Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

KeanoMagicHat

I mean he finished in the top 3 for the 2 seasons after leaving Madrid. I know what you are so it’s ironic to call me delusional.
He would have had to have won the CL to have a chance which was pretty unlikely given his decline and how Ajax beat Real Madrid very comfortably and then beat Ronaldo's Juventus. In 2020, nobody was beating Bayern Munich. By 2021 he wasn't good enough anymore to seriously contend for the Ballon d'Or. The only way he would have done is if he had a career-defining World Cup for Portugal, but he completely flopped. What am I? Your almost entire post history in the past year is about a faded player, maybe diversify your interests.

RVN1991

So you’re saying age is the main reason you couldn’t give him a chance for a second despite what he’s proven in the past
I mean literally 100% of players get worse as they hit their mid to late 30's so yes age and the fact that because of his age he couldn't cut it in a top five European side anymore. I could care less what he's done in the past.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ronaldos presence in the Saudi League made other huge names migrate there. Ronaldo is the only reason anyone cares the least bit about the league.

How are we even trashtalking a player who is a top3 All-time-great of the entire game?

RVN1991

Ronaldos presence in the Saudi League made other huge names migrate there. Ronaldo is the only reason anyone cares the least bit about the league.

How are we even trashtalking a player who is a top3 All-time-great of the entire game?
Serious question, other than Ronaldo fan boys and Saudis, who cares about the Saudi league?

@Pickle85 Where am I claiming he's overrated?

Last edited:

Pickle85

Serious question, other than Ronaldo fan boys and Saudis, who cares about the Saudi league?
Serious question: Why are you spending your so much of your valuable time on this earth posting in the Ronaldo thread over and over to try to convince the people in it that he's overrated?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not just my opinion, it was also Ten Haag's opinion and apparently every other top club in Europe's opinion.
According to you only. The fact is even Real Madrid could not afford to match what the Saudis were offering, so off Benzema went.

Other European clubs could not afford to compete with the Saudis too.

Joel Miller

I'm Irish, if we had Portugal's team and Portugal's group I'd expect to win every game. There is nobody else in their group in the top 40 of the world rankings. The rankings of the other teams in the group are 48, 63, 67, 85 and 199. Taking out the minnows, in our group we're against 2, 7, 51, while Italy are against 4, 24 and 66. They beat Luxembourg 9-0 without Ronaldo, which shows how much of a joke that group is.
You’re wasting your time. Ronaldo’s fanbase are truly a different breed!

That’s nonsense though. Astronomical wages even Premier League clubs can’t compete with is what has players moving there. If you think they’re there to rub shoulders with a washed up attacker who’s done nothing but disgrace himself over the last year then you’re kidding yourself.

The United

That greatly depends on the team you are playing for. Looking at Rodri in CM for City, he has all the time in the world because they dominate games to such an extent. If Scholes played for Crystal Palace, he wouldn't be afforded that luxury. If he, at his prime, played alongside Bruno and Casemiro, we would also dominate games much more than we currently do. Scholes was able to get the time he needed, not that he was given it. It was the same with Carrick - they created time and space; it wasn't awarded. Playing against Barca, arguably the greatest club team of all time, does not negate that.
I am not sure what you said had anything to do with what I said. The context of my post was about how Scholes and Giggs were able to maintain most of their best abilities into their mid- and late-thirties. My theory is that it was because the pressing intensity back then was nothing like what it is now, except for some teams like Barca. And that may be the reason why they could play like they did for that long. If they were played like today in their mid- and late-30s, I am not sure if they would be that effective. That does not mean they were not extremely talented players.

Pickle85

You’re wasting your time. Ronaldo’s fanbase are truly a different breed!

That’s nonsense though. Astronomical wages even Premier League clubs can’t compete with is what has players moving there. If you think they’re there to rub shoulders with a washed up attacker who’s done nothing but disgrace himself over the last year then you’re kidding yourself.
Guess this also applies to you: Why are you spending your so much of your valuable time on this earth posting in the Ronaldo thread over and over to try to convince the people in it that he's overrated?

