Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Vidic178

All of his goals were when they played through balls for him to run onto. With us it's more sideways passing and playing with his back to goal, which he isn't as good at.

Zen

Lee Trundles playing at a higher standard than this.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I can’t believe United fans mock the guy. He’s 38 and still scoring goals. Don’t call them crap, remember, Saudi beat the Argies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I can’t believe United fans mock the guy. He’s 38 and still scoring goals. Don’t call them crap, remember, Saudi beat the Argies.
And then what happened? One result isn't significant. Saudi went out of the world cup.

That's the kind of logic that says a non league side beat Liverpool, and Liverpool beat Real Madrid so the non league side is better than Real Madrid.

Ronaldo is 38 but nothing of what he does in the Saudi League matters, nobody in their right minds should count goals in a league that's ranked lower than the championship and League 1.

The Saudi league has a pretty low ranking its not in the top 30 leagues.

Pintu

Its the best asian league though, its far better than Welsh lower Leagues. But yes, it aint a top european league
it is the best Asian league according AFC's official ranking...But in other rankings there are 3 AFC leagues in the top 33 and the Saudi league isn't among them (Japanese, Chinese and Australian make this ranking but not the Saudi... ). Nor is the South Korean league.

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Then when we take the official AFC ranking from Wikipedia, we see Saudi league on top (both 2021 and 2022) and we see the Chinese dropping from 7th in 2021 to 16th in 2022...And the Australian league doesn't even make Asia's top 20... Hard to explain the disparities...

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

it is the best Asian league according AFC's official ranking...But in other rankings there are 3 AFC leagues in the top 33 and the Saudi league isn't among them (Japanese, Chinese and Australian make this ranking but not the Saudi... ). Nor is the South Korean league.

Then when we take the official AFC ranking from Wikipedia, we see Saudi league on top (both 2021 and 2021) and we see the Chinese dropping from 7th in 2021 to 16th in 2022...And the Australian league doesn't even make Asia's top 20... Hard to explain the disparities...

To be fair, Saudi Arabia are the only team to beat the current world champions in like 2 years aren't they so it can't be terrible.

Andy_Cole

Then when we take the official AFC ranking from Wikipedia, we see Saudi league on top (both 2021 and 2021) and we see the Chinese dropping from 7th in 2021 to 16th in 2022...And the Australian league doesn't even make Asia's top 20... Hard to explain the disparities...

Pretty sure a Saudi team wins the Asian CL on a regular basis?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Good luck to him. He made some questionable choices, but he will always be an OT legend.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only Al-Hilal does recently (Al-Ittihad won it in 2005). There's more disparity with teams from Japan and South Korea who have far more teams capable of winning it/have won it

GinobiliTheGOAT

In the flukiest result of the entire world cup, and Saudi were crap the rest of the way

and the team they played is bottom 3, which is like 4th division anywhere else.

Red Star One

Was curious so I checked it:
Performances in finals by nation

Nation
TitlesRunners-upTotal
South Korea
12​
7​
19​
Japan
7​
4​
11​
Saudi Arabia
6​
9​
15​
Iran
3​
6​
9​
China
3​
2​
5​
Israel
3​
1​
4​
Qatar
2​
1​
3​
Thailand
2​
1​
3​
United Arab Emirates
1​
3​
4​
Australia
1​
1​
2​
Iraq
0​
2​
2​
Malaysia
0​
1​
1​
Oman
0​
1​
1​
Syria
0​
1​
1​

That's a strong Korean domination.

meamth

All of his goals were when they played through balls for him to run onto. With us it's more sideways passing and playing with his back to goal, which he isn't as good at.
Except in the premier league, he would've been stopped anyway and his stiff legs will fail him here.

Nicolarra90

Conference level opposition today
7th in PL is conference bro... Dont shit unnecessarily in the competitions.

He's playing a relegation candidate in Saudi Arabia, that's more likely as a championship relegation candidate.

Edit: unless you meant the fifth division... :lol: :lol: then fair play

Last edited:

stoinz

The defenders from the highlights seemed tame, but Ronaldo can still run pretty fast when unimpeded. He still got the speed, just not the stamina to play in any top league. The defenders there compared to EPL will sit on you the whole time and pull your shirt the minute you tried to turn and run.

SirMonteyne

He finds some dangerous form at the second half of the season, he's been like this for decade. It's about time, no wonder.

Levi1

Hopefully they have a big screen large enough for him to watch himself celebrating, without cutting off part of his head

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Asian cl is a mess that mostly benefits far Eastern sides with its weird calendar.

I think the Arabs have been pushing for a long time to change that.

Real Name

That's just a bad analogy. Saudis beat Argentina and went out. Their league is in fact crap.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Its funny to see CR7 fans wanking themselves silly over this on Twitter. Including Piers Morgan when Ronaldo said he would never go to the Saudi League in their interview.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
That's just a bad analogy. Saudis beat Argentina and went out. Their league is in fact crap.
would you call The Championship in England crap? I know the temperature be stronger, I’m just trying to gauge what you would define as crap.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
As a fan of another club, it does make me laugh when I click legend is mocked for taking a humbling step done. I can’t imagine the regulars at Old Trafford having anything but positive to say about Ronaldo overall. Definitely not the ones I’ve spoken to throughout the years anyway.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Al Wahda is around the same level as Aldershot Town (13th) in National League.
Congratulations. Even Dan James can score 6 past them.

Rockets Redglare

As a fan of another club, it does make me laugh when I click legend is mocked for taking a humbling step done. I can’t imagine the regulars at Old Trafford having anything but positive to say about Ronaldo overall. Definitely not the ones I’ve spoken to throughout the years anyway.
I’m assuming you were meant to say club legend, which I would argue is debatable these days.
I don’t think any United fans who were around for his first stint here would argue that he’s one of if not the best player to play for the club, but it’s the manner in which he left both times and especially this time which rightly annoys people.

But when you give an interview to say that United aren’t good enough and then you sign for a club in the Saudi league you open yourself up to criticism which is justified in my opinion.