Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Don't get you knickers in a twist, we're probably in agreement.

I was merely pointing out the fact that despite how unknown Al Nassr is and how much Ronaldo has dropped off in performance levels, he still has the pulling power (atleast for now) to draw peoples attention (my own included) to that club and league. Effectively I was giving him a small compliment amidst the mockery is duly getting.
It will definitely have an impact. I think this is a pretty good deal for the Saudis, which is why you don't see anyone ridiculing them in all of this. It's just a crapshow for Ronaldo. The Saudis don't care how past it he is, heck they probably don't even care if he brings in some drama. Eyes on the league is all that will matter.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Still nothing in it. Is he not allowed to look her direction?

I feel to need to make it known that I'm not a Ronaldo supporter.
I've wanted rid of Ronaldo since last season, he was a massive problem for us and it just got worse. Firstly, he was a poor and demanding football player that impacted our ability to win football matches, he disgraced himself by his antics from last summer really, to the disrespect of present and previous managers, his teammates and the club, then the atrocious interview which caused most sensible fans to lose all respect for him as a person.

All that's happening to him does seem rather karmic and I feel he deserves all he's getting based on how he's behaved (bar the family stuff obviously).

However, there is nothing untoward in how Ronaldo looked, spoke, and behaved towards that female presenter. There's nothing there at all. There's enough to throw stones at when it concerns Ronaldo in any case, but this isn't one.
Fair enough if that's your opinion. It's not a big deal I just thought it looked awkward and gross.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It will definitely have an impact. I think this is a pretty good deal for the Saudis, which is why you don't see anyone ridiculing them in all of this. It's just a crapshow for Ronaldo. The Saudis don't care how past it he is, heck they probably don't even care if he brings in some drama. Eyes on the league is all that will matter.
I caught some of the highlights and post-match stuff though I'm not very fluent in Arabic. Stadium wasn't even a quarter full, I reckon and the pitch was terrible. Good luck playing on those surfaces. Ronaldo has to sit out the next game but they'll probably come out to see him in droves when he makes his debut on the 21st.

I'll give him three months before he's itching to come back to Europe. Can't see him hacking it there tbh. But that's his problem now.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas

I dunno, reads like the perfect description of Cristiano Ronaldo to me.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto

His Portugal career appears very much alive.
Regardless of what our national team plans are regarding him I really think we will call him at least 4 more times so that he can reach the 200 apps mark.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Regardless of what our national team plans are regarding him I really think we will call him at least 4 more times so that he can reach the 200 apps mark.
For me they should make a goodbye game for him and Pepe and time to move on, just don't see Martinez being bold enough to do this.

Last edited:

KeanoMagicHat

It gets funnier that he’s given up possibly a title race in the strongest league in the world and a good chance of a trophy (League Cup) because he wasn’t humble enough to sit a few games on the bench at 37.

2nd and 3rd before he arrived, he dragged a ‘terrible’ team to distant 6th ‘on his own’ with no help. He leaves and we’re one point behind City in 3rd again, winning 7 games in a row in all competitions.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
It gets funnier that he’s given up possibly a title race in the strongest league in the world and a good chance of a trophy (League Cup) because he wasn’t humble enough to sit a few games on the bench at 37.

2nd and 3rd before he arrived, he dragged a ‘terrible’ team to distant 6th ‘on his own’ with no help. He leaves and we’re one point behind City in 3rd again, winning 7 games in a row in all competitions.
If he had stayed, you might not be only 1 point behind City in 3rd, given how toxic he was off thr field and a liability on it

djembatheking

Piers saying after Arsenal hammer United then go on to win the league that Ten Hag should go down on bended knee and apologize for getting rid of the GOAT and disrespecting him. What a clueless prick he is, Ally and Laura are laughing at him.

jm99

And the £250m we spent in the summer had no impact on things improving from last season, including the best dm in the world instead of Scott mctominay?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His attitude in the last 6 months of his time here was nothing short of imbecilic and that's being generous.

He still had a year or two to give in this level of play even if it was on reduced terms but instead he chose to piss away all of that with his delusions of still being the main man and play every single game week in week out, not to mention his impudence losing the pre season like that which was basically a death sentence at this stage of his career.

Dumb cnut.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He’s in a better mental shape now…. You have no idea what a €500M will do to you.
I don't have any idea and I never will, give me that money and I'll let you know about my mental shape, you know... for science. :p

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looks like he’s turning these to a worse team. Currently 2-0 down.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The problem for him is, he's not a creator.

If he doesn't get service he won't score, he's not like a certain Argentine that can drop deeper and affect the play.

He would need to be in a highly creative team to flourish right now but even with what he does in Saudi it doesn't matter since it's not that great of a league.

Watched the last 20 minutes the standard is less than the championship easily.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The problem for him is, he's not a creator.

If he doesn't get service he won't score, he's not like a certain Argentine that can drop deeper and affect the play.

He would need to be in a highly creative team to flourish right now but even with what he does in Saudi it doesn't matter since it's not that great of a league.

Watched the last 20 minutes the standard is less than the championship easily.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He's not even the main man in Saudi Arabia. In both games he's been overshadowed by Talisca. On his debut, he tried to get on to a header that Talisca ended up putting away. I thought he'd scored the way he reacted. It's a joke now and serve him right. I can't see him sticking it there for two months let alone two years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Quite sad to see him like this. He had the chance to be our legend and retire gracefully with us. Instead he spoiled it . He would be seen as a laughing stock as long as he plays .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Quite sad to see him like this. He had the chance to be our legend and retire gracefully with us. Instead he spoiled it . He would be seen as a laughing stock as long as he plays .
The timing was off imo. Had he come back after leaving Madrid instead of needlessly going to Italy then we would've gotten 4-5 near top years out of him. By the time he finally got here, he was a brand Frankenstein that was unsustainable during a promising rebuild.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You can't think that Solskjaer style of play and the behind closed doors weird setting was sustainable.
It was built on sand.

Ladron de redcafe

Not just 2nd but the closest points difference since Ferguson retired, and immediately had us plummet to 6th while putting up the lowest points total in 30 years. And the team magically improved again this year after he was benched! Funny how that works, isn't it? :D