Cristiano Ronaldo - performances 2017/18

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
After the game he was asked about the many renewals on the team during the last months, he replied:
"It's a good question, these things happen naturally but maybe the president can give a better response than I can".
In my opinion he will renew(Madrid will pay the fine)
http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/09/27/59cad352e2704e6e4d8b45b4.html
Is this a thing? He just signed a contract last november til' 2021, and every contract Real has offered to players in the last year (Kroos, Bale, Lucas, Carva, Nacho, Isco, Ramos, Benzema and Marcelo) goes either until 21' or 22', except Luka (20') and Asensio (23').

The press really knows which buttons to push to create drama

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Is this a thing? He just signed a contract last november til' 2021, and every contract Real has offered to players in the last year (Kroos, Bale, Lucas, Carva, Nacho, Isco, Ramos, Benzema and Marcelo) goes either until 21' or 22', except Luka (20') and Asensio (23').

The press really knows which buttons to push to create drama
I know, and was Susana Guasch, who is always looking for this questions. I said it more than anything about the tax issue, and for the comments this summer about the fine and who should pay it. I personally thought they wouldn´t. The extension really does not matter. If he leave earlier he will get some deal as Guti/Raúl. The issue is how much the wages would increase

Culero

Perez must secretly hate him.
What's the point of offering a new contract? doesn't his latest one run out in 2021? By that time he would be 36 and probably regressed enough to not justify his salary.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Journalist asks what he thinks about a bunch of his teammates getting a new contract and jokes about him getting a new one too. He replies he's happy his teammates renewed and that's a question more suited to Perez than to him (refering to his teammates' contracts).

That answer resulted in this article :lol:

Culero

Journalist asks what he thinks about a bunch of his teammates getting a new contract and jokes about him getting a new one too. He replies he's happy his teammates renewed and that's a question more suited to Perez than to him (refering to his teammates' contracts).

That answer resulted in this article :lol:
Ahh right fair enough. Silly journalists.

carlosp

Van der Sar reveals Ronaldo practiced free-kicks with him

Ex-Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has revealed that Portuguese super-star Cristiano Ronaldo used to ask him to stay behind after training so he could help him to improve his free-kicks, according to a report on the Daily Mail.

Ronaldo was notorious during his time at Manchester United for having the best free-kicks in the world and van der Sar has revealed how he rose to claim that title.

Ronaldo would stay behind after training but rather than shooting at an open goal, would request the Dutch shot-stopper to go in net.

“After training sessions he would often work on his free-kicks and then come to me and say: ‘Edwin, can you go in goal? I’d say I was old so he would be better off using one of the youth team keepers,” said van der Sar.

“He’d get agitated and reply: “No, no. You’ve got to go in goal,” continued the Dutchman.

Ronaldo’s hunger and determination is clear to see and this is one of the key factors which has made him the best player in the world.

The forward tested himself against one of the best shot-stoppers in the world at the time on the training field, which used to help his confidence when taking the set-pieces during matches.
http://readmanutd.com/2017/10/05/van-der-sar-reveals-ronaldo-practiced-free-kicks-with-him/

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Personally I would like to see him retiring after Russia if we qualify.
Why would you want that?

If we do really well in Russia he might do that but he'll be 40 and we still won't have anyone better there. I think if he stays fit he'll still play in Qatar.

2020 maybe we have a chance.
I don't think Mou will want the job so soon, he'd still only be 57 by 2020. It depends on how things go for United really

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Why would you want that?
First because it will be the perfect time for him, 33 years old, hundreds of competitive matches on his legs and because we need to start working as a team who can win matches without him.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
First because it will be the perfect time for him, 33 years old, hundreds of competitive matches on his legs and because we need to start working as a team who can win matches without him.
That makes sense but I think we'd just end up being a lot worse, the best way to go about it would be having Mourinho come in as manager after Cristiano leaves since I trust him to make the transition seem smooth. the qualification for the Euros is a lot easier now, so we could start resting him more after the World Cup. There's no reason he should retire completely imo.

If we were one of the top national teams and had a bunch of new kids coming up I'd agree but he's simply making too much of a difference right now and his replacements wouldn't be good enough to make up for it

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
97 - Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 97 goals in his 101 competitive games since the start of 2016 (Real Madrid and Portugal).

Skorenzy

That makes sense but I think we'd just end up being a lot worse, the best way to go about it would be having Mourinho come in as manager after Cristiano leaves since I trust him to make the transition seem smooth. the qualification for the Euros is a lot easier now, so we could start resting him more after the World Cup. There's no reason he should retire completely imo.

If we were one of the top national teams and had a bunch of new kids coming up I'd agree but he's simply making too much of a difference right now and his replacements wouldn't be good enough to make up for it

Meanwhile, André Silva has done an amazing job in the shadow of Cristiano with 8 (!) goals already. In any other qualifying cycle that would be enough to be top/near the top of the scoring charts, but the tallies of Lewandowski and the aforementioned have made him pass by seemingly unnoticed -- outside of Portugal anyway.
Okay, there's a lot of "cannon fodder" in your group but it's still impressive considering he made his senior NT debut little more than a year ago.

I think you guys are in a quite healthy situation right now.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Meanwhile, André Silva has done an amazing job in the shadow of Cristiano with 8 (!) goals already. In any other qualifying cycle that would be enough to be top/near the top of the scoring charts, but the tallies of Lewandowski and the aforementioned have made him pass by seemingly unnoticed -- outside of Portugal anyway.
Okay, there's a lot of "cannon fodder" in your group but it's still impressive considering he made his senior NT debut little more than a year ago.

I think you guys are in a quite healthy situation right now.
André Silva is not good enough yet and he was terrible again yesterday, he's only 21, I think he'll become good enough but he'll never be one of the top strikers in the world. He doesn't offer anything outside of the box and inside the box he needs 5 good chances to score once. His instincts and his movement inside the box are world class, that and the fact our opponents are always worried with Cristiano means he gets plenty of chances but his finishing is terrible which is a bit of a problem when you're a striker. There's a reason he's not starting for Milan and he wasn't even a starter for Porto by the time he left, no idea why he's so hyped outside of Portugal or how Porto sold him for 40 million euros. It's probably the hair.

But that's not even our biggest problem, the main reason we're screwed for the future is our centrebacks. Pepe, Fonte and Bruno Alves will retire and then what? I think a downfall is inevitable for us unless we get a top manager that's able to steady the ship, thank God the tournaments are getting bigger and it will be easier than ever to qualify.