fans would still be behind him. Now everyone just turning against him, it’s really a sad ending to a legendary player.
I would have been ok if he requested to leave in the summer. We would have gotten a transfer fee and time to secure a replacement. Instead he drag this on for whatever reasons and left us with no other options.

still a football legend just not ours.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Call me crazy but I feel if he got consistent playing time he could still be useful in a smaller role.
If he stays he still got to play at the highest level, still being relevant with most eyes on him, and ETH will still give him squad rotation role and let him take all the penalties. He will also be highly respected among his teammates, with many younger players idolising him here and wanting to learn from him too (Rashford, Garnancho, Antony, Bruno, Dalot etc).

He just fecked up big time and end up playing in a desert for more oil money. Its such a shame.

leon24

Call him greedy or mock at him for having such an end to his career but he will be earning 75 million a year, sufficient money to last for generations and an amount most of us couldn’t even earn in 10 lifetimes.

Lebo

I think people underestimate how massive that package is. He will basically make more in 2 yrs than he did in the past 10 yrs. Atleast this was a logical decision unlike most of his recently . None of the players of his generation are going to surpass him and he isn’t going to surpass Messi.

mu4c_20le

What was his motivation? The fact that Saudi Arabia beat Argentina? Whatever it is was, it's so not worth it bro.
Money + ambassadorial role at the end, similar to Becks I guess.

Someone mentioned his net worth is 500m earlier. That number really isn't much in the world of elites. To put it into perspective, a freak of nature like Ronaldo who dedicated his entire life to physical perfection made that amount in his entire career. The owner of Onlyfans made that much in less than two years.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I would have been ok if he requested to leave in the summer. We would have gotten a transfer fee and time to secure a replacement. Instead he drag this on for whatever reasons and left us with no other options.

still a football legend just not ours.
Because he couldn’t believe no CL team didn’t want him :lol: