Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The bianconeri representatives would then travel to Spain to present the offer, as well as draw up the contract for Ronaldo: €60 million per season gross wages for the next four seasons
Blimey! That's a lot of cheddar!

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
Isn't FIAT behind all this?
Exor more precisely, that is Agnelli’s family holding (which include FIAT, Ferrari, Chrysler, Jeep, Juve and a lot of other stuff)

But there a lot of rumors, no one knows exactly how we are going to pay the 30mln wage.

Infra-red

Exor more precisely, that is Agnelli’s family holding (which include FIAT, Ferrari, Chrysler, Jeep, Juve and a lot of other stuff)

But there a lot of rumors, no one knows exactly how we are going to pay the 30mln wage.
So we can expect to see an advert featuring Ronaldo driving a Ferrari/Maserati down the Stelvio Pass within about a week of him signing?

Suedesi

The last CL campaigns have clearly proved that we are the second strongest team after Real, or at least that we are the only ones to have put them in a corner.

We are the last team who knocked them out (in 2015) and the only one to have won 3-1 at the Bernabeu and put them in a corner.

With him on board, I think we are clearly among the favorites along Barca and Real
Yeah, you put them in the corner in Cardiff.

Bayern put them in the corner, you were just taking turns getting beat by Real and Barca in the finals.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I've seen this story before.

Sergio Ramos and Ronaldo have played this game well previously.

If he truly wanted to leave he wouldn't have still been negotiating for a better contract with Real.

One of Madrid or Mendes will blink at some point.

I'm confident he will still be a Madrid player come September 1. I doubt believe that Juventus are being led to believe there is a deal here just like we were with Ramos and Ronaldo before.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Maybe Ronaldo doesn't want to play in the Premier League again? He conquered it already. Maybe he wants a new challenge.
Maybe he specifically wants Juve.

If we're not in for him, I'm sure there's a reason.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It would be further proof of our decline and the joke status we have in the transfer market from getting used and abused by players like Ronaldo, Ramos and even Fellaini for new contracts to having to pay over the odds for players like Sanchez(salary wise) and Lukaku.
Funny thing is the one time Cris tried to use you to get his raise, the end result is him going to Juventus :lol:

So who is he big winner in this deal?
Cristiano and Italian football for sure. Juventus and Madrid, TBS
yes that is true, but one was talking about the city attractiveness and interest. No doubt Milan is easier to work in(also because is not even half the size of Rome) but as a destination it is not even in the same league as Rome sorry :D
Oh yeah, i agree. If you're going there for sightseeing, Rome is a much better destination than Milan. Very few cities can compare with Rome in that regard

It might although improving on a 95 points league campaign is pretty much impossible.
They could have broken the 102 points record in 16/17 if they cared for it. Not sure Cristiano is a big enough upgrade over Higuain in the league and if the team on the whole will be better than this season. Though as you said, they don't particularly care about improving in the league. It's the CL they want, and Cristiano certainly can improve them there

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sanchez does look like a bit of a silly signing now doesn't it, if Ronaldo does in fact leave.
The time to buy Sanchez was when he left Barca. At this point we are basically getting a player past his prime who wants to casually glide into retirement on the wings of one final lucrative contract.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
To all the united fans crying over it: Mourinho doesn't want him. Simple as that

RedPamie

Am I the only one that's really not bothered?

He's passed his best and he left us to chase his heart/dreams. It'll be a good move for Juve but not for us.
This.

I know he's great and all but we were just a vehicle for him. His true desire is Real and world domination. I can understand he fancies Juve to prolong his legacy. Accept it guys, he never wanted to come back.

cyberman

It is 30m net, gross is double that.
A 4 year deal puts the total package at 350 odd million!
People are hilariously flippant with this..oh we bought Sanchez last January, our hands are tied

Karappa

Perfect moment to sell him from a Real Madrid point of view. Yes, he scored a lot during the last season but it wasn't evenly distributed and that's why the league title was gone in October. The first half of the season he scored a lot, but only in the CL group phase and even in 2018 he had two amazing months but after the penalty against Juve I can't remember him having a great game. Much like at the World Cup where he was outstanding vs Spain and decisive vs Marocco he missed the penalty vs Iran and was nowhere to be seen vs Uruguay.