Joel Miller

Guess this also applies to you: Why are you spending your so much of your valuable time on this earth posting in the Ronaldo thread over and over to try to convince the people in it that he's overrated?
I didn’t say he was overrated, second person you’ve accused of saying something they didn’t actually say. Why do you spend so much of your time in this thread sulking and being cross with people who are critical of him?

If someone quotes my post and questions something I’ve said, I’ll explain myself to them. I hope that’s okay with you. By the way, this is a United forum, and after the way he conducted himself here most sane United fans will no longer feel the need of desire to blow smoke up his arse.

Son

I didn’t say he was overrated, second person you’ve accused of saying something they didn’t actually say. Why do you spend so much of your time in this thread sulking and being cross with people who are critical of him?

If someone quotes my post and questions something I’ve said, I’ll explain myself to them. I hope that’s okay with you. By the way, this is a United forum, and after the way he conducted himself here most sane United fans will no longer feel the need of desire to blow smoke up his arse.
100% it’s laughable people are even considering him a serious footballer anymore in Saudi or against pub teams waiting for tap ins in a stacked Portugal side.

The facts are Bruno is 10x the player Ronaldo is these days and against anyone decent they should drop Ronaldo and have Bruno lead the side. Stat padding for a legend and playing with 10 men doesn’t work against anyone who can hurt you the other end.

Ronaldo was a great player blah blah blah but it’s 2023 now. The way he came back here was great at first but I wish he never had. Everything was wrong from the start.

As a human being I respect him for his hard work but IQ wise he’s not exactly the brightest despite his money.

Last edited:

Pickle85

It just seems a weird use of time and energy. As for why it bugs me, I find the player fandom/cult thing weird and annoying because it tends to simplify and polarise debate. It's just strange that because someone rates Messi as the best around they feel the need to go into another player's thread to tear into that player.

ForeverRed1

Say what you want about him and his reasons for it.. but he was right. Everything he said regarding this club was spot on.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
His reputation was affected by the pressing and toxicity bogus. And most top sides in Europe weren’t in dire need of a 9.
What bogus exactly? All that toxic stuff at united clearly happened.

Real Name

Is it Ronaldo presence or huge amounts of money on offer?

Real Name

Say what you want about him and his reasons for it.. but he was right. Everything he said regarding this club was spot on.
Thing is, he didnt say it for the love of the club and even if right do you think he should have stayed? Its not exactly hard to say those things about the club. But when you say it to piece of trash like Piers Morgan than its actually awful.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm Irish, if we had Portugal's team and Portugal's group I'd expect to win every game. There is nobody else in their group in the top 40 of the world rankings. The rankings of the other teams in the group are 48, 63, 67, 85 and 199. Taking out the minnows, in our group we're against 2, 7, 51, while Italy are against 4, 24 and 66. They beat Luxembourg 9-0 without Ronaldo, which shows how much of a joke that group is.
Funny you are only taking minors out when talking about other groups, but not for Portugal when you are making comparison. But I guess it becomes a given, he is never being judge on equal standard from day one, and even now when he is already 38.

Real Name

Funny you are only taking minors out when talking about other groups, but not for Portugal when you are making comparison. But I guess it becomes a given, he is never being judge on equal standard from day one, and even now when he is already 38.
Poor guy. :(

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Maybe that's because he's good and rested fron playing in the 60th best league in the world (or whatever it is) so he's got plenty of energy to score tap ins against cannon fodder in the qualifying rounds of the Euros. The other guys are actually good enough to play week in week out for top clubs in top leagues.
Well he has played 17 games already over there this season, full 90 mins games too. Mbappe has played 9, Haaland has played 12, Kane played 10. Sure the only who played double more games would have preserved plenty more energy than others.

troylocker

I agree: This thread should just be an echochamber for the fanboys and anyone posting negatively in here should be asked this question. :lol:

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Well he has played 17 games already over there this season, full 90 mins games too. Mbappe has played 9, Haaland has played 12, Kane played 10. Sure the only who played double more games would have preserved plenty more energy than others.
You clearly have no conceptiom of how shit the Saudi league is

Pickle85

I agree: This thread should just be an echochamber for the fanboys and anyone posting negatively in here should be asked this question. :lol:
Just a weird flex, for me. Usually stems from some sort of odd, misplaced loyalty to another player.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

:lol:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
This would actually be a fantastic thing to do. Just leave them to it and eventually it'll be about who has a bigger Ronaldo tattoo on their privates.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Nobody still cares about that league.

