Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

As usual the club would rather keep a 37 year old who doesn't want to be here, who doesn't suit the new manager's way of playing, rather than fork out money for a new forward. The Glazers will always look for reasons not to spend money and in other news water is wet.
The club doesn't have any suitable offers. United will have to spend on a CF or another forward regardless within the next 12 months. This wasn't all going to be changed in one summer window.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
As usual the club would rather keep a 37 year old who doesn't want to be here, who doesn't suit the new manager's way of playing, rather than fork out money for a new forward. The Glazers will always look for reasons not to spend money and in other news water is wet.
Think of the sponsorships

Blood Mage

Why do you think ETH is keen to keep him then?
He probably knows a replacement won't be signed and Martial won't stay fit for the whole season, so what choice does he have? Ronaldo still offers goals even if our football will probably suffer for it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
By accounts, the family issue is genuine. Obviously bad timing with the fact his agent is looking for moves but he needs integrating into the group so would expect him to be in training. Ten Hag has consistently said he's a big part of his plans, there's no reason for him to be lying.
Agree with the majority of your post, but the bolded; there’s plenty of reasons to lie, not necessarily that ten Hag is, mind.

I Am Zlatan

We are short on strikers even with Ronaldo staying, it’s a tricky situation, if he goes, we need two strikers, one center forward and one versatile attacker, and I highly doubt we would be doing that. As much I dislike the way he’s treated us, we need him, if ETH can make him work harder or somehow make it work with him playing then that’s the best solution for us realistically.

MUFC OK

He probably knows a replacement won't be signed and Martial won't stay fit for the whole season, so what choice does he have? Ronaldo still offers goals even if our football will probably suffer for it.
I think it's best for us to keep him this season IF he's willing to et his head down but we do need some closure on this situation. I still don't understand the timing of his request to leave given he knew we wouldnt have CL football since April, unless it's genuinely about our poor transfer window.

Trex

If he stays it has to be purely on ETH terms, subbed off anytime ETH feels like, benched anytime ETH feels like and must play to instructions 100%.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If a move goes through, you'll see some of them even talk about how Ronaldo had no clue about any of this while he tended to his personal issue and his agent sold him to the highest bidder in the meantime. That's the level of delusion his fanbois have here.
Some might even said he was treated like a slave. :wenger:

Greck

The same clubs all rejected him last summer, too. Only City were in for him until United stupidly stepped in.
Funny thing is how the clarity at the position might have just made them get Haaland instead. Over there Ronaldo would have been in the middle of his 2 year deal still demanding to start.

rooney2009

Just let him go and let’s rebuild this team
If he stays it will another wasted season with the Ronaldo show again
I am honestly tired of Ronaldo FC
This is Man Utd and it’s time to move on but I guess the Glazers are only interested in revenue and how many shirts he can sell

Tommy79

By accounts, the family issue is genuine.there's no reason for him to be lying.
Hmm, don't want to sound like a cold-hearted bastard, but he was back playing ball a week after losing his child, given the pictures of his mammy in the sun last week, she seems happy and not ill, also same source, his sheriff looks very happy and content with life, so has anyone any idea as to what these "family issues" are ?

Think of the sponsorships
You mean the people already locked into contracts ? feck them, as what are they going to do, break the contract and get sued ?

I read somewhere that he is terrified Messi is going to break his CL record and that's the reason he wants out and watching the narcissist since he first arrived here, I can see that be closer to the truth as opposed to these "family issues".

lostcauz

He hasn’t.

He was on holiday and then given compassionate leave
why does he need to come back for talks about his future? Just go straight back into training.
Unless you think it’s a very unfortunate coincidence that he needed family leave at the same time his agent is trying to get him out of the club.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Personally, had City signed Ronaldo, they still would've made a big move for Haaland.

City have more power in their armoury in dealing with this situation had it ever occurred for them . They've got arguably the best manager in the game, they've been hugely successful and plus they're utterly ruthless in the market. Ronaldo and Mendes wouldn't have tried this sh*t with them because, even if Ronaldo were to be used sparingly, there would still be clarity on their situation plus, overall, City can offer something Ronaldo fundamentally wants and that is continued CL success, even if he may need to occasionally play second fiddle to Halaand.

City would've had the upper hand in this situation. It wouldn't have bothered them if Ronaldo went elsewhere because Ronaldo and Mendes need City more than City need them.
And that would've kept Ronaldo and Mendes on their toes.