And these fluctuations from the greatest highs in single games (which he will be able to achieve for years) to long draughts where he is more or less just a passenger of a team playing for him will only get stronger which is why this is the moment to move on. He has given his best years to Real Madrid, is a club icon, the leading scorer of all-time and for that we are eternally thankful - but no single player is bigger than the club. And with his constant demands for a better contract, the annual is he going or not theater, the tax case that may still be open or not depending on who you believe and these fluctuations in performance the moment has come. Thank you, Cristiano Ronaldo!

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronRedDevil

I'll be very surprised if Ronaldo actuallly does go to Juventus. All these years just waiting for him to come back to Manchester and moving at the very first hint only to completely ignore him this time. It's just doesn't make any sense.

How is Woodward or Jose just not doing anything. Maybe they are asking but it's seems like he just wants to go to Italy. A €100m to get the best player in the world. Hell I'll love it if United could get him on a loan for a season, he might even accept that. Maybe it's because he's already conquered England he probably doesn't need to go back. A new fresh league with different opponents and challenges, I can see the appeal.

Last edited by a moderator:

predator

Youth NITK
Quite a surprise to be honest. Really did not imagine him going to Italy at any stage of his career since leaving united. Just shows that he is still as hungry as ever, unless Juve are willing to pay him far more than anyone thinks. He has a great chance of winning the champions league with Juve because they are always, as of late, a solid performing champions league club.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I thought Turim was charming on its own way. One side of the river with classic buildings giving the opposite feel of the other side with suburbs and more prevalent with racial minorities.

It was always one heck of a fun to pick the restaurants each time. Great food. And of course sight bathing on the wonderful Architecture of Guarini.

ravi2

To all the united fans crying over it: Mourinho doesn't want him. Simple as that
At this point, I dont think the board will be in favour of it either.
It would be another short sighted solution and we arent equipped to get the best out of him at this stage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sanchez does look like a bit of a silly signing now doesn't it, if Ronaldo does in fact leave.
How is it in any way silly, bearing in mind we don't know how Sanchez will play this season, and we don't know how Ronaldo would play for us.
When was the last time Ronaldo was a wide left player?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
How is it in any way silly, bearing in mind we don't know how Sanchez will play this season, and we don't know how Ronaldo would play for us.
When was the last time Ronaldo was a wide left player?
Sanchez looks like a silly signing because Ronaldo is leaving Madrid 6 months later :confused:

Does the club have a crystal ball?

fezzerUTD

Sanchez looks like a silly signing because Ronaldo is leaving Madrid 6 months later :confused:

Does the club have a crystal ball?
No but this wont have happened in the past 3 weeks, this will have been happening for months.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I reckon this is a done deal, he's going to be a Juve player come next season.
Except for the massive flood of press about Juventus being interested, reported in 100s of sources, what's your hunch based on? :angel:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'll be very surprised if Ronaldo actuallly does go to Juventus. All these years just waiting for him to come back to Manchester and moving at the very first hint only to completely ignore him this time. It's just doesn't make any sense.

How is Woodward or Jose just not doing anything. Maybe they are asking but it's seems like he just wants to go to Italy. A €100m to get the best player in the world. Hell I'll love it if United could get him on a loan for a season, he might even accept that. Maybe it's because he's already conquered England he probably doesn't need to go back. A new fresh league with different opponents and challenges, I can see the appeal.
I think Juve is the perfect fit for him right now. Still competitive in Europe, almost guaranteed domestic success, fantastic prestige and older players have thrived there the last few seasons (Pirlo, Dani Alves, Buffon, etc). He'll be the centre of attention and the main focus of the team and the league, and he's guaranteed to be a success. The French league/PSG is beneath him imo (plus they probably can't risk signing someone like him right now), and I'm not sure if the EPL is the best fit for this stage of his career/he's already done it here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Ronaldo really is leaving, I reckon we'll come in for him.
We can go in for him but I dont think he would want to join anyone in the premier league, even us. Its ronaldo, why would he want to go somewhere that he already won everything there is to win? Ronaldo doesnt do something purely sentimental. He goes to push on his legendary status. He won everything there is to win at the biggest club in England, he won everything there is to win at the biggest club in Spain and world and will now aim to do that at the biggest club in Italy. At his age, he knows probably that the Italian league is perfect for him too, and might be able to keep a really high level for another 3 years if not til the next world cup.

Basically, no point losing sleep over us not being in this. He wouldnt want to rejoin us at this stage in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.