Gonçalo Motta

People still bashing the guy after everything he has done for his clubs, NT, and the sport overall. Unbelievable
The weirdest part is people still bashing him for what he said about the Man Utd issues although everyone knows that he was right and a lot of those problems are the same problems that most people were complaining about before.
There's a rotten mentality in the club that starts from the very top and unfortunately, it spread to part of the fanbase.

Anyway, he decided to move on to a new challenge after he achieved everything there was to achieve multiple times in Europe and moved on at the age of 37. If it was for money or anything else, it doesn't even matter because there's really nothing left for him here.

Last edited:

RVN1991

Just a weird flex, for me. Usually stems from some sort of odd, misplaced loyalty to another player.
Maybe just maybe it stems from misplaced loyalty towards the club this forum is dedicated to?

You know, the one he claimed was enslaving him some 15 odd years ago?

Gehrman

People still bashing the guy after everything he has done for his clubs, NT, and the sport overall. Unbelievable
The weirdest part is people still bashing him for what he said about the Man Utd issues although everyone knows that he was right and a lot of those problems are the same problems that most people were complaining about before.
There's a rotten mentality in the club that starts from the very top and unfortunately, it spread to part of the fanbase.

Anyway, he decided to move on to a new challenge after he achieved everything there was to achieve multiple times in Europe and moved on at the age of 37. If it was for money or anything else, it doesn't even matter because there's really nothing left for him here.
He was throwing tantrums over being subbed. "Why me? Why not one the younger players?". Ronaldo essentially always wants to make everything about him. Anyway when he did the piers interview he was making sure he could leave pronto. And even said he wanted to retire with dignity when asked about Saudi Arabia.

Joel Miller

It just seems a weird use of time and energy. As for why it bugs me, I find the player fandom/cult thing weird and annoying because it tends to simplify and polarise debate. It's just strange that because someone rates Messi as the best around they feel the need to go into another player's thread to tear into that player.
You surely must see the irony here though, you’re part of that player fandom/cult. You use your time and energy to nag people who are critical of Ronaldo, who think he’s a bit of a toxic narcissist now, or who aren’t impressed with him putting goals away in a terrible league or against lowly nations for a stacked Portugal team.

This isn’t an echo chamber where you’re only welcome if you have nice things to say. If people want to challenge the opinions of those who think what he’s doing now is impressive, then they’re entitled to. That’s the whole concept of an internet discussion forum, and what you yourself are doing with people who happen to have a different view to yourself. If you can’t disagree or debate then there’s little point in us being on here.

How’s it unbelievable? He completely disrespected the club and fans, and every action he took was for self serving reasons. He didn’t care one iota about United, that Piers Morgan interview was deplorable and to then go off and take his toxic attitude into Portugal’s World Cup squad was equalling selfish and self serving. He tried to claim Fernandes’s goal for Christ sakes, that’s the sort of character we’re looking at here :lol:

I just don’t know why any United fans would be shocked at others disliking him with the total lack of class and dignity he’s shown in recent years. Even casual football fans who don’t have Ronaldo’s image tattooed on their arse’ seemed to lose a lot of respect for him after the Morgan interview and World Cup.