Also, its a sad indictment on United at this current time. Like it or not Ronaldo knows we still may need him. Martial's form in recent times, irrespective of his good pre-season start, is erratic. Rashford is also much the same. That's why you see reports of United willing to give Ronaldo the benefit of the doubt ,even when he and Mendes have been trying to get another big move elsewhere. United , from the outside, are coming across quiet weak but we're in a situation where we may need him, especially if we continue to struggle bringing in other offensive players .

Would be nice to see United show some cojones though and basically isolate Ronaldo but with the wage/contract he's on its very, very unlikely.

Overall, I'd be surprised if Ronaldo finds another club. Think he'll be with us atleast til January.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wonder what a "Do you want Ronaldo to be sold?" poll would say at this point.

Trex

Personally, had City signed Ronaldo, they still would've made a big move for Haaland.

City have more power in their armoury in dealing with this situation had it ever occurred for them . They've got arguably the best manager in the game, they've been hugely successful and plus they're utterly ruthless in the market. Ronaldo and Mendes wouldn't have tried this sh*t with them because, even if Ronaldo were to be used sparingly, there would still be clarity on their situation plus, overall, City can offer something Ronaldo fundamentally wants and that is continued CL success, even if he may need to occasionally play second fiddle to Halaand.

City would've had the upper hand in this situation. It wouldn't have bothered them if Ronaldo went elsewhere because Ronaldo and Mendes need City more than City need them.
And that would've kept Ronaldo and Mendes on their toes.

Also, its a sad indictment on United at this current time. Like it or not Ronaldo knows we still may need him. Martial's form in recent times, irrespective of his good pre-season start, is erratic. Rashford is also much the same. That's why you see reports of United willing to give Ronaldo the benefit of the doubt ,even when he and Mendes have been trying to get another big move elsewhere. United , from the outside, are coming across quiet weak but we're in a situation where we may need him, especially if we continue to struggle bringing in other offensive players .

Would be nice to see United show some cojones though and basically isolate Ronaldo but with the wage/contract he's on its very, very unlikely.

Overall, I'd be surprised if Ronaldo finds another club. Think he'll be with us atleast til January.
You underestimate the size of Ronaldo ego if you think he'll play as a second choice to anyone in any club.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You underestimate the size of Ronaldo ego if you think he'll play as a second choice to anyone in any club.
Reports seem to say that Ronaldo would be relatively content in cutting down some of his game time if he were in a more successful side.
Think another report suggested he no longer wanted to carry teams.

Trex

Reports seem to say that Ronaldo would be relatively content in cutting down some of his game time if he were in a more successful side.
Well if that's true then its good, but last season when he got subbed off by Rangnick you saw the whiny twat he was right?

Rolaholic

I'll believe it when I see it :lol:

His entire history and pattern of behavior lends me nothing to believe that he'd accept being second fiddle or a bench option even at this stage of his career

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
why does he need to come back for talks about his future? Just go straight back into training.
Unless you think it’s a very unfortunate coincidence that he needed family leave at the same time his agent is trying to get him out of the club.
How very cynical of you, he lost a child not long a go and who knows if the compassionate leave is related to that or not.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This place in 2 months: “CR7 for the golden boot! Sueee. The GOAT! feck Pessi.”

Trex

If he had any sense he'll wouldn't have created all this fuss, at this stage in his career he should play the role of a big brother in the squad.
Play when the coach needs you, get rested at times, be the guy giving pointers to the younger players...that's the only way he could "win" this return to United.
But he has overestimated himself being the same diva but forgetting he isn't 28 anymore.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Well if that's true then its good, but last season when he got subbed off by Rangnick you saw the whiny twat he was right?
Sure but he saw his teammates as inferior to himself. He seemed abit more content when Zidane was doing to it.

Plus, like I was alluding too, if Ronaldo is in a more successful side with top talent comparable to himself he's alittle more toned down.
We're clearly not at the top and the whiney little git knows it.

Trex

Sure but he saw his teammates as inferior to himself. He seemed abit more content when Zidane was doing to it.

Plus, like I was alluding too, if Ronaldo is in a more successful side with top talent comparable to himself he's alittle more toned down.
We're clearly not at the top and the whiney little git knows it.
He isn't a player for the top either that's why no one wanted him, we know that now too.

Mainoldo

The fact we are briefing this nonsense is a joke. How are we openly telling the world we don’t have a clue what this guy wants to do but we hope he sides with us.

Let’s hope ETH puts some authority down on this circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.