Last edited:

Gonçalo Motta

He was throwing tantrums over being subbed. "Why me? Why not one the younger players?". Ronaldo essentially always wants to make everything about him. Anyway when he did the piers interview he was making sure he could leave pronto. And even said he wanted to retire with dignity when asked about Saudi Arabia.
Taking into consideration that most of the team was playing like sh*t before he came, while he was here, and after he left, I kinda understand the frustration tbh. While all the attention was on him because of the tantrums or the classic 'he doesn't track back', people seemed to forget where the real issues were because he was a way easier target. I don't even think it was a smart move to buy him because he wasn't going to address any of those issues at all, but it doesn't change the fact that he was one of the few players that actually felt like he cared about wearing the Man Utd shirt and at least tried to deliver every time he was on the pitch. And he managed to save our ass a good share of times too.

Gehrman

Taking into consideration that most of the team was playing like sh*t before he came, while he was here, and after he left, I kinda understand the frustration tbh. While all the attention was on him because of the tantrums or the classic 'he doesn't track back', people seemed to forget where the real issues were because he was a way easier target. I don't even think it was a smart move to buy him because he wasn't going to address any of those issues at all, but it doesn't change the fact that he was one of the few players that actually felt like he cared about wearing the Man Utd shirt and at least tried to deliver every time he was on the pitch. And he managed to save our ass a good share of times too.
Well why did he come? Our chronic failures post saf were well known. He was certainly our Talisman in our worst season ever in the pl period. I don't think Ronaldo gives a shit about any club really. He's the player Mourinho. Ticking boxes for bragging rights. Cantona was something different. He lifted the team. With Ronaldo its me me look at me

Gonçalo Motta

You surely must see the irony here though, you’re part of that player fandom/cult. You use your time and energy to nag people who are critical of Ronaldo, who think he’s a bit of a toxic narcissist now, or who aren’t impressed with him putting goals away in a terrible league or against lowly nations for a stacked Portugal team.

This isn’t an echo chamber where you’re only welcome if you have nice things to say. If people want to challenge the opinions of those who think what he’s doing now is impressive, then they’re entitled to. That’s the whole concept of an internet discussion forum, and what you yourself are doing with people who happen to have a different view to yourself. If you can’t disagree or debate then there’s little point in us being on here.

How’s it unbelievable? He completely disrespected the club and fans, and every action he took was for self serving reasons. He didn’t care one iota about United, that Piers Morgan interview was deplorable and to then go off and take his toxic attitude into Portugal’s World Cup squad was equalling selfish and self serving. He tried to claim Fernandes’s goal for Christ sakes, that’s the sort of character we’re looking at here :lol:

I just don’t know why any United fans would be shocked at others disliking him with the total lack of class and dignity he’s shown in recent years. Even casual football fans who don’t have Ronaldo’s image tattooed on their arse’ seemed to lose a lot of respect for him after the Morgan interview and World Cup.
Disrespected the fans? The guy was fed up with the way the club was treating him and after his kid died other teams were showing more support and respect than his own club. If I'm not mistaken there were even "leaks" coming from the Man Utd camp aiming to bash Ronaldo that turned out not to be true.
The fact that there are people that would eat that sh*t up and bend over if they were in his shoes, it's mindboggling.
If he didn't care about Man Utd and only cared about himself he would have taken Man City proposal instead because it was by far the best option.

Well why did he come? Our chronic failures post saf were well known. He was certainly our Talisman in our worst season ever in the pl period. I don't think Ronaldo gives a shit about any club really. He's the player Mourinho. Ticking boxes for bragging rights. Cantona was something different. He lifted the team. With Ronaldo its me me look at me
My guess? A mix of nostalgia/debt to the club for helping him to achieve what he achieved and enough belief to think that he could help make a change in the right direction. Wrong move by both parts and I doubt that even a prime Ronaldo / Messi could turn this ship in the right direction because the problems are a lot deeper than what 1 player can change. I have to give credit to the fact that he came anyway although he had way more to lose than to win since Man City proposal was a way safer bet in terms of cementing his goals / trophies legacy. Unfortunately for him and for the rest of us the 2 only things left from the Man Utd that he remembered, it's the name and the stadium (apparently with the exact same conditions it had when he left the first time).

Last edited:

Pickle85

But I'm not part of it. I admit I get frustrated by how polarized threads like this become BECAUSE of the cult like feuds but I really have no attachment to Ronaldo now he's left. I've also said that I think there other guy is the better player. It just bugs me when a bunch of Messi fanboys swarm the thread and drag discussion down to the level they sometimes do. Not saying that's you (though I do think you've an overly harsh view of Ronaldo) but it obviously does happen.

Pickle85

Maybe just maybe it stems from misplaced loyalty towards the club this forum is dedicated to?

You know, the one he claimed was enslaving him some 15 odd years ago?
Nah, usually it stems from a weird obsession with Messi.

brunoag4

Disrespected the fans? The guy was fed up with the way the club was treating him and after his kid died other teams were showing more support and respect than his own club. If I'm not mistaken there were even "leaks" coming from the Man Utd camp aiming to bash Ronaldo that turned out not to be true.
The fact that there are people that would eat that sh*t up and bend over if they were in his shoes, it's mindboggling.
If he didn't care about Man Utd and only cared about himself he would have taken Man City proposal instead because it was by far the best option.

My guess? A mix of nostalgia/debt to the club for helping him to achieve what he achieved and enough belief to think that he could help make a change in the right direction. Wrong move by both parts and I doubt that even a prime Ronaldo / Messi could turn this ship in the right direction because the problems are a lot deeper than what 1 player can change. I have to give credit to the fact that he came anyway although he had way more to lose than to win since Man City proposal was a way safer bet in terms of cementing his goals / trophies legacy. Unfortunately for him and for the rest of us the 2 only things left from the Man Utd that he remembered, it's the name and the stadium (apparently with the exact same conditions it had when he left the first time).
He did not join the preseason while his manager was actively looking for a team, left the stadium early because he was benched, called Neville, Rooney as jealous of him, said he does not respect Ten Hag etc. so lots of drama..

Manchester City was not an option for Ronaldo because they were unwilling to pay a transfer fee. They got only interested in the last minute because Kane deal fell through. Ronaldo had been offered to numerous top clubs multiple times and just got rejections, so his move wasn't driven by nostalgia.

His decision to join Manchester United was influenced by Juventus' poor season, finishing fourth in Serie A after 9 wins in a row and regular Champions League failures, he chose to leave before the end of his contract. Mendes was very active in the market offering him to every single big club, Chelsea, Real, City, PSG etc. Manchester United on the other hand had a successful season, finishing as a top-2 team in the stronger Premier League and reaching the FA Cup semifinals. This was actually an upgrade for Ronaldo moving to a better team especially when no other clubs expressed interest. This is also why he could only return to United after the Serie A season had already begun as there were no options.

Ronaldo is a pragmatist in such matters. He once stated to Piers that he aimed to finish his career at the top and would never consider a move to Saudi Arabia and that money wasn't his priority. Only a few months later, he moved to Saudi Arabia to play there. Similarly, once, he said doesn't take Xavi seriously because he plays in Qatar, only to promote the Saudi league wearing their national clothes..

Last edited:

RVN1991

Nah, usually it stems from a weird obsession with Messi.
I could care less about Messi, he never played for United and I'm not Argentinian so I have no 'weird obsession" towards him, I will admit I have had a strong dislike for Ronaldo since that ridiculous slave comment and it grew even more with his childish antics during his second stint here, still probably the best player we've ever had though IMO.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We played our best football in years the first few months after he left.

Gonçalo Motta

We played some good football in short patches before he came too. A lot of times when you remove something that became a negative cloud on a club or a person that everyone blames for the problems, usually after that comes a positive patch where either the team starts to look good or seems like they are going in the right direction.
Unfortunately that rarely lasts long and after that, the smokescreen fades away and the same problems are still there.

Stadjer

Ronaldo made sure almost nobody remembers some good games. Manchester United played well against Spurs in that game where he refused to come on and where he ran off. Most people remember from that game is the Ronaldo issue and not the actual game.